Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,156 members, 7,825,613 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years (42621 Views)

Robert Mugabe: 8 Important Dates In The Life Of Late Zimbabwean President / Sacked Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe: 10 Things You Never Knew About Him / Robert Mugabe’s 37-Year-Old Rule As Zimbabwean President In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by Dizu(m): 5:29pm On Nov 21, 2017
A legend, a better legacy than Gaddafi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by peter0071(m): 5:29pm On Nov 21, 2017
Him no wan die naa....
DaGC:
I was shocked when I saw it. Thought he might hold on till death, especially since there is a tendency of Africans to never let go of power after tasting it.
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by timilehin007(m): 5:29pm On Nov 21, 2017
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by Diso60090(m): 5:30pm On Nov 21, 2017
akinreals:
I am sure he did not resign willingly. Anyways either under duress or willingly, resignation na resignation.
i sight you
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by coolcharm(m): 5:30pm On Nov 21, 2017
smiley

I still feel bad a bit that force... Even though subtle was used to force a democratically elected president into resignation. As much as I want to find a reason to celebrate with the Zims, I strongly feel they should have waited to make this change at the next polls.

I wish Robert Mugabe all the rest he deserves in retirement, and to the Zimbabweans, all the peace they need as the embark on the seemingly wavy journey to true democracy.

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 21, 2017
what WOMEN can cause ehn...... Y dis woman go jus put dis guy for trouble,? make she dey do president now nah..
she jus pour sand sand for d guy garri...
Let all dis women stop behaving like DELILAH jawe

3 Likes

Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by emeejinsm: 5:31pm On Nov 21, 2017
Black leaders are power mongers , whether the are doing well or not not their biz ,God help the black race
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by DaGC(m): 5:31pm On Nov 21, 2017
peter0071:
Him no wan die naa....

Lol....especially at 93 grin

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by miteolu(m): 5:31pm On Nov 21, 2017
MUGABE GO AND ...

Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by free2ryhme: 5:31pm On Nov 21, 2017
chloedogie:
He has finally resigned watching live on CNN. Pics and details to follow.

Harare, Zimbabwe (CNN)Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe has resigned, the speaker of the country's Parliament said, bringing an end to his 37 years of rule.

The announcement came as Parliament began proceedings to impeach him, six days after the military seized control in the capital, Harare.
Mugabe's resignation marks the an end of an era in Zimbabwe -- he ruled the country with an iron fist for almost four decades and is the only leader the nation has known since it achieved independence from Britain in 1980.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/11/21/africa/robert-mugabe-resigns-zimbabwe-president/index.html

it finally happened
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by dheaven: 5:32pm On Nov 21, 2017
Hmm, finally
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by ibkgab001: 5:32pm On Nov 21, 2017
We thank God ooooo
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by Alwaysking: 5:32pm On Nov 21, 2017
Good for him
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by anytexy: 5:33pm On Nov 21, 2017
Paul Bia get ready.

3 Likes

Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by chloedogie(m): 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2017
free2ryhme:

it has finally happened

I'm telling you. Yorubas will say ''igba kon o lo rere''. In hip hop language, no long thing. His days are over and over for good.
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by Paperwhite(m): 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2017
Good radiance to bad rubbish.The end of another inglorious sit-tight African leader.
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by basic23111: 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2017
I respect this man call Mugabe....more luv Mugabe

3 Likes

Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by jericco1(m): 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2017
end of an era. he should have resigned long before now.
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by dumie(f): 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2017
Finally
He has outlived his usefulness

2 Likes

Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by ChineduKodjoSha: 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2017
Ase!!!!!
DaGC:
I was shocked when I saw it. Thought he might hold on till death, especially since there is a tendency for Africans to never let go of power after tasting it.

Wish Zimbabwe the best as it starts rebuilding.
May he be honored for the good. May his good deeds outweigh his bad. May he and Zimbabwe be blessed with black freedom and independence...
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by Ajasco222: 5:35pm On Nov 21, 2017
Miltary intervention took too long
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by Mac2016(m): 5:36pm On Nov 21, 2017
Now I am not surprised at the rating of Zimbabwe as a leading African nation in level of literacy. See mature ousting of an iron fist leader. Salute to Zimbabweans #IamAZimbabwean

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by sinkhole: 5:36pm On Nov 21, 2017
Now the Zims will have to pray and hope that Emerson Mnagangwan will not be more brutal than the old Mugabe!
Africa, O Africa, why do God decide to bless us with heartless leaders?
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by donnie(m): 5:37pm On Nov 21, 2017
Good for ZimbAbwe. The word of the Lord has come to pass. They received the prophet, now they've received the prophet's reward.

"The reason I’m here at this time is because something special is about to happen in your country," Pastor Chris began to say to an elated audience of several tens of thousands at the National Sports Stadium in Harare, Zimbabwe, on the 7th of May 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-1EsSSyW50
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by dabeto: 5:37pm On Nov 21, 2017
I will advise the new government shouldn't bother to probe the man. Let him go to the grave in peace.
Grace should get back to the other room. This is when he needs her most......
cool
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 21, 2017
This man is old enough to be a great great grandfather. African leaders sha. Must they be forced out before the relinquish power?
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 21, 2017
Good.
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by Lexusgs430: 5:40pm On Nov 21, 2017
Nah this kin coup dey sweet ...... Ruffle a few feathers and power changes hand....... No blood lost .....

2 Likes

Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by 8stargeneral: 5:40pm On Nov 21, 2017
Buhari two years cause more havoc than Mugabe 37 years cool cool cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by abbeyty(m): 5:40pm On Nov 21, 2017
why are they celebrating? cuz they were able to unseat a 93 years old great grandfather after 37 years. bunch of cowards

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by free2ryhme: 5:40pm On Nov 21, 2017
DaGC:
I was shocked when I saw it. Thought he might hold on till death, especially since there is a tendency for Africans to never let go of power after tasting it.

Wish Zimbabwe the best as it starts rebuilding.

pls how many volts shocked you and you didnot die

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ISIS Claims Responsibility For Kabul Airport Suicide Bomb Attacks(Pix) / Ukraine Claims To Have Shot Down 5 Russian Planes and One Helicopter / U.S. Embassy In Baghdad Attacked; Iraqi Security Forces Kill Protester

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.