Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,727 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years (49465 Views)

Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! / Oyediran Joseph, Wanted By FBI, Arrested In Ilorin - EFCC (Photos) / Yewande Osunsanya Goes Missing In London (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 27, 2017
tofolo:
And after 3 and half years she would be free?
Don't mind the eediots.
If na man they would charge him for MURDER
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by munas: 3:03pm On Nov 27, 2017
AngelicBeing:
The administration of justice and the punishment system in Nigeria is a joke, a poor man steals biscuits and he is sentenced to 20years in jail, while all the wicked politicians who stole billions are given lighter sentence or plea bargain, how can you sentence a killer to 7years in jail, what kind of useless jungle called Nigeria, oh well, I agree with those who call the country a zoo and a jungle, nonsense sad

You are just blabing nonsense...

You and most people like you are not well informed.This light sentence can be given to anybody in any part of the world that was able to convict the jury thats its a case of manslaughter and not murder.Its not an issue or Nigeria or whatsoever.
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by Sheila94(f): 3:04pm On Nov 27, 2017
Nawa oooo
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by Charly68: 3:04pm On Nov 27, 2017
My prayer is that whoever give this type of disastrous judgement will experience the same fate of the disease as God liveth ..they don't even have conscience again . .So where is the justice at the temple of justice? Where is the deterrent factor..? Abba !
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 27, 2017
Godfullsam:
in Nigeria, the higher d crime d lighter d punishment
U have said it all.

Best wishes
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by kokomilala(m): 3:07pm On Nov 27, 2017
On the face of it,I think the sentence is too light.And how did a murder charge become man slaughter? But who knows how her counsel argued her case.The late husband's family could argue against it and more years could be added to her sentence,as happened in the Oscar,The Blade Runner's case in South Africa last week.
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by Yinkaotunba123: 3:07pm On Nov 27, 2017
Corrupt judges, I am surprised Buhari is descending on them.
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by Augiiee(m): 3:07pm On Nov 27, 2017
ekems2017:
Seven years imprisonment for killing someone and life imprisonment for stealling yam and plantain. Our judges dey try wel wel.
The worst part is that she could still retain her employment status as a lawyer when she gets out. Just imagine such individuals being members our judicial system #NaijaInTrouble
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by Fransbrilluk(m): 3:08pm On Nov 27, 2017
miqos03:
end time wife
end time judge sef
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by OliveCynosure(f): 3:09pm On Nov 27, 2017
7years? OmG
Our judicial system is a joke. How in the world would they sentence her to 7years imprisonment, this is Murder not manslaughter for goodness sake. cry
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 27, 2017
The fraudulent judgement started from the DPP who charged her for manslaughter instead of pure Murder.

1 Like

Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by OliveCynosure(f): 3:10pm On Nov 27, 2017
kokomilala:
On the face of it,I think the sentence is too light.And how did a murder charge become man slaughter? But who knows how her counsel argued her case.The late husband's family could argue against it and more years could be added to her sentence,as happened in the Oscar,The Blade Runner's case in South Africa last week.
This is Nigeria...I hope so too
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by hatchy(f): 3:11pm On Nov 27, 2017
Chisos

Just 7 years imprisonment.
If na so, I dey go kill those people that I hate so much.

Where is Lalasticlala, you are the first to go. After all na 7 years sef.
grin grin
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by MrMoney007: 3:12pm On Nov 27, 2017
thunder74:

You talked with so much with anger on things you no nothing or little about.
Bros it is not your line, judicial adjudication has rules and once some conditions are not present in the evidence for the charge of murder presented by the prosecutor, the court is bound to try and convict her on a lesser charge of manslaughter suo muto

Assignment
Look for the meaning of actus reus and mens rea

I will look for the meaning when your wife kills you. kangaroo justice system, I'm sure you're one of those lying machines

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by cedeki(m): 3:13pm On Nov 27, 2017
This is pathetic or is it because she a lawyer and works with ministry of Justice. The justice system of Nigeria is gradually encouraging an eye for eye method of justice, if you kill my relatives and justice is not well melted then I take laws into my hand avenge personally

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by obatoro: 3:14pm On Nov 27, 2017
Murder or manslaughter? This country self.

Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by Vatsyayana: 3:15pm On Nov 27, 2017
They won't appeal because she was a prosecutor at their ministry of Justice.. .
Gloryr:
They should appeal this judgment... Or is it because she is a woman??

Just 7yrs....she will serve the short term, come out relocate and start life a fresh while the man is lying stone cold in his grave.

Men are gradually becoming endangered in this country... Education and civilization has spoilt alot of things sha.
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by lazygal: 3:16pm On Nov 27, 2017
ekems2017:
Seven years imprisonment for killing someone and life imprisonment for stealling yam and plantain. Our judges dey try wel wel.

I think her colleagues weighed in ..I remember this case I remember he standing akimbo you won't even know she had killed someone she was standing as if listening to people discuss ....
This case should be appeal for higher punishment and she should be disbarred ...its like Maryam sanda case she stabbed him,he went to hospital and came back he was advised not to go back home but he did ...
That wasn't her first time of attacking him
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by thunder74(m): 3:17pm On Nov 27, 2017
MrMoney007:

I will look for the meaning when your wife kills you. kangaroo justice system, I'm sure you're one of those lying machines
I am sorry sir. I thought I could help you. Wish I had known....
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by thunder74(m): 3:19pm On Nov 27, 2017
lazygal:

I think her colleagues weighed in ..I remember this case I remember he standing akimbo you won't even know she had killed someone she was standing as if listening to people discuss ....
This case should be appeal for higher punishment and she should be disbarred ...its like Maryam sanda case she stabbed him,he went to hospital and came back he was advised not to go back home but he did ...
That wasn't her first time of attacking him
She doesn't need to be debarred. Unfortunately, she can't practice law against as an ex-convict
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 27, 2017
cedeki:
This is pathetic or is it because she a lawyer and works with ministry of Justice. The justice system of Nigeria is gradually encouraging an eye for eye method of justice, if you kill my relatives and justice is not well melted then I take laws into my hand avenge personally

I have actually been thinking along this lines. Why do I need the government? They do nothing for me. Not job, not security, nothing. Now look at this, the lady will be in one nice cell with ac and fridge and internet access. It will be like she is on retreat.

If you Bleep with me I will handle my matter alone.
Bleep the government.

1 Like

Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by perry1988(m): 3:20pm On Nov 27, 2017
This country is a joke i need to leave to save my future and my children future

1 Like

Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by lazygal: 3:20pm On Nov 27, 2017
munas:

You are just blabing nonsense...

You and most people like you are not well informed.This light sentence can be given to anybody in any part of the world that was able to convict the jury thats its a case of manslaughter and not murder.Its not an issue or Nigeria or whatsoever.

We don't have a juror system here..as far am concerned the prosecutor didn't do their job well for the simple reason that they might be colleagues or friend with her colleagues who weighed in to assist ..
That case was as clear as day light ...manslaughter do I know the facts of the case ?
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by lazygal: 3:23pm On Nov 27, 2017
thunder74:

She doesn't need to be debarred. Unfortunately, she can't practice law against as an ex-convict

Under the extent laws in Nigeria, a lawyer whose name is on the roll of legal practitioners may get disbarred if he is convicted by any court in Nigeria having power to impose a sentence of imprisonment or the offense is incompatible with the status of a legal practitioner.
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by toprealman: 3:24pm On Nov 27, 2017
Wonder what how the term precedence fits into our legal practice.
Some years back, a banker killed his wife and he was sentenced to death. Now another death from a mentally deranged wogully wife...externally and internally, guess what, our apparently learned gentleman gift her with 7yrs......she will be out before the end of 2020.
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by thunder74(m): 3:26pm On Nov 27, 2017
lazygal:

Under the extent laws in Nigeria, a lawyer whose name is on the roll of legal practitioners may get disbarred if he is convicted by any court in Nigeria having power to impose a sentence of imprisonment or the offense is incompatible with the status of a legal practitioner.
That is what I am saying, she is debarred by default.
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by bettyLad(f): 3:27pm On Nov 27, 2017
she's a lawyer nau , what do you expect .she succeeded and defended herself so well ..lawyers are liars .do u know the kind of lie she would ve told in the law court to defend her acts. good luck to her and rip to the husband .in his next world God ll not allow him meet such a delivish woman for a wife
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by queenfav(f): 3:27pm On Nov 27, 2017
No wonder NTA news crew came to Court today. I should have gone to the C. J's court to hear the judgment live! I don't get how her offence was commuted to manslaughter because i witnessed a few of the trial sessions and evidence led was pointing towards murder. The case was in the Chief Justice's court, so i doubt there was bias or foul play . That man is one of the few fair and upright judges I know.
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by AngelicBeing: 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2017
dominique:
I weak for our justice system o. Another classic example that justice is for the poor and those that don't have connections.

Someone that waited for her husband to fall asleep before stabbing him on the neck, yet they call that manslaughter? What she commited was 101% premeditated murder and she deserves life imprisonment or death penalty.
very sensible view and I concur with your position but see the way some people are posting on this issue, what a shame sad
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by ipobarecriminals: 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2017
lipsrsealed undecided embarassed so the one dat killed/ /stabbed her husband yo death and dey use holy book/6 months old lil boy cover face go get 2 yrs abi? una well so

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gracious David West: Ladies Recount Encounter With Port Harcourt Serial Killer / Saudi Executes Indonesian Maid For Killing Employer During Rape Attack(Pic) / EndSARS: Lady Hit By Police Stray Bullet In 2008 Protests In Wheelchair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.