Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,013 members, 7,852,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:28 PM

Yoruba Are 99% Genetically Identical To Igbos, Akan and Gaa-Adangbe - Study - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Are 99% Genetically Identical To Igbos, Akan and Gaa-Adangbe - Study (5499 Views)

History Of Bashorun Gaa / Study Shows Igbos & Yoruba Are 99.9% Genetically Similar / Ibo, Hausa And Yoruba Are Not Indegenous Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Are 99% Genetically Identical To Igbos, Akan and Gaa-Adangbe - Study by Opiletool(m): 9:56am On Mar 04, 2019
igbodefender:
Lots of Igbos assimilated into the Yoruba fold after the Moremi War ( google "Moremi Igbo". So, it's not surprising.

In light of this, I hereby call on Igbos and Yorubas to come closer.

Wrong.
It is not 'igbo' (South Easterners), but 'ugbo' (a sub group of yoruba in present day ilaje).
Re: Yoruba Are 99% Genetically Identical To Igbos, Akan and Gaa-Adangbe - Study by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 04, 2019
Opiletool:

Wrong.
It is not 'igbo' (South Easterners), but 'ugbo' (a sub group of yoruba in present day ilaje).

Do you know that the Olugbo was once ruler of of a town called Igbo Igbo, now Oke Igbo, before Oduduwa's forces displaced them and they then settled in the present day Ugbo? When the Olugbo was King of Igbo Igbo, his title was Olu Igbo.
Re: Yoruba Are 99% Genetically Identical To Igbos, Akan and Gaa-Adangbe - Study by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 04, 2019
Opiletool:

Wrong.

Do you think the indigenes of Ugbo in Ondo State and Ugbodu in Delta Igbo and Ugbo in Enugu State are related?
Re: Yoruba Are 99% Genetically Identical To Igbos, Akan and Gaa-Adangbe - Study by Opiletool(m): 10:09am On Mar 04, 2019
igbodefender:

Do you know that the Olugbo was once ruler of of a town called Igbo Igbo, now Oke Igbo, before Oduduwa's forces displaced them and they then settled in the present day Ugbo? When the Olugbo was King of Igbo Igbo, his title was Olu Igbo.

The Oke Igbo you are referring to has nothing to do with Igbo South East. The tonal pronunciation is different. Igbo (do-do) south east,
Igbo (re-mi) Oke Igbo.
Yes I have read about the tussle between obatala and oduduwa. Ugbo I believe was part of the community that made up the old Ife Town, before rebelling against oduduwa.
Re: Yoruba Are 99% Genetically Identical To Igbos, Akan and Gaa-Adangbe - Study by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 04, 2019
Opiletool:

Ugbo I believe was part of the community that made up the old Ife Town, before rebelling against Oduduwa.

You are right here.
Re: Yoruba Are 99% Genetically Identical To Igbos, Akan and Gaa-Adangbe - Study by Opiletool(m): 10:14am On Mar 04, 2019
igbodefender:

Do you think the indigenes of Ugbo in Ondo State and Ugbodu in Delta Igbo and Ugbo in Enugu State are related?

Well, I can not say. But I once read on one thread that ugbodu people migrated from Ondo state. Don't know how true that is. I think the first set of kings of ugbodu were Yorubas judging by the name I read on the thread.
Re: Yoruba Are 99% Genetically Identical To Igbos, Akan and Gaa-Adangbe - Study by ajl: 10:08pm On Dec 06, 2022
wtfcoded:
Another fake news from the children of propaganda.
Afonjas can't match us biko.
grin

Too sad for you.
Re: Yoruba Are 99% Genetically Identical To Igbos, Akan and Gaa-Adangbe - Study by Godsownfc(m): 9:05am On Jan 16, 2023
How did he come to that conclusion?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of "August Meeting". / Why Do We Spend So Much On Funerals? / Lisabi Agbongbo Akala | Egba History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.