Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years (49424 Views)

Maryam Sanda And Yewande Oyediran Spot The Difference! / Oyediran Joseph, Wanted By FBI, Arrested In Ilorin - EFCC (Photos) / Yewande Osunsanya Goes Missing In London (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by sylve11: 5:27pm On Nov 27, 2017
this is nonsense na cool
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by sisisioge: 5:27pm On Nov 27, 2017
Haaa! For killing a whole human being! Wasn't someone sent to death for stealing phones worth 25k last week? Chai! It is finished! Eni to ku ni ti e gbe! It is well. I'm sure she would be out within the next two years! Fugly killer! May God rest the deceased. For all those that are destined to die in the spouses' hands, may God rest your souls in advance. Whew!

4 Likes

Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by Partnerbiz(f): 5:29pm On Nov 27, 2017
queenfav:
No wonder NTA news crew came to Court today. I should have gone to the C. J's court to hear the judgment live! I don't get how her offence was commuted to manslaughter because i witnessed a few of the trial sessions and evidence led was pointing towards murder. The case was in the Chief Justice's court, so i doubt there was bias or foul play . That man is one of the few fair and upright judges I know.

I thought punishment for manslaughter was life imprisonment? How come we have 7 years?

1 Like

Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by Partnerbiz(f): 5:31pm On Nov 27, 2017
queenfav:
No wonder NTA news crew came to Court today. I should have gone to the C. J's court to hear the judgment live! I don't get how her offence was commuted to manslaughter because i witnessed a few of the trial sessions and evidence led was pointing towards murder. The case was in the Chief Justice's court, so i doubt there was bias or foul play . That man is one of the few fair and upright judges I know.

I thought punishment for manslaughter was life imprisonment? How come this?
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by sisisioge: 5:38pm On Nov 27, 2017
AngelicBeing:
The administration of justice and the punishment system in Nigeria is a joke, a poor man steals biscuits and he is sentenced to 20years in jail, while all the wicked politicians who stole billions are given lighter sentence or plea bargain, how can you sentence a killer to 7years in jail, what kind of useless jungle called Nigeria, oh well, I agree with those who call the country a zoo and a jungle, nonsense sad

They are just indirectly encouraging jungle justice. Next time anything like that happens, I'm sure my Ibadan forks will do the an-eye-for-an-eye immediate justice. Anyone can call it whatever they want since the justice system can not be trusted! Ndi ara!

2 Likes

Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by PDPGuy: 5:40pm On Nov 27, 2017
exlinklodge:
Injustics everywhere

How can this be called mansluaghter - seven years for killing a full flaged human being?

Injustice to the highest order

It is manslaughter because the killing was likely done in “the heat of passion” i.e. she had sufficient provocation to commit the act, and there was no premeditation on her part.

For instance, if she found her husband in bed with another woman, and she got so enraged that she attacked him with a knife which led to his death, a prosecutor would interprete her act as that of manslaughter rather than murder.

Essentially, murder requires premeditation, while manslaughter does not.
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by queenfav(f): 5:47pm On Nov 27, 2017
Partnerbiz:

I thought punishment for manslaughter was life imprisonment? How come this?
It's murder or attempted murder that carries a sentence for life imprisonment or the death penalty. The facts of the case and peculiar circumstances plays a major role in sentencing.
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by AngelicBeing: 5:52pm On Nov 27, 2017
sisisioge:

They are just indirectly encouraging jungle justice. Next time anything like that happens, I'm sure my Ibadan forks will do the an-eye-for-an-eye immediate justice. Anyone can call it whatever they want since the justice system can not be trusted! Ndi ara!
l agree with your position sad
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by macaranta(m): 5:53pm On Nov 27, 2017
Ugly woman....just 7 years? Na wa
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by nautieonline: 5:54pm On Nov 27, 2017
its quite alarming that a lot of Nigerian youth cannot differentiate between murder and manslaughter. The exhibit and evidence presented in the case would have helped to determined which of the two was her offense.

DID YOU KNOW THAT? IF YOU KNOW A PERSON DOWN ON A HIGHWAY AT A HIGH SPEED (Third mainland bridge, Ikorodu, Lagos-Ibadan express way, e.t.c) IT IS NOT MURDER BUT MANSLAUGHTER.

We need to learn more in this country.

www.nautieonline.com
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by mideoladokun: 5:55pm On Nov 27, 2017
AngelicBeing:
The administration of justice and the punishment system in Nigeria is a joke, a poor man steals biscuits and he is sentenced to 20years in jail, while all the wicked politicians who stole billions are given lighter sentence or plea bargain, how can you sentence a killer to 7years in jail, what kind of useless jungle called Nigeria, oh well, I agree with those who call the country a zoo and a jungle, nonsense sad

That's a power of a good lawyer, thi can happen anywhere in the world. A poor man has no money to hire a good lawyer
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by Bimpe29: 6:03pm On Nov 27, 2017
Nigeria judicial system is worse than drinking garri with hot dirty water.
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by budiliscious(f): 6:05pm On Nov 27, 2017
nautieonline:
its quite alarming that a lot of Nigerian youth cannot differentiate between murder and manslaughter. The exhibit and evidence presented in the case would have helped to determined which of the two was her offense.

DID YOU KNOW THAT? IF YOU KNOW A PERSON DOWN ON A HIGHWAY AT A HIGH SPEED (Third mainland bridge, Ikorodu, Lagos-Ibadan express way, e.t.c) IT IS NOT MURDER BUT MANSLAUGHTER.

We need to learn more in this country.

www.nautieonline.com

Mr "I too know", you also need to work on your tenses and use of English in general. I beg, leave Nigeria alone. Haba!
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by FRANKOSKI(m): 6:15pm On Nov 27, 2017
HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE A WOMAN SCORNED.
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by Faithscharms2(f): 6:57pm On Nov 27, 2017
First it was this Lawyer who killed her husband,then that young girl in lagos that stabbed her boyfriend to death with scissors after he celebrated her birthday,then recently maryam sanda killed her husband hmmm..what are some of our ladies turning to?we keep telling you men get a decent partner but you won't hear,you would rather follow slay mama that will slay you.

1 Like

Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by Partnerbiz(f): 6:58pm On Nov 27, 2017
queenfav:
It's murder or attempted murder that carries a sentence for life imprisonment or the death penalty. The facts of the case and peculiar circumstances plays a major role in sentencing.

Hmmm,
the criminal code says life imprisonment naa or is that a maximum punishment that leaves the court with discretion?
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by mkoabiola: 7:41pm On Nov 27, 2017
It was a paddy paddy judgment
She was a friend to d judge bf now cos she was a staff with d ministry of justice
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by jide82(m): 7:48pm On Nov 27, 2017
This is ridiculous. 7 years in jail for killing a fellow himan being...... O lagbara ooo
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by zynzyn(m): 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2017
Realfitbody:

Manslaughter... I was expecting she was going to be in there for sometime longer. But I am sure most men could be scared of ever stepping down the aisle with her.

In Other News
Here Is How Your Smartphone Is Gradually Damaging Your Eyes
http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/11/here-is-how-your-smartphone-is.html

Some eeeediot will still marry her. BET ME!!

She works 4 Min of Injustice. THEY WILL PROTECT THEIR OWN!!
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by zynzyn(m): 8:32pm On Nov 27, 2017
PDPGuy:

It is manslaughter because the killing was likely done in “the heat of passion” i.e. she had sufficient provocation to commit the act, and there was no premeditation on her part.

For instance, if she found her husband in bed with another woman, and she got so enraged that she attacked him with a knife which led to his death, a prosecutor would interprete her act as that of manslaughter rather than murder.

Essentially, murder requires premeditation, while manslaughter does not.

A womao kills her husband while he is sleeping and THERE IS NO PREMEDITATION?!

Anyway, i question the intelligence and commitment of the prosecution lawyer!!
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by buffalowings: 8:42pm On Nov 27, 2017
tofolo:
And after 3 and half years she would be free?
This ur meme sef grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by akon4u: 9:03pm On Nov 27, 2017
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by maasoap(m): 9:08pm On Nov 27, 2017
Gloryr:
They should appeal this judgment... Or is it because she is a woman?

Just 7yrs....she will serve the short term, come out relocate and start life a fresh while the man is lying stone cold in his grave.

Men are gradually becoming endangered in this country... Education and civilization has spoilt alot of things sha.
wildcatter23:
That's just a slap on the wrist for the loss of a human's life.
Men have suddenly become a dying breed in marriages.
AngelicBeing:
tofolo:
And after 3 and half years she would be free?
ekems2017:
Seven years imprisonment for killing someone and life imprisonment for stealling yam and plantain. Our judges dey try wel wel.
Well, the one that killed her husband too in Lagos State over the Loto that her husband played was also given seven years or less. Nothing new, it's a trend. And yes, it is because they are women.
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by ameh99: 9:09pm On Nov 27, 2017
Looking @ all this rubbish one might want to consider jungle justice....

What kind of none sense judges do we have in this country.....

1 Like

Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by lastempero: 9:38pm On Nov 27, 2017
Jungle justice is still d best in this part of the world, wish they could extend it to the politicians too.
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by Sierusvirus(m): 9:41pm On Nov 27, 2017
yeyerolling:
Later pple go say jungle justice is bad. 3.5 years only. Haaa
Bros, jungle justice is the best as regards to punishment for this women. I don't need law court at all
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by BJ0SE(m): 10:11pm On Nov 27, 2017
A very dangerous trend,we are encouraging people to just kill each other in their matrionial home, since I can get 7 years, let me kill this person when I come out I continue my life....... give them 20 years, 25 years or more it'll be a deterent.....naija na wa
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by brojoshua: 10:11pm On Nov 27, 2017
That is not acceptable. That is injustice and slap on justice. Judiciary has come again with its usual thing, corruption. That is perversion of justice. That is not acceptable to us

1 Like

Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by queenfav(f): 10:51pm On Nov 27, 2017
Partnerbiz:

Hmmm,
the criminal code says life imprisonment naa or is that a maximum punishment that leaves the court with discretion?
Not really, but if the prosecution cannot prove the offence beyond reasonable doubt, the court cannot punish the accused with the maximum penalty. So long as a little doubt was created, it works to the advantage of the accused person.
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by DukeNija(m): 11:07pm On Nov 27, 2017
nkemdi89:
Fair enough, after all its not murder.

Please do you have a heart? I hope you don’t have a brother.
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by 2016easy2017: 11:08pm On Nov 27, 2017
cruelty to justice and could make people take laws into their own hand
Re: Yewande Oyediran, Woman Who Killed Her Husband Sentenced To 7 Years by PDPGuy: 11:30pm On Nov 27, 2017
queenfav:
Not really, but if the prosecution cannot prove the offence beyond reasonable doubt, the court cannot punish the accused with the maximum penalty. So long as a little doubt was created, it works to the advantage of the accused person.
And the judge may have taken into account some mitigating factors whilst preparing the verdict. It may have been her first felonious offense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM / Man Kills Pregnant Wife, 2 Daughters & Submerged Bodies In Oil Tank In US (Pics) / Riot Happening Now At Eleme, Rivers State. (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.