Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,894 members, 7,824,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Tips For Christian Married Couples? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tips For Christian Married Couples? (9105 Views)

Need Advice From Married Couples/divorced Women / 6 Arguments All Married Couples Have / A Must Read For The Married Couples And Those Who Will Marry Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips For Christian Married Couples? by Nobody: 2:04am On Feb 24, 2007
For Married Folks Only

How can married Christian couples keep the fire of love burning?
What are tips to make everyday a taste of heaven on earth.

(please no sexually explicit stuff.)
Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by jjuummaaii(f): 10:38pm On Feb 24, 2007
thanx babyosisi, am married too and i know it takes a lot to keep the fire of love burning, one thing i've come to realise is that must couples u see now a days even the christains are not actually havin a gud time in their homes even though lotta couples end up wearin masks. i guess a gud way of keepin the fire burning is UNDERSTANDING & COMPROMISE. couples should be able to understand what each other person wants and doesnt and both parties should be ready to compromise for peace and love to reign
Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by goturback(f): 4:56pm On Feb 28, 2007
u can't hide from the truth! one of the best ways of keeping ur marriage is by satisfying each other sexually (mind blowing sex). and i must confess that an unsatisfying sex life contributes to break up of most marriages. u need to see ur spouse as your confidant also, never ever keep a secret! no matter what
Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by Nobody: 1:56am On Mar 01, 2007
goturback:

u can't hide from the truth! one of the best ways of keeping your marriage is by satisfying each other sexually (mind blowing sex). and i must confess that an unsatisfying sex life contributes to break up of most marriages. u need to see your spouse as your confidant also, never ever keep a secret! no matter what

I agree for the most part but regarding "secrets" there are certain family issues(ones birth family) that your spouse doesn't necessary have to know.
It would not help them but may actually hurt and it would be wise to keep such things to oneself.
Like if your auntie Iyabo says your husband was not the best match for you,you better keep it to yourself.
Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 02, 2007
So right debosky,married folks should not stop dating each other.
Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 02, 2007
i'm not married yet but there's some stuff i learnt from an uncle and aunt i lived with for a while.
- As a man:
1. Give ur wife the freedom to express herself. This may sound odd but the Nigerian culture is one where wives are supposed to be seen and not heard.
2. Be firm at the same time be willing to compromise. Being the head of the home is different froom being the ruler of the home. Women want a head not a ruler.
3. Never stop giving her little surprises, a note here, a word there, a pat on the back, a compliment, honor her in the presence of others. She'll cherish u forever.

As a woman:
1. Now that u're married, this is not the time to slip into sloppy habbits. Men are visual creatures.
2. Respect him, honor him, he wont have a constant need to assert his authority.

1 Like

Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by jjuummaaii(f): 10:28pm On Mar 02, 2007
nice one from an unmarried folk.
Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by ikamefa(f): 10:35pm On Mar 02, 2007
davidylan:

i'm not married yet but there's some stuff i learnt from an uncle and aunt i lived with for a while.
- As a man:
1. Give your wife the freedom to express herself. This may sound odd but the Nigerian culture is one where wives are supposed to be seen and not heard.
2. Be firm at the same time be willing to compromise. Being the head of the home is different froom being the ruler of the home. Women want a head not a ruler.
3. Never stop giving her little surprises, a note here, a word there, a pat on the back, a compliment, honor her in the presence of others. She'll cherish u forever.

As a woman:
1. Now that u're married, this is not the time to slip into sloppy habbits. Men are visual creatures.
2. Respect him, honor him, he wont have a constant need to assert his authority.

true dat!
Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by mukina2: 10:39pm On Mar 02, 2007
babyosis why do you like posting for christian only on most of ur topics . . . . .
Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by Nobody: 2:46am On Mar 03, 2007
please my dear mukina pardon me,do you have any love tips to give from the muslim perspective,you are welcome.
Romance knows no skin color or religion when it's given and received.
We all love to be loved lol

What could a small girl like you know about romance? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by Nobody: 2:49am On Mar 03, 2007
. Now that u're married, this is not the time to slip into sloppy habbits. Men are visual creatures.

david what do you mean by sloppy habits?
I have an idea but please explain further.
Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by Nobody: 2:57am On Mar 03, 2007
babyosisi:

david what do you mean by sloppy habits?
I have an idea but please explain further.

Here is a brief example, when you first started dating how long did it take you to dress for a night out with him? How long does it take you to dress now? Do you still have the desire to look your best for him?
When he would come visiting, you would spend hours making sure your house looked tidy, do you still do the same now that you are married?
How many women dont think twice about leaving stuff lying around the house, forget their shoes in the car, leave their hair undone (hint hint! That's why some nigerians like white women! We love running our hands through well groomed hair! wink )

I once dated a chic whose car was a junk house. That was one big turn off.
Have you suddenly let go of your appearance? Dont car about how you look around the house? Dont forget his secretary is looking hot! He just might get a few ideas. . . wink
Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by Nobody: 3:22am On Mar 03, 2007
davidylan:

Here is a brief example, when you first started dating how long did it take you to dress for a night out with him? How long does it take you to dress now? Do you still have the desire to look your best for him?
When he would come visiting, you would spend hours making sure your house looked tidy, do you still do the same now that you are married?
How many women don't think twice about leaving stuff lying around the house, forget their shoes in the car, leave their hair undone (hint hint! That's why some nigerians like white women! We love running our hands through well groomed hair! wink )
I once dated a chic whose car was a junk house. That was one big turn off.
Have you suddenly let go of your appearance? Dont car about how you look around the house? Dont forget his secretary is looking hot! He just might get a few ideas. . . wink

I felt like stangling you on the highlighted part.
We have  a different type of hair,that does not make it ungroomed.
Does weave and fine wigs count as well groomed?,some hair grow out from the roots,some grow from a polythene bag.
Give us a break

1 Like

Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by Nobody: 3:27am On Mar 03, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
i purposely put that there to wind you up a bit. Glad it worked.
No seriously there is no difference between a Nigerian or American with a well groomed hair. The most important thing is to keep it well maintained.
My last serious relationship was with a Nigerian girl who had a knack for making beautiful weaves. Absolutely lovely!
Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by sisimose(f): 3:30am On Mar 03, 2007
this is too funny, i don't believe it is thesame David i just saw type a sensible post on feminism and others that is now here sayingwhite hair is well groomed.  The hair may be silky smooth unlike our own hair but if you want to talk of grooming then forget white hair. I saw many many things with  my  eyes in halls of residence when i was in uni.Do you know that many of these so called white groomed hair  do not see water for days? please tell me you were just being naughty . No their hair is not better than ours

About the topic.
i think one person took the words right out of my mouth, here it is
debosky:

grin grin grin

@ topic, never get too far into the 'married' mentality, try to keep the atmosphere of courtship, a little romance also helps along the way

women have a big role to play , sometimes we are too involved in playing house and forget our husbands get stimulated by visual senses i.e we got to keep looking good no matter what. that is one advice my auntaunte me. Don't do tshirts and baggy joggers etc lol
Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by Nobody: 3:32am On Mar 03, 2007
errr madam sisimose, pls read my last post. wink
Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by sisimose(f): 3:35am On Mar 03, 2007
i have
Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by Echidime(m): 11:03am On Mar 03, 2007
with this photos you should know how to sleep with your God giving husband.

Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by Echidime(m): 11:24am On Mar 03, 2007
KISSES THAT WILL IMPROVE YOUR LOVE LIFE TILL DEATH DO YOU APART
Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by mukina2: 1:28pm On Mar 03, 2007
babyosisi muslim women are . .well wait i'll post that later for you cheesy

echidime hmm grin cheesy
Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by Echidime(m): 3:30pm On Mar 03, 2007
Mukina2 whats up? don't you love the pictures, you know many women don't really know how to sleep with their GOD giving husband and many men too don't, with those pictures teach your love ones to improve youknow; or what do you think?

I have been trying to post the meaning of different kisses in different part of the body but is not going yet i keep trying
Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by omoge(f): 3:35pm On Mar 03, 2007
How can married Christian couples keep the fire of love  burning?
What are tips to make everyday a taste of heaven on earth.

(please no sexually explicit stuff.)

make good meal for your bobo, try to make sure you both at least eat together (daily) even if only dinner (unless he is away or working late).
do things together, shower, shopping, church, movies, bedside gist even if he sleeps off,  grin. maybe not everything, but try something together.
go on a date, marriage shouldn't end the datings.
Take good care of you wheather you are thin of fat, you can still always look good.
Keep your home clean.

hey there is this ''weekend to remember'' hosted by FamilyLife Ministry, ever heard about it?

Echidime, those pix  grin
Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by Echidime(m): 3:39pm On Mar 03, 2007
with this type of kisses you love will know NO END

Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by titou: 4:16pm On Mar 03, 2007
I give my heart,
my affection,
my devotion,
and adoration
to you.
People say that nothing
lasts forever,
but they're wrong.
Some things are meant
to be,
and I know that
this love
I feel for you will
burn in my soul
for the rest of my life.
I was born to be
with you.
You are my first love,
and my real love;
you are my one and only,
and I give all of my love
to you.
Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by shescute4(f): 12:49am On Mar 04, 2007
RELEASING A DOVE!!!

Echidime, i think u r funny.
i'm not married,i hope to soon anyways so i might as well add that understanding and compromise is required to keep the luv and romance in marriage.
good luck 2 u(married ones) all. wink
Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by omoge(f): 1:19am On Mar 04, 2007
Romance romance romance. Keep romance on.

cheesy
Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by Nobody: 1:51am On Mar 04, 2007
muki muki,I'm yet to hear your own tips.
Isn't there romance in the muslim world?
Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by Nobody: 1:53am On Mar 04, 2007
shescute4:

RELEASING A DOVE!!!

Echidime, i think you're funny.
i'm not married,i hope to soon anyways so i might as well add that understanding and compromise is required to keep the love and romance in marriage.
good luck 2 u(married ones) all. wink

I think that dove picture was doctored?
Look with a critical eye and see what I mean.
Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by Blow(m): 12:03pm On Mar 04, 2007
Check out this website
http://marriage.about.com/

Lots of tips, You can sign up for the newsletter.
Cheers
Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by frankiriri(m): 12:47am On Mar 05, 2007
watch love dating and marraige on Silverbird Television on Sundays at 3.30 - 4pm every sunday (Nigerian time)
Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by muyioye(m): 10:58am On Mar 05, 2007
Having read all that has been posted. I have these to say.

I have been married for close to 3 years now. I believe the tips for Married Couple is staying together, carrying each other along on all things, sharing efrything together, talking together. A wife must be a wife, mother, sister, aunt and even a man's baby girl. I make it bold to accuse women of change of attitude to their man because of their change in status. e.g. yesterday 1 of my friend came from UK and by this mrng my wife was still tying wrapper all around the house. I was annoyed but kept it and called her immediately I got to the office, not because my friend was around, but she wouldnt just listen, she is not an illiterate, a graduate 4 that matter.

Women must always look attractiveto her husband any time. Expecting further post.
Re: Tips For Christian Married Couples? by Ambber(f): 12:14pm On Mar 05, 2007
Davidylan submission is excellent !

(1) (2) (Reply)

Indecency Among Today's Youth : Who Is To Be Blamed ? / Why Do Nigerian Married Women Discard Their Wedding Rings Too Early? / Have You Made Bad Choices In Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.