Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

All About Nilesat Installations - Satellite TV Technology (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / All About Nilesat Installations (253640 Views)

All About Nilesat,badrsat Leaving, In Northern Nigeria In 1.8M And 2.0M Dish. / What Is The Best Frequency Polarity To Track Nilesat Ku Band In Osun, Nigeria / Nilesat-201 Footprint Maps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Saipro(m): 1:33pm On Jun 24, 2015
Olawale86:
@ saipro pls can u tell us the product of LNB u used
I use Fuji Gold (HD) twin LNBF. I would have suspected the LNBF too but every other channel (and I mean EVERY) is still in place and blazing annoyingly, as I don't speak arabic.

In addition I have an Inverto Black (quad) and Invacom QPL 4 (quad) LNBF. Both are new and are supposed to be the best in the industry for retail use on semi-circular and parabolic cut dishes but I'm discouraged as I never had to use them. I have 4 other dishes ranging from 60cm to 100 cm and all of them have regular twin or quad Invertos. Those are my current source of joy for FTA as my family have reverted to DSTV.

Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Ogojohn(m): 2:43pm On Jun 24, 2015
Saipro:

I use Fuji Gold (HD) twin LNBF. I would have suspected the LNBF too but every other channel (and I mean EVERY) is still in place and blazing annoyingly, as I don't speak arabic.

In addition I have an Inverto Black (quad) and Invacom QPL 4 (quad) LNBF. Both are new and are supposed to be the best in the industry for retail use on semi-circular and parabolic cut dishes but I'm discouraged as I never had to use them. I have 4 other dishes ranging from 60cm to 100 cm and all of them have regular twin or quad Invertos. Those are my current source of joy for FTA as my family have reverted to DSTV.
Have you tried strong prime focus lnb. I tried it. It was a marvel.

Re: All About Nilesat Installations by coderXO(m): 3:41pm On Jun 24, 2015
odilibe:
...the issue is ... the 3m will not receive MBC/nilesat in lagos!

Chairman so what do you suggest to get MBCs? 4m dish I think will just be not worth the cost and stress; as opposed to buying a 4940 (10-12k) just paying 12k a year for MYTV.

I don't really like the idea that I need to buy a new decoder. What's the point of putting a card slot the other models and they are useless?
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Saipro(m): 1:57am On Jun 25, 2015
Ogojohn:
Have you tried strong prime focus lnb. I tried it. It was a marvel.

Frankly, I haven't but the Inverto Black has been touted to be no less amazing. However, when it comes to out-of-footprint/beyond-horizon signals, I believe there's truly no substitute for a bigger and better dish. Painstakingly, one might persist and prevail but at times, it's pure hell to even try. I'll give it another shot this weekend using the Inverto else I'll settle for the weaker Badr 4 using Invacom. Thanks
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 10:13am On Jun 25, 2015
Saipro:

I'm having the same issue. My Badr 4 is hopeless (2.6m fibre dish) while I still get almost every other package on Nilesat. I wonder why MBC has proven elusive. Will set to work on it right now

saipro,
are you serious? you mean you were still getting mbcs with a 2.6m dish in the south-west up until now or are you just realising they were gone a long time ago? unless you are living anywhere near abuja or in the north, those packages stopped being active on dishes less than 3m going two years now.
to enjoy, I'll suggest upgrading your dish to at least 4m minimum unless again your living in the north.

btw: nice to see we have common interests. solar + satellites seems a natural combination! smiley
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Saipro(m): 11:50am On Jun 26, 2015
I understand the spurious sound of my claims but, yes, I was receiving MBC on Nilesat with my 2.6m dish (fibre for the matter) up until end of April when they all of a sudden upped and went away. Everything else is stable as we speak. I must state that everything from dish shape (I corrected a lopsided sag) to LNBF skew (reverse polarity) has been optimized for Nilesat as I had converted a motorized setup to a stationary one. Having cleared that aspect, I still don't understand the sudden disappearance. Could I have offended the FTA gods unknowingly (by enjoying too much FTA)?

A quick inspection reveals exfoliation on some areas of the dish. I'll refoil sometime next month and attempt to track Nilesat again - on the same 2.6m fibre dish.

By the way, nice seeing you GeorgeD1. It took a brother in distress to bring you out. I seem to notice your last post on the Solar forum was in response to an inquiry of mine. To these ends, kindly accept my profound gratitude.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 1:54pm On Jun 26, 2015
saipro,
you must be lucky indeed still getting mbcs with a 2.6m dish. in that case your signal drop may be probably due to your fibre dish deterioration. the aluminium foil peeling off is always the hassle with fibre dish. i remember having to refoil my 3m fibre every other year when i still had mine.
i'm sure your mbcs will bounce back after taking care of those foils. but again if you could get this much with a 2.6m fibre dish imagine how much more you could achieve with a 3m or even a 4m pan!
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Talibanis: 2:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
@Saipro, what's ur location?
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Saipro(m): 8:00pm On Jun 26, 2015
GeorgeD1:
saipro,
you must be lucky indeed still getting mbcs with a 2.6m dish. in that case your signal drop may be probably due to your fibre dish deterioration. the aluminium foil peeling off is always the hassle with fibre dish. i remember having to refoil my 3m fibre every other year when i still had mine.
i'm sure your mbcs will bounce back after taking care of those foils. but again if you could get this much with a 2.6m fibre dish imagine how much more you could achieve with a 3m or even a 4m pan!

Yeah, you're right. I've always dreamed of the wonders a 3m dish could achieve. With a 4m dish, I'd probably walk alongside gods. That being said, space constraints (the usual devil) prevent me from increasing the dish span. It'll end up either teethering over my fence or overlie my carpark canopy (thereby restricting the fiddling with it). Refoiling is always a pain and I wish I could get some wonder silver spray that would end those days.

Talibanis:
@Saipro, what's ur location?

I'm in Ilorin
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by kokozain(m): 9:54pm On Jun 26, 2015
I'm in Ilorin[/quote]
pls where in ilorin am also in ilorin with same size of dish. how can you help me out
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Saipro(m): 6:35am On Jun 27, 2015
kokozain:

pls where in ilorin am also in ilorin with same size of dish. how can you help me out

You've got mail.
Or reach me on zero-eight-zero-three-961-21-four-seven
(to avoid spambots)
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Talibanis: 10:26am On Jun 27, 2015
Oh! Now I understand why u could get Nilesat with ur dish size
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Saipro(m): 4:19pm On Jun 27, 2015
Talibanis:
Oh! Now I understand why u could get Nilesat with ur dish size

wink
Finally adds up, doesn't it? Even at that, I can assure you it took a lot of trials to get MBC at 68% on a 2.6m dish in Ilorin. Most of my friends either don't have it or barley cross the 55% mark. All-time best with the same 2.6m for me is 72% I think and a lot of weird H-polarization channels popped up. I wasn't satisfied so I fiddled with it after a week or so and I never attained that signal strength again. Ever.

You can understand my exasperation when from a minimum of 64% during sunny days (68% at night), I suddenly lost MBC without a trace. Pretty weird. No fading, no static. Simply nothing.

By the way, the 72% signal strength was with a SuperMax HD LNBF on which I'd sawn off the plastic front (aperture covering) along with a bit of the aluminium housing (resulting in a 5 - 7% signal boost!). I haven't had the guts to saw off the Fuji Gold. Looks too cute as it is.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Talibanis: 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2015
Saipro:

wink
Finally adds up, doesn't it? Even at that, I can assure you it took a lot of trials to get MBC at 68% on a 2.6m dish in Ilorin. Most of my friends either don't have it or barley cross the 55% mark. All-time best with the same 2.6m for me is 72% I think and a lot of weird H-polarization channels popped up. I wasn't satisfied so I fiddled with it after a week or so and I never attained that signal strength again. Ever.

You can understand my exasperation when from a minimum of 64% during sunny days (68% at night), I suddenly lost MBC without a trace. Pretty weird. No fading, no static. Simply nothing.

By the way, the 72% signal strength was with a SuperMax HD LNBF on which I'd sawn off the plastic front (aperture covering) along with a bit of the aluminium housing (resulting in a 5 - 7% signal boost!). I haven't had the guts to saw off the Fuji Gold. Looks too cute as it is.
Hahaha grin grin grin
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by kokozain(m): 5:50pm On Jun 27, 2015
Saipro:

wink
Finally adds up, doesn't it? Even at that, I can assure you it took a lot of trials to get MBC at 68% on a 2.6m dish in Ilorin. Most of my friends either don't have it or barley cross the 55% mark. All-time best with the same 2.6m for me is 72% I think and a lot of weird H-polarization channels popped up. I wasn't satisfied so I fiddled with it after a week or so and I never attained that signal strength again. Ever. I have checked

I have checked my mail but no mail from ur end. And i have also tried the line u dropped but its switch off. Pls i need ur contact mine is zero-eight-1-three-7-eight-675-three-eight am on whatsapp as well. Thanks in advance
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Saipro(m): 4:12pm On Jun 28, 2015
kokozain:
I have checked my mail but no mail from ur end. And i have also tried the line u dropped but its switch off. Pls i need ur contact mine is zero-eight-1-three-7-eight-675-three-eight am on whatsapp as well. Thanks in advance

Can't find you on WhatsApp. I'm on WhatsApp too. The aforementioned number likewise. The number is available. Network issues, I assume
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 8:41pm On Jun 28, 2015
saipro,
you'd probably achieve no signal boost by sawing off the fuji as it is already optimized to max reception
the way it is. i tried it once but later regretted it because instead of a signal increase my reception went
downhill.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Saipro(m): 3:11am On Jun 29, 2015
GeorgeD1:
saipro,
you'd probably achieve no signal boost by sawing off the fuji as it is already optimized to max reception
the way it is. i tried it once but later regretted it because instead of a signal increase my reception went
downhill.

Now, that's an eminently useful piece of information. It would appear my fears had substance after all (as well as my appreciation for the aesthetics). I hate regrets yet lately, I've been sorely tempted to pull out my hacksaw and saw the end off. Many thanks.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by joxxy01(m): 6:21am On Jun 29, 2015
GeorgeD1:
saipro,
downhill.
Morning bro. My nilesat's mbc channels stoped working....wot should i do?
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 12:39pm On Jun 29, 2015
Saipro:

Now, that's an eminently useful piece of information. It would appear my fears had substance after all (as well as my appreciation for the aesthetics). I hate regrets yet lately, I've been sorely tempted to pull out my hacksaw and saw the end off. Many thanks.

saipro,
hahaha! my sawed off fuji still lies useless in my house till date as evidence of my mis-adventure! grin
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 12:41pm On Jun 29, 2015
joxxy01:
Morning bro. My nilesat's mbc channels stoped working....wot should i do?

joxxy01,
if they were working well before till now then you have to check your lnb. do that before tampering with
your dish alignment.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Saipro(m): 3:00pm On Jun 29, 2015
GeorgeD1:

joxxy01,
if they were working well before till now then you have to check your lnb. do that before tampering with
your dish alignment.

In my case, solely MBC channels vanished hence LNB faults unlikey - unless the fault singled out 11938V 27500M/s
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by GeorgeD1(m): 8:15pm On Jun 30, 2015
Saipro:

In my case, solely MBC channels vanished hence LNB faults unlikey - unless the fault singled out 11938V 27500M/s

saipro,
i agree with you. what you need is a refoiling job not lnb change.
that reply was for joxxy01
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by akplatnum2005(m): 8:06pm On Jul 26, 2015
@GeorgeD n @saipro. My MBC cracks heavily between 55-56% but my Dubai1 is stable at 58%. I only. need 2% boast to enjoy mbc on my 1.8m dish with stargold fuji. Here is My Question what LnB can i buy and what modification will i need to perform on it to give me addition 5-7%? Tx in anticipation.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by sam2020(m): 1:29pm On Aug 01, 2015
Well, if you're in abuja i advice you to buy prime focus,because if Fuji lnbf is 58% then prime focus should be 61%
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 10, 2015
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by sam2020(m): 1:14pm On Aug 20, 2015
Yes, go to your satellite equipment dealer it's there.
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 20, 2015
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by coderXO(m): 8:47am On Aug 31, 2015
odilibe:
..that will be suicide mission in lagos!

Will 3.2m or 3.4m do Nilesat 201 in Lagos? Hotbird?
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by Ibaku(m): 11:38am On Aug 31, 2015
201 No Hotbird Yes
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by coderXO(m): 1:31pm On Aug 31, 2015
Ibaku:
201 No Hotbird Yes

Really? Even 3.4m will not do 201?
Re: All About Nilesat Installations by lilreese: 6:36pm On Sep 01, 2015
Do I need HD LNB to view crisp hd channels on my decoder

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.