Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' (50278 Views)

David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal / Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion / Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by smileyoo: 4:33pm On Nov 24, 2017
end time doctrine for the lazy ones that can't read their bibles.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by obidaddy: 4:33pm On Nov 24, 2017
PrecisionFx:

""He was called of God in 1981 - So how did u find out that he was called by God

""1983 by Pastor EA Adeboye and anoited Bishop in 1987 by a most revered Man of God who mentored him in the 80s and 90s in person of ArchBishop Benson Idahosa" - Oh his fellow yahoo boys ordained him. I thought maybe u would have told me that God ordained him by himself like Jesus n john the Baptist in the Bible.

As I clearly stated which u fled from addressing, Malachi isn't someone's name, in Hebrew it means the prophets. The whole book of Malachi is a book of rules n regulations for the levites(Pastors n prophets n Priests). Any man of God that reads out malachi 3 vs 10 to his congregation is a very BIG thief n a liar, He will end up in hell for pushing his responsibilities to his gullible members.

The rules of tithing is very clear in Deuteronomy 26 vs 12 and Deuteronomy 14 be 28.

Oga precision, you made my day today. Thank you for the time, energy and devotion to deradicalising these sheepless from the bling yahoo pastors. God bless you.

I hhope we will transfer this eye opening and deliverance from pastorprenuers to politicians in Nigeria, who in place of tithe and seed sowing,use religion and tribe to milk us dry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by derecho(m): 4:37pm On Nov 24, 2017
Kikikiki...Anyways this is the Malachi 3,you asked me to read.So the Priests were referred to as This Whole Nation abi?Continue Bible Scholar

Malachi 3:6-10
6 For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

7 Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the Lord of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?

8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.

10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

PrecisionFx:

Oga tithe is not money.
Can u show me where the Bible states that u should pay 10% of ur money. Tithe is food, there's no confusion about that in the Bible.

Malachi 3 vs 10 is a warning to the priests who didn't pay their tithe in full

Go and read ur Bible.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Vuvuzela101: 4:42pm On Nov 24, 2017
Oyedepo you are s fraudster. Tithe thief. Read Deut 14 22 to 28.
Rubbish.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Jakumo(m): 4:42pm On Nov 24, 2017
Hey Pastor Oyeah, your followers are all certified dimwits, with not one single exception, because they pay cash in exchange for your blatant lies.

Not once in my life thus far, have I EVER given a fast-talking pastor one solitary penny, and I never will, no matter how much of your vindictive God's punishment you threaten will be inflicted on those who choose NOT to give away their hard-earned income to rich and greedy con-men wearing religious robes, like you.

In other words, Pastor Oyeah, you can take your threats of fire and brimstone, and stick them up your nasty anus, where they belong.

Thank you for nothing, Pastor Oyeah, and good luck finding more sheep to fleece with the rest of your dumb and dumber flock.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by AHCB: 4:45pm On Nov 24, 2017
What a joke. These men of whatever must think they're talking to fools. But wait, they're actually talking to fools considering the fact that they enriched themselves with the sweat of hard working gullible people.

Tithe my ass! The day I pay tithe is the day I'll walk around naked_ in the road.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by uniquebright: 4:48pm On Nov 24, 2017
[quote author=kirajustice post=62666337]

https://politicsngr.com/2017/11/24/dont-pay-tithe-permanently-beggar-oyedepo/
[/quote
u re already blessed beyond measured for ever my Papa. God bless u perfectly for dis word sir. I pity those who don't pay tithe
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by derecho(m): 4:49pm On Nov 24, 2017
No time for Grammar,Let's read together Genesis 14:17-24
So Everything Abram got from the war was Food Abi?
And na the food wey hin get from war wan make am rich?

17 After Abram returned from defeating Kedorlaomer and the kings allied with him, the king of Sodom came out to meet him in the Valley of Shaveh (that is, the King’s Valley).

18 Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. He was priest of God Most High, 19 and he blessed Abram, saying,

“Blessed be Abram by God Most High,
Creator of heaven and earth.
20 And praise be to God Most High,
who delivered your enemies into your hand.”
Then Abram gave him a tenth of everything.

21 The king of Sodom said to Abram, “Give me the people and keep the goods for yourself.”

22 But Abram said to the king of Sodom, “With raised hand I have sworn an oath to the Lord, God Most High, Creator of heaven and earth,
23 that I will accept nothing belonging to you, not even a thread or the strap of a sandal, so that you will never be able to say, ‘I made Abram rich.’ 24 I will accept nothing but what my men have eaten and the share that belongs to the men who went with me—to Aner, Eshkol and Mamre. Let them have their share.”

THIS WAS BEFORE THE MOSAIC LAW CAME Which Paul Spoke About in Hebrews that Levi gave tithes while the Loins of Abraham.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by perdollar(m): 4:53pm On Nov 24, 2017
afonja Christians get small sense pass afonja Muslims. Mr pastor cannot tell ppl to stop giving him, God of men awuf
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:54pm On Nov 24, 2017
derecho:
Thanks for your OPINION. But We walk on God's terms and leading.Our good deeds are best described as self-righteousness.Giving to others could be alms or anything but not tithe or offering.Tithe simply means tenth part of your income to God not pastors or the needy.Tithers,as u'll like to call them ,also give alms and give to the needy.

Bring ye ALL THE TITHES into the storehouse,
that there may be meat IN MY HOUSE...

you said meat? what has that got to do with money
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:57pm On Nov 24, 2017
derecho:
Kikikiki...Anyways this is the Malachi 3,you asked me to read.So the Priests were referred to as This Whole Nation abi?Continue Bible Scholar

Malachi 3:6-10
6 For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

7 Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the Lord of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?

8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.

10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

are you an isreali jew? Do you still observe all the jewish laws?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by deebrain(m): 4:58pm On Nov 24, 2017
wiloy2k8:

who cares
You.
Thanks for caring.
Ode
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:58pm On Nov 24, 2017
derecho:
No time for Grammar,Let's read together Genesis 14:17-24
So Everything Abram got from the war was Food Abi?
And na the food wey hin get from war wan make am rich?

17 After Abram returned from defeating Kedorlaomer and the kings allied with him, the king of Sodom came out to meet him in the Valley of Shaveh (that is, the King’s Valley).

18 Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. He was priest of God Most High, 19 and he blessed Abram, saying,

“Blessed be Abram by God Most High,
Creator of heaven and earth.
20 And praise be to God Most High,
who delivered your enemies into your hand.”
Then Abram gave him a tenth of everything.

21 The king of Sodom said to Abram, “Give me the people and keep the goods for yourself.”

22 But Abram said to the king of Sodom, “With raised hand I have sworn an oath to the Lord, God Most High, Creator of heaven and earth,
23 that I will accept nothing belonging to you, not even a thread or the strap of a sandal, so that you will never be able to say, ‘I made Abram rich.’ 24 I will accept nothing but what my men have eaten and the share that belongs to the men who went with me—to Aner, Eshkol and Mamre. Let them have their share.”

THIS WAS BEFORE THE MOSAIC LAW CAME Which Paul Spoke About in Hebrews that Levi gave tithes while the Loins of Abraham.

Circumcision and burnt offerings also came before the law.Besides biblical tithes had nothing to do with money and was never paid monthly
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 5:00pm On Nov 24, 2017
This man and his heretic teachings. Nonsense man.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by holuwapopsh(m): 5:04pm On Nov 24, 2017
lastmessenger:
I have respect for oyedepo. God has used him to do a lot great things for his Kingdom. He founded two universities in Nigeria with facilities comparable to what is obtainable outside the shore of this country and he has plans to build another one in Ghana.
His achievement alone is enough for anyone to swallow whatever he says as the ultimate truth coming from God.
In as much as I believe in giving to the church,the idea that a Christian must tithe is one that even Bishop oyedepo will not convince me to accept. It is obvious that such practice were done away with all the other loads of practices recorded in the old testament.
The only giving acceptable and recorded in the new testament is free will donation. Any other giving is nothing but manmade.
However those who feel they must tithe are free to do so but saying that those who don't tithe are cursed and going to hell is nothing but madness.
paying of tithes hmmmm WEN U HVE A UNIVERISITY IN NIGERIA WHERE A POOR CHILD CANT GO TOO N DIS UNIVERSITY WAS BUILD WITH PPLE`S MONEY BOTH RICH AND POOR N U SAY U RE A MAN OF GOD GUYS MAKE UNA THINK

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by derecho(m): 5:07pm On Nov 24, 2017
Is that what you could deduce from the bible passages?What has duration got to do with tenth of your income?If you are a farmer whose crop is perennial,say 3 years,will you not pay it the 3rd year?If na one year before your produce come,when will be the best time to ascertain the tenth part?Ditto for monthly earners.The idea is one-tenth of your INCOME.
PaChukwudi44:

Circumcision and burnt offerings also came before the law.Besides biblical tithes had nothing to do with money and was never paid monthly
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by derecho(m): 5:08pm On Nov 24, 2017
No...i am a Bible believer lead by the Spirit of God sir
PaChukwudi44:

are you an isreali jew? Do you still observe all the jewish laws?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by holuwapopsh(m): 5:09pm On Nov 24, 2017
lastmessenger:
I have respect for oyedepo. God has used him to do a lot great things for his Kingdom. He founded two universities in Nigeria with facilities comparable to what is obtainable outside the shore of this country and he has plans to build another one in Ghana.
His achievement alone is enough for anyone to swallow whatever he says as the ultimate truth coming from God.
In as much as I believe in giving to the church,the idea that a Christian must tithe is one that even Bishop oyedepo will not convince me to accept. It is obvious that such practice were done away with all the other loads of practices recorded in the old testament.
The only giving acceptable and recorded in the new testament is free will donation. Any other giving is nothing but manmade.
However those who feel they must tithe are free to do so but saying that those who don't tithe are cursed and going to hell is nothing but madness.
Tithes paying is it important Poor n rich pay tithes n use it to Build university a school where poor people cnt go still yet u saying u shld pay tithe u hve jet n ur members most of they re jobless think bfore saying Rubbish
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by YesNo(m): 5:10pm On Nov 24, 2017
martineverest:
So true

I saw Bill gates, Jeff bezos, Berlusconi etc begging at ojuelegba bustop last night.

SMH. We now know the truth... Nothing will ever make me pay tithe

I also saw them begging for food and water and money from those coming out of shoprite in Surulere. they should start paying their tithe to come out of that poverty quickly. I pity them
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Johncuppa(m): 5:10pm On Nov 24, 2017
Josade44:

Concerning what you said about the New testament having No drop of the mention or command on tithing..Pls read Jesus words to Some group of Pharisee in Matthew 23:23.

And again, Bishop is adresing born again Christians, He wasn't saying this in a crusade but in a church.

Tithing for Christians is a Covenant obligation, Do it joyfully and enjoy the dividend, vice versa.

As an ordained Pastor, I believe in imploring and teaching people about giving generally and not to build on a faulty foundation.

I've heard some folks say if you don't pay your tithes, ur life will be tithe: i dont agree with that. As a matter of fact, u might be the richest Christians from the human viewpoint fir having even tot of paying ur tithes, but true riches are not far form those that pay their tithe..U r far from the covenant blessing of those that do pay their tithes.
Thanks
This is just it sir.
New testament and Jesus teachings are more or mostly on principles than law. You do it, you get result. You refuse to do it, you are on your own.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by derecho(m): 5:11pm On Nov 24, 2017
That there MIGHT BE MEAT...Meat /food/Provision for the needy.THE TITHE ISN'T NECESSARILY FOOD BUT ONE TENTH OF WHAT YOU MAKE WHICH CAN BE MONITIZED to provide meat in the house of God
PaChukwudi44:

you said meat? what has that got to do with money
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by mhisterdreezy(m): 5:20pm On Nov 24, 2017
lastmessenger:
his schools are expensive
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by mhisterdreezy(m): 5:20pm On Nov 24, 2017
someone is getting 300 likes nawa oo , just how many hrs
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Lightening: 5:21pm On Nov 24, 2017
leye4u:
you already have a mindset about tithing and Pastors..... If I prove from the Bible why one should pay tithe, that wouldnt change your perception ...No need wasting time trying to convince you. Less that 10percent of church attendees pay their tithe, as low as 5percent in some congregation, so none of the ministries doing well across the world rely on tithes in the first place.

So what do thosr ministry depend on if not tithing ?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 24, 2017
obidaddy:

Oga precision, you made my day today. Thank you for the time, energy and devotion to deradicalising these sheepless from the bling yahoo pastors. God bless you.

I hhope we will transfer this eye opening and deliverance from pastorprenuers to politicians in Nigeria, who in place of tithe and seed sowing,use religion and tribe to milk us dry.

Thanks Man.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by back2sender: 5:25pm On Nov 24, 2017
Useless man of god, awon ole..

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by oruma19: 5:25pm On Nov 24, 2017
kirajustice:

https://politicsngr.com/2017/11/24/dont-pay-tithe-permanently-beggar-oyedepo/
I attend living faith church, but I don't listen to all oyedepo says. Many things he says are out of flesh, pride over physical achievement and especially this tithe issue. He makes so much noise about it without a single biblical backing. He has regretfully not been able to proof freeze wrong from the scripture, his pattern Is continuous threat. I just de laff. I am seriously looking for a good church to serve my God in peace because if one follows this man hell fire will be real. This statement confirms my doubt's about bishop oyedepo. Big lie he just said. God does not chop money and he (oyedepo) is not a levite. Levites don't own properties. Terrible.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by oruma19: 5:28pm On Nov 24, 2017
yemmight:
A lot of successful individuals that i know who dont give tithe. Instead of being beggars, they have remained givers. A lot of emphasis on tithes in Nigeria.
don't mind tgis man. I don't wana talk more than tgis but bottom line is, if u attend his church beta run for ur life if u wana make heaven. Deeperlife is still d best Pentecostal church. Oyedepo and his likes are the ones taking people away from God to run after material wealth. That's y u have 50% of ritualists and yahooboys in rccg and winners. Nonsense doctrine.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by 6UEE: 5:29pm On Nov 24, 2017
kcowen:
Pay attention to the people you listen
to. Jesus didn't die to have you subject yourself
to this kind of demonic teaching. I feel sorry for
Pastor Adefarasin's followers who believe this
doctrine of tithing.

The scriptures are titheocentric
"God created the universe, he took a tithe the
milky way.
God created the milky way, he took a tithe the
galaxy, our galaxy.
God created the galaxy, he took a tithe our solar
system. God created the solar system, he took a
tithe planet earth.
God created planet earth, he took a tithe Isreal.
God created Isreal, he took a tithe Jerusalem the
city of David.
God created Jerusalem, he took a tithe the
temple. God created the temple, he took a tithe
the holies of holies
God created the holies of holies, he took a tithe
the mercy seat.
God created all species of being, he took a tithe
the family of God which is comprised of angels,
the living and the dead in christ.
God created the family of God, he took a tithe
Israel. God created Israel, he took a tithe Levi
God created humanity, he took a tithe the church
God created the church, he took a tithe the
eldership. God created the eldership, he took a
tithe the Apostles.
God created the church, he took a tithe the head
of the church Christ.
Jesus Christ was a tithe carrying a tithe to the
tithe the mercy seat "
I don't know if this is metaphysics or titheology
Wait a minute. Is this an actual teaching or did you just make it up?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by Lightening: 5:29pm On Nov 24, 2017
bezimo:
Tithing is biblical and commanded by God as shown by Gods servant Bishop Oyedepo..He was preaching at Dunamis not Winners..while encouraging the brethren to continue the kingdom principles of tithing..so you that have never tithed, what is your problem..Is God forcing you, is Bishop forcing you..Abeg make I hear word.

In his words he said "if you are not a tither you end your journey as a beggar"..I believe him as my prophet and father, moreso..i believe God who commanded it. So your anger and frustration for those who tithe wont make any difference..

For those pious and religious hypocritical christians, you are free to go to heaven like lazarus did after suffering poverty on earth, but I have chosen to enter heaven like Abraham after enjoying kingdom wealth on earth. Make your choice.

Still no single bible reference. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by derecho(m): 5:37pm On Nov 24, 2017
Malachi 3:10
Lightening:

Still no single bible reference. Smh
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' by derecho(m): 5:41pm On Nov 24, 2017
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

"My Family Took Me To A Church To Burn Out The Spirit Of Homosexuality" (Photos) / "Stop Lying" - Biodun Fatoyinbo To Busola Dakolo / Benny Hinn Prophesies Change In Nigeria's Political System In A "Few Weeks"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.