Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years (42576 Views)

Robert Mugabe: 8 Important Dates In The Life Of Late Zimbabwean President / Sacked Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe: 10 Things You Never Knew About Him / Robert Mugabe’s 37-Year-Old Rule As Zimbabwean President In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by free2ryhme: 5:40pm On Nov 21, 2017
chloedogie:
He has finally resigned watching live on CNN. Pics and details to follow.

Harare, Zimbabwe (CNN)Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe has resigned, the speaker of the country's Parliament said, bringing an end to his 37 years of rule.

The announcement came as Parliament began proceedings to impeach him, six days after the military seized control in the capital, Harare.
Mugabe's resignation marks the an end of an era in Zimbabwe -- he ruled the country with an iron fist for almost four decades and is the only leader the nation has known since it achieved independence from Britain in 1980.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/11/21/africa/robert-mugabe-resigns-zimbabwe-president/index.html

Christmas came early for Zimbabweans

2 Likes

Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 21, 2017
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by ajepako(f): 5:40pm On Nov 21, 2017
Thank God...

That is how all power drunk and ineffective geriatrics holding on to power will be disgraced all through Africa...

Viva Africa!

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by Emeskhalifa(m): 5:40pm On Nov 21, 2017
Eyaaaaa

Fear of ICC
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by Kakamorufu(m): 5:41pm On Nov 21, 2017
Hahahaha. At last. Leyin aponle, abuku lo kan
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by origima: 5:42pm On Nov 21, 2017
FarahAideed:
Buhari is next in Jesus Name

And this hooligan is using the name of Jesus.Buhari is less than 3yrs in power out of 4yrs mandate and he is doing well so far.Beside, u don't have anybody in mind better than Pmb to succeed him.Again, it is clear nobody in ur linage or community have visited any Government house before, so?

4 Likes

Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by VeecThorr(m): 5:43pm On Nov 21, 2017
FarahAideed:

But the damge he has caused is more than 50 years of Mugabe
You're exaggerating.

2 Likes

Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by morereb10: 5:43pm On Nov 21, 2017
good good good

Hope dey don't regret it like we regret voting APC in Nigeria
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by Funkybabee(f): 5:43pm On Nov 21, 2017
Ope ooooi
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by chloedogie(m): 5:44pm On Nov 21, 2017
Like I do tell close people around me, how I wish God can raise up a Jerry J. Rawlings for us in Nigeria. Just watch and see how things will get better for them in Zimbabwe so far it was a bloodless ousting and not a revolution like they has in Egypt, Libya and co. See Ghana today, their economy is on geometrical rise. But our own politicians have held us to ransom. The God that did it for the Zimbabweans will do it for us peacefully too in Nigeria without any chaos, riot or war. AMEN!!!!!!!!
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by Abudu2000(m): 5:44pm On Nov 21, 2017
Even the oldest man in my home town is just 89 and I can hardly comprehend his words when I visit home ..this old hag shoe die in peace abeg

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by electrokcoi(m): 5:45pm On Nov 21, 2017
every African country colonised by British never achieve any good
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by chloedogie(m): 5:45pm On Nov 21, 2017
free2ryhme:

Christmas came early for Zimbabweans

LOL and may new year come early for us too in Nigeria. AMEN. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by Daboomb: 5:45pm On Nov 21, 2017
FarahAideed:

Please, itemise these damages he has CAUSED within the last three years he was President.....and let us see.

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by Chukazu: 5:45pm On Nov 21, 2017
akinreals:
I am sure he did not resign willingly. Anyways either under duress or willingly, resignation na resignation.
seriously who cares wether he resigned willingly?,that guy is a scourge
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by Torosk1(m): 5:46pm On Nov 21, 2017
At last
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by omooba969(m): 5:49pm On Nov 21, 2017
FarahAideed:

Why did you skip Uganda, Cameroon & Togo?

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by sokera: 5:49pm On Nov 21, 2017
FarahAideed:

what damage ? What good was on ground before Buhari won the election ? Just tell me one good thing that he damage ?

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by Crossguy: 5:50pm On Nov 21, 2017
LIKE THIS
Mayany:
African leaders and power are 5&6 let the old man go and rest and enjoy his loot

Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by asawanathegreat(m): 5:50pm On Nov 21, 2017
Buhari till 2023 no going back APC will rule like Robert Mugabe

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by femi4: 5:51pm On Nov 21, 2017
cashlurd:
After his resignation, let's watch and see if things would get better in Zimbabwe or it will be another Libya issue.
Its not about things getting better, its about do your part and leave the place.

Mandela did just a term not because he couldn't impose himself or ran out of ideas on how to move South Africa forward. He understood what Democracy is all about.
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by chloedogie(m): 5:54pm On Nov 21, 2017
sokera:
what damage ? What good was on ground before Buhari won the election ? Just tell me one good thing that he damage ?

You spoke my mind.
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by ElsonMorali: 5:54pm On Nov 21, 2017
FarahAideed:

How old are you again?
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by TheShopKeeper(m): 5:56pm On Nov 21, 2017
...he made the right choice...regardless of the military intervention...
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 21, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Still undemocratic. No matter how they try make the thing appear democratic, it is not. Democracy doesn't work like that. You don't make change in a democracy like that. What happened is a coup. No afterthought can change that.

Power and life is transient. Mugabe who once boasted no military coup can remove him is now under house arrest by the military.

The condemnation by the war veterans in 2016 of abandoning the revolution didn’t help his case either. They had accused him of promoting corruption and said they will not support him in next year’s election.

His treatment of the white farmers in his country didn’t help him or his country either and the sanctions he got suffered the country.

Till now, none of the western counties, who love to promote democratic values, has condemned the military coup. Tacit support or endorsement?

His wife has received criticisms and Mugabe’s attempt to pass her the touch annoyed the military, politicians and revolutionaries more. It seems everyone is finally fed up with him that even when democratic values are shattered to remove him, no one seem to care.

In Egypt when a similar thing happened, it was regarded as a ‘military intervention’ by the US and other powers when obviously a coup happened. What happened in Zimbabwe is a coup but unfortunately, Mugabe has annoyed so many people, destroyed so many laws and his authoritarianism has made it difficult to speak about him in the democratic language.

http://www.mortalpoet.com/mugabe-going-going

I would take the Devil's deal (which almost all the time never ends well) if I foresaw some good coming from it.

They were all at that point...due process be damned.
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by franzis(m): 5:58pm On Nov 21, 2017
The most educated African president , the last of African leader who refused to be a British /American government puppet.

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 21, 2017
Lol
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by efighter: 6:00pm On Nov 21, 2017
FarahAideed:

Not in the life time of IPOB pigs and idiots from the Biaffraud republic of drugs, robbery, kidnapping and killing.

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by segzie2012: 6:01pm On Nov 21, 2017
FarahAideed:

how na!
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by ivolt: 6:01pm On Nov 21, 2017
chloedogie:
The old man is gone................

Like I do tell close people around me, how I wish God can raise up a Jerry J. Rawlings for us in Nigeria. Just watch and see how things will get better for them in Zimbabwe so far it was a bloodless ousting and not a revolution like they had in Egypt, Libya and co. See Ghana today, their economy is on a g[b]eometrical rise[/b]. But our own politicians have held us to ransom. The God that did it for the Zimbabweans will do it for us peacefully too in Nigeria without any chaos, riot or war. AMEN!!!!!!!!

Any data to back up your claims?
Re: Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe Resigns After 37 Years by ivolt: 6:02pm On Nov 21, 2017
cashlurd:
After his resignation, let's watch and see if things would get better in Zimbabwe or it will be another Libya issue.
Don't compare Libya with Zimbabwe, they are on opposite pole.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Students Caught In The Russia-Ukraine War / Nigerian-American Woman Celebrates Biden's Victory With 'Crazy' Dance Steps / Gambian President-elect Adama Barrow Releases New Photos 2day 2 Show He's Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.