Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,862 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Let's Blast The Sat Test!! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Let's Blast The Sat Test!! (14167 Views)

Oyo Govt Urge Residents Around Blast Site To Leave Homes, Check Into Hotels / After 3 Months Of Lockdown, See How People Sat Inside A Plane In Nigeria! / Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by minasota(f): 11:17pm On Nov 27, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Josh4wod: 11:15pm On Feb 13, 2018
Josh4wod:
choose your University according to your Major!!
1.UNIVERSITY OF VERMONT
2.UNIVERSITY OF IDAHO
3.UNIVERSITY OF NORTHWOOD
4.IDAHO STATE UNIVERSITY
5.TROY UNIVERSITY
6.ARKANSAS TECH UNiVERSITY
7.ARKANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY
8.BEMIDJI STATE UNIVERSITY
9.UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT AUSTIN
10.UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO
11.UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT ARLINGTON
12.UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT DALLAS
13.UNIVERSITY OF FINDLAY FOR MBA STUDENTS
14.TRUMAN UNIVERSITY
15.MISSISSIPPI STATE UNIVERSITY FOR WOMEN
16.MISSISSIPPI SATE UNIVERSITY
17.MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY
18.NORTHWEST MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY
19.YALE UNIVERSITY FOR STRONG ACADEMIC CANDIDATES
20.MINNESOTA STATE UNIVERSITY,MANKATO
21.MINNESOTA STATE UNIVERSITY,MOORHEAD
22.SAINT CLOUD STATE UNIVERSITY
23.COLLEGE OF SAN MATEO
24.WESTCLIFF UNIVERSITY(having no ielts)
25.OHIO VALLEY UNIVERSITY(Having no ielts)
26.MARYVILLE UNIVERSITY OF ST. LOUIS
27.STRATFORD UNIVERSITY
28.FUTON COLLEGE ( having no ielts)
29.WEST VIRGINIA WESLEYAM COLLEGE
30.JOHNSON AND WALES UNIVERSITY
31.WICHITA STATE UNIVERSITY( I AM INTERNATIONAL REPRESENTATIVE OF THIS UNIVERSITY)
32.PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY
33.WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY
34.CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY
35.Alabama Agriculture And Mechanical University
36.Alabama State University
37.Amridge University
38.Andrew Jackson University
39.Auburn University
40.Auburn University Montgomery
41.Bevill State Community College
42.Birmingham Southern College
43.Central Alabama Community College
44.Chattahoochee Valley Community College
45.Columbia Southern University
46.Enterprise Ozark Community College
47.Faulkner University
48.Gadsden State Community College
49.H Councill Trenholm State Technical College
50.Herzing University Birmingham
51.Jacksonville State University
52.Jefferson Davis Community College
56.Jefferson State Community College
57.John C. Calhoun State Community College
58.Judson College
59.Northeast Alabama Community College
60.Northwest Shoals Community College - Phil Campbell Campus
61.Northwest Shoals Community College - Shoals Campus
62.Samford University
63.South University - Alabama Colleges, Montgomery Campus
64.Southeastern Bible College
65.Spring Hill College
66.Stillman College
67.Troy University
68.Troy University - Dothan Campus
69.Troy University - Montgomery Campus
70.Troy University - Phenix City Campus
71.Troy University - Troy Campus
72.Tuskegee University
73.United States Sports Academy
74.University of Alabama
75.University of Alabama At Birmingham
76.University of Alabama In Huntsville
77.University of Mobile
78.University of Montevallo
79.University of North Alabama
80.University of Phoenix, Birmingham Campus
81.University of South Alabama
82.University of West Alabama
83.Virginia College
84.Virginia College At Birmingham
85.California University of Pennsylvania
86.Carlow University
87.Carnegie Mellon University
88.Cedar Crest College
89.Chatham University
90..Wallace State Community College
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by deeteeneey(f): 5:33am On Feb 14, 2018
Good job @op. Following
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by davinchecodes(m): 7:39am On Feb 14, 2018
Josh4wod:
Hi , Do i need SSCE before i can write SAT?
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Josh4wod: 4:49pm On Feb 14, 2018
davinchecodes:

Hi , Do i need SSCE before i can write SAT?
It's not required to write the exam
You will only be asked your ID which is your International passport at the the exam venue
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Josh4wod: 4:54pm On Feb 14, 2018
FINANCIAL BENEFIT OF SAT

Many college scholarships awarded for academic excellence are simply not available to a student unless he or she reaches a specific PSAT, SAT or ACT score. This is certainly true of the National Merit Scholarship, which is awarded based on a student’s PSAT score. The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has a minimum score for student athletes to qualify for collegiate athletic scholarships. And both private colleges and public schools frequently have endowments —gifts from generous donors — that provide scholarships for students who achieve a particular score; other factors may also be considered, but a target ACT or SAT test score may be a prerequisite.
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 14, 2018
Josh4wod:

You will only be asked your ID which is your International passport at the the exam venue

But is ssce required by the college
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by davinchecodes(m): 8:52pm On Feb 14, 2018
Josh4wod:

Will the school require SSCE After SAT?
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by ArmadillopgpA: 9:10pm On Feb 14, 2018
Is SAT compatible with WAEC?
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by lyrondee: 9:18pm On Feb 14, 2018
ArmadillopgpA:
Is SAT compatible with WAEC?

SAT is different from WAEC.... SAT is for scholarships, nt every usa schools requires WAEC(high school diploma) but u must submit transcripts... with CGPA

1 Like

Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by lyrondee: 9:20pm On Feb 14, 2018
davinchecodes:

YES OF COURSE... Every usa has their own rules nd requirements... check yr schs website
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by lyrondee: 9:21pm On Feb 14, 2018
Josh4wod:
FINANCIAL BENEFIT OF SAT

Many college scholarships awarded for academic excellence are simply not available to a student unless he or she reaches a specific PSAT, SAT or ACT score. This is certainly true of the National Merit Scholarship, which is awarded based on a student’s PSAT score. The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has a minimum score for student athletes to qualify for collegiate athletic scholarships. And both private colleges and public schools frequently have endowments —gifts from generous donors — that provide scholarships for students who achieve a particular score; other factors may also be considered, but a target ACT or SAT test score may be a prerequisite.

Only SAT is available to NIGERIANS
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Naughtyvirgin(m): 10:43pm On Feb 16, 2018
Pls @josh can you help with materials for SAT studies
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Naughtyvirgin(m): 11:27pm On Feb 16, 2018
Hello house, I need your candid advise please.
I am a graduate with a B.sc in Biochemistry, I'm currently serving and would be through with my service by April. I intend taking the SAT Exam by August.
The reason for this is because I came out with a very low gpa of 2.07 and therefore no school accepts such gpa in the USA , I intend going for B.sc in Nursing.
Here's my question

1). Since i have a B.sc already would this stop me from going to study another B.sc in Nursing?
2). I hope the VO's won't see this as an issue?
3). Should I just apply as a freshman and not tell them I have a degree b4 ?
I would be happy to get enlightened on this.
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Josh4wod: 10:40am On Feb 17, 2018
Naughtyvirgin:
Hello house, I need your candid advise please.
I am a graduate with a B.sc in Biochemistry, I'm currently serving and would be through with my service by April. I intend taking the SAT Exam by August.
The reason for this is because I came out with a very low gpa of 2.07 and therefore no school accepts such gpa in the USA , I intend going for B.sc in Nursing.
Here's my question

1). Since i have a B.sc already would this stop me from going to study another B.sc in Nursing?
2). I hope the VO's won't see this as an issue?
3). Should I just apply as a freshman and not tell them I have a degree b4 ?
I would be happy to get enlightened on this.
1) NO
2) You need a strong conviction (You may as well tender your reason since you're not going for the same degree you failed in.
3)Would have suggested that but you will be asked what you have been doing since you got through with High School.
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Josh4wod: 10:52am On Feb 17, 2018
Naughtyvirgin:
Pls @josh can you help with materials for SAT studies
College board make their materials available
Am sure you can makenit with that.
Try to see some online videos also.
Good luck!!
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Josh4wod: 10:54am On Feb 17, 2018
davinchecodes:

Sure it will be required along with your High school transcript schools.

Note: This is for most standard schools as some schools might not request for all this
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Josh4wod: 10:55am On Feb 17, 2018
tescoman90:

But is ssce required by the college
Yes it is!

Note: This is for most standard schools as some schools might not request for all this
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Naughtyvirgin(m): 11:52am On Feb 17, 2018
Thanks alot bro.. .God bless u plenty...

Josh4wod:

1) NO
2) You need a strong conviction (You may as well tender your reason since you're not going for the same degree you failed in.
3)Would have suggested that but you will be asked what you have been doing since you got through with High School.

1 Like

Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Naughtyvirgin(m): 11:55am On Feb 17, 2018
If my school wants to send my high school transcript , would they first send it to WES by mail or how dp they do this for evaluation to an American 4.0 scale or would the transcript be mailed officially to the school coz most schools I'm applying too requested for an official high school transcript?
@josh
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by comforter11: 1:26pm On Feb 17, 2018
Hello house,
I have asked this question but it’s seems I didn’t find a direct reply.
Please i need a quick advice about my interview, I have a petition with the united states immigration since 2006 and i have added my wife and daughter in 2013. Now i have applied for a non-immigrant visa for the family because i need to visit my parent after very many years of not seeing them ( my aged parents) especially my children. we all have a virgin passport, no travel history. Please what are the possible questions we might be asked and do you think we are doing the right thing considering petition?
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Abigalbee98(f): 2:02pm On Feb 17, 2018
anybody around oshodi to study together.. for SAT
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Josh4wod: 2:09pm On Feb 17, 2018
comforter11:
Hello house,
I have asked this question but it’s seems I didn’t find a direct reply.
Please i need a quick advice about my interview, I have a petition with the united states immigration since 2006 and i have added my wife and daughter in 2013. Now i have applied for a non-immigrant visa for the family because i need to visit my parent after very many years of not seeing them ( my aged parents) especially my children. we all have a virgin passport, no travel history. Please what are the possible questions we might be asked and do you think we are doing the right thing considering petition?
Cc: Twoods, Lagosismyhome and femi312
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Lala234: 2:17pm On Feb 17, 2018
Abigalbee98:
anybody around oshodi to study together.. for SAT
Anyone staying in Ilorin and will be sitting for the SAT exam?

Just quote me, don't pm me please
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Josh4wod: 9:21am On Feb 19, 2018
OVERALL TEST TACTICS:

Learn the section directions now. ...

Answer easy questions first. ...

Guess...if you can eliminate at least one choice.

You can write in the test book: cross out wrong answers; do scratch work.

Take care when filling in the answer grid for the student-produced response questions.
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Josh4wod: 9:41am On Feb 19, 2018
Mark only one answer per question.

Skip any question if you haven't the faintest idea about the answer. You don't lose points.

Understand the scoring! You get a point for a right answer. You lose a fractional point for a wrong answer. There is no deduction for omitted answers, or for wrong answers in the math section's student-produced response questions.

Keep checking that you are placing your answer in the correct section and number on the answer sheet.

Don't spend too much time on any one question. You should spend only seconds on the easiest questions, and hesitate to spend more than 1-2 minutes on even the hardest ones.

Practice, practice, practice!

Remember that the SAT consists of a series of small, timed, mini-tests. Keep track of the time you're allotted for each one and how much time remains.

Bring a watch to the test center. You can't be guaranteed that there'll be a working clock there.

Don't change an answer unless you're sure you made an error.

Read the words in the question carefully. Be sure to answer the question asked and not the question you recall from a practice test.

Know the Question Types to Expect on the SAT I: * 19 sentence completion * 40 reading comprehension * 35 math multiple-choices * 10 student-produced responses

Good Luck!!
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Lizzytiti: 9:14pm On Feb 24, 2018
I wrote SAT last year December. I would share my experience soon

2 Likes

Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Olalekank(m): 10:00pm On Feb 24, 2018
Lizzytiti:
What did you have?
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Josh4wod: 11:03pm On Feb 24, 2018
Lizzytiti:

Hello Lizzytiti
Thanks for your interest in sharing your experience, we will gladly await it!!
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Ladyjumong(f): 8:49pm On Feb 25, 2018
Josh4wod:
Cc: Twoods, Lagosismyhome and femi312
can i mail you ?
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Lizzytiti: 7:41pm On Feb 27, 2018
Sorry for the late reply guys. I'm not on nairaland and I'm only using my sister's account. To keep this thread alive, since it's the only current SAT thread, i will make it pretty long. OK here goes
After lots of lectures and studying, the day of my exam finally came. I was even reading the day before and only had about 5hrs sleep(a terrible thing to do). I got to the venue, checked in at 8:00 and took my seat. Since the exam didn't start till 10am, I used the opportunity to sleep and relax on my seat.
It was time for the first section i.e the reading section. I started with the two science passages: too easy, piece of cake as I spent 10 minutes each. I moved on to the literature passage and proceeded to answer the questions only to find myself staring blankly at the questions and asking myself: is this the question for another passage? I left it alone and answered the social studies and history passages, which were surprisingly not boring passages, although I spent about 15 minutes each answering these passages. Having just 10 minutes left, I went back to the literature passage and tried to skim it quickly and answered some if its questions. Just then, the invigilator announced: 5minutes left. wow, turned out he took 2minutes out of the 65 minutes. I quickly dotted the answers (which I would shade well later on) and finished answering the literature passage.
Time up, 10 minutes break. I refreshed my mind and was ready to continue. I finished the writing section with about 3 minutes left, only for the invigilator to realize that he made an error in timing and added 6 minutes, totalling 35 minutes( standard time for that section). With 9 minutes left, I crosschecked my answers and shaded the reading section answers well.
The maths section was easy. since I was good at maths, I finished the two sections with about 8 minutes left. Exam fever began to set in towards the end of my maths section, as I literarily began to feel sick. I moved on to the essay tired and exhausted(sick).
I finished the exam, greeted my friends and went home. I was Ill throughout the rest of the day, having a high temperature and a terrible headache. I was fine the next day.
2 weeks later, my score was out. Maths:750, Verbal: 690, totalling 1440 out 1600. Essay:19/24. and that was my exam experience. Thanks for reading. I need to return my sister's phone.

6 Likes

Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by lyrondee: 8:01pm On Feb 27, 2018
Lizzytiti:
Sorry for the late reply guys. I'm not on nairaland and I'm only using my sister's account. To keep this thread alive, since it's the only current SAT thread, i will make it pretty long. OK here goes
After lots of lectures and studying, the day of my exam finally came. I was even reading the day before and only had about 5hrs sleep(a terrible thing to do). I got to the venue, checked in at 8:00 and took my seat. Since the exam didn't start till 10am, I used the opportunity to sleep and relax on my seat.
It was time for the first section i.e the reading section. I started with the two science passages: too easy, piece of cake as I spent 10 minutes each. I moved on to the literature passage and proceeded to answer the questions only to find myself staring blankly at the questions and asking myself: is this the question for another passage? I left it alone and answered the social studies and history passages, which were surprisingly not boring passages, although I spent about 15 minutes each answering these passages. Having just 10 minutes left, I went back to the literature passage and tried to skim it quickly and answered some if its questions. Just then, the invigilator announced: 5minutes left. wow, turned out he took 2minutes out of the 65 minutes. I quickly dotted the answers (which I would shade well later on) and finished answering the literature passage.
Time up, 10 minutes break. I refreshed my mind and was ready to continue. I finished the writing section with about 3 minutes left, only for the invigilator to realize that he made an error in timing and added 6 minutes, totalling 35 minutes( standard time for that section). With 9 minutes left, I crosschecked my answers and shaded the reading section answers well.
The maths section was easy. since I was good at maths, I finished the two sections with about 8 minutes left. Exam fever began to set in towards the end of my maths section, as I literarily began to feel sick. I moved on to the essay tired and exhausted(sick).
I finished the exam, greeted my friends and went home. I was Ill throughout the rest of the day, having a high temperature and a terrible headache. I was fine the next day.
2 weeks later, my score was out. Maths:750, Verbal: 690, totalling 1440 out 1600. Essay:19/24. and that was my exam experience. Thanks for reading. I need to return my sister's phone.
Hello dear....
1. Was it the subject SAT U wrote? i thought SAT is basically just english and maths? different sections
2. For how long did you take the lessons for the exam?

Hope U dont mind my much questions

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Operation Panther: FRSC Records 1,975 Arrests In 11 Days / Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa / Businessmen Going To Market Involved In Accident In Yobe, 1 Dead, 18 Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.