Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,383 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) (29517 Views)

Auwalu Salisu, Tricycle Rider Returns ₦18 Million To Passenger In Kano / My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja / Sandra: From Gokada Driver To Uber Driver Courtesy Of Kokun Foundation (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 28, 2017
IamLaura:
In as much as his action is highly commendable,I'll like to add that he didn't really have much of a choice.
He works in an organized country and in a company that has the database and information of all their workers so it would've been near impossible to get away with that.
Ones' environment really goes a long way in changing their behavior and influencing their actions,if he was still in Nigeria I'm sure his instincts will have told him to do otherwise grin except of course he happens to fall in the category of those very rare and genuine Nigerians.
Supported.
EVIL SPIRIT is resident in Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by UncleJudax(m): 12:18pm On Nov 28, 2017
Bossjosh:

Not true
What IS Not true? Do you Not know that Nigeria is where anything goes?

Environment influences how people behave. If you know say nothing Go Happen, you go do anyhow.
Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by resultcase(m): 12:18pm On Nov 28, 2017
onatisi:

you are right
he knows he has less chance of getting away with it if he decides to keep the money
and just one bad review will spoil his record for life

What if he hadn't seen the money. What if some other passenger took it... Wouldn't he still get a negative review? And will that ruin his record for life

Think!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by bravolyk(m): 12:18pm On Nov 28, 2017
bravolyk:

Your comments baffles me it's cash we talking about here, the honest man would have argued and won if he said he didn't see any money. Why are things just too good to be true for people like you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 12:24pm On Nov 28, 2017
IamLaura:
In as much as his action is highly commendable,I'll like to add that he didn't really have much of a choice.
He works in an organized country and in a company that has the database and information of all their workers so it would've been near impossible to get away with that.
Ones' environment really goes a long way in changing their behavior and influencing their actions,if he was still in Nigeria I'm sure his instincts will have told him to do otherwise grin except of course he happens to fall in the category of those very rare and genuine Nigerians.
Hello, your post tells a lot, even though your premise is totally wrong.
This is because, first. The choice was between declaring or keeping the money. He had both options in his hands and chose the more honourable one. So yes, he had a choice.
Second thing is, as one poster already said. It has nothing to do with any structured organisation or database anything. Its a simple case of the owner's words against his. No cctv, nothing.
Another case for speaking up is that, the owner might not even have realised that
a. His money was lost
b. Where he lost it ( hence the Uber guy is not ever under any suspicion)
That money could have been a poor old lady's medical bills, it could have been kindergarten tuition for his 3 year old daughter, it could be anybody's money, infact, it could have been yours'.
His environment has nothing to do with this also, because a lot of oyinbo people I know would have kept that money.
For goodness' sake the money was in cash, he had already gotten away with it.
The man has proven himself in a class of very rare and genuine Nigerians *already* yet you still doubt his actions?
My dear, what he did was extra-ordinary and we all have to clap very loud as a symbolic gesture of support for people like this. kiss

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by jconsulting(f): 12:24pm On Nov 28, 2017
I was thinking the Uber is IPOB
Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by chukslawrence(m): 12:30pm On Nov 28, 2017
Jkfc:

You are foolish
Even the OP admitted it was a mistake.. SMH for you.
Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by chukslawrence(m): 12:31pm On Nov 28, 2017
jconsulting:
I was thinking the Uber is IPOB
Lol.
Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by mofedamijo(m): 12:32pm On Nov 28, 2017
IamLaura:
I dont think so,the man might not remember where he kept the cash,he himself said he was in a hurry,i bet u,thousands of dollars have gone missing in UBER right there in U.S,the white guy who praised him did so because he knew the guy had the option of keeping the cash or returning it,u think he his the first to lose cash while using uber,so many pple did n the drivers kept the money,another passenger might even pick the cash,so cctv will start monitoring all passengers he picked for the whole day.....like they dont steal or rob banks in U.S.A.....Nigerians sef..

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by Bimpe29: 12:39pm On Nov 28, 2017
Nice one from Adekunle, you represent Nigeria well. There are still crops of good people here.
Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by Niftyrules(m): 12:39pm On Nov 28, 2017
Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by baddosky1: 12:41pm On Nov 28, 2017
buffalowings:

Madam, na true you talk.
But I'll rather fan the flames of tribalism on this thread. tongue

Look at him very well
He is not a developer
grin

Yeah we know. He returned the money because it's Uber where he'll be tracked and discovered if he kept it.

Meanwhile, in other news...your non-developing brother undeveloped his wife to death. (Something they are good at)

https://www.nairaland.com/4202265/olaoluwa-adejo-tortures-wife-death/2#62790049
Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by OhiOfIhima: 12:43pm On Nov 28, 2017
onatisi:

you are right
he knows he has less chance of getting away with it if he decides to keep the money
and just one bad review will spoil his record for life
What evidence do u think d passenger will provide to support him dat he lost d money in his car or is CCTV installed in d taxi... D driver was just good naturally, dat is all. D man will come n said I forgot or lost my money in ur car n I told him simply I didn't aware of such. So, will he press charge against me or wat... Pls let try n celebrate d driver in question..

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 28, 2017
chukslawrence:

Even the OP admitted it was a mistake.. SMH for you.
I just left like insulting you...

No vex
Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by stonecoldcafe: 12:54pm On Nov 28, 2017
IamLaura:

Celebrate good please.
I forgot my phone in an uber in Lagos. Dude brought it back to my office. He didn't even have to. Returning it to their head office in Lekki was ideal but he brought it back to me.
Same Nigeria too...

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by souleymon(m): 12:55pm On Nov 28, 2017
Either way, he could have denied seeing it either.He choose to return it because he's cultured and after a bigger purpose in life not because it happened in the US.
Haven't we seen airport cleaners return money in Nigeria.
If y'all don't applaud people for good deeds, of what good is your comment
IamLaura:

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by Emax(m): 12:57pm On Nov 28, 2017
Honesty pays bro
Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by Bossjosh: 12:58pm On Nov 28, 2017
UncleJudax:

What IS Not true? Do you Not know that Nigeria is where anything goes?

Environment influences how people behave. If you know say nothing Go Happen, you go do anyhow.

Uncle, go and read the modified message
Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by chuckdee4(m): 1:05pm On Nov 28, 2017
buffalowings:

Madam, na true you talk.

Look at him very well
He is not a developer
grin

You're obviously not a very smart fellow

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by linearity: 1:06pm On Nov 28, 2017
IamLaura:

Contrarily, If he wanted to keep it, it would have been near impossible to prove that, the money was left in his car.

Yes, Uber would have identified him had the customer notify Uber that, he left something in the driver’s car...but it will essentially boil down to his words against the customer’s and with zero evidence, he wins.

I like the way you ended though, he did it from a genuine heart with integrity.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by Myde4naija(m): 1:11pm On Nov 28, 2017
IamLaura:
you don't have valid point my dear brother.
Even here in Nigeria many cab drivers has return tens of millions to the rightful owner.

Even in an organised country as you said many people still go unpunished for crime committed intentionally.
Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by baysol: 1:14pm On Nov 28, 2017
This collective name called Nigeria sef? You think say if na our biafraudites from ala potopoto the money for no don miss. Abeg teyte sef.....Lobatan
Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:25pm On Nov 28, 2017
buffalowings:

Madam, na true you talk.

Look at him very well
He is not a developer
grin

U must be foolish I think....

Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 1:40pm On Nov 28, 2017
buffalowings:

Madam, na true you talk.

Look at him very well
He is not a developer
grin

Let's not fall into that tribalism trap on everything. Let's reserve some for merit and common sense.
As long as we keep talking like this, none of us will grow.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by Mariangeles(f): 1:46pm On Nov 28, 2017
buffalowings:

Madam, na true you talk. But I'll rather fan the flames of tribalism on this thread. tongue

Look at him very well He is not a developer grin

You kuku know say una no dey fine...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by Abbeybailey(m): 1:54pm On Nov 28, 2017
Bossjosh:

Not true. That man can keep that money somewhere and continue working. There's no evidence to pin him down with. Not like there's CCTV installed in uber to monitor. It'd have been the passenger's word against his.

So learn to celebrate honesty and don't make it look like 'because it is an organized place'.
Gbam. I have lost my wallet in a cab twice and was never returned to me. This happened in NY and Boston. The guy is just a good guy. What he did was exemplary.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 28, 2017
Thank God for one positive news about Nigeria. Enough of those get rich or die trying oriental brothers that jump from storey buildings in Malaysia, India, Cambodia while trying to evade arrest.

These lot have bastardized our image a lot.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by chiteny(m): 3:29pm On Nov 28, 2017
IamLaura:

Right on point. Whats your number? i will like to date and mar.... you.
Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by Lukay99: 4:00pm On Nov 28, 2017
IamLaura:

You got it all twisted, Yes the U.S. is a Organized country and the company also have information of its employees/drivers but you need to remember that there's rule of law where you just can charge people without proper evidence. Even the persanger new himself that if the driver had denied seeing the money that's case close, he have no proof the driver took his money. You need proof to charge someone of a crime in a Organized society not like in Nigeria. You need to give credit when it's due much respect to naija man.

Having Company Employee/drivers database is not proof that he stole the money
Re: Nigerian Uber Driver In US Returns Passenger's Lost Money (Photos) by veekae: 4:22pm On Nov 28, 2017
IamLaura:
For God's sake when will we learn to accept good news and live with it
Organized or not he can still deny it but still returned it. That is the most important thing.. Is high time you stop being sarcastic or you yourself becomes what you think... People still believe un change and you should join please haba........

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hard Working Policewoman 'Mama G' Promoted In Bayelsa State. Photos / Electricity Distribution Official Electrocuted In Ikotun, Lagos (Photos, Video) / 17 Funny Facts About Engineers: [MUST READ]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.