Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,399 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Let's Blast The Sat Test!! - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Let's Blast The Sat Test!! (14166 Views)

Oyo Govt Urge Residents Around Blast Site To Leave Homes, Check Into Hotels / After 3 Months Of Lockdown, See How People Sat Inside A Plane In Nigeria! / Its Funny How I Got 1440 In My SAT And No Money For Application Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by kindmman(m): 11:01pm On Aug 17, 2018
Is there age limits to writing SAT?
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by RoastedCorn(m): 11:53am On Aug 23, 2018
I'd be writing SAT this October. I've not started preparing like that though but I want to now
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Olalekank(m): 5:29pm On Aug 23, 2018
RoastedCorn:
I'd be writing SAT this October. I've not started preparing like that though but I want to now
Good thing you've started thinking of preparing!

Get a bulk of SAT materials -> /SATdr

Get a study plan and study veraciously to achieve a high score. 1600/1600 is quite possible and also start listing the schools you want and intend to apply to. Good luck and all the best.
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by RoastedCorn(m): 8:38pm On Aug 23, 2018
Olalekank:

Good thing you've started thinking of preparing!

Get a bulk of SAT materials -> /SATdr

Get a study plan and study veraciously to achieve a high score. 1600/1600 is quite possible and also start listing the schools you want and intend to apply to. Good luck and all the best.
I've done all this, I even applied myself. It costs 31650
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by RoastedCorn(m): 8:40pm On Aug 23, 2018
Its just to start reading that's the problem. The girl that got 1440 what materials did you use to prepare?
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Olalekank(m): 9:17pm On Aug 23, 2018
RoastedCorn:
Its just to start reading that's the problem. The girl that got 1440 what materials did you use to prepare?
It's been a while she came on here. Just read and practice and practice.

It's just basic maths and English.

The link is b i t . ly / SATdr

Remove spaces between the texts.
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by JohnnyAmhan: 4:00pm On Sep 09, 2018
Hey guys, My SAT reg passport photo is with Green Background, what do you think about this?
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by ibisola177: 4:01pm On Sep 09, 2018
What does the SAT test?There are two SAT sections: Math, Evidence-Based Reading and Writing, plus an optional Essay. The Essay results are reported separately. Start to finish, the test will take you three hours and 50 minutes as I said earlierg

Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 14, 2018
Josh4wood, the drive requires permission
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Best201195(m): 7:33pm On Oct 15, 2018
Who is taking the SAT , December date in Ibadan ?
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by OCHERAY(m): 7:48am On Oct 16, 2018
who is writing this december...ilorin center?
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by JohnnyAmhan: 10:53pm On Oct 19, 2018
Pls has anyone here who wrote the Oct SAT seen his or her score yet?
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by lyrondee: 10:35pm On Oct 23, 2018
JohnnyAmhan:
Pls has anyone here who wrote the Oct SAT seen his or her score yet?
yeah... did you take it too?
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Garcon2019: 9:39pm On Oct 25, 2018
Good evening guys,
Please let's create a whatsapp group
For the SAT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Garcon2019: 9:41pm On Oct 25, 2018
Lyrondee please are you on what'sapp

If yes, please send me your whatsapp number
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by JohnnyAmhan: 7:21am On Oct 26, 2018
lyrondee:

yeah... did you take it too?

Yeah, I did...
How was yours?
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Garcon2019: 4:47pm On Oct 26, 2018
Good evening guys

You can now join the whatsapp group
Let's share ideas

Let's blast the SAT

https:///DbWngYO8JUK3244ScSXp7f
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Garcon2019: 4:49pm On Oct 26, 2018
Or you can Pm me via whatsapp to add you
up

Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Garcon2019: 5:59pm On Oct 26, 2018
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by lyrondee: 1:37am On Oct 27, 2018
JohnnyAmhan:

Yeah, I did...
How was yours?
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by lyrondee: 1:37am On Oct 27, 2018
JohnnyAmhan:

Yeah, I did... How was yours?
Good...WB yours?
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by JohnnyAmhan: 1:20pm On Oct 27, 2018
lyrondee:

Good...WB yours?

Thank God,
What was your score?
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Mimi98: 4:15pm On Feb 21, 2019
taking the SAT this march 9 but there is election on that day. What will I do?

1 Like

Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Abu23Rahman: 10:56am On Feb 27, 2019
I'm also writing March 9, but due to the election it has bn postpone... according to some source college board are deliberatin on it because it affected only Nigeria candidate... may be March 23 ....anyone in Lagos Island and axis.... let's prepare together. 08092832019
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by satpreptutor(m): 2:05pm On Feb 27, 2019
Call Teacher Femi (DeProf) of Be-Noble Home School, Lagos whenever you are in need of a prep tutor for any foreign or local exam such as SAT, ACT, TOEFL, IELTS, IGCSE, PSAT, GMAT, GRE, UTME, SSCE(WAEC/NECO), BECE, Common Entrance exams into various secondary schools in Nigeria, etc.

Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 07, 2019
Mimi98:
taking the SAT this march 9 but there is election on that day. What will I do?

CollegeBoard just mailed now saying they will schedule a make up test for anoder date..maybe 23rd

Are U in Lagos...if yes chat me up on whatsApp 08090600531 so we can study together. i have some quality materials to use
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Nobody: 4:24am On Mar 09, 2019
moscharito:

CollegeBoard just mailed now saying they will schedule a make up test for anoder date..maybe 23rd

Are U in Lagos...if yes chat me up on whatsApp 08090600531 so we can study together. i have some quality materials to use
Please ,kindly share some of your quality SAT materials with us.
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 19, 2019
Let's keep this thread alive.
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Felix060701: 2:44am On Oct 14, 2019
Please is anybody writing 2019 December SAT?
Watsapp me lets prepare together. 07080838003
Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by UcheUSA: 6:18pm On Dec 21, 2019
Hi All.

I thought I'd offer my services to my university-bound Naija family who are trying to pass the SAT or ACT and get into one of our universities in the US. I've been tutoring both exams for over 20 years. Although I live and teach in the US, I also have many students I work with online. I just received a text from one of my students who started out with a 1170. On his recent exam, he received a 1480 and has since been accepted into Princeton University, his dream school. Yes, you need to know the basics when it comes to doing well on both exams, but knowing the Math and comprehending what you read is not the key. The key is knowing HOW to answer the questions. If you haven't taken a real practice SAT (and I'm not talking about the PSAT), then you need to take one. College Board has free practice SAT exams on their website. College Board is the company that creates each SAT exam.

Yes, it is very possible to get a 1600, but it's not easy. I teach the SAT for one of the leading test prep companies in the US. Some of you may be practicing with their books. I can tell you what people here say about the other companies...but let me put it this way...I've tutored students who have come from courses they spend at least $1,000 (that's USD) on who have not seen any real increases in their scores...Kaplan, Barron...just watch where you put your money.

I was supposed to come to Nigeria next week to spend time with my family, but I have an internship I can't take time away from right now. I'll definitely come next year, but for now...if you're interested in working with me, send me a message. I'll be following this topic. Oh, and I only work through Skype when I tutor, so if you can't work with Skype, it'll either be on the phone or not at all, unfortunately. I currently am tutoring 4 in-person, one-on-one students and teaching two classes of 42 total students here who are preparing for the March SAT. I am also working with 3 online students from China and Japan through an tutoring company. More students choose to take the SAT here. The ACT is a bit different when it comes to the questions and the way you have to approach it. I've only taught 16 students take the ACT this year and 13 of them were in a group course.

So, for everyone preparing for the SAT or ACT...the best advice I can give you is to review the explanations. The same types of questions are asked on each SAT, so if you can understand why the answers where were chosen in the Reading and Writing and Language sections and how the answers come about in the Math sections, then the exam will come easier to you. The same thing goes with ACT, but as far as the Science section...you don't need to know any science to get a perfect score on that section. I teach it, so I know.

One more thing... just so you know, SAT does not stand for Scholastic Aptitude Test nor does it stand for Scholastic Assessment Test. You will NEVER see new material or manuals that are legitimate say this. If you do, you might want to question how current the material actually is.

If you have questions about a certain topic or a specific question, please don't hesitate to ask. And that's that.

Have a wonderful Holiday...and Happy 2020.

Uche
:-)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Blast The Sat Test!! by Micholo5(m): 10:33pm On Jan 20, 2020
**Undergraduate** Can one secure a full scholarship with a SAT Score of 1400 and above?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Operation Panther: FRSC Records 1,975 Arrests In 11 Days / Japa: Mind In The West, Body In Africa / Businessmen Going To Market Involved In Accident In Yobe, 1 Dead, 18 Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.