Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded (17885 Views)

Lagos To Reintroduce Monthly Sanitation, Movement Restriction / FG To Reintroduce Tolls On Federal Highways / FG To Reintroduce Bicycle Riding In Abuja - Rotimi Amaechi Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Akinz0126(m): 8:40am On Nov 24, 2017
so far na 9ja thou na betta plan but U and I knows better
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Shaw007(m): 8:42am On Nov 24, 2017
toll gates nationwide, hehehe . . . Won ni fe te.
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by HermesParis: 8:42am On Nov 24, 2017
Why is this govt so HEARTLESS and insensitive to the plight of the masses

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by izombie(m): 8:45am On Nov 24, 2017
progress69:

Wetin u sabi..
Go abroad, u go see tolls u go tire...
The difference is just that u may not see a physical structure everywhere just some places but one small scanner dey debit ur acct as u pass..God help u, u nkr know say na tolled road and no get the pass, dem.go snapnur plate, u go see ur bill house..no pay am and see how money dey grow for ur neck.
Thank God you said abroad. In south africa i am always happy to pay for toll gates because the roads are smooth sailing. But in nigeria the roads are not there.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by haywire07(m): 8:45am On Nov 24, 2017
This is fuckery .

I stand to be corrected but why do we pay tax ?
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Nukilia: 8:49am On Nov 24, 2017
haywire07:
This is fuckery .

I stand to be corrected but why do we pay tax ?

The government should tell Nigerians where they kept all the money recovered from looters and the money that has accrued to the oil tax which was increased for demolition of toll gates. These generation of leaders are BASTARDS!

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by ipobarecriminals: 8:50am On Nov 24, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
I weak for that team embarassed
make Mukina2 catch u.
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by 2undeajigs: 8:53am On Nov 24, 2017
Nah wah for this country ooo.
Them no give people work , Them no pay people salaries,
Them no create condusive atmosphere for foreign investors to come invest and employ the increasing amount of graduates.
Them no invest for proper electricity to make runing business cheaper for citizens .
Nah for them to just dey find all means to milk us dry for non existent fairytale infrastructure.

Shey the toll fare wey police they collect everyday for checkpoint never do ?

Minister fashola, i know you mean well, but let solve one problem at a time. Focus your energy on doubling the current Megawatts we generate.
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Buhari4Hunger: 8:55am On Nov 24, 2017
Buhari thanks for these leaders you choose for us. They have really reset our brains and we can now think well.. grin grin grin
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Mobuoy19: 8:56am On Nov 24, 2017
Konquest:

^^^^^^
^^^^^^

It's a positive move but a toll gate
like the one at the boundary between
Lagos and Ogun states MUST NOT
be sited there because fatal truck accidents have been occurring there
as a result of the relatively sloppy and
narrow
nature of that part of Lagos-Abeokuta
expressway. Break failures are also
a factor in those multiple road accidents
at the tollgate.

I read in the media from time to time
about the several deaths at the so-called
old toll gate, then you can imagine
what would happen when tolling is
returned.

It should be sited deep into Ogun State
where there is enough space after the
Sona Breweries.

Raji Fasola should make SURE that DEEP
drainages are constructed along badly damaged
expressways such as Lagos-Abeokuta,
Calabar-Itu, Ilorin-Kiama, etc.

The lack of DRAINAGES has led to the
repeated collapse of those roads even
after patching in previous years!
Mr. Raji Fasola must do this in
addition to the reintroduction of
digitally-certified tollgates to avoid
embezzlement by tollway money collectors.

You are the real MVP man... I can testify to the fact that a major part of the Lagos- Abeokuta Expressway lacks drainage talk less of it being deep. It'd be nice if it's looked into

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by nemynely(m): 8:58am On Nov 24, 2017
Fashola and his elitist moves. Come to think of it, what really has this APC/CHANGE govt done for us tangibly? All they know is how to take from us and subject us to all sorts of inconveniences. I blame Nigerians and myself as well for the hypnotic docility! I recall vividly the reason these bulwarks were demolished in the first place - a certain percentage is to be deducted per litre of petrol/diesel purchased by vehicle owners, made sense at the time whilst easing movement and curtailing spate of accidents and armed robberies. I don't know if that policy is still in effect - superman elitist minister owes us that much before embarking on this wasteful venture of erecting, not 1,2,3 but 38 concrete pay points which ,to make matters worse, would be concessioned to private companies! Did I hear u say APC CROONIES?

4 Likes

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by anytexy: 8:59am On Nov 24, 2017
Okay, but do road before toll gate ooo. The case should not be the reverse.
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by drololaaof: 9:01am On Nov 24, 2017
Fashola has come again oh with increase tariff on electricity bill without prepaid meter and poor supply,do not forget that when the toll gates were scrapped it was replaced with increase in petrol pump price then ,do not forget to remove that now and the toll gates must electronic otherwise you are creating multimillionaire toll collectors.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Ewedegubbler: 9:03am On Nov 24, 2017
Haba APC

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 24, 2017
Confused people........
Next day, another RULER will take them off
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by mapet: 9:05am On Nov 24, 2017
izombie:
Thank God you said abroad. In south africa i am always happy to pay for toll gates because the roads are smooth sailing. But in nigeria the roads are not there.

You pay tolls in South Africa, yet don't want to pay toll in Nigeria? Are you all right at all? or did you miss the part where Fashola said tolls will be put in new roads?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Blaqklintin: 9:07am On Nov 24, 2017
OBJ made d biggest mistake of his tenure, by demolishing toll gate then...(he used our money to prosecute d plan)...now diz govt will use our money again to build new once...am in favor of diz new toll gate but my problem is can diz new Toll gate be as strong as d old once..(d old once despite trailer,cars, etc bashing it's till strong)....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by sureheaven(m): 9:07am On Nov 24, 2017
In order to generate money to fund the budget again right Useless government of back and forth and trial by error. No consistency in government policies

Didn't u read the part where he said the money generated will be used to maintain the road?

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:08am On Nov 24, 2017
Nukilia:

The government should tell Nigerians where they kept all the money recovered from looters and the money that has accrued to the oil tax which was increased for demolition of toll gates. These generation of leaders are BASTARDS!

The first post to hit the nail on the head.
There is a fuel tax that is supposed to be used for road repair. Will that be rescinded ? Reintroducing toll gates will amount to double taxation

5 Likes

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by mikeapollo: 9:10am On Nov 24, 2017
Nonsense.
A useless and clueless minister. An extortionist. Coming to extort more for his cronies and family.
That is all he knows how to do....using every little opportunity to extort money from poor citizens.
This is the man that turned waste collection into money extortion scam in Lagos. Same scam going on at the Lekki Tollgate.
Now as minister for Power he has increased electricity tariffs more than twice and now he is going to extort more money from people using tolls on federal roads.

Only in a silly country like Nigeria would someone like this be eulogized or praised! Mediocrity!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Jerrypolo(m): 9:11am On Nov 24, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
I never knew that Arsenal FC were this useless until 23-11-2017

How can you include a team that has already qualified win, draw or lose in your bet ticket?.

Have you also forgot? This is November (One of Arsenal' injury periods) so naturally, Wenger was going to pick a second string team and that was exactly what he did.

Match analysing would do most of you punters good.

NB: And don't tell me you're just talking as a fan cos no true Arsenal fan expected anything yesternight.
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Grace001: 9:13am On Nov 24, 2017
Failed entity called NIGERIA, a country built on fraud and lies what do you expect? Always retrogressing.
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by jamexborn(m): 9:14am On Nov 24, 2017
Free country my foot
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Smooyis(m): 9:14am On Nov 24, 2017
Blue3k:
The roads better be good. I want electronic tolls if when it comes and non tolled section. An example in Texas would be TX-360 and President George Bush Turnpike.

How does it work
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Goke7: 9:16am On Nov 24, 2017
fashola and toll gate be Siamese twins, learnt he actually wanted to put toll gate on the new ikorodu road he constructed as governor but folks kicked against it, reason the spaces meant for flowers are wider than the lanes vehicles will pass to punish road users for not allowing his planned toll gate

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by thunder74(m): 9:17am On Nov 24, 2017
He did it in Lagos, he can do it again. More money for the grab. Awon ole radarada.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 24, 2017
Ride on!
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by opomulero101(m): 9:19am On Nov 24, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
I never knew that Arsenal FC were this useless until 23-11-2017

sorry,i feel ur pain biko!!!
them don cast ur ticket.
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by morereb10: 9:19am On Nov 24, 2017
40kobo77:
I did not read the story.

But I know surely, it can never be well with Nnamdi Kanu anywhere he is hiding.

So he wants to build toll gates every where in the East?can you imagine?is Kanu mad?who does he think he is?

I mean for this recession?Mad man that Kanu.

Buhari should do something about Nnamdi Kanu please.

Let me go drink my medicine brb.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

u no go kill me oooo

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Blackops(m): 9:22am On Nov 24, 2017
who are they kidding? this is petty thinking. how would you say another means of IGR is toll gates when there are hundreds of means of getting revenue to fill the coffers. if we keep thinking as if we are still in the early days of post colonial era we will never progress. and talking from a government that lacks accountability. Fashola sef dey fall my hand.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by ewebiodun: 9:23am On Nov 24, 2017
Whatever, as long as we have good roads. We are enjoying consistent availability of fuel because of partial deregulation by paying more soi don't see why this should not be encouraged as long as it guarantees good roads. Lekki, Lagos is a good example

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rivers APC Group Joins ‘oshiomhole Must Go’ Crusade / PDP Committee On Emergence Of Elumelu As Minority Leader Most Corrupt; Wike / Gunmen Attack Ini Police Station In Akwa Ibom, Kill A Police Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.