Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,892 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years (19649 Views)

Man Brags, Posts Wife's Bloody Photos After Beating Her To Pulp (graphic) / Temitope Mustapha Mobbed During Kaduna Crisis, Shares Her Survival Story. Photos / Domestic Violence Victim Thanks Ambode For Financing Her Surgery (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years by Angelanest: 1:05pm On Nov 27, 2017
Mercy Makinde, a seasoned entrepreneur, writer, speaker, has bared her mind about domestic violence after revealing she was a victim 10 years ago. The CEO of IASPIRE RADIO, who is now a victor according to her - took to her Facebook page to share her transformation photos as she wrote the below words;

Years ago I was a Victim today I AM A VICTOR! It took 10 years for me to heal...10 years to find myself!

Yes, the damage of Violence is long term and grave and can leave you permanently scared. The trauma could last a life time!

I am just one out of the lot! Yes, many women still suffer Domestic violence because it remains widespread and is often considered "socially acceptable” in Nigeria. This is the reason family, friends and even some religious bodies do not see domestic violence as such a big deal.

They would even say it is the fault of the woman. She would be advised to keep her tongue in check, as that is often the factor that ignites the provocation of an abuser from the standpoint of an average Nigerian.

The truth is, Domestic violence is an organic behavior; there is no direct cause. Victims often blamed themselves, as they are often times made to believe they are the cause. So they always have to walk on eggshells, as inconsequential infractions would often lead to unwarranted agitation and eventual pummeling.

But Domestic Violence IS NOT A RESULT OF PROVOCATION. I’m writing this in capital letters and I hope it sinks in! Violence and Abuse is a tool used to enforce control and fear in a relationship or marriage and not a momentary expression of anger.

So it is not about what the women did it is more about the way abusers are…just like you don’t have to do anything to be raped by a rapist!

These are men who have lost control of their senses and are overwhelmed at the slightest provocation.

So stop judging victims by saying they were battered because of an imagined, perceived or rumored wrong or asking them annoying questions like “what did you do that made him beat you”. Questions like these are kind of unintelligent and insensitive.

There is NO EXCUSE for Violence Against Women. And yes, no excuse for violence against men either.
Don't justify it....don't judge them!

I am a Victim turned Victor ready to help other victims. Join in , let's make a difference!

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/11/lady-shares-transformation-photos-victim-domestic-violence-years-ago.html

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years by haywire07(m): 1:08pm On Nov 27, 2017
I totally hate men that hit women and Infact, I could turn the fight to my own personal matter but

What makes a man more of a coward?
It's his inability to speak out . He doesn't want to be seeing as weakling.

All this women are always quick to posts cases of domestic violence and all those crappy rape stories , but what about the men? Don't we suffer the same?
Women would call theirs "rape" but when the man is the victim they say "seduce". Is it basically because the man has the piston?

Abeg , enoff of all this biased violence against women sh*t jor , we all are victims .

28 Likes

Re: Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years by izaray(f): 1:17pm On Nov 27, 2017
Nice one
Re: Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years by dhope001(m): 2:51pm On Nov 27, 2017
Domestic violence is an emotional battle of the soul that affect but both physical and spiritual life. It takes longer time to heal... when two opposite people come together it takes effort of both parties, not one party for them not to experience it. *Strong man doesn't hit his wife, while wise wife doesn't provoke her own husband.*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years by brainpulse: 2:51pm On Nov 27, 2017
Domestic violence against both the male and female should be discouraged and dealt with on same level. A man killed his wife was sentenced to death, while a woman killed her husband was sentenced to 7 years.

It takes a strong heart not to react when ones wife drives you mad and to the peak of your anger. A woman's scorn its like a nail or thorn driven through your skin and horse whip tearing the flesh of your pride as a man. At that moment a man MUST take a work and live that environment.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years by wildcatter23(m): 2:51pm On Nov 27, 2017
On domestic violence, I think both parties are culpable. Most times fleeing the scene would be wise but most times the tempers flaring could get one guilty of a physical assault.

In theory, couples should not pursue anger but calmly talk these issues over.
Talk, talk and more talk would be the way out.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years by dkronicle(m): 2:51pm On Nov 27, 2017
That man wey dem pur hot water for north, which year him and e new wife go heal?

4 Likes

Re: Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years by ladeb: 2:51pm On Nov 27, 2017
hmmm...tips to make ur self adorable at first sight https://portalviewz..com.ng/2017/11/8-tips-for-how-to-make-yourself-more.html
Re: Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years by Andrewgame42: 2:51pm On Nov 27, 2017
Don't know why I find the first face funny
Re: Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years by dakeskese(m): 2:52pm On Nov 27, 2017
Hmmm...
Since dem born me, I never vex sotey I fyt person before.

Thus;
I can never be an abuser.

But in case the woman mouth too sharp; I go jux rent new house somewhere.

5 Likes

Re: Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years by UbanmeUdie: 2:52pm On Nov 27, 2017
shocked

Really?

So it took a whole decade for your black eye to disappear.

You must have been using fake and substandard bleaching creams. Next time, contact bobrisky asap!

3 Likes

Re: Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years by coldsummer: 2:53pm On Nov 27, 2017
Say no to domestic violence and mental abuse.

It's not just from men. Women do abuse men physically and mentally too.

Violence is never the answer

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years by binsanni(m): 2:53pm On Nov 27, 2017
hmmm
Re: Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years by Florblu(f): 2:53pm On Nov 27, 2017
Thank God for the healing.

Let's get this straight: it is not okay to hit women.

Nothing justifies being abused by a person who is supposed to love you

#WeAreStrong
Re: Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years by Heywhizzy(m): 2:54pm On Nov 27, 2017
The first pic looks fabricated though,some make up stuff

That aside domestic violence is bad and unjustifiable
Re: Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years by SportBlogger(m): 2:54pm On Nov 27, 2017
Wonder shall never end

Re: Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years by free2ryhme: 2:55pm On Nov 27, 2017
Angelanest:
Mercy Makinde, a seasoned entrepreneur, writer, speaker, has bared her mind about domestic violence after revealing she was a victim 10 years ago. The CEO of IASPIRE RADIO, who is now a victor according to her - took to her Facebook page to share her transformation photos as she wrote the below words;

Years ago I was a Victim today I AM A VICTOR! It took 10 years for me to heal...10 years to find myself!

Yes, the damage of Violence is long term and grave and can leave you permanently scared. The trauma could last a life time!

I am just one out of the lot! Yes, many women still suffer Domestic violence because it remains widespread and is often considered "socially acceptable” in Nigeria. This is the reason family, friends and even some religious bodies do not see domestic violence as such a big deal.

They would even say it is the fault of the woman. She would be advised to keep her tongue in check, as that is often the factor that ignites the provocation of an abuser from the standpoint of an average Nigerian.

The truth is, Domestic violence is an organic behavior; there is no direct cause. Victims often blamed themselves, as they are often times made to believe they are the cause. So they always have to walk on eggshells, as inconsequential infractions would often lead to unwarranted agitation and eventual pummeling.

But Domestic Violence IS NOT A RESULT OF PROVOCATION. I’m writing this in capital letters and I hope it sinks in! Violence and Abuse is a tool used to enforce control and fear in a relationship or marriage and not a momentary expression of anger.

So it is not about what the women did it is more about the way abusers are…just like you don’t have to do anything to be raped by a rapist!

These are men who have lost control of their senses and are overwhelmed at the slightest provocation.

So stop judging victims by saying they were battered because of an imagined, perceived or rumored wrong or asking them annoying questions like “what did you do that made him beat you”. Questions like these are kind of unintelligent and insensitive.

There is NO EXCUSE for Violence Against Women. And yes, no excuse for violence against men either.
Don't justify it....don't judge them!

I am a Victim turned Victor ready to help other victims. Join in , let's make a difference!

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/11/lady-shares-transformation-photos-victim-domestic-violence-years-ago.html

Mercy makinde you have tried
Re: Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years by kulqer(m): 2:55pm On Nov 27, 2017
izaray:
Nice one
Re: Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years by Otokoto1: 2:56pm On Nov 27, 2017
Lol sorry
Re: Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years by Ezumakingsley(m): 2:56pm On Nov 27, 2017
Learn to be meek and humble of heart and you will never experience violence of any kind.
Re: Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years by Russianruble: 2:56pm On Nov 27, 2017
Just look at those lethal lips and chubby cheeks kiss instead of beating her I will punish her with my schlong wink I will rub just the mushroom tip on her slimmy snail before burying the shaft deep down cool I will not creampiee but pour all the 2 litres akamu inside her mouth shocked
Re: Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years by policy12: 2:57pm On Nov 27, 2017
Now the table has turn around na who women they kill man, na dem they pour hot water on their hubby. Yet no one is shouting domestic violence or inhumane all NGO voice are gaped and ink no longer flow in the journalist pen.

People forget men are human..

6 Likes

Re: Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years by Uyi168: 2:58pm On Nov 27, 2017
brainpulse:
Domestic violence against both the male and female should be discouraged and dealt with on same level. A man killed his wife was sentenced to death, while a woman killed her husband was sentenced to 7 years.
Not fair!

1 Like

Re: Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years by SNIPER123: 2:58pm On Nov 27, 2017
embarassed
Re: Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years by esbjaygmailco(m): 2:58pm On Nov 27, 2017
dakeskese:
Hmmm...
Since dem born me, I never vex sotey I fyt person before.

Thus;
I can never be an abuser.

But in case the woman mouth too sharp; I go jux rent new house somewhere.
wait till you marry first
Re: Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years by TweezyR(f): 2:58pm On Nov 27, 2017
Most times its as a result of being drunk, inability to control temperament and not being tolerant..

Men are stronger while women are weaker vessels this is the reason why they use weapons as self defence

Shun domestic violence in both sides..
Be submissive#tolerant#helpful# above all be prayerful..prayer is the masterKey
Re: Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years by kishbee41(m): 3:00pm On Nov 27, 2017
You talk well,plenty oil dey your head
haywire07:
I totally hate men that hit women and Infact, I could turn the fight to my own personal matter but

What makes a man more of a coward?
It's his inability to speak out . He doesn't want to be seeing as weakling.

All this women are always quick to posts cases of domestic violence and all those crappy rape stories , but what about the men? Don't we suffer the same?
Women would call theirs "rape" but when the man is the victim they say "seduce". Is it basically because the man has the piston?

Abeg , enoff of all this biased violence against women sh*t jor , we all are victims .
Re: Mercy Makinde: Domestic Violence Victim Shares Her Story & Photos After 10 Years by asawanathegreat(m): 3:00pm On Nov 27, 2017
Who is in charge of taking action of domestic violence against man?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vigilante Group And Thieves Clash In Yenagoa, Properties Destroyed (Photos) / Boy Who Was Kidnapped And Sold For N800K, Found. Photos / Poice Sergeant Robs Ladies In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.