Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? (22268 Views)

MARVEL Or DC: Who Is Your Favorite Superhero And Why? / Which Movie Was Your Best MARVEL Or DC Movie? / MARVEL Or DC: Which Side Are You On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Apollux(m): 9:03pm On Nov 29, 2017
Sultan5:

Ma'am sorry but have you watched the punisher? Daredevil or even Jessica Jones? How about Agents of shield? DC doesn't rule shit in the small screen, only the flash n Gotham are really doing it for me.
The arrow is pretty good too. I heard supergirl is the one that sucked. But I don't even know about the season 2,if it's out or not. Then Legends of tomorrow, I don't really know where to place that. It's both good and bad.
I have seen both DC and Marvel story telling, DC has way more better stories and characters.
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Sultan5(m): 10:04pm On Nov 29, 2017
Apollux:

The arrow is pretty good too. I heard supergirl is the one that sucked. But I don't even know about the season 2,if it's out or not. Then Legends of tomorrow, I don't really know where to place that. It's both good and bad.
I have seen both DC and Marvel story telling, DC has way more better stories and characters.

Arrow was good early on now its just trash. Supergirl that 1 is just a complete disaster.

As for the bolded part that's your opinion really cause I actually think the opposite. In series, don't really think any DC character other than Flash really stands out for me. But Marvel you can say the punisher definitely stands out, also Skye, would have included Jessica Jones and Daredevil but The Defenders Series just deemed my enthusiasm for them. I also dig some of the cast of 'The Gifted'

And concerning storylines one just has to look at Flash previous season to see how bad a storyline can get, but same can be said of Iron Fist. Gotham also where characters hardly stay dead could be tiresome also. All in all they both have good series and bad ones also just that for me Marvel has more good series than DC.
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Emary(f): 1:05pm On Nov 30, 2017
I have actually, except for Punisher which I'm yet to start. They are good but definitely not as captivating as DC's series. There is something slow paced about many of Marvel's series (Jessica Jones and Iron Fist,
for example) and some episodes can be rather dull. Even the Defenders was rather blase. DC tries to keep you on the edge of your seat each week.

Sultan5:

Ma'am sorry but have you watched the punisher? Daredevil or even Jessica Jones? How about Agents of shield? DC doesn't rule shit in the small screen, only the flash n Gotham are really doing it for me.
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by biyitolu(m): 8:43pm On Nov 30, 2017
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by jeronimo(m): 6:09pm On Dec 02, 2017
Ashley86400:

Dude, you are such a nerd. . . grin

You are a true fan indeed. I had all these expectations from DC when they the recent movies started coming in but I have not been really impressed. Thing is everyone knows how powerful super heroes are, it goes beyond just breaking mountains and being indestructible, people want to see stories with deep plot and not just special effects. One can't help but notice this disparity between marvel movies and DC movies. The difference is the rich storyline, attention to details, witty lines, amazing continuity and trying to connect with both comic book fans and new fans alike. I'd say the writers have to do more work

1 Like

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Sultan5(m): 10:34am On Dec 03, 2017
Emary:
I have actually, except for Punisher which I'm yet to start. They are good but definitely not as captivating as DC's series. There is something slow paced about many of Marvel's series (Jessica Jones and Iron Fist,
for example) and some episodes can be rather dull. Even the Defenders was rather blase. DC tries to keep you on the edge of your seat each week.

Well this is where understanding comes into play. All DC series run on a weekly basis hence they need to keep it interesting for people to come back for more. Its the same with all series under this format same has certain MARVEL series like Agents of Shield, the gifted and the likes.

But Marvels Netflix series are different seeing that all episodes are released once so they more or less treat these series as very long movies. Theres no need for all the high octane action in every episodes unlike other series which run weekly that need to have this to keep audiences excited. Again these are really like long movies and no movie can get you action through out hence there will be episodes with less epic scenes. This might not be for you but it doesn't mean the series is any less good.

Agents of Shield will keep you at the edge of your seat each week because Marvels treat it more like a traditional series than its Netflix counterparts. I mean just look at the first two episodes of the new season released few days ago. It was just epic, its kinda like a mix of guardians of the galaxy with Agents of shield and then with a little addition of time travel its just brilliant can't wait for the next episode. I really hope ghost rider returns in this season although I highly doubt he would but that guy was fun to watch when he is kicking ass.

So ma'am I still maintain DC don't rule shit when it comes to series.
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Sultan5(m): 10:49am On Dec 03, 2017
MobilityExpress:

Marvel movies right now are far better no doubt, but that’s as best as it gets. But as far as comics and animated cartoons are concerned, till today DC > Marvel. I grew up reading comics and watching loads of hardcore superhero cartoons, not the Tom & Jerry and Sponge Bob types for kids of today grin!

Let me explain something about Superman to you. In the comic world, Superman holds himself back and uses maybe like 10% of his capabilities when dealing with others in order not to indiscriminately kill anyone and anything in his way with impunity and nobody can bring him to justice. So he always plays cool and limits himself most of the time, always playing Mr Nice Goody-two-shoes. But when you witness the real power of Superman, he’s not just an extraordinary Superhero, he’s almost a god! He killed Darkseid, even Doomsday. In the alternate universe where Superman was evil, only Superman could defeat Superman, nobody else. Superman in his true self has virtually unlimited strength and power, genius intelligence with speed faster than the speed of light - only The Flash in his fastest prime (speed force) can outrun him. In the comic world, Superman bench pressed planets. Do you know the kind of power it takes to bench press one planet alone, talk less of “planets”. Superman lifted Mageddon, which is millions of times heavier than the sun. Another time they tested his strength and he lifted an object that weighed about 200 quintillion tons (= 200 billion billion tons) and he lifted it with only one hand grin. The evil Superman (aka Ultraman) lifted Book of pages alone, something the good Superman tried to lift and couldn’t. Equal strength, equal abilities but different attitudes, which further proves that Superman (good guy) always holds back. There was a time he got pissed and knocked WonderWoman unconscious with one punch only, the almighty Amazonian Princess grin . Even Batman always carries Kryptonite with him everywhere he goes just in case Superman ever goes rogue. And Batman is the ultimate standard in the Comicverse. If Batman is afraid of something, then everyone else had better be 1 million times more afraid of that thing grin because Rule #1 of the Comicverse “BATMAN IS ALWAYS RIGHT”. Rule #2, “The answer is always Batman” grin

This is the most famous quote from Superman:

“That man won't quit as long as he can still draw a breath [*Superman talking about Batman*]. None of my teammates will. Me [Superman talking about himself]? I've [Superman] got a different problem. I [Superman] feel like I live in a world made of cardboard, always taking constant care not to break something, to break someone. Never allowing myself to lose control even for a moment, or someone could die. But you can take it, can't you, big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose and show you just how powerful I really am.” grin grin grin Now see the clip below to see a little glimpse of what happens when Superman doesn’t hold himself back :

https://youtube.com/watch?v=zexXH3lS8Uw

What if one is able to turn the yellow sun red? Cause I recall in Smallville that this actually happened and superman lost his powers. Same logic was applied on supergirl in arrowverse cross over (crisis on earth x). If this is achieved won't it be possible for anybody to kill superman and hence putting a dent in the claim that only superman can beat superman
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by obonujoker(m): 1:59pm On Dec 05, 2017
Can Supergirl defeat superman??

Cuz Batman said something as such.....
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by xamuell: 12:18pm On Nov 18, 2019
kollinz1234:
Dc movies are for children while Marvel movies are for matured minds (talk about X-men) Marvel is an upgrade to D.C. My opinion though
ummm. No man no. D.c has a much more darker theme. Less comic relief(except shazam though). More life lessons in dc etc.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by chiboy1116: 5:29pm On Nov 20, 2019
Sultan5:

they are all shitty abeg
Re: Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? by Sultan5(m): 7:07pm On Nov 20, 2019
chiboy1116:
they are all shitty abeg

You are right undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BBNaija: Why I Feel I’ll Be Evicted Tonight – Queen / Omashola: "I Am Ready To Mingle With Venita, I Will Cry If I Get Evicted" / Pharmsavi Evicted From The Big Brother Naija House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.