Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years (49464 Views)

Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! / Oyediran Joseph, Wanted By FBI, Arrested In Ilorin - EFCC (Photos) / Yewande Osunsanya Goes Missing In London (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by stagger: 2:38pm On Nov 27, 2017
7 years, meanwhile Oscar Pistorius got 13 years and 5 months on top the 2 years he has already spent.

1 Like

Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by dominique(f): 2:40pm On Nov 27, 2017
I weak for our justice system o. Another classic example that justice is for the poor and those that don't have connections.

Someone that waited for her husband to fall asleep before stabbing him on the neck, yet they call that manslaughter? What she commited was 101% premeditated murder and she deserves life imprisonment or death penalty.
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by Godfullsam(m): 2:40pm On Nov 27, 2017
in Nigeria, the higher d crime d lighter d punishment

2 Likes

Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by Centurion04: 2:41pm On Nov 27, 2017
Only 7years? shocked shocked Or could it be because she is a lawyer? Well, that's to show the level of bias in our Criminal justice system . Our judges need to act more professional!
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by gozzlin: 2:41pm On Nov 27, 2017
Travesty of justice. Only in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by joenor(m): 2:44pm On Nov 27, 2017
Na wah oo, the rate women dey take men down tru stabbing, are we safe?

1 Like

Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by sirrespect14(m): 2:45pm On Nov 27, 2017
Nice... Justice. Lesson to D other ledys around.
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by linearity: 2:46pm On Nov 27, 2017
MrMoney007:
Can we just close down the law school.

it's obvious the set of judges we have in Nigeria are more useless than used diapers.

This is not even an attempted murder, this is MURDER. a premeditated one at that.

After three years, she will be released based on good conducts. ONIRANU!!!

It is not a Judge issue...Judges have sentencing guidelines as dictated by the law passed down from our legislators.

She was charged with manslaughter, which is a crime with less penalties compare to murder. I see either a prosecutorial collision with the defense here or the Prosecution felt that, they don’t have enough evidence to prevail on a murder charge.

Also note that, this is Nigeria and sometimes families would like to move on, especially when kids are involved, it is not uncommon for the family of the deceased to resolve things with the family of the defendant and both would approach the Prosecution and advice on a lesser charge. Even in the US, where most times they want justice to take its due course, agreements/deals like these are not uncommon.
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by juman(m): 2:46pm On Nov 27, 2017
Hmmmm

Men becoming endangered species in nigeria.

"Women empowerment".
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by nkemdi89(f): 2:47pm On Nov 27, 2017
Fair enough, after all its not murder.
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by blackpanda: 2:47pm On Nov 27, 2017
AngelicBeing:
The administration of justice and the punishment system in Nigeria is a joke, a poor man steals biscuits and he is sentenced to 20years in jail, while all the wicked politicians who stole billions are given lighter sentence or plea bargain, how can you sentence a killer to 7years in jail, what kind of useless jungle called Nigeria, oh well, I agree with those who call the country a zoo and a jungle, nonsense sad

were u there?? Do u know the facts of the case?? Are you the prosecutor
My dear relax
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by thunder74(m): 2:51pm On Nov 27, 2017
The court will only adjudicate and deliver judgement based on the evidence before her. It is court of justice and court of emotions.
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by Ezumakingsley(m): 2:51pm On Nov 27, 2017
[quote author=Aduksade post=62761009]Wow!! Just 7 years pere.. na wah [/quote

i throw way salut for nigerian system of corruption

2 Likes

Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by juman(m): 2:51pm On Nov 27, 2017
If you kill your partner you deserved to be killed.
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by kizyalex10(m): 2:51pm On Nov 27, 2017
What do u expect.d woman was working with d Dpp nd have seen almost all types of cases nd know their loopholes.so she used her experience to beat d law.u won't see women condemn d act.they see domestic violence as evil but they have taken a step further by committing domestic murder.trying to copy the western world have really messed our cool traditional ways up.our once happy home have been turned to shambles when ladies have embraced gender equality.and re whitewashed by what they see in the television.a woman watching TV while d man is in d kitchen cooking or washing clothes.am nt saying a man can't assist the woman but it should be done out of free will.women value how flashy their wedding will look and not how long it will last.am thinking of settling down soon but with these story iam hearing.am getting scared.and I can't marry a white woman either.God help us

1 Like

Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by jimcaddy(m): 2:54pm On Nov 27, 2017
What a stupid judgement. It seems this woman has serious leg oo. How can the punishment for manslaughter be just 7 years imprisonment. What sort of judgement is this. The Prosecuting counsel should reject the judgement. 7 Years is too ridiculous. This is a country where someone who stole has been sentenced to death, talkless of killing a whole human being in cold blood and getting away with it. So much corruption in the judiciary, the last hope of the common man.

1 Like

Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by ashjay001(m): 2:54pm On Nov 27, 2017
MrMoney007:

it's obvious the set of judges we have in Nigeria are more useless than used diapers.

This is not even an attempted murder, this is MURDER. a premeditated one at that.

Her Dad is a retired judge n she is also a lawyer in that same jurisdiction!

The judgement na to comot pple eye from d matter!
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 27, 2017
nkemdi89:

I took a screenshot of your pic so that if I meet you I can walk away.

Upcoming manslaughter detected

2 Likes

Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by kullozone(m): 2:56pm On Nov 27, 2017
nkemdi89:

Not murder, right? Is the man still alive? Y'all should stop this "manslaughter" shii.

Some women wickedness cup don full dey troway.
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by basic23111: 2:57pm On Nov 27, 2017
e no go beta for that judge

1 Like

Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by thunder74(m): 2:58pm On Nov 27, 2017
MrMoney007:

You talked with so much with anger on things you no nothing or little about.
Bros it is not your line, judicial adjudication has rules and once some conditions are not present in the evidence for the charge of murder presented by the prosecutor, the court is bound to try and convict her on a lesser charge of manslaughter suo muto

Assignment
Look for the meaning of actus reus and mens rea

1 Like

Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by asawanathegreat(m): 2:58pm On Nov 27, 2017
That is not enough for her, they make it 20years
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by asawanathegreat(m): 2:58pm On Nov 27, 2017
That is not enough for her, they should make it 20years
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by kingthreat(m): 2:59pm On Nov 27, 2017
Please let them free the banker that murdered and cut his wife to pieces. This is madness.
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by Antipob777(f): 3:00pm On Nov 27, 2017
Lets not condemn the judge and the sentence.

I suspect the families have brokered a deal, hence the short sentence imprisonment.

This is just the bitter truth.
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by 8stargeneral: 3:00pm On Nov 27, 2017
So death penalty is not for d killer's again...hmmm,our judges i adore my cap for una.
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by PrinceGallant: 3:00pm On Nov 27, 2017
Indeed, this judgement is a crime in itself. But if one can read between the lines, one will see that the accused is a lawyer, thus the case is "awo ni n gb'awo n gbunwo", lawyer and judge are one

1 Like

Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by eyinjuege: 3:00pm On Nov 27, 2017
Only 7 years?

This one is strong o.

Staying in an abusive marriage isn't worth it. If you die, your killer will only move on to the next victim
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by thunder74(m): 3:00pm On Nov 27, 2017
ashjay001:

Her Dad is a retired judge n she is also a lawyer in that same jurisdiction!

The judgement na to comot pple eye from d matter!
Get your facts right sir, her dad is a pastor not a judge. She is my colleague at least I know her continuously for 5 years we spent in the University. She is a very quiet lady. K'esu ma f'owo s'oro wa
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by itehsundayekunk: 3:02pm On Nov 27, 2017
Is one of the demerit of studying Governmwnt in school.My teacher taught us military rule in Nigeria today and he almost finished all the english by Wole Soyinka.Oh!I just remembered that I was hungry. let me go and eat before I will read and comment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Saudi Executes Indonesian Maid For Killing Employer During Rape Attack(Pic) / Gracious David West: Ladies Recount Encounter With Port Harcourt Serial Killer / EndSARS: Lady Hit By Police Stray Bullet In 2008 Protests In Wheelchair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.