Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,449 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever (39948 Views)

Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League / Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player / Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by 1wolex85: 12:37pm On Nov 30, 2017
Sagamite:

Far better, mate.

They both played from non-9 offensive positions.

Cruyff was a decent dribbler and good passer, CR7 is a prolific goalscorer from the wings.

I would go with the goalscorer in this case.

Cruyff, to me, is not even as good as Ronaldinho and Zidane but he is in the same league with them.

You obviously know nothing about Cruyff, no need to argue
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by Sagamite(m): 12:37pm On Nov 30, 2017
obonujoker:

We just respect Ferguson noni.... buh can you tell me what Ferguson achieved, that Jose hasn't achieved??

DOMINATION!
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by LordAdam16: 12:37pm On Nov 30, 2017
Sagamite:

And so what if he invented it? Being a good coach makes you a great player?

Nonsense argument.

Even Kanu came back from heart surgery that does not make him the greatest even in Nigeria.

Greatest entertainer does not equal greatest footballer.

And so?

Boy, how old are you?

If you did not do it for long, there is no evidence you would have done it for long.

Kaka?

Rivaldo?

Pato?

Owen?

As I said, I'm not going to argue with you. It's pointless.

Kaka, Rivaldo, Pato, and Owen are world-class players. They are not legends with legacies and things that set them apart from the competition.

We're talking about the greatest players to ever play the game. And I gave my reasons for including those names. They did things no other person did in football in their time. That's why they're the greatest to ever play the game.

You can't just play like Ronaldinho, or Cryuff, or Garrincha, or Heleno. Each of them are one in a generation, those names you listed aren't.

What is Kaka's legacy? What did he do differently than his peers? Replace Kaka with the other names you shared, and you'll see why they're not in the GOAT list. But replace Kaka with any of the names I mention, and it is apparent why it'd be a travesty not to regard them as having a place in the GOAT list.

-Lord
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by miketayo(m): 12:40pm On Nov 30, 2017
1wolex85:

He is still the best player to have played in the EPL

While in EPL* otherwise the Ans is Ronaldo.
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by Sagamite(m): 12:40pm On Nov 30, 2017
obonujoker:

Buh Ronaldo is champions league highest assister ever....

And so?

He also drinks the most milkshakes.

Boy, how old are you?
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by Sagamite(m): 12:42pm On Nov 30, 2017
miketayo:

Trophy is everything both personal and team.. and these players are almost as good as Henry

Trophy is not everything.

It is very important for careers but not everything and definitely not what determines which player is better than the other.

If it was everything Maradona would not have joined Napoli!

Batistuta would not have stayed in Fiorentina.
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by Surfboard(m): 12:42pm On Nov 30, 2017
Who came up with this filthy piece of dog sh!t and disguised it as a modicum of sense?

1 Like

Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by Sagamite(m): 12:43pm On Nov 30, 2017
1wolex85:

You obviously know nothing about Cruyff, no need to argue

Tell me what you know about him.
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by miketayo(m): 12:43pm On Nov 30, 2017
Sagamite:

And so?

Boy, how old are you?

How old r u
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by obonujoker(m): 12:43pm On Nov 30, 2017
Sagamite:

And so?

Boy, how old are you?

You said Ronaldo only scores goals.... and I m proving to you that he assist, he scores although he dribbles less for the past 2 seasons....
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by Ejomax77(m): 12:44pm On Nov 30, 2017
with the way you reason, I can safely say that zlatan is better than Ronaldo right?
KinzyeWriter:
Messi wants international trophy... Messi needs to explore other club except Barcelona as you read in the article.

Pele was hindered for not playing in Europe, but his strength is the 3 world cup he won even though he is not the all time goal scorer.

Maradona has the most tiny weakness, to have played in Europe and won trophies and also a world cup in his international level.

Ronaldo has proven himself in the EPL by winning everything, in sporting, in Madrid, and international level.

Messi on the other hand risen into greatness with great players, and failed bunch of times in the international level... Now he hinders himself for being a one club man..

He is just a Barcelona legend bro grin
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by miketayo(m): 12:44pm On Nov 30, 2017
Sagamite:

Trophy is not everything.

It is very important for careers but not everything and definitely not what determines which player is better than the other.

If it was everything Maradona would not have joined Napoli!

Batistuta would not have stayed in Fiorentina.

What is more important than trophy?
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by LordAdam16: 12:45pm On Nov 30, 2017
Sagamite:

It is about the natural talent, intelligence, your application of it repeatedly on the pitch, your carrying a team and your coming up to take the realm when it matters. All these done over a long period.

Ronaldinho, Zidane and Iniesta are better than Cruyff in these.

Some of you get too emotional about pioneers.

Being a pioneer does not make you th greatest everytime. Sometimes, people take your pioneering exhibition and take it to another level.

Cruyff introdced the fundamentals, Iniesta is a magician!

Being a pioneer puts you on the list.

Are Zidane and Iniesta goal scorers like Cryuff while not being at the same in-play intelligence level as he is? Or are you just arguing for the sake of it?

-Lord
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by Sagamite(m): 12:46pm On Nov 30, 2017
LordAdam16:

As I said, I'm not going to argue with you. It's pointless.

Kaka, Rivaldo, Pato, and Owen are world-class players. They are not legends with legacies and things that set them apart from the competition.

We're talking about the greatest players to ever play the game. And I gave my reasons for including those names. They did things no other person did in football in their time. That's why they're the greatest to ever play the game.

You can't just play like Ronaldinho, or Cryuff, or Garrincha, or Heleno. Each of them are one in a generation, those names you listed aren't.

What is Kaka's legacy? What did he do differently than his peers? Replace Kaka with the other names you shared, and you'll see why they're not in the GOAT list. But replace Kaka with any of the names I mention, and it is apparent why it'd be a travesty not to regard them as having a place in the GOAT list.

-Lord

The point obviously flew over your head, that is why it is pointless.

Never again say "someone is the greatest because they should promise but they did not have the opportunity to show it for a long time, if they did, OBVIOUSLY they would have been great".

That is your education for today. Many show great starts, it is not necessarily sustained for long.
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by Sagamite(m): 12:47pm On Nov 30, 2017
miketayo:

How old r u

Old enough to make far more sense!
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by miketayo(m): 12:48pm On Nov 30, 2017
Sagamite:

Old enough to make far more sense!

With that thing u typed. Hmm
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by Sagamite(m): 12:48pm On Nov 30, 2017
obonujoker:

You said Ronaldo only scores goals.... and I m proving to you that he assist, he scores although he dribbles less for the past 2 seasons....

You are proving? By stating one small section of his entire career?

Are you dumb or are you young?
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by Sagamite(m): 12:50pm On Nov 30, 2017
miketayo:

What is more important than trophy?

Money?

Playing time?

Ability to express yourself?

Good team rapport?

Can you start thinking?
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by Djnotte88(m): 12:50pm On Nov 30, 2017
Some people are just naturally foolish...the ones saying ronaldo is a product of hard.work and messi a product of talent and gift are just talking blindly...why not just say messi is lazy but only his talent and gift is helping him?? Ronaldo is gifted and talented just as Messi is... Back to the topic...Mr writer Messi must not leave Barcelona inorder to prove to you he is the greatest...being in a single club doesn't mean he can't play in a different league...Mr writer I m sure you must have heard of the word "JOB SATISFACTION"...I believe Messi is satisfied with his current club and doesn't need anybody to tell him to leave to another club inorder to prove himself...He has destroyed the best English teams, best Italian teams, best German and French teams...so wat else do you want?? is it the stoke city you people are shouting he can't play against?? cmon guys....And again besides any great player are great players helping him. No single player can claim to carry his club or nation alone...you guys also claimed messi had Xavi, Iniesta etc...how about Ronaldo?? Modric, Kroos, Ozil, Di Maria, Gago, Guti, Giggs, Rooney, Nani, Bale,, Benzema are average players abi?? .....How about Totti, Gerrard, Raul, Maldini, Lampard, John Terry, Xavi, Puyol, Buffon etc that played most of their football careers in single clubs? Does that mean they are just average or just scared of moving to other clubs?? that's the power of JOB SATISFACTION

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by LordAdam16: 12:51pm On Nov 30, 2017
Sagamite:

Do you know the meaning of the words you use?

What is the meaning of "objective" and "facts"?

Meaning of objective:

(of a person or their judgement) not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.

Meaning of fact:

a thing that is known or proved to be true.

Neither describes your comment.

Your representation of facts was "influenced by personal feelings or opinions." And the inference you made is not "known or proved to be true." It's just another opinion. An hotly debated opinion I must add.

-Lord
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by miketayo(m): 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2017
Sagamite:

Money?

Playing time?

Ability to express yourself?

Good team rapport?

Can you start thinking?

Lolzzz you urself don't believe wat u wrote..for African players maybe money... But for d likes of Ronaldo, Henry Messi Nd co.. they want to win it all
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by VictorRomanov: 12:54pm On Nov 30, 2017
Benz4pimp:
Did he say he wants to be the greatest ever?Most of you wake to write thrash about someone you know nothing about.....The fact remains,he is happy playing the round leather game where he is!!!!Ronaldo wants to be the greatest but ask yourself that question,is he happy?messi refers to be happy over whatever award you want to give him...He has a release clause,let a club meet that and buy him offf!!!

You are also guilty of writing thrash about someone or something you don't know about. Did Ronaldo tell you he was unhappy? Did Messi tell you he doesn't want to be the greatest If you don't have any thing constructive to add, just read and pass. Stop spreading negativity.
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by Sagamite(m): 12:54pm On Nov 30, 2017
LordAdam16:

Being a pioneer puts you on the list.

Are Zidane and Iniesta goal scorers like Cryuff while not being at the same in-play intelligence level as he is? Or are you just arguing for the sake of it?

-Lord

You have a good point there, but they were better in in-play intelligence and on the ball against more athletic opposition. Not people have a beer before a match and smoke at half-time.
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by Misterdhee1(m): 12:55pm On Nov 30, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
Messi wants international trophy... Messi needs to explore other club except Barcelona as you read in the article.

Pele was hindered for not playing in Europe, but his strength is the 3 world cup he won even though he is not the all time goal scorer.

Maradona has the most tiny weakness, to have played in Europe and won trophies and also a world cup in his international level.

Ronaldo has proven himself in the EPL by winning everything, in sporting, in Madrid, and international level.

Messi on the other hand risen into greatness with great players, and failed bunch of times in the international level... Now he hinders himself for being a one club man..

He is just a Barcelona legend bro grin
This comment speaks volumes of how low your intelligence is.

1. Pele played when competition weren't so tight in the world cup..He played alongside some of the greatest footballers of his generation in the Brazilian National Team. Club wise, he was no match for Messi..

2. Watch Maradona, nd tell me he is any better than Messi

3. Ronaldo left Manutd for Real (arguably the greatest football club in the world). Tell me he would have done the reverse if he had started out with Madrid.

4. You are so funny en. Henry, Eto'o, Ronaldinho, have all played in Barcelona. Even Delima and Figo, and none of these peeps were able to break ground at Europe and Spain for Barcelona like Messi has been doing.

Messi is 30 years old...He was groomed at Barcelona, taken care of by the club and has replicated the club's kind gestures over the years with scintillating performances. He doesn't need to go to a "smaller team" to prove his greatness...Only the most deluded of all delusional beings will tag "Messi A Barcelona legend."

3 Likes

Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by LordAdam16: 12:56pm On Nov 30, 2017
Sagamite:

The point obviously flew over your head, that is why it is pointless.

Never again say "someone is the greatest because they should promise but they did not have the opportunity to show it for a long time, if they did, OBVIOUSLY they would have been great".

That is your education for today. Many show great starts, it is not necessarily sustained for long.

You obviously haven't been comprehending my replies.

There was no place where I said they are the greatest "because they [showed] promise but they did not have the opportunity to show it for a long time."

No place. Go and read my replies again and you'd see the reasons why I called them the greatest.

-Lord
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by LordAdam16: 1:00pm On Nov 30, 2017
Sagamite:

You have a good point there, but they were better in in-play intelligence and on the ball against more athletic opposition. Not people have a beer before a match and smoke at half-time.

Let me ask you a simple question, have you watched Cryuff play? Even highlights count.

If you did, you wouldn't say Zidane and Iniesta had better in-play and on-the-ball intelligence.

I think you're suffering from recency bias. It's glaring from the statements you make.

-Lord
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by Sagamite(m): 1:01pm On Nov 30, 2017
miketayo:

Lolzzz you urself don't believe wat u wrote..for African players maybe money... But for d likes of Ronaldo, Henry Messi Nd co.. they want to win it all

Well, this is the time for me to how that point of me being old enough to talk some sense in your head.

Explain to everyone why Neymar moved to PSG.

Explain why Maradona went to Napoli.

Explain why Batistuta stayed in Fiorentina.

Floor is yours!
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by Jointhemiltons2(m): 1:03pm On Nov 30, 2017
Benz4pimp:
Did he say he wants to be the greatest ever?Most of you wake to write thrash about someone you know nothing about.....The fact remains,he is happy playing the round leather game where he is!!!!Ronaldo wants to be the greatest but ask yourself that question,is he happy?messi refers to be happy over whatever award you want to give him...He has a release clause,let a club meet that and buy him offf!!!
OP na olodo.
First of all no footballer can be the greatest forever. Person dah has won it all,what next remain.
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by Sagamite(m): 1:03pm On Nov 30, 2017
Djnotte88:
Some people are just naturally foolish...the ones saying ronaldo is a product of hard.work and messi a product of talent and gift are just talking blindly...why not just say messi is lazy but only his talent and gift is helping him?? Ronaldo is gifted and talented just as Messi is... Back to the topic...Mr writer Messi must not leave Barcelona inorder to prove to you he is the greatest...being in a single club doesn't mean he can't play in a different league...Mr writer I m sure you must have heard of the word "JOB SATISFACTION"...I believe Messi is satisfied with his current club and doesn't need anybody to tell him to leave to another club inorder to prove himself...He has destroyed the best English teams, best Italian teams, best German and French teams...so wat else do you want?? is it the stoke city you people are shouting he can't play against?? cmon guys....And again besides any great player are great players helping him. No single player can claim to carry his club or nation alone...you guys also claimed messi had Xavi, Iniesta etc...how about Ronaldo?? Modric, Kroos, Ozil, Di Maria, Gago, Guti, Giggs, Rooney, Nani, Bale,, Benzema are average players abi?? .....How about Totti, Gerrard, Raul, Maldini, Lampard, John Terry, Xavi, Puyol, Buffon etc that played most of their football careers in single clubs? Does that mean they are just average or just scared of moving to other clubs?? that's the power of JOB SATISFACTION

If Messi is lazy and doing what Ronaldo is doing, then Messi is obviously better.

If I read a subject 3 hours a day and you spend 15 hours sleeping in the library every day and we get the same score, I smart pass you.

1 Like

Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by samisj4real(m): 1:04pm On Nov 30, 2017
Sagamite:

Who be EDER?
The guy that scored the only goal @da final between portugal & france. Now young man tell me, how did ronaldo made dem d winner of euros ahead of "EDER"?
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by Sagamite(m): 1:05pm On Nov 30, 2017
LordAdam16:

Meaning of objective:

Meaning of fact:

Neither describes your comment.

Your representation of facts was "influenced by personal feelings or opinions." And the inference you made is not "known or proved to be true." It's just another opinion. An hotly debated opinion I must add.

-Lord

I gave you figures to back up my arguments and you say I am not being objective and factual, but all you give is opinions and you are?
Re: Messi's Decision To Stay At Barcelona Ensures He'll Never Be The Greatest Ever by Jointhemiltons2(m): 1:07pm On Nov 30, 2017
This Op did he say he wana be the greatest ever? And no footballer can remain the greatest.
Maradona and Pele wia regarded as the greatest buh now Messi n Ronaldo has topped.
Person wey don win trophies tire,wetn else remain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Super Eagles Train In MKO Abiola Stadium Ahead Of The Second Leg Clash.. Video / 2019 Cheat On How To Win Bet9ja Virtual Big Odd (12) & Correct Score / Obinna Nsofor Celebrates His Girlfriend, Anastasija On Her Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.