Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,398 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded (17881 Views)

Lagos To Reintroduce Monthly Sanitation, Movement Restriction / FG To Reintroduce Tolls On Federal Highways / FG To Reintroduce Bicycle Riding In Abuja - Rotimi Amaechi Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by CharlieMaria(m): 9:24am On Nov 24, 2017
40kobo77:
I did not read the story.

But I know surely, it can never be well with Nnamdi Kanu anywhere he is hiding.

So he wants to build toll gates every where in the East?can you imagine?is Kanu mad?who does he think he is?

I mean for this recession?Mad man that Kanu.

Buhari should do something about Nnamdi Kanu please.

Let me go drink my medicine brb.
You really need the medicine Bro.... I never your sickness is this serious...Lol. I have been laughing here since at your comment grin

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by DonBenny77(m): 9:37am On Nov 24, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
I never knew that Arsenal FC were this useless until 23-11-2017

How much dey d sleep wet cut
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:51am On Nov 24, 2017
DonBenny77:

How much dey d sleep wet cut
258k. Arsenal is very useless, common x2 is very hard for them to get. Staked 5k
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by BruncleZuma: 9:56am On Nov 24, 2017
progress69:

Wetin u sabi..
Go abroad, u go see tolls u go tire...
The difference is just that u may not see a physical structure everywhere just some places but one small scanner dey debit ur acct as u pass..God help u, u nkr know say na tolled road and no get the pass, dem.go snapnur plate, u go see ur bill house..no pay am and see how money dey grow for ur neck.

Which abroad I no see anyone for Dubai or Doha?
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:57am On Nov 24, 2017
opomulero101:

sorry,i feel ur pain biko!!!
them don cast ur ticket.
Arsene Wenger, Arsenal FC, the BoD, Emirates all of them are mad. I've planned what to do with 258k, just ordinary X2 wey no hard to get cry cry
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:59am On Nov 24, 2017
Jerrypolo:

How can you include a team that has already qualified win, draw or lose in your bet ticket?.

Have you also forgot? This is November (One of Arsenal' injury periods) so naturally, Wenger was going to pick a second string team and that was exactly what he did.

Match analysing would do most of you punters good.

NB: And don't tell me you're just talking as a fan cos no true Arsenal fan expected anything yesternight.
ain't a fan bro, just ordinary x2 is what I needed from them but they decided to disgrace themselves not me cry
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:01am On Nov 24, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
make Mukina2 catch u.
No nah, e neva reach that level
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Dollabiz: 10:01am On Nov 24, 2017
Oh
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Adakintroy: 10:02am On Nov 24, 2017
ivandragon:
in 2012/2013, the administration proposed the same thing & explained that would be the best way to manage key roads... some imbeciles kicked against it... now they see its the way forward...

in 2011/2012, the administration exposed the fraud in fuel supply & sought to curb it by fully deregulating the sector which would have encouraged investors to build refineries... some imbeciles kicked against it & said there was money to pay subsidy... today we have gone that route because it was the way forward...

in 2013/2014, the administration argued that the demands of the educational institutions could not be met & there was a need to renegotiate... imbeciles abused the government & egged the institutions to embark on long strikes... today those imbeciles are castigating the academic unions for being unreasonable...

yet some people called the other administration clueless... they ensured Nigeria would not progress just to achieve their selfish aims...

if we had all agreed to some of the ideas & efforts of the past administration, we would have been at a more advantageous position & far better off than we are today...

lesson:

progress must come before dumb politicking...

I hear you man of God!: you are hundred percent right.

Tell them.

Permitted me to contribute here. For me it's was ethnicity that was our biggest undoing. Some people just couldn't bear the site of saying yes of oga to a people they have rule over for half a century. Humans will always be petty. If I were to come out, I will be bold enough to say that that administration was by far the best we've had since independence. Best assemble cast by a long shot.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Jerrypolo(m): 10:11am On Nov 24, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
ain't a fan bro, just ordinary x2 is what I needed from them but they decided to disgrace themselves not me cry

Next time, do your match day analysis well.

Accept my sympathy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Deo1986(m): 10:11am On Nov 24, 2017
olatade:
Then, the tax that replaced the toll gate must be removed. OBj swapped the toll gate for a broad tax on all of us
Nah, that's aunty Kemi's department. She ain't gonna joke with her TAX.
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Mariangeles(f): 10:14am On Nov 24, 2017
That's what Fashola knows how to do best...to make life harder for the citizens.
Wicked Man!
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by GeleFanzgore: 10:15am On Nov 24, 2017
40kobo77:

So he wants to build toll gates every where in the East?can you imagine?is Kanu mad?who does he think he is?

Yeye Boi. Medicin don finish ooo

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by omoranmilowo: 10:32am On Nov 24, 2017
WHY FASHOLA WITH THE ECONOMY HARDSHIP IN OUR NATION? WHERE SOME PEOPLE CAN NOT AFFORD FUEL IN THEIR MOTOR. THINK TWICE FOR THE SAKE OF POPULACE
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Blue3k(m): 10:34am On Nov 24, 2017
mapet:

You pay tolls in South Africa, yet don't want to pay toll in Nigeria? Are you all right at all? or did you miss the part where Fashola said tolls will be put in new roads?

Lol clowns don't read past headline.
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Blue3k(m): 10:40am On Nov 24, 2017
Smooyis:

How does it work

The toll scan licence plate and bills you. The company with send letter to your house after a month at most saying what you owe. You pay online or over phone.

Toll companies offer discount rates for people who buy their tag. You pay with same methods. When you run low they send email.
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by PHILipu1(m): 11:12am On Nov 24, 2017
EmeeNaka:
Those that opposed this idea during GEJ time will now keep quiet. They will act as if they didn't see this.
The difference between Buhari and Jonathan government is that most Nigerians didn't trust Jonathan and his gang of thieves.

How many refineries did they build with the half fuel subsidy before they were voted out?

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by naija2(f): 11:12am On Nov 24, 2017
It is a good plan as that’s what most developed countries do. Before you can enter Dubai via Sharjah, u have to pay toll bill but theirs is just electronically done. Hope the money is used wisely
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by naija2(f): 11:13am On Nov 24, 2017
BruncleZuma:

Which abroad I no see anyone for Dubai or Doha?
There is one in Dubai on ur way to Sharjah. It is an electronic toll.
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by BruncleZuma: 11:15am On Nov 24, 2017
naija2:

There is one in Dubai on ur way to Sharjah. It is an electronic toll.

But it's not spread the whole of UAE. Name another one.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 24, 2017
That is called taking another one for the road That is called taking another one for the road That is called taking another one for the road
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Maximus85(m): 11:55am On Nov 24, 2017
Islie:

https://www.thecable.ng/fg-introduce-toll-gates-highways-says-fashola

Another way to steal our money. Billions will go into the construction while millions of graduates are roaming this streets jobless and hopeless.
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 24, 2017
Hehehe, just because they have seen how much lagos toll gate generated, they now want to build toll gates all over the country. Useless myopic set of homo sapiens.

What will happen if federal government reinstates our mobile telecommunication system, see how much mtn and others have made in nigeria so far, what happens if federal government rebuilds it and make it more affordable for nigerians to use in a bit to generate revenue and create employment.

What happens if federal government picks about 50 youths and sent them to china, usa or japan to learn automobile engineering in practical, so that once they return the government will build a classic automobile company to produce cars, they can even create a monopoly to the purchase of cars in order for people to buy and use it.

The last time i checked, i cant recall having seen a floor mill company in nigeria, that company is supposed to be virtually in all the states in nigeria as that will bring the prices of floor down, create more employment for bakers and workers in the company, create employment for farmers who would go into cultivation of millets,

I can go on and on to count but no, the political instability in nigeria and tribal issues will never allow nigeria to develop talk more of wickedness, they never think of a service to generate income, they only want to extort, last i checked nigerians pay indirect taxation which building roads and other infrastructure is still part of, we still got to removal of subsidy, which is the responsibility of FG to subsidize oil for the citizens but they still didnt live up to that, now toll fees, oh lawd, why am i here.

Is it from the toll gates that graduates will gain employment? What about minimum wage still at 19800 and some states cant even pay them, see how federal uni's increased school fees this time, how then will a civil servant who is paid 30k a month save money to marry, build a house, and send his kid to a federal university with tuition of about 100k

Mtchewww, am crying already.
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by Originalsly: 11:59am On Nov 24, 2017
Hmmmm....While the construction (of gates) is going on, we are working on the design" Wow!
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by lloyds(m): 12:19pm On Nov 24, 2017
Fashola! The only only thing he know how to do is to hike prices and obtain money from citizens.

He is gradually destroying his political career.
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by enemyofprogress: 12:33pm On Nov 24, 2017
Government of hardship
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by ozimec(m): 1:12pm On Nov 24, 2017
40kobo77:

You surely need the medicine urgent.
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by AcquireCofOLand(m): 1:40pm On Nov 24, 2017
ON AND REAL ESTATE/PROPERTY INVESTMENT

IN IBEJU-LEKKI/AJAH & MAGBORO

DEPOSIT #100K AND GET TURKEY, BAG OF RICE AND COOKING OIL

buy 1plot from villa garden city
Behind MFM prayer City Magboro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YklgX6yrWIc

Price: #650 per plot
Title: Registered survey
Size: 600sqm
Instant Allocation/Buy and Build

FLEXIBLE PAYMENT PLAN UP TO 6 MONTHS

3 Months plan: #230k × 3 months = #690k
6 months plan: #120k × 6 months = #720K

Deposit #100K and spread the balance for 3 to 6 months

Contact me on
08034113771 (or WhatsApp +2348027390046)

Let's discuss your options

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by izombie(m): 1:45pm On Nov 24, 2017
mapet:

You pay tolls in South Africa, yet don't want to pay toll in Nigeria? Are you all right at all? or did you miss the part where Fashola said tolls will be put in new roads?
yes i am happy to pay in south africa because you actually see that your toll money is used very well. The roads are built to last a decade or even more and they are constantly maintained. I've actually asked some construction workers why they were working on a road that did not even have one pot hole and he told me that it was time to reconstruct. In our naija its different. New road you said. We all know that the only thing fashola and co will do on a 100km road is to tar about 5 km to the toll gate and 5km after the toll gate. If our roads become like south african roads i will be more than happy to pay toll fees.
Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by omoiyalayi(m): 2:11pm On Nov 24, 2017
40kobo77:

Lolzzzzzzzzz grin grin

Sarcasm @ it's best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Plans To Reintroduce Toll Gates Nationwide Concluded by omoiyalayi(m): 2:18pm On Nov 24, 2017
Oga Fashola please we need your help on lokoja to Owo road please help us create another alternative route from lokoja to Owo without passing through okene

If you do this you can toll it we will happily pay

Click like I you agree with me and share till Fashola sees it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

El-rufai Blasts South South Governors For Defending CJN, Onnoghen / I Never Knew Onitsha Had A Large Body Of Water. Thought SE Was Landlocked? God! / Edo PDP : NWC Replaces Makinde With Mbah Over Plot To Scuttle Congresses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.