Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,675 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:58 AM

How To Get Your Parents To Accept Your Relationship - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Get Your Parents To Accept Your Relationship (21401 Views)

Young 'Emergency Dad' Forced To Accept His Newborn Baby (Photos) / Never Be Bullied To Accept Your Body Is Ugly Or Not Perfect – Plus-Sized Lady / Is It Reasonable To Accept Your Ex Back For A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get Your Parents To Accept Your Relationship by Kentrasso(f): 3:48pm On Dec 19, 2017
femi4:
Most cases, its the mother. You ll hear something like "Femi, my spirit does not flow pelu girl to mu wa le yen"

Exactly. My mom will say she's always afraid when she hears his name or whenever i mention him. me sef start to fear
Re: How To Get Your Parents To Accept Your Relationship by femi4: 3:53pm On Dec 19, 2017
Kentrasso:

Exactly. My mom will say she's always afraid when she hears his name or whenever i mention him. me sef start to fear
Very funny excuses you can't just understand

1 Like

Re: How To Get Your Parents To Accept Your Relationship by twosquare(m): 5:15pm On Dec 19, 2017
Bollinger:

You said parents are 85% correct in whatever advice they give which is not true which is why i said what i said. Their advice is even worse when it comes to relationships because what they like will not be what you like. Well, like you said, it's you opinion.
You are right. Although I understand what Moji12 is trying to convey, but like you said, some of this advice is not entirely true. What parents fail to understand is that times have changed---now, I'm not saying part of what they see ain't relevant. No, but they should know that people of these season has grown in evil wisdom to evade even the best of scrutiny. Even supposed 'good' homes produce bad children who you may never know what those kids are involved in outside of their parent's sight (daughter and son).

After dealing with issue of 1) Good character 2) Compatibility in dreams and future prospects (3) Genotype (4) Tribe (5) Age (6) Religion/Education and if she is a good girl or good guy...you now reject, it can bring about bitterness.

@Moji12, they are not always right....why? the world (spiritually) is getting smarter than the light some of our parents carry. Not that some of those things they say are not relevant, but na the dog of today know how to chase the rabbit of today. They should just give you words of wisdom and ask if you are sure this is the one, give their concerns and tell you to be on the lookout. Don't forget even a sincerely good lady or guy can turn to darkness at any time, even though parent-approved...so you can't be absolutely sure. Na only God will save us.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Your Parents To Accept Your Relationship by Conceptz(m): 7:59pm On Dec 19, 2017
if u take ur lady/guy home and ur parents refuses him/her. Just say no problem.
Few weeks later, bring one ashewo/tout (plan work)home. They ll say no for sure, repeat dis with different wayward girls/guys. Bring pple of bad character several times.
Na ur parents go beg u to bring back dt ur 1st love

1 Like

Re: How To Get Your Parents To Accept Your Relationship by deturla: 9:30am On Dec 23, 2017
DJEhimond:
Good write deturla

Thanks Bruv.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Reason Many Young Men Are Afraid Of Getting Married... / Clothes Is Really Covering Nigeria Girls Yansh Especially The Big Yansh / 14 February 2018: Valentine’s Day, Ash Wednesday Or Soccer Where Will You Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.