Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Helping a man financially while dating - Reasonable Or Just Downright Stupid? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Helping a man financially while dating - Reasonable Or Just Downright Stupid? (869 Views)

Ladies: Don't Take The Role Of A Wife While Dating, You Are His Girlfriend Joor! / Women; Are You A Creamer, A Squirter, Or Just Wet / After Helping A Guy With Airtime, She Gets Engagement Ring In Return (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Helping a man financially while dating - Reasonable Or Just Downright Stupid? by mollysteeze(f): 1:10pm On Nov 24, 2017
One of my colleagues was giving me some gist yesterday about his friend and I decided to share the story. Here it goes:

A guy, lets call him Brian, met a girl in NYSC camp. This girl is from a distinguished and quite prominent Lagos family, while the guy's family were below middle class. After some serious wooing by the guy they started dating, and over time the girl fell head-over-heels in love.

Post-service year, the girl got a good paying job, quite good by all standards, however the guy was unable to get a job, seeing Nigeria as it is.

Obviously she, with the help of her family, tried to secured him some interviews but they never worked out.
For the first four years the girl supported her boyfriend, got him a flat, paid for their vacations, and they were the ideal couple, displaying their love on social media. Brian put her picture perpetually as his display picture. Life was good, the guy proposed and they picked a intro for 3 months and wedding 9 months after hoping and praying the guy will get a job by then and they wouldn't have to rely on her family.

A month after introduction, prayers got answered! The girl's aunt hooked Brian up with an interview and he got a job at a bank. Six months into working, with his babes help he changed his car, and omo boy started looking all fresh.

You would think this is where the story goes and they lived happily ever after right? Well not quite. With a new car, new job and money landing in his bank account every month, he stopped needing the girl's help. And, oh-so-newly-Mr self sufficient Brian started noticing all the 20-year old small yellow girls with big ass, short skirts and heels all around his office.

One month to the wedding, one month o, Brian cancelled the wedding invite they both sent on Facebook. When the babe's friend called her during a meeting saying "babe there was a mistake o, your book cancelled an the wedding invite sent on facebook", girl was just like "oh he's always sitting on his damn phone". Girl picked the phone to call Brian expecting to hear sorry baby it was a mistake. Well............... nope, no error there. Mr I just got me a job and looking fresh-Brian told babe he was calling off the wedding! Girl was like how, why, no fights, we are great. Well they weren't great according to Brian, he said he had been unhappy for the last five years, and that apparently three months into their relationship he realised she is not the kind of woman he sees himself marrying, because her family looks down on me.

Same family that got him a job, and through them literally survived for over four years? and he's just coming to that comclusion one month to the wedding.

Five years, one month to wedding! Invites everywhere! And they say babes be going crazy. Jesus se you are watching these people!.

Anyways that brings me to my point, is it worth growing up and going through thick and thin with someone, the whole nine yards of labour and giving your all when you are dating?. I am not particularly one-sided to think its just men that are selfish, people generally are selfish and self serving, they can overlook all your flaws when they need you, but once they believe they can self sustain or have other options they forget all you have been through. I have heard of a babe some guy sponsored to Uni and she thought she was too "learned" for him after so she dumped him.

So I do not judge people who can't do the long term investment in a relationship even though I have respect for people who still can give there all, not because they are naive, but because they want to. Ultimately, my opinion is, we should only give out of love instead of what we can get back (obviously what you can afford and doesn't break your account or back). Love is giving and love is kind, if he/she leaves you after all you do, he/she doesn't and couldn't ever have loved you, you deserve better, and I believe karma always has a way. Leave it to Karma.
Re: Helping a man financially while dating - Reasonable Or Just Downright Stupid? by TPound(m): 1:40pm On Nov 24, 2017
just like it is said....leave it to karma...it happened to me twice and I left it to karma... the rest is history as karma did a very good job

1 Like

Re: Helping a man financially while dating - Reasonable Or Just Downright Stupid? by izaray(f): 1:51pm On Nov 24, 2017
TPound:
just like it is said....leave it to karma...it happened to me twice and I left it to karma... the rest is history as karma did a very good job
Bruh share ur experience with us nah, so people can learn from it too pls.
Re: Helping a man financially while dating - Reasonable Or Just Downright Stupid? by TPound(m): 2:01pm On Nov 24, 2017
izaray:
Bruh share ur experience with us nah, so people can learn from it too pls.

bah...don't wanna open their fresh wounds...seeing this thread would remind them of their past

2 Likes

Re: Helping a man financially while dating - Reasonable Or Just Downright Stupid? by IAMSASHY(f): 2:05pm On Nov 24, 2017
undecided helping a man financially while dating is nt bad, many men out dere became great 2day bc of Dia woman but one needs 2 b thoroughly careful while doing dat:
1: always remember dat no law states dat d guy dating u must marry u.
2: if u ar dating a guy Dats nt urs, no matter hw much u spend, he wl stl walk out.
3: not every guy deserves ur financial help, some wl collect from u and gv 2 anoda lady.
If u wish 2 help, do dat wit ur brain and dnt overdo.

2 Likes

Re: Helping a man financially while dating - Reasonable Or Just Downright Stupid? by Blackhawk01: 2:06pm On Nov 24, 2017
Right. If I help friends, why shouldn't I help my partner biko?
Re: Helping a man financially while dating - Reasonable Or Just Downright Stupid? by mollysteeze(f): 2:09pm On Nov 24, 2017
and if the partner leaves you a week to your wedding like this nko undecided
Blackhawk01:
Right. If I help friends, why shouldn't I help my partner biko?
Re: Helping a man financially while dating - Reasonable Or Just Downright Stupid? by Blackhawk01: 2:15pm On Nov 24, 2017
mollysteeze:
and if the partner leaves you a week to your wedding like this nko undecided

I'll cry cry cry and cry, dust my arse and move on. Shii happens.

I don't help because we're dating or I expect something in return, I only do it because I'm in the position to do so, albeit wisely.
Re: Helping a man financially while dating - Reasonable Or Just Downright Stupid? by Mznaett: 2:16pm On Nov 24, 2017
If you're in a position to help, my dear help and forget about any reward...

If the person you helped is sensible enough, he/she wouldn't wait to be told what to do. That's how I operate
Re: Helping a man financially while dating - Reasonable Or Just Downright Stupid? by ayokellany: 2:45pm On Nov 24, 2017
Choose who to help wisely because not everyone down n dejected deserves help. All talk about helping without return should not be a recipe to help ingrates who when are in position will not help. It only shows how naive n foolish one is. The lady must have seen the signs or probably did look closely enough. In life you must prove you are worthy of help before it is granted. Guys who seek help from their girls to make it in life de try, shame no fit gree me.
Re: Helping a man financially while dating - Reasonable Or Just Downright Stupid? by ubunja(m): 3:23pm On Nov 24, 2017
a gal will give u all the sex in the world
but ask for money u will see if she really loves u or not.

women taught me to be stingy as hell and simultaneously i have become THE GOLD DIGGER OF GOLD DIGGERS. grin grin
many gals have complained i love money too much,like a woman. grin i take that as a compliment.and have gained many gals as friends.i guess they sense i have the same disease of golddigging like them grin
women respect a man who loves money like them grin grin grin
date me and i will leave u broke

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helping a man financially while dating - Reasonable Or Just Downright Stupid? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 24, 2017
i will disown my daughter if she falls for a broke ass guy. i have a friend who has slept with over 300 girls, he is currently dating a rich girl he disvirgined. 10 yrs older dan d babe and wud marry her when she grads. banking on d gals father to set him up after marriage. sometimes am tempted to tell d babe. smh
Re: Helping a man financially while dating - Reasonable Or Just Downright Stupid? by Lalas247(f): 3:43pm On Nov 24, 2017
Nothing wrong in helping your boo out .... but .. ONLY ... if he is eager to work and not just sitting there depending on you to live, basically if he is actively seeking employment or better job it’s Fine ....

If it’s just some bf who does fuvk all then NO
Re: Helping a man financially while dating - Reasonable Or Just Downright Stupid? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 24, 2017
for every relationship that failed there's another that worked.

(1) (Reply)

See What Happened To This Chicken....pic / Married Physically Challenged Nigerian Blogger, Lizzy Reveals How She Curved Her / Am Quitting This 2017 ; Can't Take It Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.