Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,887 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded (17889 Views)

Lagos To Reintroduce Monthly Sanitation, Movement Restriction / FG To Reintroduce Tolls On Federal Highways / FG To Reintroduce Bicycle Riding In Abuja - Rotimi Amaechi Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by DonBenny77(m): 2:27pm On Nov 24, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
258k. Arsenal is very useless, common x2 is very hard for them to get. Staked 5k

Sorry bro I feel your pain
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by goodnews777: 2:42pm On Nov 24, 2017
Fashola is a hypocrite always hiding under fake personality assessment . Truth iis that he is against the masses and is massively corrupt. Western devil.
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by progress69: 3:00pm On Nov 24, 2017
izombie:
Thank God you said abroad. In south africa i am always happy to pay for toll gates because the roads are smooth sailing. But in nigeria the roads are not there.
But u just read that the tolls will be put in place after the roads have been fixed. Abi?
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Moganajoe: 3:15pm On Nov 24, 2017
Paperwhite:
In order to generate money to fund the budget again right Useless government of back and forth and trial by error. No consistency in government policies.

If the government must reintroduce toll gate they must reduce the price of Premium motor spirit (PMS) because that is the reason why OBJ increases the price of PMS in 2004.

Toll gates was abused and mismanaged. This prompted OBJ to scrapped and introduced it in fuel-tax at N1.50K. Here we are again! Truly truly na back n front govt bi this

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Smooyis(m): 3:22pm On Nov 24, 2017
Blue3k:

The toll scan licence plate and bills you. The company with send letter to your house after a month at most saying what you owe. You pay online or over phone.

Toll companies offer discount rates for people who buy their tag. You pay with same methods. When you run low they send email.

And you think Nigerian society is ready for all this. I think it's way too complex.
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 3:28pm On Nov 24, 2017
I trust you, Fashola, as you never do anything to alleviate the sufferings of the poor but to add to it. I knew that as long as you are incharge, it's only a matter of time before you come up with this.

Your first proposal as minister was increase in electricity tarriff.
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by loomer: 4:02pm On Nov 24, 2017
Make Una come put toll gate for our street
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by refreshrate: 4:04pm On Nov 24, 2017
olatade:
Then, the tax that replaced the toll gate must be removed. OBj swapped the toll gate for a broad tax on all of us

The most sensible post here

...this one and every other one here that has cursed fashola and his family actually!

God bless you all...and I honestly pray with you that some heavy calamity falls upon fashola and his family. A real heavy calamity for being an olori buruku somebody
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by oscarline2002: 4:41pm On Nov 24, 2017
ivandragon:
in 2012/2013, the administration proposed the same thing & explained that would be the best way to manage key roads... some imbeciles kicked against it... now they see its the way forward...

in 2011/2012, the administration exposed the fraud in fuel supply & sought to curb it by fully deregulating the sector which would have encouraged investors to build refineries... some imbeciles kicked against it & said there was money to pay subsidy... today we have gone that route because it was the way forward...

in 2013/2014, the administration argued that the demands of the educational institutions could not be met & there was a need to renegotiate... imbeciles abused the government & egged the institutions to embark on long strikes... today those imbeciles are castigating the academic unions for being unreasonable...

yet some people called the other administration clueless... they ensured Nigeria would not progress just to achieve their selfish aims...

if we had all agreed to some of the ideas & efforts of the past administration, we would have been at a more advantageous position & far better off than we are today...

lesson:

progress must come before dumb politicking...

Where are the Technocrats in this administration to manned critical agencies ? You can't toll when you don't have a road authority. The Road Authority bill is lying in the table of the president for his accent but rather concentrating on bills that does not affect the entirety of the nation like North East Development Commmission (NEDC) bill which has no impact on the country but just a section of the country. This govt is sentimental in its dealings!
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by ivandragon: 5:02pm On Nov 24, 2017
oscarline2002:

Where are the Technocrats in this administration to manned critical agencies ? You can't toll when you don't have a road authority. The Road Authority bill is lying in the table of the president for his accent but rather concentrating on bills that does not affect the entirety of the nation like North East Development Commmission (NEDC) bill which has no impact on the country but just a section of the country. This govt is sentimental in its dealings!

that's why it should have been allowed to stand in the past.

the required technocrats will never emerge if the need for them is not created...

its just like the power sector... despite its issues & question marks, it will get better.

more educational institutions are fine tunning their curriculum on engineering (EEE) to meet the challenges of the power sector...

necessity will always encourage growth & innovation...

that it was blindly rejected then does not mean it should be opposed now...
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by adeolakemi: 5:33pm On Nov 24, 2017
progress69:

Wetin u sabi..
Go abroad, u go see tolls u go tire...
The difference is just that u may not see a physical structure everywhere just some places but one small scanner dey debit ur acct as u pass..God help u, u nkr know say na tolled road and no get the pass, dem.go snapnur plate, u go see ur bill house..no pay am and see how money dey grow for ur neck.
so the toll money will be used to maintain the road like can you bet your life that the money realised will be used to maintain the so called roads
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by omohayek: 8:15pm On Nov 24, 2017
mapet:

You pay tolls in South Africa, yet don't want to pay toll in Nigeria? Are you all right at all? or did you miss the part where Fashola said tolls will be put in new roads?
It's the same old Nigerian "awuff" mentality at work. Nigerians love to complain that things don't work, but whenever it's pointed out that the reason they don't work is because the funds aren't there to keep things functioning, they then switch to claiming they'll only be ready to pay up as soon as things start working, without ever asking themselves where they expect the funds to bring this wonderful state about will come from.

Of course, if, say, a new investor (or a new administration) comes in and raise the money to get the facilities back in order, you can be sure the same people who were formerly saying they would readily pay once things start working will now switch to moaning about the "wicked" and "greedy" so and so allegedly exploiting "suffering Nigerians"!

The bottom line is that decades of oil money have accustomed Nigerians to getting things for "free", and while that worked somewhat in the 1970s, even with the rampant corruption and incompetence of the times, the incentive and funding problems this created are why nothing run by Nigerian governments ever stays in full working order for long. Most Nigerians prefer "free" but near-worthless infrastructure and services to paying realistic prices for things of real quality and dependability.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by izombie(m): 8:17pm On Nov 24, 2017
progress69:

But u just read that the tolls will be put in place after the roads have been fixed. Abi?
we all know that even if they manage to fix to roads and then put the toll gates, they will just abandon the road without maintenance. Five years later the roads will become a mess but the toll gate will remain and we'll still be paying it.
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by progress69: 11:14pm On Nov 24, 2017
izombie:
we all know that even if they manage to fix to roads and then put the toll gates, they will just abandon the road without maintenance. Five years later the roads will become a mess but the toll gate will remain and we'll still be paying it.
I dont know what u know. ..i am not a party to what u know. When I see the roads are not attended to after tolling then i can complain, for now...i have not idea what u talking about
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Ugbavihi: 12:10am On Nov 25, 2017
People are crying of poverty, you are still looking for ways of draining them and making them more poorer..
Toll gates should be for private car owners, let it not be for commercial bus owners, because i'm very sure commercial transit will be charging we the poor masses more for transit, just because of this toll gate thing...
Politicians please pity for us ooo
politicians have mercy on us oo na beg we dey beg ooo
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by ststyreal(f): 12:59am On Nov 25, 2017
mrvitalis:

Do you have any other ideas to give us consistant good Road in this country apart from taxing car owners and toll gate ?
So all the tax money isn't enough to maintain our roads right??
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by mrvitalis(m): 4:04am On Nov 25, 2017
ststyreal:

So all the tax money isn't enough to maintain our roads right??
How much is the tax money ?
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by chngebeginwthme: 6:40am On Nov 25, 2017
Paperwhite:
In order to generate money to fund the budget again right Useless government of back and forth and trial by error. No consistency in government policies.

Sorry who does this to you?
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by chngebeginwthme: 6:41am On Nov 25, 2017
Damoxy:
Am I the only person tired of this Administration?

Make use of the lagoon..
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Kbanka: 12:02pm On Nov 25, 2017
CaptainJeffry:
When I said that Fashola was overrated, some people called me names. I hope they now enjoy his elitist style of leadership. Government of the rich by the rich and for the rich. cheesy

Bros calm down. We are alreadi spending more on the bad roads. If they fix the road, we'll be paying less for fuel, tyres, rims, brakepads and discs, and other panelbeater worries. This will favour the poor.
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by mapet: 7:21am On Nov 27, 2017
izombie:
yes i am happy to pay in south africa because you actually see that your toll money is used very well. The roads are built to last a decade or even more and they are constantly maintained. I've actually asked some construction workers why they were working on a road that did not even have one pot hole and he told me that it was time to reconstruct. In our naija its different. New road you said. We all know that the only thing fashola and co will do on a 100km road is to tar about 5 km to the toll gate and 5km after the toll gate. If our roads become like south african roads i will be more than happy to pay toll fees.

I'm curious, what do you do in South Africa? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Bans Military Checkpoints In Apapa, Outlaws Nine Illegal Checkpoints / NNPC GMD Awards Control Of Nigeria’s Pipelines To Northern Oil ‘Cabal’ - Gazette / 45 Passengers Kidnapped As Gunmen Attack Transporters Along Otukpo-Enugu Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.