Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,855 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy (18867 Views)

Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy / Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy / Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Maolid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by error4040: 11:03am On Dec 01, 2017
AlBaqir:

Are we celebrating the pagan way? Whenever your Saudi masters are celebrating Al-Saud state anniversary with giant cake designed with the picture of King Salman, that obviously is Pagan way.

Asalaualaiqum.

LoL As a muslim the only reason I still consider Saudi is .
1. the kaabah is the Origin of islam
2. saudi is the origin of our religion

but anything other than that All I see down there are mostly bunch of hypocrite muslims who no longer follow the teaching of islam.

~

AlBaqir:

to place your forehead in sujjud upon rug or carpet, on the contrary Nabi only placed and emphasised on doing sajdah upon the EARTH, DUST.
Lwkmd Bro seriously ??
this Has to be the Funniest post I have come across today. grin grin grin

Reply to Your Excuse on why salat on rug or carpet:

have you not heard of the Masjid is the House of Allah & And it should be kept clean At All times ?
And You're complaining of using Rugs and Carpet.
wait are we expected to be dirty while performing our ibadat ?
lol and their is no claim that The Prophet muh'd (SAW) prefferd performing his salat on empty earth or Dust.

And about the Maulud their is no indication anywhere saying the Prophet instruct His ulamah to Celebrate his birthday or whatsoever.
but if a brother take the excuse of saying that he is only celebrating the Birthday just to display his love for the Prophet despite having no clear Reffrence to back his claim well to me he is free but note!!! when the day he Would report his life time to his creator comes he should have on mind that he would be asked who instructed him to celebrate the Maulud while on earth.
and if he has no solid answer to back it, then I believe Jahan'nam follows next
! please am not condeming Anybody to Hell)

Allah knows Best.
Ma'asalam.

Juma'at Kareem

3 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by anibirelawal(m): 11:04am On Dec 01, 2017
OPEN YOUR MIND, FREE YOURSELF FROM BRAINWASHING. You dont have to be told that it is good to CELEBRATE what is DEEM good.

4 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by yasolan(m): 11:06am On Dec 01, 2017
yazach:

Do you really need to respond to his gibberish?
It's not gibberish. Read, reason and ponder.
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:25am On Dec 01, 2017
[quote author=error4040 post=62879429][/quote]

Subhanallah! See this AlBaqir! What can we call this? Hypocrisy or double standard? or just shear hatred for Ahl Sunnah?

Just because Ahl Sunnah say Mawlid is Bid'ah now....then you turn against them. Well, he can still eat his vomit!
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by Aminu212: 11:32am On Dec 01, 2017
How is mawlud celebrated o salafiya?
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by ibrutex(m): 11:49am On Dec 01, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Who told you Prophet didn't "celebrate" his birthday? For a fact, he did mark his birthday every week in a form of worship and praise to his Lord, by fasting. That was what limited document recorded.

# As per the bold, did your salaf ever used " radi'allahu anhu/ha" for themselves during their lifetime? Why are you doing what your Salafs didn't do by saying that phrase after the mention of anyone of them?

# You want to define Islamic sharia for us?

For a fact, nobody has ever come out and claim "Milad" is an obligatory act in the equivalent of Salat, Sawm, Zakat and Hajj.

And for a clear fact, Qur'anic order which we are not even observing dutifully is this:

"That you [people] may believe in Allah and His Messenger and honor him and respect the him and exalt Him morning and afternoon" Quran 48: 9

# And how's the fact that Shia Fatimi of Egypt were the establisher of Mawlud Nabiy made it forbidden to "celebrate" Mawlud?

For a fact, this same Shia Fatimi were the first to establish Islamic university - the prestigious al-Ahzar in Cairo that has produced many Sunni scholars. Why was that not seen as forbidden act?

# Observing Mawlud is a good act in many ways - it honour the Prophet, it brings all Muslims together (where we put aside our differences), its a dhikr (remembrance) of our Prophet etc.

Surah Al-Anaam, vs 160:

"Whoever brings a good deed, he shall have ten like it, and whoever brings an evil deed, he shall be recompensed only with the like of it, and they shall not be
dealt with unjustly

Imam Muslim documents this Hadith:

The Prophet says:

He who introduced some good practice in Islam which was followed after him (by people) he would be assured of reward like one who followed it, without their rewards being diminished in any respect. And he who introduced some evil practice in Islam which had been followed subsequently (by others), he would be required to bear the burden like that of one who followed this (evil practice) without their's being diminished in any respect.

Hadith # 6466
https://sunnah.com/muslim/47/26

# So, is this really a reason to tag Mawlud a forbidden act?

Anyway, for a clear fact, most widely acceptable date is Rabiul Awwal. Other dates do not have reliable source.

# Are we celebrating the pagan way? Whenever your Saudi masters are celebrating Al-Saud state anniversary with giant cake designed with the picture of King Salman, that obviously is Pagan way and we wonder where were your fatwa manufacturing scholars (starting from troglodyte Mufti of Saudi) to declare it Haram but they are too quick to carelessly declare Mawlud an Haram act.

# For a fact, in Sura Maryam, Allah specifically made mention of 3 days in human life: his day of BIRTH, DEATH and RESURRECTION.

* And practically, our Lord "sends" His abundant salam upon His Prophets Yahya and Eesa. Were these two blessed anbiya devoid of Allah's blessings outside these 3 days? Why did Allah specifically mention those days?

* If that could be done to Yahya and Eesa, why not for Imam of anbiya, hazrat Muhammad, salallahu alayhi wa ahli?!

* Believers are commanded in surah Ahzab: 56 to send Praise and Salam upon the Prophet. A specific dates (of birth, death and resurrection) were mention (in the case of Yahya and Eesa), so how's "celebrating Mawlud" with lots of salawat wa Salam upon Nabi a forbidden act?!

# So in your belief, anything not mentioned by these two sources is not Islam?

Neither Qur'an nor Hadith ORDERED the believers:

* to say, radiyallahu anhum after mentioning any Sahabi

* to place your forehead in sujjud upon rug or carpet, on the contrary Nabi only placed and emphasised on doing sajdah upon the EARTH, DUST.

* to perform 20 rakat tarawih in Jama'ah after salat Ishai, for 29/30 days. (The closest submission you could bring is that Prophet only prayed his usual qiyam layl of 11 rakaat, and not after Ishai 20 rakaat. And for a fact, those 3 or 4 days that sahabah prayed behind him uninvited were documented to be 23rd, 25th, 27th midnights of Ramadan).

* Lots of examples to count from.

I concur with you bro ....

Allah S.W.T a knowledge this 3 significant day for us...

the day we are born
the day we die ..
and the day we will be raise again

1 Like

Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by blacq2009(m): 11:58am On Dec 01, 2017
Lukgaf:
As salam alaikum warahmotullah wa barakatuhu.

Alhamdulillah Robil Aalaamee, we are in the month of Rabbiul awwal, which is the month when our Noble Prophet, the Master of all Masters, the Noblest of all Nobles, our Prophet Muhammod - salal Allahu alayhi wa salam - was born. But all over the world, they have turned this month into a celebration of some sort, the celebration we all refer to "Moulud Nabiyy".

Our prophet when he was alived, he did not celebrate this day,nor was he celebrated by his Sahaba after his demise. So what's now our problem of doin what the salafis didn't do.

Below are some cogent reasons why we should not celebrate Milad un Nabawiy.

1. "Milad" (birthday) is not in Islamic shariah, it was later introduced by the Shia Fatimd in Egypt.

2. Historians differed about the date of birth of Prophet Muhammod (s.a.w.s). Some said it's Ramadan, some in Shaban and some in Rabiul awwal.

3. Birthday celebrations have pagan roots, celebrating birthday is not allowed at all.

4. The celebration is neither from sunnah nor Qur'an. Anything that is not part of these two can not be part of islam.

5. Prophet s.a.w.s said, "stick to my sunnah and the sunnah of my rightly guided caliphs, beware of newly invented matters, for every new matter is a Bid'ah and every Bid'ah is misleading." (Trimidhi 2676).

6. Allah says in surah Al Maidah,ayah 3. "This day, I have perfected your religion for you." when Islam is perfect and complete, then who gave the authority to these people to introduce new concepts in Islam?

7. Celebrating 'Milaad' is imitations of Christians and Jews. Jews celebrate birthday of Uzair, while Christians celebrate birthday of Isa (A.s).

8. Prophet Muhammod (s.a.w.s) said, " whoever imitates a sect or people becomes one of them". (Abu Dawood).

9. Prophet Muhammod also said, "be different from Mushrikeen (the Unbelievers)." (Sahih muslim).

10. Prophet Muhammod(s.a.w.s) again said, "Do not exaggerate in praising me".
Wa Allahu Ahlam.

I Pray Allah increase our Eeman and guide us to the right path. Aameen
Anti Mohammad. That's you. No Qur'anic quotation to back your claims. Wahabis sef.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by Basfaq(m): 12:01pm On Dec 01, 2017
I don't know what's wrong with people,let us come to our senses.The people we are antagonize of moulid celebration are they not Muslim?is there any compulsory obligations they left on attending to?they do everything we do why castigating them?.

When you claimed to know eight subject of matters and you see someone claiming to know ten,two above your own and yours is inclusive,you better doff your cap for such person.

We are here claiming not to mimick,how did Ashura and Tashura came to life.

Yes, God said that today I have perfected your religion for you and I have choosing for you Islam as a religion..., so does it mean that anything that we do now that was not done then is haram?.where was Quran then,hadith,fiqu,balaga,mantiq e.t.c,why were they not categorized as invention?.

In one hadith when sheydina Uthman introduced the ideal of collection of Quran in to one book to Amr li mumin(sheydina Abubkar) then,he said ahuzubilla Mina saitani rojim,what prophet (s.a.w)did not do he will never accept it before the formal went to supplicant to Allah to make sheydina Abubkar to understand him.Even the prophet of Allah openly opposed to collection of hadith.

May God give us the full understanding of what Islam is.Why was prophet of Allah seek from Allah to give Abdullahi ibn Abbas current interpretation of Quran after he had been already memorised with the full meaning of it by him.

There are lots of thing that can't be mention here.so who will know would surely know,we can't all be in the same level of understanding but stop criticizing.

3 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by mammanbawa: 12:02pm On Dec 01, 2017
blacq2009:

Anti Mohammad. That's you. No Qur'anic quotation to back your claims. Wahabis sef.

Uncle Muhammad, do you have any qur'anic quotation to support your own claim?

2 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by AlBaqir(m): 12:15pm On Dec 01, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

AlBaqir, as much as i don't want to reply you.....

I have a great dislike for lies or distortions or misinterpretation of our Books. Being Alive in the verses you quoted, how are they alive?

# Allamah Al-Albani documents in his tahqiq on Sunan Abu Dawud:

Chapter: About Seeking Forgiveness

Aws b. has reported the Messenger of Allah (saw) as saying: "Among the most excellent of your days is Friday; so invoke many blessings on me on that day, for your blessing will be submitted to me." They (the Companions) asked: "Messenger of Allah (saw), how can our blessing be submitted to you when your body is decayed?" He (saw) said: "Allah (swt) has prohibited the earth from consuming the bodies of Prophets (a.s)."

Albani writes: Hadeeth is Saheeh (Authentic).
Source: Saheeh Sunan Aboo Dawood. Vol. 1, Pg. # 290, H. # 1047.

# Imam Al-Haythami also documents:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Masoud from the Prophet (saw) who said: "My life is good for you. You will relate to me and it will be related to you, and my death is good for you, for your actions will be presented to me. If I see goodness, I will praise Allah (swt), and if I see other than that I will ask forgiveness from Him for you."

Footnote: Narrated by Bazzar, its narrator are the narrators of Saheeh (Authentic).

Source: Majma Al-Zawa'id. Vol. 8, Pg. # 427.

# And this is how a senior Sahabi understood it as well:

Imam Ahmad and Imam Hakim document this athar:

It is attributed to Dawud bin Abu Salih. He says: one
day Marwan came and he saw that a man was lying down
with his mouth turned close to the Prophet’s grave . Then he (Marwan) said to him, “Do you know what are you
doing?” When he moved towards him, he saw that it was
Abu Ayyub al-Ansari. (In reply) he said, “ Yes (I know) I
have come to the Messenger of Allah and not to a
stone
. I have heard it from the Messenger of God not to
cry over religion when its guardian is competent. Yes,
shed tears over religion when its guardian is incompetent.
"

Imam Hakim declared it "Sahih" while Imam Dhahabi
"AGREED" with him

Source: Al-Mustadrak ala sahihayn, vol 4, pg. 520, Hadith #
8571, Hadith 515

Imam Ahmad bin Hambal also document it with a sound
chain of transmission in his Musnad Volume 5, Hadith
Number 422;

# Imam Tabrani also documents it in his Ma'jam Al-Awsat,
Vol: 1, Page : 94, Hadith number : 284

Rashduct4luv:

I know you hate the guys in the story below...

After leaving the house of the Prophet, Abu Bakr went to the Mosque. He heard Umar say, “The Messenger of Allah did not die.” Thereupon, he said,

“Whoever worships Muhammad (pbuh) should know that Muhammad (pbuh) died. Whoever worships Allah should know that Allah is Hayy (immortal).”

Then, he recited the following verse:

“Muhammad is no more than a Messenger: many were the Messengers that passed away before Him. If he died or was slain, will ye then turn back on your heels? If any did turn back on his heels, not the least harm will he do to Allah; but Allah (on the other hand) will swiftly reward those who (serve him) with gratitude”

# If you study Qur'an well, then you will realize that:

man = body (matter) + ruh

# Death is separation of this two. Therefore whenever a man dies, it is only his body with composition of matter that dies. The haqiqat al-insaniyah (the real self/being) which is ruh never dies rather it is in alam bar'zakhiyah, a real spiritual, more wider and dimensional (latif), more better than this material world.

# You can collaborate this ayah with ayah of being "alive".

# Imam Bukhari gave us a feel of this understanding when he recorded that after the battle of Badr, the DEAD BODIES of Mushriqun were laid in a pit, and Nabi moved closer to the pit and addressed them if they've seen reality of what he's been preaching to them. Umar Ibn Khattab with surprise said, " but they are dead and cannot hear you".

Nabi told him, "they hear and see and understood more than you do in the state they are now".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by AlBaqir(m): 12:27pm On Dec 01, 2017
error4040:

Asalaualaiqum.

LoL As a muslim the only reason I still consider Saudi is .
1. the kaabah is the Origin of islam
2. saudi is the origin of our religion

but anything other than that All I see down there are mostly bunch of hypocrite muslims who no longer follow the teaching of islam.

~

# Point of correction, Saudi is not the origin of our religion o. The name of that vast area is Hijaz as called even by Nabi himself.

It was when the thieves in the name of Muhammad Ibn Saud in conjunction with a terrorist named Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahab, furiously attacked and killed mercilessly the people of Hijaz and stole their lands that they renamed that place after "Ibn Saud" hence, the name "Saudi Arabia".

error4040:

[i] Lwkmd Bro seriously ??
this Has to be the Funniest post I have come across today. grin grin grin

Reply to Your Excuse on why salat on rug or carpet:

have you not heard of the Masjid is the House of Allah & And it should be kept clean At All times ?
And You're complaining of using Rugs and Carpet.
wait are we expected to be dirty while performing our ibadat ?
lol and their is no claim that The Prophet muh'd (SAW) prefferd performing his salat on empty earth or Dust.

# Yoruba ni, " airin jina lai r'abuke okere".

For a fact, Nabi NEVER prostrated on rug or carpet. It is ONLY on mud, clay, stone, or fibre mat. In fact, foremost Ahlu Sunnah scholars warn people of that Bid'ah (prostration on carpet or rug).

# In sha Allah, I will give you a mention on my new thread on the subject. Then, you will see clear Hadith.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by AlBaqir(m): 12:32pm On Dec 01, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Subhanallah! See this AlBaqir! What can we call this? Hypocrisy or double standard? or just shear hatred for Ahl Sunnah?

Just because Ahl Sunnah say Mawlid is Bid'ah now....then you turn against them. Well, he can still eat his vomit!

# So if I counter your submission or expose your feeble lies, that is "hatred" in your senses?

Anyway, for the record you wonderfully accused me of attacking "Sunnah". And I replied you, " I do not attack the Sunnah of Nabi rather I attack (will continue to attack) the self acclaimed Ahlu Sunnah "

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by Ahmadabd(m): 12:33pm On Dec 01, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Obviously that's one way of doing it. Besides, Nabi never made it obligatory upon us to fast that day. It is he that used the fasting to thank his Lord for the day he was born.

# I have clearly posted alongside the Hadith its web link for verification. Both the English and Arabic text is there for you to confirm. Kindly stop twisting a clear Hadith to suit your position.

# Besides, isn't your understanding laughable? For a fact, Nabi was primarily addressing his sahabah. Are you guys with " Salafi ideology " not maintaining that Sahabah uphold the Sunnah of the Prophet ni? The moment you understand that Hadith to mean what you proposed, then that argument becomes a myth for it will be put into your face that "sahabah forgotten the Sunnah of the Prophet and practice Bid'ah".
this is where you dont get it, the jihad by sheikh uthman bn fodio in hausaland was because the people as of that time have abandonned many practices of the khulafa'ur rasheedun and they have also innovate many practices into the religion. This a perfect example of what the hadith is explaining.

I also didnt bother to check the link U gave, Why? For years I've been arguing with people, abt the interpretation of the hadith, jst understanding a language isnt enough for a to give meaning to anything if find in that language most especially something involving religion. why dont one just read CLINICALLY ORIENTED ANATOMY byv keith L Moore, n then starts to teach, you have to go to a more learned scholar than you, check on what Ibn Umar said regarding the hadith.

Next, I came to understand that your religious belief are all based on what you read on the internet, I will advise us all to go and sit with people we believe to have more knowledge than us regarding this dean (i mean scholars from differnt sects) then at the end, lets be truthful to ourselves, and follow what we understand to be the TRUTH.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:37pm On Dec 01, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Allamah Al-Albani documents in his tahqiq on Sunan Abu Dawud:

Chapter: About Seeking Forgiveness

Aws b. has reported the Messenger of Allah (saw) as saying: "Among the most excellent of your days is Friday; so invoke many blessings on me on that day, for your blessing will be submitted to me." They (the Companions) asked: "Messenger of Allah (saw), how can our blessing be submitted to you when your body is decayed?" He (saw) said: "Allah (swt) has prohibited the earth from consuming the bodies of Prophets (a.s)."

Albani writes: Hadeeth is Saheeh (Authentic).
Source: Saheeh Sunan Aboo Dawood. Vol. 1, Pg. # 290, H. # 1047.

# Imam Al-Haythami also documents:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Masoud from the Prophet (saw) who said: "My life is good for you. You will relate to me and it will be related to you, and my death is good for you, for your actions will be presented to me. If I see goodness, I will praise Allah (swt), and if I see other than that I will ask forgiveness from Him for you."

Footnote: Narrated by Bazzar, its narrator are the narrators of Saheeh (Authentic).

Source: Majma Al-Zawa'id. Vol. 8, Pg. # 427.

# And this is how a senior Sahabi understood it as well:

Imam Ahmad and Imam Hakim document this athar:

It is attributed to Dawud bin Abu Salih. He says: one
day Marwan came and he saw that a man was lying down
with his mouth turned close to the Prophet’s grave . Then he (Marwan) said to him, “Do you know what are you
doing?” When he moved towards him, he saw that it was
Abu Ayyub al-Ansari. (In reply) he said, “ Yes (I know) I
have come to the Messenger of Allah and not to a
stone
. I have heard it from the Messenger of God not to
cry over religion when its guardian is competent. Yes,
shed tears over religion when its guardian is incompetent.
"

Imam Hakim declared it "Sahih" while Imam Dhahabi
"AGREED" with him

Source: Al-Mustadrak ala sahihayn, vol 4, pg. 520, Hadith #
8571, Hadith 515

Imam Ahmad bin Hambal also document it with a sound
chain of transmission in his Musnad Volume 5, Hadith
Number 422;

# Imam Tabrani also documents it in his Ma'jam Al-Awsat,
Vol: 1, Page : 94, Hadith number : 284

# If you study Qur'an well, then you will realize that:

man = body (matter) + ruh

# Death is separation of this two. Therefore whenever a man dies, it is only his body with composition of matter that dies. The haqiqat al-insaniyah (the real self/being) which is ruh never dies rather it is in alam bar'zakhiyah, a real spiritual, more wider and dimensional (latif), more better than this material world.

# You can collaborate this ayah with ayah of being "alive".

# Imam Bukhari gave us a feel of this understanding when he recorded that after the battle of Badr, the DEAD BODIES of Mushriqun were laid in a pit, and Nabi moved closer to the pit and addressed them if they've seen reality of what he's been preaching to them. Umar Ibn Khattab with surprise said, " but they are dead and cannot hear you".

Nabi told him, "they hear and see and understood more than you do in the state they are now".

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Think not of those as dead who are killed in the way of Allaah. Nay, they are alive, with their Lord, and they have provision.

170. They rejoice in what Allaah has bestowed upon them of His Bounty and rejoice for the sake of those who have not yet joined them, but are left behind (not yet martyred) that on them no fear shall come, nor shall they grieve.

171. They rejoice in a grace and a bounty from Allaah, and that Allaah will not waste the reward of the believers”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:169-171]

“And say not of those who are killed in the way of Allaah, ‘They are dead.’ Nay, they are living, but you perceive (it) not”

[al-Baqarah 2:154]

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said:

What is meant is that they are alive with their Lord, as it says in the verse from Aal ‘Imraan, but it is the life of al-barzakh and we do not know how it is. They have no need for food, drink or air, hence Allaah says “but you perceive (it) not” i.e., you do not perceive that they are living, because it is the life of al-barzakh in the unseen. If Allaah had not told us about it we would have no knowledge of it.

Another thing we learn from the verse is that the martyrs are alive, but it is the life of al-barzakh which is nothing like life in this world, rather it is better and greater, but we do not know how it is. End quote.

Tafseer Soorat al-Baqarah (2/176, 177).

Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali (may Allaah have mercy on him) said, under the heading: Chapter on the location of the souls of the dead in al-Barzakh:

As for the martyrs, most of the scholars are of the view that they are in Paradise. There are many ahaadeeth which speak of that.

In Saheeh Muslim (1887) it is narrated that Masrooq said: We asked ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood about this verse: “Think not of those as dead who are killed in the way of Allaah . Nay, they are alive, with their Lord, and they have provision” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:169]. He said: We also asked about that, and he (the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)) said: “Their souls are in the crops of green birds, which have lamps hanging from the Throne, and they roam freely wherever they want in Paradise, then they return to those lamps…”

Imam Ahmad, Abu Dawood and al-Haakim narrated, in a report that was classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb (1379), from Sa’eed ibn Jubayr, that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When your brethren were slain at Uhud, your Lord put their souls in the crops of green birds that go to the rivers of Paradise and eat of its fruits, then they go back to lamps of gold that are hanging in the shade of the Throne. When they find their food and drink and abode they said: Who will convey to our brethren that we are alive in Paradise and receiving provision, so that they will not give up fighting or turn away from jihad? And Allaah said: I shall tell them about you. Then Allaah, may He be exalted, revealed the verse: ‘Think not of those as dead who are killed in the way of Allaah . Nay, they are alive, with their Lord, and they have provision’ [Aal ‘Imraan 3:169].”

Al-Tirmidhi and al-Haakim narrated, in a report that was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb (13762) from Ibn ‘Abbaas that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I saw Ja’far ibn Abi Taalib as an angel flying in Paradise with the angels, with two wings.” End quote.

Ahwaal al-Quboor (p. 92-104)

Can you tell us how the Prophet is Alive for us to be celebrating birthdays for him?

2 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by dharmie12(m): 12:42pm On Dec 01, 2017
REASONS WHY WE SHOULD CELEBRATE MOULUD.
All Praises is due to Almighty Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala, Peace and Blessings be upon the most perfect of creations, His Beloved Habeeb, Sayyiduna Wa Maulana Rasoolullah Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam his Noble Family and the Illustrious Sahaba Ridwanullahi Ta'ala Alaihim Ajma'een and all the pious servants of Almighty Allah.
In present era we are suffering from some self-aclaimed scholars who imposes verdicts of Shirk and Bid’ah on those who celebrate Moulid an-Nabiy Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam with great enthusiasm and integrity and due to which the simple and straightforward people who are less in knowledge of Qur’an and Hadith get nervous whether they are following the Truth or not.
Here are some ample reason why we should celebrate our beloved Rasulullah Sallallahu alaihi wasallam.
��
ﻗَﺎﻝَ ﻋِﻴﺴَﻰ ﺍﺑْﻦُ ﻣَﺮْﻳَﻢَ ﺍﻟﻠَّﻬُﻢَّ ﺭَﺑَّﻨَﺎ ﺃَﻧﺰِﻝْ ﻋَﻠَﻴْﻨَﺎ ﻣَﺂﺋِﺪَﺓً ﻣِّﻦَ ﺍﻟﺴَّﻤَﺎﺀِ ﺗَﻜُﻮﻥُ ﻟَﻨَﺎ ﻋِﻴﺪﺍً ﻷَﻭَّﻟِﻨَﺎ ﻭَﺁﺧِﺮِﻧَﺎ ﻭَﺁﻳَﺔً ﻣِّﻨﻚَ ﻭَﺍﺭْﺯُﻗْﻨَﺎ ﻭَﺃَﻧﺖَ ﺧَﻴْﺮُ ﺍﻟﺮَّﺍﺯِﻗِﻴﻦَ
Isah the son of Maryam, said, “O Allah, O our Lord! Send down to us a table spread from heaven, so that it may become a day of celebration for us – for our former and latter people - and a sign from You; and give us sustenance - and You are the Best Provider Of Sustenance.”
[Surah Al-Ma’idah, Verse 114]
The day when food is sent from skies is day of rejoicing (EID); then the day when soul of universe Peace be with him was born must be the delight for the day of rejoicing.
Look what Allah has said:
ﻭَﺃَﻣَّﺎ ﺑِﻨِﻌْﻤَﺔِ ﺭَﺑِّﻚَ ﻓَﺤَﺪِّﺙْ
And abundantly proclaim the favours of your Lord. [Surah Al-Duha, Verse 11]

What is the great favors Allah has bestowed on us that is worth celebrating?
Let's see some verses from the Qur'an.
ﻟَﻘَﺪْ ﻣَﻦَّ ﺍﻟﻠﻪُ ﻋَﻠَﻰ ﺍﻟْﻤُﺆﻣِﻨِﻴﻦَ ﺇِﺫْ ﺑَﻌَﺚَ ﻓِﻴﻬِﻢْ ﺭَﺳُﻮﻻً ﻣِّﻦْ ﺃَﻧﻔُﺴِﻬِﻢْ ﻳَﺘْﻠُﻮﺍْ ﻋَﻠَﻴْﻬِﻢْ ﺁﻳَﺎﺗِﻪِ ﻭَﻳُﺰَﻛِّﻴﻬِﻢْ ﻭَﻳُﻌَﻠِّﻤُﻬُﻢُ ﺍﻟْﻜِﺘَﺎﺏَ ﻭَﺍﻟْﺤِﻜْﻤَﺔَ ﻭَﺇِﻥ ﻛَﺎﻧُﻮﺍْ ﻣِﻦ ﻗَﺒْﻞُ ﻟَﻔِﻲ ﺿَﻼﻝٍ ﻣُّﺒِﻴﻦٍ
Allah has indeed bestowed a great favour upon the Muslims, in that He sent to them a Noble Messenger (Prophet Mohammed - peace and blessings be upon him) from among them, who recites to them His verses, and purifies them, and teaches them the Book and wisdom; and before it, they were definitely in open error. [Surah Al-Imran, Verse 164]
ﻳَﺎ ﺃَﻳُّﻬَﺎ ﺍﻟﻨَّﺎﺱُ ﻗَﺪْ ﺟَﺎﺀَﺗْﻜُﻢ ﻣَّﻮْﻋِﻈَﺔٌ ﻣِّﻦ ﺭَّﺑِّﻜُﻢْ ﻭَﺷِﻔَﺎﺀٌ ﻟِّﻤَﺎ ﻓِﻲ ﺍﻟﺼُّﺪُﻭﺭِ ﻭَﻫُﺪًﻯ ﻭَﺭَﺣْﻤَﺔٌ ﻟِّﻠْﻤُﺆْﻣِﻨِﻴﻦَ
۔۔۔ ﻗُﻞْ ﺑِﻔَﻀْﻞِ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَﺑِﺮَﺣْﻤَﺘِﻪِ ﻓَﺒِﺬَﻟِﻚَ ﻓَﻠْﻴَﻔْﺮَﺣُﻮﺍْ ﻫُﻮَ ﺧَﻴْﺮٌ ﻣِّﻤَّﺎ ﻳَﺠْﻤَﻌُﻮﻥَ
O mankind! The advice has come to you from your Lord and a cure for the hearts - and guidance and mercy for believers. Say, “Upon Allah’s munificence and upon His mercy - upon these should the people rejoice”; that is better than all their wealth and possessions. [Surah Al-Yunus, Verse 57/58]
ﻟَﻘَﺪْ ﺟَﺎﺀَﻛُﻢْ ﺭَﺳُﻮﻝٌ ﻣِّﻦْ ﺃَﻧﻔُﺴِﻜُﻢْ ﻋَﺰِﻳﺰٌ ﻋَﻠَﻴْﻪِ ﻣَﺎ ﻋَﻨِﺘُّﻢْ ﺣَﺮِﻳﺺٌ ﻋَﻠَﻴْﻜُﻢ ﺑِﺎﻟْﻤُﺆْﻣِﻨِﻴﻦَ ﺭَﺅُﻭﻑٌ ﺭَّﺣِﻴﻢٌ
Indeed there has come to you a Noble Messenger from among you - your falling into hardship aggrieves him, most concerned for your well being, for the Muslims most compassionate, most merciful. [Surah Tauba, Verse 128]
And this is what we do, we celebrate; we rejoice; we do spend our money to show gratitude to Allah Almighty on his greatest mercy and Blessing i.e. celebrations of Moulud Nabiy because Qur’an Says:
ﻭَﻣَﺎ ﺃَﺭْﺳَﻠْﻨَﺎﻙَ ﺇِﻻ ﺭَﺣْﻤَﺔً ﻟِّﻠْﻌَﺎﻟَﻤِﻴﻦَ
And We did not send you (O dear Prophet Muhammad "SAW"wink except as a mercy for the entire world. [Surah Al-Anbiya, Verse 107]
Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam himself commemorated about his birth in numerous Ahadith. But I will only present few of them here.
Let us have the opinions of Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam) who himself celebrated his Birthday.
ﻋَﻦْ ﺃَﺑِﻰ ﻗَﺘَﺎﺩَﺓَ ﺍﻷَﻧْﺼَﺎﺭِﻯِّ ﺭﺿﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻪ ﺃَﻥَّ ﺭَﺳُﻮﻝَ ﺍﻟﻠﻪِ - ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ - ﺳُﺌِﻞَ ﻋَﻦْ ﺻَﻮْﻡِ ﺍﻻِﺛْﻨَﻴْﻦِ ﻓَﻘَﺎﻝَ ‏« ﻓِﻴﻪِ ﻭُﻟِﺪْﺕُ ﻭَﻓِﻴﻪِ ﺃُﻧْﺰِﻝَ ﻋَﻠَﻰَّ
Abi Qatada (Radiyallahu anhu) reported that Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam) was asked about fasting on Monday, whereupon he said: It is (the day) when I was born and revelation was sent down to me.
Ref. Sahih Muslim, Book on Fasting, Page 323, Hadith 2807
When beloved Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam) is celebrating his birthday not yearly but every Monday then how it can be labeled as Shirk or Bid’ah?
ﻛﻨﺖ ﻧﻮﺭﺍ ﺑﻴﻦ ﻳﺪﻯ ﺭﺑﻰ ﻗﺒﻞ ﺧﻠﻖ ﺁﺩﻡ ﺑﺎﺭﺑﻌﺔ ﻋﺸﺮ ﺃﻟﻒ ﻋﺎﻡ
“I was a Noor (Light) between the hand of my creator 14000 years before the creation of Adam (Alaihis Salaam)"
Reference:
5. Tafseer Ruhul Bayan, Page 370, Vol. 2
With the above hadith, I said some time ago on my FB wall that without the birth of prophet there is no Islam.
ﻟَﻤَّﺎ ﻣَﺎﺕَ ﺃَﺑُﻮ ﻟَﻬَﺐ ﺭَﺃَﻳْﺘﻪ ﻓِﻲ ﻣَﻨَﺎﻣِﻲ ﺑَﻌْﺪ ﺣَﻮْﻝ ﻓِﻲ ﺷَﺮّ ﺣَﺎﻝ ﻓَﻘَﺎﻝَ : ﻣَﺎ ﻟَﻘِﻴﺖ ﺑَﻌْﺪﻛُﻢْ ﺭَﺍﺣَﺔ ، ﺇِﻟَّﺎ ﺃَﻥَّ ﺍﻟْﻌَﺬَﺍﺏ ﻳُﺨَﻔَّﻒ ﻋَﻨِّﻲ ﻛُﻞّ ﻳَﻮْﻡ ﺍِﺛْﻨَﻴْﻦِ ، ﻗَﺎﻝَ : ﻭَﺫَﻟِﻚَ ﺃَﻥَّ ﺍﻟﻨَّﺒِﻲّ ﺻَﻠَّﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋَﻠَﻴْﻪِ ﻭَﺳَﻠَّﻢَ ﻭُﻟِﺪَ ﻳَﻮْﻡ ﺍﻟِﺎﺛْﻨَﻴْﻦِ ، ﻭَﻛَﺎﻧَﺖْ ﺛُﻮَﻳْﺒَﺔ ﺑَﺸَّﺮَﺕْ ﺃَﺑَﺎ ﻟَﻬَﺐ ﺑِﻤَﻮْﻟِﺪِﻩِ ﻓَﺄَﻋْﺘَﻘَﻬَﺎ
After his death, people of Abu Lahab's household saw him in a dream, and asked him how he had fared. To this, Abu Lahab said that after departing from them he did not meet with any good but was being given water every Monday from the finger with which he had indicated the emancipation of Suwaibah, and this water lessened his torment.
References:
1. Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 1, Page 153, Hadith No 5101, Kitubun Nikaah
2. Fathul Baari Sharhi Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 9, Page 118 by Imam Ibn Hajr Asqalani.
5. Umdat al-Qari Sharhi Sahih al-Bukhari by Badruddin Aini, Vol. 2, Page 95.
The reason I cited different source on this hadith is that, the Wahabi/Salafis blatantly denounced the hadith saying its weak hadith. Due to their hatred and low knowledge on hadith.
The event, which Imaam Qastalaani has referred to, is this. When a maid of Abu Lahab named Suwaibah informed him of a son being born to his brother Abdullah (may Allah be pleased with him), he (Abu Lahab) was so delighted at herring this that he pointed his finger to her in a manner which signified her emancipation for carrying the good news to him But when the holy Prophet (SallAllahu Alaihi wa Sallam) declared his Prophet hood, he (Abu Lahab) did not accept him as a Prophet but became a most severe enemy to him and remained so all his life. In condemnation of him a whole Surah of the Holy Qur’an descended, but just a moment of happiness on the birth of Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wasallam he was emancipated every Monday.
May we be sacrificed at this Merriment Of blessed upcoming month of Rabul Awwal!!
AMEEN
Your joys has surpass thousands of 'Eids; All people in the world are rejoicing, except Shaytan.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:44pm On Dec 01, 2017
AlBaqir:

# So if I counter your submission or expose your feeble lies, that is "hatred" in your senses?

Anyway, for the record you wonderfully accused me of attacking "Sunnah". And I replied you, " I do not attack the Sunnah of Nabi rather I attack (will continue to attack) the self acclaimed Ahlu Sunnah "

We know who you are.

A Shiite and an acute Sunnahphobic Person. Doesn't really matter what you say...

1 Like

Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by Proffwhyhurry12(m): 12:45pm On Dec 01, 2017
[quote author=Lukgaf post=62872380]As salam alaikum warahmotullah wa barakatuhu.

Alhamdulillah Robil Aalaamee, we are in the month of Rabbiul awwal, which is the month when our Noble Prophet, the Master of all Masters, the Noblest of all Nobles, our Prophet Muhammod - salal Allahu alayhi wa salam - was born. But all over the world, they have turned this month into a celebration of some sort, the celebration we all refer to "Moulud Nabiyy".

Our prophet when he was alived, he did not celebrate this day,nor was he celebrated by his Sahaba after his demise. So what's now our problem of doin what the salafis didn't do.

Below are some cogent reasons why we should not celebrate Milad un Nabawiy.

1. "Milad" (birthday) is not in Islamic shariah, it was later introduced by the Shia Fatimd in Egypt.

2. Historians differed about the date of birth of Prophet Muhammod (s.a.w.s). Some said it's Ramadan, some in Shaban and some in Rabiul awwal.

3. Birthday celebrations have pagan roots, celebrating birthday is not allowed at all.

4. The celebration is neither from sunnah nor Qur'an. Anything that is not part of these two can not be part of islam.

5. Prophet s.a.w.s said, "stick to my sunnah and the sunnah of my rightly guided caliphs, beware of newly invented matters, for every new matter is a Bid'ah and every Bid'ah is misleading." (Trimidhi 2676).

6. Allah says in surah Al Maidah,ayah 3. "This day, I have perfected your religion for you." when Islam is perfect and complete, then who gave the authority to these people to introduce new concepts in Islam?

7. Celebrating 'Milaad' is imitations of Christians and Jews. Jews celebrate birthday of Uzair, while Christians celebrate birthday of Isa (A.s).

8. Prophet Muhammod (s.a.w.s) said, " whoever imitates a sect or people becomes one of them". (Abu Dawood).

9. Prophet Muhammod also said, "be different from Mushrikeen (the Unbelievers)." (Sahih muslim).

10. Prophet Muhammod(s.a.w.s) again said, "Do not exaggerate in praising me".
Wa Allahu...حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو كَامِلٍ فُضَيْلُ بْنُ حُسَيْنٍ الْجَحْدَرِيُّ ، حَدَّثَنَا حَمَّادُ بْنُ زَيْدٍ ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو عِمْرَانَ الْجَوْنِيُّ ، قَالَ : كَتَبَ إِلَيَّ عَبْدُ اللهِ بْنُ رَبَاحٍ الأَنْصَارِيُّ أَنَّ عَبْدَ اللهِ بْنَ عَمْرٍو ، قَالَ: هَجَّرْتُ إِلَى رَسُولِ اللهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ يَوْمًا ، قَالَ: فَسَمِعَ أَصْوَاتَ رَجُلَيْنِ اخْتَلَفَا فِي آيَةٍ ، فَخَرَجَ عَلَيْنَا رَسُولُ اللهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ ، يُعْرَفُ فِي وَجْهِهِ الْغَضَبُ ، فَقَالَ: إِنَّمَا هَلَكَ مَنْ كَانَ قَبْلَكُمْ بِاخْتِلاَفِهِمْ فِي الْكِتَابِ.
Abu `Imran Al-Jawni said: `Abdullah bin Rabah Al-Ansari wrote to me (saying) that `Abdullah bin `Amr said: "I went to the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) one day, and he heard the voices of two men arguing about a Verse (of the Qur`an). The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) came out to them, and signs of anger could be seen on his face. He said: `Those who came before you were only doomed because they argued about the Book.`"

[ Sahih Muslim ]
Download it here for free : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quranreading.sahihmuslim
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by dharmie12(m): 12:47pm On Dec 01, 2017
Rashduct4luv:
Let me share this questions copied from whatsapp.

MAOLUD PROMO WIN AWSRD!

One of our Sincere Brother wants us to repeat his Yearly Eight Millions Questions. For every correct Answer will give you ONE MILLION. The questions goes thus:

(1) Which Year did our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW) first Celebrate his Birthday?

(2) Which Mosque Was Used For The Celebration?

(3) Who Delivered Lecture And on what Topic?

(4) Who Designed The Cake for the celebration?

(5) Which Year and Venue did Caliph Abu Bakr Siddiq celebrate the prophet's MAULD NABIYY?

(6) How many MAWLUD NABIYY did Umar celebrate during his caliphate?

(7) Which Year and Venue did Uthman and Ali did their Mawlud Nabiyy?

(cool Where in the Holy Qur'an has ALLAH prescribed Mawlud Nabiyy?

I hope lucky winners will emerge this Year.
HURRY THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO BECOME A MILLIONAIRE.

However, The answers must come with Evidence in Qur'an and or Hadith Or Pious Predecessors.

Pls don't comment if you've got no evidence-based answers
REASONS WHY WE SHOULD CELEBRATE MOULUD.
All Praises is due to Almighty Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala, Peace and Blessings be upon the most perfect of creations, His Beloved Habeeb, Sayyiduna Wa Maulana Rasoolullah Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam his Noble Family and the Illustrious Sahaba Ridwanullahi Ta'ala Alaihim Ajma'een and all the pious servants of Almighty Allah.
In present era we are suffering from some self-aclaimed scholars who imposes verdicts of Shirk and Bid’ah on those who celebrate Moulid an-Nabiy Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam with great enthusiasm and integrity and due to which the simple and straightforward people who are less in knowledge of Qur’an and Hadith get nervous whether they are following the Truth or not.
Here are some ample reason why we should celebrate our beloved Rasulullah Sallallahu alaihi wasallam.
��
ﻗَﺎﻝَ ﻋِﻴﺴَﻰ ﺍﺑْﻦُ ﻣَﺮْﻳَﻢَ ﺍﻟﻠَّﻬُﻢَّ ﺭَﺑَّﻨَﺎ ﺃَﻧﺰِﻝْ ﻋَﻠَﻴْﻨَﺎ ﻣَﺂﺋِﺪَﺓً ﻣِّﻦَ ﺍﻟﺴَّﻤَﺎﺀِ ﺗَﻜُﻮﻥُ ﻟَﻨَﺎ ﻋِﻴﺪﺍً ﻷَﻭَّﻟِﻨَﺎ ﻭَﺁﺧِﺮِﻧَﺎ ﻭَﺁﻳَﺔً ﻣِّﻨﻚَ ﻭَﺍﺭْﺯُﻗْﻨَﺎ ﻭَﺃَﻧﺖَ ﺧَﻴْﺮُ ﺍﻟﺮَّﺍﺯِﻗِﻴﻦَ
Isah the son of Maryam, said, “O Allah, O our Lord! Send down to us a table spread from heaven, so that it may become a day of celebration for us – for our former and latter people - and a sign from You; and give us sustenance - and You are the Best Provider Of Sustenance.”
[Surah Al-Ma’idah, Verse 114]
The day when food is sent from skies is day of rejoicing (EID); then the day when soul of universe Peace be with him was born must be the delight for the day of rejoicing.
Look what Allah has said:
ﻭَﺃَﻣَّﺎ ﺑِﻨِﻌْﻤَﺔِ ﺭَﺑِّﻚَ ﻓَﺤَﺪِّﺙْ
And abundantly proclaim the favours of your Lord. [Surah Al-Duha, Verse 11]

What is the great favors Allah has bestowed on us that is worth celebrating?
Let's see some verses from the Qur'an.
ﻟَﻘَﺪْ ﻣَﻦَّ ﺍﻟﻠﻪُ ﻋَﻠَﻰ ﺍﻟْﻤُﺆﻣِﻨِﻴﻦَ ﺇِﺫْ ﺑَﻌَﺚَ ﻓِﻴﻬِﻢْ ﺭَﺳُﻮﻻً ﻣِّﻦْ ﺃَﻧﻔُﺴِﻬِﻢْ ﻳَﺘْﻠُﻮﺍْ ﻋَﻠَﻴْﻬِﻢْ ﺁﻳَﺎﺗِﻪِ ﻭَﻳُﺰَﻛِّﻴﻬِﻢْ ﻭَﻳُﻌَﻠِّﻤُﻬُﻢُ ﺍﻟْﻜِﺘَﺎﺏَ ﻭَﺍﻟْﺤِﻜْﻤَﺔَ ﻭَﺇِﻥ ﻛَﺎﻧُﻮﺍْ ﻣِﻦ ﻗَﺒْﻞُ ﻟَﻔِﻲ ﺿَﻼﻝٍ ﻣُّﺒِﻴﻦٍ
Allah has indeed bestowed a great favour upon the Muslims, in that He sent to them a Noble Messenger (Prophet Mohammed - peace and blessings be upon him) from among them, who recites to them His verses, and purifies them, and teaches them the Book and wisdom; and before it, they were definitely in open error. [Surah Al-Imran, Verse 164]
ﻳَﺎ ﺃَﻳُّﻬَﺎ ﺍﻟﻨَّﺎﺱُ ﻗَﺪْ ﺟَﺎﺀَﺗْﻜُﻢ ﻣَّﻮْﻋِﻈَﺔٌ ﻣِّﻦ ﺭَّﺑِّﻜُﻢْ ﻭَﺷِﻔَﺎﺀٌ ﻟِّﻤَﺎ ﻓِﻲ ﺍﻟﺼُّﺪُﻭﺭِ ﻭَﻫُﺪًﻯ ﻭَﺭَﺣْﻤَﺔٌ ﻟِّﻠْﻤُﺆْﻣِﻨِﻴﻦَ
۔۔۔ ﻗُﻞْ ﺑِﻔَﻀْﻞِ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَﺑِﺮَﺣْﻤَﺘِﻪِ ﻓَﺒِﺬَﻟِﻚَ ﻓَﻠْﻴَﻔْﺮَﺣُﻮﺍْ ﻫُﻮَ ﺧَﻴْﺮٌ ﻣِّﻤَّﺎ ﻳَﺠْﻤَﻌُﻮﻥَ
O mankind! The advice has come to you from your Lord and a cure for the hearts - and guidance and mercy for believers. Say, “Upon Allah’s munificence and upon His mercy - upon these should the people rejoice”; that is better than all their wealth and possessions. [Surah Al-Yunus, Verse 57/58]
ﻟَﻘَﺪْ ﺟَﺎﺀَﻛُﻢْ ﺭَﺳُﻮﻝٌ ﻣِّﻦْ ﺃَﻧﻔُﺴِﻜُﻢْ ﻋَﺰِﻳﺰٌ ﻋَﻠَﻴْﻪِ ﻣَﺎ ﻋَﻨِﺘُّﻢْ ﺣَﺮِﻳﺺٌ ﻋَﻠَﻴْﻜُﻢ ﺑِﺎﻟْﻤُﺆْﻣِﻨِﻴﻦَ ﺭَﺅُﻭﻑٌ ﺭَّﺣِﻴﻢٌ
Indeed there has come to you a Noble Messenger from among you - your falling into hardship aggrieves him, most concerned for your well being, for the Muslims most compassionate, most merciful. [Surah Tauba, Verse 128]
And this is what we do, we celebrate; we rejoice; we do spend our money to show gratitude to Allah Almighty on his greatest mercy and Blessing i.e. celebrations of Moulud Nabiy because Qur’an Says:
ﻭَﻣَﺎ ﺃَﺭْﺳَﻠْﻨَﺎﻙَ ﺇِﻻ ﺭَﺣْﻤَﺔً ﻟِّﻠْﻌَﺎﻟَﻤِﻴﻦَ
And We did not send you (O dear Prophet Muhammad "SAW"wink except as a mercy for the entire world. [Surah Al-Anbiya, Verse 107]
Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam himself commemorated about his birth in numerous Ahadith. But I will only present few of them here.
Let us have the opinions of Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam) who himself celebrated his Birthday.
ﻋَﻦْ ﺃَﺑِﻰ ﻗَﺘَﺎﺩَﺓَ ﺍﻷَﻧْﺼَﺎﺭِﻯِّ ﺭﺿﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻨﻪ ﺃَﻥَّ ﺭَﺳُﻮﻝَ ﺍﻟﻠﻪِ - ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ - ﺳُﺌِﻞَ ﻋَﻦْ ﺻَﻮْﻡِ ﺍﻻِﺛْﻨَﻴْﻦِ ﻓَﻘَﺎﻝَ ‏« ﻓِﻴﻪِ ﻭُﻟِﺪْﺕُ ﻭَﻓِﻴﻪِ ﺃُﻧْﺰِﻝَ ﻋَﻠَﻰَّ
Abi Qatada (Radiyallahu anhu) reported that Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam) was asked about fasting on Monday, whereupon he said: It is (the day) when I was born and revelation was sent down to me.
Ref. Sahih Muslim, Book on Fasting, Page 323, Hadith 2807
When beloved Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam) is celebrating his birthday not yearly but every Monday then how it can be labeled as Shirk or Bid’ah?
ﻛﻨﺖ ﻧﻮﺭﺍ ﺑﻴﻦ ﻳﺪﻯ ﺭﺑﻰ ﻗﺒﻞ ﺧﻠﻖ ﺁﺩﻡ ﺑﺎﺭﺑﻌﺔ ﻋﺸﺮ ﺃﻟﻒ ﻋﺎﻡ
“I was a Noor (Light) between the hand of my creator 14000 years before the creation of Adam (Alaihis Salaam)"
Reference:
5. Tafseer Ruhul Bayan, Page 370, Vol. 2
With the above hadith, I said some time ago on my FB wall that without the birth of prophet there is no Islam.
ﻟَﻤَّﺎ ﻣَﺎﺕَ ﺃَﺑُﻮ ﻟَﻬَﺐ ﺭَﺃَﻳْﺘﻪ ﻓِﻲ ﻣَﻨَﺎﻣِﻲ ﺑَﻌْﺪ ﺣَﻮْﻝ ﻓِﻲ ﺷَﺮّ ﺣَﺎﻝ ﻓَﻘَﺎﻝَ : ﻣَﺎ ﻟَﻘِﻴﺖ ﺑَﻌْﺪﻛُﻢْ ﺭَﺍﺣَﺔ ، ﺇِﻟَّﺎ ﺃَﻥَّ ﺍﻟْﻌَﺬَﺍﺏ ﻳُﺨَﻔَّﻒ ﻋَﻨِّﻲ ﻛُﻞّ ﻳَﻮْﻡ ﺍِﺛْﻨَﻴْﻦِ ، ﻗَﺎﻝَ : ﻭَﺫَﻟِﻚَ ﺃَﻥَّ ﺍﻟﻨَّﺒِﻲّ ﺻَﻠَّﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋَﻠَﻴْﻪِ ﻭَﺳَﻠَّﻢَ ﻭُﻟِﺪَ ﻳَﻮْﻡ ﺍﻟِﺎﺛْﻨَﻴْﻦِ ، ﻭَﻛَﺎﻧَﺖْ ﺛُﻮَﻳْﺒَﺔ ﺑَﺸَّﺮَﺕْ ﺃَﺑَﺎ ﻟَﻬَﺐ ﺑِﻤَﻮْﻟِﺪِﻩِ ﻓَﺄَﻋْﺘَﻘَﻬَﺎ
After his death, people of Abu Lahab's household saw him in a dream, and asked him how he had fared. To this, Abu Lahab said that after departing from them he did not meet with any good but was being given water every Monday from the finger with which he had indicated the emancipation of Suwaibah, and this water lessened his torment.
References:
1. Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 1, Page 153, Hadith No 5101, Kitubun Nikaah
2. Fathul Baari Sharhi Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 9, Page 118 by Imam Ibn Hajr Asqalani.
5. Umdat al-Qari Sharhi Sahih al-Bukhari by Badruddin Aini, Vol. 2, Page 95.
The reason I cited different source on this hadith is that, the Wahabi/Salafis blatantly denounced the hadith saying its weak hadith. Due to their hatred and low knowledge on hadith.
The event, which Imaam Qastalaani has referred to, is this. When a maid of Abu Lahab named Suwaibah informed him of a son being born to his brother Abdullah (may Allah be pleased with him), he (Abu Lahab) was so delighted at herring this that he pointed his finger to her in a manner which signified her emancipation for carrying the good news to him But when the holy Prophet (SallAllahu Alaihi wa Sallam) declared his Prophet hood, he (Abu Lahab) did not accept him as a Prophet but became a most severe enemy to him and remained so all his life. In condemnation of him a whole Surah of the Holy Qur’an descended, but just a moment of happiness on the birth of Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wasallam he was emancipated every Monday.
May we be sacrificed at this Merriment Of blessed upcoming month of Rabul Awwal!!
AMEEN
Your joys has surpass thousands of 'Eids; All people in the world are rejoicing, except Shaytan.
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by Proffwhyhurry12(m): 12:48pm On Dec 01, 2017
Only Shaytaan and co cry because of eid Maulud(quote author=Rashduct4luv post=62873625]Let me share this questions copied from whatsapp.

MAOLUD PROMO WIN AWSRD!

One of our Sincere Brother wants us to repeat his Yearly Eight Millions Questions. For every correct Answer will give you ONE MILLION. The questions goes thus:

(1) Which Year did our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW) first Celebrate his Birthday?

(2) Which Mosque Was Used For The Celebration?

(3) Who Delivered Lecture And on what Topic?

(4) Who Designed The Cake for the celebration?

(5) Which Year and Venue did Caliph Abu Bakr Siddiq celebrate the prophet's MAULD NABIYY?

(6) How many MAWLUD NABIYY did Umar celebrate during his caliphate?

(7) Which Year and Venue did Uthman and Ali did their Mawlud Nabiyy?

(cool Where in the Holy Qur'an has ALLAH prescribed Mawlud Nabiyy?

I hope lucky winners will emerge this Year.
HURRY THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO BECOME A MILLIONAIRE.

However, The answers must come with Evidence in Qur'an and or Hadith Or Pious Predecessors.

Pls don't comment if you've got no evidence-based answers[/quote]
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by Zaikon(m): 1:12pm On Dec 01, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Who told you Prophet didn't "celebrate" his birthday? For a fact, he did mark his birthday every week in a form of worship and praise to his Lord, by fasting. That was what limited document recorded.

# As per the bold, did your salaf ever used " radi'allahu anhu/ha" for themselves during their lifetime? Why are you doing what your Salafs didn't do by saying that phrase after the mention of anyone of them?

# You want to define Islamic sharia for us?

For a fact, nobody has ever come out and claim "Milad" is an obligatory act in the equivalent of Salat, Sawm, Zakat and Hajj.

And for a clear fact, Qur'anic order which we are not even observing dutifully is this:

"That you [people] may believe in Allah and His Messenger and honor him and respect the him and exalt Him morning and afternoon" Quran 48: 9

# And how's the fact that Shia Fatimi of Egypt were the establisher of Mawlud Nabiy made it forbidden to "celebrate" Mawlud?

For a fact, this same Shia Fatimi were the first to establish Islamic university - the prestigious al-Ahzar in Cairo that has produced many Sunni scholars. Why was that not seen as forbidden act?

# Observing Mawlud is a good act in many ways - it honour the Prophet, it brings all Muslims together (where we put aside our differences), its a dhikr (remembrance) of our Prophet etc.

Surah Al-Anaam, vs 160:

"Whoever brings a good deed, he shall have ten like it, and whoever brings an evil deed, he shall be recompensed only with the like of it, and they shall not be
dealt with unjustly

Imam Muslim documents this Hadith:

The Prophet says:

He who introduced some good practice in Islam which was followed after him (by people) he would be assured of reward like one who followed it, without their rewards being diminished in any respect. And he who introduced some evil practice in Islam which had been followed subsequently (by others), he would be required to bear the burden like that of one who followed this (evil practice) without their's being diminished in any respect.

Hadith # 6466
https://sunnah.com/muslim/47/26

# So, is this really a reason to tag Mawlud a forbidden act?

Anyway, for a clear fact, most widely acceptable date is Rabiul Awwal. Other dates do not have reliable source.

# Are we celebrating the pagan way? Whenever your Saudi masters are celebrating Al-Saud state anniversary with giant cake designed with the picture of King Salman, that obviously is Pagan way and we wonder where were your fatwa manufacturing scholars (starting from troglodyte Mufti of Saudi) to declare it Haram but they are too quick to carelessly declare Mawlud an Haram act.

# For a fact, in Sura Maryam, Allah specifically made mention of 3 days in human life: his day of BIRTH, DEATH and RESURRECTION.

* And practically, our Lord "sends" His abundant salam upon His Prophets Yahya and Eesa. Were these two blessed anbiya devoid of Allah's blessings outside these 3 days? Why did Allah specifically mention those days?

* If that could be done to Yahya and Eesa, why not for Imam of anbiya, hazrat Muhammad, salallahu alayhi wa ahli?!

* Believers are commanded in surah Ahzab: 56 to send Praise and Salam upon the Prophet. A specific dates (of birth, death and resurrection) were mention (in the case of Yahya and Eesa), so how's "celebrating Mawlud" with lots of salawat wa Salam upon Nabi a forbidden act?!

# So in your belief, anything not mentioned by these two sources is not Islam?

Neither Qur'an nor Hadith ORDERED the believers:

* to say, radiyallahu anhum after mentioning any Sahabi

* to place your forehead in sujjud upon rug or carpet, on the contrary Nabi only placed and emphasised on doing sajdah upon the EARTH, DUST.

* to perform 20 rakat tarawih in Jama'ah after salat Ishai, for 29/30 days. (The closest submission you could bring is that Prophet only prayed his usual qiyam layl of 11 rakaat, and not after Ishai 20 rakaat. And for a fact, those 3 or 4 days that sahabah prayed behind him uninvited were documented to be 23rd, 25th, 27th midnights of Ramadan).

* Lots of examples to count from.

jazakallahu khairan bijahi khairi Bariyya
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by harmeadA(m): 1:15pm On Dec 01, 2017
You guys can do this all day with proofs and counter proofs , hadiths and counter hadiths and it can go on and on and on...

But the fact remains that we are all Khalifas and that means we don't make rules of our own rather we follow the rules laid down by our predecessors...

If He muhammed saw didn't do it
If the four rightly guided khalifas didn't do it
If he muhhamed saw didn't do it for his predecessors
If the rightly guided generations who were more pious and obedient to their rabb than we are today didn't do it so why are we doing it? Why should we do it?

Do we know better than Muhammed saw? Do we know better than the sahabas? Do we know better than the rightly guided khalifs? Do our imams and sheikhs and others who said we could do it and came with proofs more knowledgeable than the rightly guided khalifs?

You can keep sipping through hadiths and verses of the Quran looking for loopholes and twisting hadiths but the fact still remains , this Quran is the same Quran the sahabas read, the same sunnah they followed. so if they had all of this , saw all this hadiths and verses that those who celebrate maulud are using today to justify the maulud and yet they didn't celebrate it then I see no reason why we should because they knew better than we do without an atom of doubt....

*And Allah knows best*

3 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by blacq2009(m): 2:28pm On Dec 01, 2017
mammanbawa:

Uncle Muhammad, do you have any qur'anic quotation to support your own claim?
"Innallah wal malaiketahu yusolluna ala nabiyy, yaa ayuhallazeena aamanu sollu alayhi wa sallimuu tasliima". Allah and the angels sends salutations to the Prophet. O you who believe, send ye salutations to him.
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by mammanbawa: 2:31pm On Dec 01, 2017
blacq2009:

"Innallah wal malaiketahu yusolluna ala nabiyy, yaa ayuhallazeena aamanu sollu alayhi wa sallimuu tasliima". Allah and the angels sends salutations to the Prophet. O you who believe, send ye salutations to him.

Wa'iyazubillah. Sending salutations is now moulud?
Does that mean you can't say the salawat if it's not on moulud.

1 Like

Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by blacq2009(m): 2:41pm On Dec 01, 2017
mammanbawa:

Wa'iyazubillah. Sending salutations is now moulud? Does that mean you can't say the salawat if it's not on moulud.
And what makes it forbidden if you send salutations on mouloud grounds, bro?
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by error4040: 2:49pm On Dec 01, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Point of correction, Saudi is not the origin of our religion o. The name of that vast area is Hijaz as called even by Nabi himself.

It was when the thieves in the name of Muhammad Ibn Saud in conjunction with a terrorist named Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahab, furiously attacked and killed mercilessly the people of Hijaz and stole their lands that they renamed that place after "Ibn Saud" hence, the name "Saudi Arabia"

LoL brother I believe the bolded wether Hijaz or Saudi its still the same location.
and the religion Originated there

AlBaqir:

For a fact, Nabi NEVER prostrated on rug or carpet. It is ONLY on mud, clay, stone, or fibre mat. In fact, foremost Ahlu Sunnah scholars warn people of that Bid'ah (prostration on carpet or rug).

# In sha Allah, I will give you a mention on my new thread on the subject. Then, you will see clear Hadith.

Am looking foward to that
grin grin grin
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by yazach: 3:27pm On Dec 01, 2017
yasolan:

It's not gibberish. Read, reason and ponder.

What is this one saying
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by murtaj(m): 3:28pm On Dec 01, 2017
This is not the best for us in Nigeria as a Muslim should be doing... We should rather come as one and rehabilitate ourselves on the Deen.
If we are doing like this wat do we expect from the unbelievers to do......
May the Lord make the Deen easy for us
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by yazach: 3:36pm On Dec 01, 2017
If moludi will be a good deed, the best people would have Don it

2 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by barbstee(m): 3:49pm On Dec 01, 2017
I wonder how someone will write epistle in support of mawlud.
#theendisnear

1 Like

Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by mammanbawa: 3:55pm On Dec 01, 2017
blacq2009:

And what makes it forbidden if you send salutations on mouloud grounds, bro?

The concept of moulud in its entirety is questionable. The birthday of Rasulullah is not ascertained, and the points raised by tijjaniya scholars to qualify moulud are not valid points. Like giving reference to an ayah in suratul maryam. I'll believe the concept if and only if a tangible reference is given. It's not that good deeds are not Godly even if they're outside Hadith and sunnah. Some Bid'ahs are not questionable. Imagine beating the chest like lunatics to celebrate the most kind and peaceful creation ever known to mankind. How's that? Though not all mouluds are celebrated without morality

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fatwa On Muslims Congratulating Non-muslims On Their Holidays / The Universe Came Into Existence After Not Existing / Muslim Brothers & Sisters: Barka de Sallah!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 185
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.