Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS (1699 Views)

My Question For Ikwerre, Epkeye And Anioma Groups. / Why Did The Lagos Government Deport Igbos That Time / Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 21, 2017
For emphasis sake
Let me first state clearly am unapologetic igbo
So don't get me wrng

For something now a lot of debate has been going on about Lagos with my fellow igbo brothers claiming ownership of Lagos

Pls my question is simple and direct, IF A MAN RENT AN APARTMENT, THEN FURNISH IT BY REPAINTING IT, PLANTING FLOWERS AND ORNAMENTAL TREES EVEN REMOVING THE WOODEN DOORS AND WINDOWS AND REPLACING SAME WITH BULLET PROOF ONES, DOES THAT MAKE HIM THE OWNER OF THE HOUSE?

Most places we call gariki in the east are predominately dorminated by northerners that do thier business ranging from selling sugar cane, cows and goats etc, making those places commercial center, does that in anyway translate to ownership of such places to northerners?

The earlier we stop this our chest beating and channel that energy into development of our region, the better

Ndewo nu
Oke ka oha m na onu

Cc: lalasticlala
Mynd44
Mods

7 Likes

Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by DeeFlask(m): 8:09pm On Nov 21, 2017
I am an Igbo guy from Lagos state

2 Likes

Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 21, 2017
Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by raker300: 8:17pm On Nov 21, 2017
See the people that want one nigeria!!

So a Nigerian living in another state is living like a tenant?

You Yorubas are funny

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by kn23h(m): 8:17pm On Nov 21, 2017
Unnecessary thread.

I'd like to claim a piece of Iboland as retaliation, but non of it is developed. grin

12 Likes

Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by ibedun: 8:19pm On Nov 21, 2017
DeeFlask:
I am an Igbo guy from Lagos state

Where in Lagos state? Oga go and check well, the constitution say you can live in Lagos but you are igbo and you are from your igbo state of origin.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by PFRB: 8:19pm On Nov 21, 2017
Igbos do not claim to own Lagos. What Igbos say is that they contributed immensely to the development of Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by ibedun: 8:21pm On Nov 21, 2017
PFRB:
Igbos do not claim to own Lagos. What Igbos say is that they contributed immensely to the development of Lagos.

Who cares? Lagos developed you and you pay back so wtf.
what we are saying is "thank you but go and develop your state, stop going around like useless refugees"

7 Likes

Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by DeeFlask(m): 8:24pm On Nov 21, 2017
ibedun:

Where in Lagos state? Oga go and check well, the constitution say you can live in Lagos but you are igbo and you are from your igbo state of origin.
Epe LGA
I have state ID and certificate of origin

1 Like

Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by dadavivo: 8:58pm On Nov 21, 2017
Why I don't bother my self is because, millions of yorubbers in Lagos are not from Lagos.

6 Likes

Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 21, 2017
dadavivo:
Why I don't bother my self is because, millions of yorubbers in Lagos are not from Lagos.

Una matter just tire me. There is no point in engaging igbos in meaningful discourse

3 Likes

Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by Habakus: 9:15pm On Nov 21, 2017
Op you have a problem.
You have this psychological complex of always wanting to be accepted by outsiders; you need others to make you feel you "belong".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by MayorofLagos(m): 10:16pm On Nov 21, 2017
lustychima:
For emphasis sake
So don't get me wrng

For something now a lot of debate has been going on about Lagos with my fellow igbo brothers claiming ownership of Lagos

Pls my question is simple and direct, IF A MAN RENT AN APARTMENT, THEN FURNISH IT BY REPAINTING IT, PLANTING FLOWERS AND ORNAMENTAL TREES EVEN REMOVING THE WOODEN DOORS AND WINDOWS AND REPLACING SAME WITH BULLET PROOF ONES, DOES THAT MAKE HIM THE OWNER OF THE HOUSE?

Most places we call gariki in the east are predominately dorminated by northerners that do thier business ranging from selling sugar cane, cows and goats etc, making those places commercial center, does that in anyway translate to ownership of such places to northerners?

The earlier we stop this our chest beating and channel that energy into development of our region, the better

Ndewo nu
Oke ka oha m na onu

Mynd44
Mods

They will not listen to your message...but they will listen to whipping. God has made them to be eran iya!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by Gotze1: 10:47pm On Nov 21, 2017
raker300:

You Yorubas are funny
When a brain is dark, nothing can be done to help the victim. Even when he said he's igbo and telling you the bitter truth. You talk shout your nightmare. Now I believe that Yoruba is truly the bane of your misery.

6 Likes

Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by Gotze1: 10:50pm On Nov 21, 2017
dadavivo:
Go and tell South African that millions of them are not from johanessbourg

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by dadavivo: 10:52pm On Nov 21, 2017
Gotze1:
Go and tell South African that millions of them are not from johanessbourg
close your gutter smelly mouth.

2 Likes

Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by izombie(m): 11:02pm On Nov 21, 2017
lustychima:
For emphasis sake
So don't get me wrng

Ndewo nu
Oke ka oha m na onu

Mynd44
Mods
op this is my own question. If i come to your land and then you sold that very land to me, not rent but sold the land to me. Does it not make the land automatically mine? If you then come to the land that you sold to me to remind me that i am not really the owner of the land what do you think my reply to you would be? Yorubas started all this. You sold your empty land to an igbo man, 2 years later there is a 4 storey building or a nice duplex built on the land by the igbo man, then the yoruba man will come and tell the igbo man that this is yoruba land. Do you expect the igbo man to shut up?

8 Likes

Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by deomelo: 11:20pm On Nov 21, 2017
raker300:

You Yorubas are funny

Are you the owners of the places you go to trade and earn your daily bread.?

That's the question.

1 Like

Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by Alariiwo: 11:25pm On Nov 21, 2017
Even SE as a geopolitical zone belongs to Nigeria and is owned by Nigerians not igbos.. cos after the civil war, it was Nigerian money from Lagos, Ogun, Rivers, Bayelsa etc. that govt. used to rebuild the region and make it habitable for Nigerians to live in.

Reality will dawn on them when we present these facts at international courts.
Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by istandfortruth: 11:32pm On Nov 21, 2017
Well, those are the pros (and cons) of one Nigeria. You can't claim one Nigeria and still get angry when a citizen buys your land and owns the property. Even if it makes some people get angry, it doesn't change the fact that in the spirit of one Nigeria, Lagos is really for everyone. There's no need narrowing it down to Igbos alone, Lagos isn't for Igbo but rather for everyone. This may hurt a bit but its a part of what the one Nigeria talks implies.

2 Likes

Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by IkpuMmadu: 11:38pm On Nov 21, 2017
istandfortruth:
Well, those are the pros (and cons) of one Nigeria. You can't claim one Nigeria and still get angry when a citizen buys your land and owns the property. Even if it makes some people get angry, it doesn't change the fact that in the spirit of one Nigeria, Lagos is really for everyone. There's no need narrowing it down to Igbos alone, Lagos isn't for Igbo but rather for everyone. This may hurt a bit but its a part of what the one Nigeria talks implies.

Una no dey tire for this Lagos ownership....okay na you own Lagos....na you own Nigeria....

How many bank alerts has this statement given u now
Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by istandfortruth: 11:47pm On Nov 21, 2017
That's wrong, i can't own Lagos. Like I said earlier "Lagos is really for everyone". It was developed by so many people, this includes whites and blacks. Its futile for anyone to try to take the glory alone.

IkpuMmadu:

Una no dey tire for this Lagos ownership....okay na you own Lagos....na you own Nigeria....

How many bank alerts has this statement given u now

1 Like

Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by Perceptor(m): 11:54pm On Nov 21, 2017
PFRB:
Who invited them to com contribute?
Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by mightyhazel: 11:57pm On Nov 21, 2017
Gotze1:
When a brain is dark, nothing can be done to help the victim. Even when he said he's igbo and telling you the bitter truth. You talk shout your nightmare. Now I believe that Yoruba is truly the bane of your misery.
bane of his misery? like... a hindrance to his misery?

1 Like

Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by mightyhazel: 11:59pm On Nov 21, 2017
Lagos is for every nigerian..

u guys should live with this fact

1 Like

Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by IkpuMmadu: 12:00am On Nov 22, 2017
istandfortruth:
That's wrong, i can't own Lagos. Like I said earlier "Lagos is really for everyone". It was developed by so many people, this includes whites and blacks. Its futile for anyone to try to take the glory alone.

No you must own Lagos...in short you own Lagos....it puts food on your table...it credits your account

Leave us let us make money from Lagos while you claim ownership ...I am fine with the arrangement....come one and claim Lagos ownership whereas in real life men are making money building houses in the same Lagos you own

You own Lagos oooo
You own the lagoons
You own the skies

Are you happy now....

Una no dey tire ...Dem don sing am....leave mgbati mgbati and double hutsle

Na person wey get money for Lagos get say and own Lagos ooooo

Not some online ranting bro

Abeg grow up and leave this for kids

1 Like

Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by IkpuMmadu: 12:01am On Nov 22, 2017
istandfortruth:

istandfortruth:

No you must own Lagos...in short you own Lagos....it puts food on your table...it credits your account

Leave us let us make money from Lagos while you claim ownership ...I am fine with the arrangement....come one and claim Lagos ownership whereas in real life men are making money building houses in the same Lagos you own

You guys own Lagos oooo
You guys own the lagoons
You guys own the skies

Are you happy now....

Una no dey tire ...Dem don sing am....leave mgbati mgbati and double hutsle

Na person wey get money for Lagos get say and own Lagos ooooo

Not some online ranting bro

Abeg people suppose grow up and leave this for kids 0
Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by IkpuMmadu: 12:02am On Nov 22, 2017
mightyhazel:
Lagos is for every nigerian..

u guys should live with this fact

No leave them make Dem dey claim Lagos while people wey dey make money from Lagos dey make

It's good distraction!
Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by Perceptor(m): 12:02am On Nov 22, 2017
istandfortruth:
But u can claim biafran and still be coveting Nigerian land abi? No worry, shebi una knw hw to play victim very well..
Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by IkpuMmadu: 12:03am On Nov 22, 2017
Alariiwo:
Even SE as a geopolitical zone belongs to Nigeria and is owned by Nigerians not igbos.. cos after the civil war, it was Nigerian money from Lagos, Ogun, Rivers, Bayelsa etc. that govt. used to rebuild the region and make it habitable for Nigerians to live in.

Reality will dawn on them when we present these facts at international courts.

That's okay...also feel free to invest there ....it demonstrate your opinion ...not some online thing Oga
Re: My Question To The Igbos That Feels LAGOS IS THIERS by irynterri(f): 4:13am On Nov 22, 2017
izombie:
op this is my own question. If i come to your land and then you sold that very land to me, not rent but sold the land to me. Does it not make the land automatically mine? If you then come to the land that you sold to me to remind me that i am not really the owner of the land what do you think my reply to you would be? Yorubas started all this. You sold your empty land to an igbo man, 2 years later there is a 4 storey building or a nice duplex built on the land by the igbo man, then the yoruba man will come and tell the igbo man that this is yoruba land. Do you expect the igbo man to shut up?
when that same Igbo man dies, where will he be buried?, will he be buried in his "Lagos" house? no, he will be taken back home to the south east to be buried, I hope this explains to you the reality of life, no matter how you want to twist it, your home is your home. ukwu anyi no na mba ajo kwa

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don't We Have A Government In This Country?this Herdsmen Killings Is Too Much. / Just In: Photos Of Senator Shehu Sani In Prison / Am I The Only One That Finds Oshiomole Irritating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.