Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,442 members, 7,823,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Spousal Extortion and emotional torture. help! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Spousal Extortion and emotional torture. help! (1184 Views)

How To Create And Emotional Connection With A Lady / This Is How Selfish Wives Manipulate And Torture Husbands In Marriages!! (photo) / Please How Do I Rescue My Elder Sister From This Torture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spousal Extortion and emotional torture. help! by SmartchoiceNGR: 12:07pm On Nov 26, 2017
My colleague at work was complaining to me about his wife's attitude when I challenged him on association with another lady.

He confessed to being in a steady relationship with the lady. And narrated his story thus:

His wife monitors his income and wages a war against him until she's collected 95% of it!

The latest... He got a commission of a million naira and gave the wife 720k... 200k to his assistant... Then 15k to Chioma the girlfriend.. and some other sundry expenses which he listed in a piece of paper. The wife found this paper in the car and started quarrelling over his decision to compensate the assistant despite her stance against such...as he's paid a monthly salary. Then became verbally violent on seeing the name Chioma who got 15k!
The man also complained of sexually demeaning attitudes towards him that has robbed him of confidence and that all the money he's been putting in family business.. he's always been afraid to ask for accounts or even an amount when he's broke....

I told him two things:
A. Having a girlfriend is not the solution.
B. He's creating a monster in the wife
Asked him if he's trying to buy happiness in his own home?

Romancelanders kindly help my colleague out. He's reading the thread.
Lastly the wife is pushing him to make fast money from his work place!

SmartchoiceNGR:
The last straw was the outburst of the wife in response to a quarrel between the younger sister and her husband.

She the wife was shouting at the top of her voice that "no man can try such with her... because she'll punish him severely"
The sister's mother-in-law responded that they know... because her husband (my colleague) is always looking like a Bedford headlamp... Just because she's subdued him.
The people around bursted into laughter... and he felt very embarrassed.... There and then he purposed to take his power back.... hence the girlfriend to act as an anchor.
I will keep updating as I remember
Re: Spousal Extortion and emotional torture. help! by NwaAmaikpe: 12:08pm On Nov 26, 2017
shocked

I am not a romancelander, but I will help;

First, your post lacks needed information for necessary critical evaluation and analysis. However, I'd try with the limited info presented.

Secondly, your friend is being unfair to his sidechick Chioma. She is his getaway, the one he runs to because of his non-understanding and unsupportive wife.
Yet he gave his wife who is a thorn in his flesh; 720k and gave Chioma a paltry 15k.
He is about turning Chioma to a monster if she ever finds out she is under-appreciated.

Thirdly, your friend should be more discreet with his affairs. Some of us have mutliple partners and no one knows but us. No notes, no papers. If you must play, then play it like a pro.

Lastly, egbon mind your business!!!.
Allow your friend to pursue happiness however he deems it fit. Before you start to form 'holy-holy', remove the log of wood in your eye before trying to assist him take out the speck of dust.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Spousal Extortion and emotional torture. help! by dingbang(m): 12:09pm On Nov 26, 2017
What's the wife's contribution ? Has she ever contributed a dime ? Isn't his money being used to cater for the family?
Re: Spousal Extortion and emotional torture. help! by SmartchoiceNGR: 12:10pm On Nov 26, 2017
dingbang:
What's the wife's contribution ? Has she ever contributed a dime ? Isn't his money being used to cater for the family?
Wife works in the local government offices. Man claims he gives everything back home. And when he's broke the business buys foodstuffs at home. Only foodstuffs.
Re: Spousal Extortion and emotional torture. help! by dingbang(m): 12:13pm On Nov 26, 2017
SmartchoiceNGR:

Wife works in the local government offices. Man claims he gives everything back home. And when he's broke the business buys foodstuffs at home. Only foodstuffs.
so? I asked what has she contributed financially..
Re: Spousal Extortion and emotional torture. help! by SmartchoiceNGR: 12:17pm On Nov 26, 2017
dingbang:
so? I asked what has she contributed financially..

I can't say. But the man claims he also sponsors her younger sister in school. @200k per session. According to him he asks for nothing from her.
Re: Spousal Extortion and emotional torture. help! by dingbang(m): 12:19pm On Nov 26, 2017
SmartchoiceNGR:

I can't say. But the man claims he also sponsors her younger sister in school. @200k per session. According to him he asks for nothing from her.
so why is she now getting all fierce... Some tigeress we marry as wives though.. He should be a man and shut her up... See I don't like when women take advantage of chances.. They just abuse it.
Re: Spousal Extortion and emotional torture. help! by Evablizin(f): 12:21pm On Nov 26, 2017
shocked
Re: Spousal Extortion and emotional torture. help! by SmartchoiceNGR: 12:22pm On Nov 26, 2017
The last straw was the outburst of the wife in response to a quarrel between the younger sister and her husband.

She the wife was shouting at the top of her voice that "no man can try such with her... because she'll punish him severely"
The sister's mother-in-law responded that they know... because her husband (my colleague) is always looking like a Bedford headlamp... Just because she's subdued him.
The people around bursted into laughter... and he felt very embarrassed.... There and then he purposed to take his power back.... hence the girlfriend to act as an anchor.
Re: Spousal Extortion and emotional torture. help! by NwaAmaikpe: 12:25pm On Nov 26, 2017
SmartchoiceNGR:

shocked

I can't help but conclude that you and this 'colleague' are the same person.

How can an unconcerned third-party have this much first-hand information and ready answers to questions only your colleague should know?

May the Lord give you the fortitude to walk out on such a dysfunctional marriage.
Marriage is overrated.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spousal Extortion and emotional torture. help! by SmartchoiceNGR: 12:25pm On Nov 26, 2017
dingbang:
so why is she now getting all fierce... Some tigeress we marry as wives though.. He should be a man and shut her up... See I don't like when women take advantage of chances.. They just abuse it.
She feels they should be better placed in life... and recently reconnected with an exboyfriend having a marital crisis.
Re: Spousal Extortion and emotional torture. help! by SmartchoiceNGR: 12:26pm On Nov 26, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
Now imagine you're the one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spousal Extortion and emotional torture. help! by dingbang(m): 12:32pm On Nov 26, 2017
SmartchoiceNGR:

She feels they should be better placed in life... and recently reconnected with an exboyfriend having a marital crisis.
she is only spoiling her marriage as far as I am concerned...
Re: Spousal Extortion and emotional torture. help! by SmartchoiceNGR: 12:35pm On Nov 26, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

How can an unconcerned third-party have this much first-hand information and ready answers to questions only your colleague should know?

May the Lord give you the fortitude to walk out on such a dysfunctional marriage.
Marriage is overrated.
Check out my posts on nairaland and decide if I can do such!
Re: Spousal Extortion and emotional torture. help! by SmartchoiceNGR: 12:37pm On Nov 26, 2017
dingbang:
she is only spoiling her marriage as far as I am concerned...
And the guy too. His financier just gave him a muscle Camry as his work car...yet she is asking him to make fast money sharp sharp
Re: Spousal Extortion and emotional torture. help! by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 26, 2017
I don't get it, is having a side chick now a norm for married men?
Re: Spousal Extortion and emotional torture. help! by sabaka: 5:11am On Nov 28, 2017
See ur life. We both know ur d one in dis situation. Y u no wait till 12am to curse or reply or do something. Old fool
Re: Spousal Extortion and emotional torture. help! by sabaka: 5:12am On Nov 28, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Marriage is overrated.
Of course dey are d same person. This man is an old deluded fool
Re: Spousal Extortion and emotional torture. help! by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 28, 2017
But where is lalasticlala sef? Day don break oh
Re: Spousal Extortion and emotional torture. help! by ashjay001(m): 10:02am On Nov 28, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I am not a romancelander, but I will help;

First, your post lacks needed information for necessary critical evaluation and analysis. However, I'd try with the limited info presented.

Secondly, your friend is being unfair to his sidechick Chioma. She is his getaway, the one he runs to because of his non-understanding and unsupportive wife.
Yet he gave his wife who is a thorn in his flesh; 720k and gave Chioma a paltry 15k.
He is about turning Chioma to a monster if she ever finds out she is under-appreciated.

Thirdly, your friend should be more discreet with his affairs. Some of us have mutliple partners and no one knows but us. No notes, no papers. If you must play, then play it like a pro.

Lastly, egbon mind your business!!!.
Allow your friend to pursue happiness however he deems it fit. Before you start to form 'holy-holy', remove the log of wood in your eye before trying to assist him take out the speck of dust.

Why am I not surprised a bigot understands yoruba!

Inbtw, Chioma is just bidding her time! She knows who he is n how to handle him, but, she needs a foothold, first!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My FRIEND Looses Confidence Cos He Believe He's UGLY / BBN Star Uriel And Actress Anita Joseph In Bikini (photos) / How To Burst A Cheat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.