Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,925 members, 7,824,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy (18917 Views)

Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy / Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy / Reasons Why We Should Celebrate Maolid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by blacq2009(m): 4:42pm On Dec 01, 2017
mammanbawa:

The concept of moulud in its entirety is questionable. The birthday of Rasulullah is not ascertained, and the points raised by tijjaniya scholars to qualify moulud are not valid points. Like giving reference to an ayah in suratul maryam. I'll believe the concept if and only if a tangible reference is given. It's not that good deeds are not Godly even if they're outside Hadith and sunnah. Some Bid'ahs are not questionable. Imagine beating the chest like lunatics to celebrate the most kind and peaceful creation ever known to mankind. How's that? Though not all mouluds are celebrated without morality
So celebrating the best of creation in anyway is prohibited, huh? Wahabis and their hatred for Mustapha though. But for your information, Saudi is celebrating him this year. Salaamu alaykum warahmatullah wa barakatuh!
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by Empiree: 6:15pm On Dec 01, 2017
Ahmadabd:
v
Why did you remove your post?. Anyways, are you ready to revive this sunnah without looking like you are "celebrating" Mawlid?.

Here is the hadith narrated in Sunna Nasai, It was narrated that Abu Sa'eed Al-Khudri said:

"Mu'awiyah, (may Allah be pleased with him,) said: 'The Messenger of Allah [SAW] went out to a circle - meaning, of his Companions - and said: 'What are you doing?' They said: 'We have come together to pray to Allah and praise Him for guiding us to His religion, and blessing us with you.' He said: 'I ask you, by Allah, is that the only reason?' They said: 'By Allah, we have not come together for any other reason.' He said: 'I am not asking you to swear to an oath because of any suspicion; rather Jibril came to me and told me that Allah, the Mighty and Sublime, is boasting of you to the angels.'"

When was the last time you practised this 'forgotten' sunnah?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79b0yod4RVw

The argument will forever go in cycle and i am not here for that. But seriously, people need to stop calling those who do "alhubidia" or that it was started by Shia fatimid. These are silly excuses that hold no water.

Classification
Sahih

References
al-Nasaa’i Book of the Etiquette of Judges #5428
al-Nasaa’i 5426
Sunan an-Nasaa’i Vol. 6, Book 49, Hadith 5428
Sunan an-Nasaa’i Vol. 6, Book of the Etiquette of Judges, Hadith 5428

Link
Page: https://muflihun.com/nasai/49/5428

As-salaam alaika Ya' rosula'llah

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by mammanbawa: 6:46pm On Dec 01, 2017
blacq2009:

So celebrating the best of creation in anyway is prohibited, huh? Wahabis and their hatred for Mustapha though. But for your information, Saudi is celebrating him this year. Salaamu alaykum warahmatullah wa barakatuh!

He celebrated himself by fasting every week and not feasting and partying. Wahabis do not hate Mustapha and FYI I'm not a wahabi. Common sense should tell you the way moulud is being celebrated is unethical, boys and girls mixing up and feasting all in the name of religion. An act that was never carried out in the era of khaliphs and other great scholars. Do you think they wouldn't do it had it been a righteous thing. They were the closest to the prophet and loved him more than any being alive. So tell me.... Wa'alaikumu salaam warahmatullah wabarakatuh.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by blacq2009(m): 6:50pm On Dec 01, 2017
mammanbawa:

He celebrated himself by fasting every week and not feasting and partying. Wahabis do not hate Mustapha and FYI I'm not a wahabi. Common sense should tell you the way moulud upis being celebrated is unethical, boys and girls mixing up and feasting all in the name of religion. An act that was never carried out in the era of khaliphs and other great scholars. Do you think they wouldn't do it had it been a righteous thing. They were the closest to the prophet and loved him more than any being alive. So tell me.... Wa'alaikumu salaam warahmatullah wabarakatuh.
Hahahahah. In the era of caliphs? Why not the use the prophet himself. You guys seem to elevate the caliphs over the prophet. But both boys and girls mix to celebrate eids, right. How unfair an excuse?

1 Like

Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by mammanbawa: 7:03pm On Dec 01, 2017
blacq2009:

Hahahahah. In the era of caliphs? Why not the use the prophet himself. You guys seem to elevate the caliphs over the prophet. But both boys and girls mix to celebrate eids, right. How unfair an excuse?

I'm not using the prophet. You claim to celebrate moulud out of love and respect for him. I don't think you love and respect him more than the sahaba, they never celebrated moulud. The eid prayer ground has a section for every gender, whoever decides to mix up with the opposite sex is on his own, Islam never allowed that.
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by blacq2009(m): 9:28pm On Dec 01, 2017
mammanbawa:

I'm not using the prophet. You claim to celebrate moulud out of love and respect for him. I don't think you love and respect him more than the sahaba, they never celebrated moulud. The eid prayer ground has a section for every gender, whoever decides to mix up with the opposite sex is on his own, Islam never allowed that.
That the caliphs loved the prophet more than anybody else is laughable. But that is a topic for another day. Who ever mixes with the opposite sex at a moulud venue is on his own too. Stop imposing extremist Islam on people, biko.
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by GoodGovernance: 9:40pm On Dec 01, 2017
This is rubbish,religious extremism.

I serve a dynamic GOD, Allah that will never put me to hell fire because I celebrated the birthday of his prophet,more so when there is no express provision to the contrary.

We celebrate happy and memorable moments of which birthday is one of them.

People like the OP should stop causing confusion in the land.

1 Like

Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by mammanbawa: 10:34pm On Dec 01, 2017
blacq2009:

That the caliphs loved the prophet more than anybody else is laughable. But that is a topic for another day. Who ever mixes with the opposite sex at a moulud venue is on his own too. Stop imposing extremist Islam on people, biko.

It is a topic for today. Some of them died for him. Let's not go to the extreme with this argument. You're annoying me already for trying to make the sahabas look like just any other person. Mr man, you will never love your parents and wife like the sahabas loved the prophet. Take it or leave it. Go and die

1 Like

Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by mammanbawa: 10:35pm On Dec 01, 2017
GoodGovernance:

I serve a dynamic GOD, Allah that will never put me to hell fire because I celebrated the birthday of his prophet,more so when there is no express provision to the contrary.

Think with a calm mind. The moulud celebrations that are ongoing, are they in anyway moral and ethical?
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by blacq2009(m): 11:11pm On Dec 01, 2017
mammanbawa:

It is a topic for today. Some of them died for him. Let's not go to the extreme with this argument. You're annoying me already for trying to make the sahabas look like just any other person. Mr man, you will never love your parents and wife like the sahabas loved the prophet. Take it or leave it. Go and die
I should go and die? What Islam-like behavior. Your ilks are the reason Islam is a global ridicule today. Zero tolerance! But lemme educate you. Sahaba was not a status one could achieve by being pious or whatever. Any Muslim around the prophet was an automatic sahaba. That's why some of them were hypocrites. Some of them abandoned the prophet when he needed them most and took to their heels in battle. Go check it out in surat Ahzab 9-21. You mentioned me first. So if there's anyone to gerarahia first, that is you. Salam
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by blacq2009(m): 11:12pm On Dec 01, 2017
GoodGovernance:

No mind am sef.
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by blacq2009(m): 11:15pm On Dec 01, 2017
mammanbawa:

Think with a calm mind. The moulud celebrations that are ongoing, are they in anyway moral and ethical?
What's immoral and unethical about moulud? Tell me. You're ain't following Prophet Mohammed's religion anymore. You're a 'Saudist'.
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by Empiree: 1:28am On Dec 02, 2017

1 Like

Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by mammanbawa: 6:00am On Dec 02, 2017
blacq2009:

I should go and die? What Islam-like behavior. Your ilks are the reason Islam is a global ridicule today. Zero tolerance! But lemme educate you. Sahaba was not a status one could achieve by being pious or whatever. Any Muslim around the prophet was an automatic sahaba. That's why some of them were hypocrites. Some of them abandoned the prophet when he needed them most and took to their heels in battle. Go check it out in surat Ahzab 9-21. You mentioned me first. So if there's anyone to gerarahia first, that is you. Salam

And the hypocrites among them were fished out while the pious ones remained pious even after his death. They threaded in his path and lead the people the right way.
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by mammanbawa: 6:05am On Dec 02, 2017
blacq2009:

What's immoral and unethical about moulud? Tell me. You're ain't following Prophet Mohammed's religion anymore. You're a 'Saudist'.

I'm a muslim belonging to no sect. Like I said it's just common sense. I live in the north and I'm Hausa, I've gone places and I don't think there's any other ethnic group in Nigeria that celebrates moulud more than the Hausas. I haven't come across any celebration without music and dance (which is basically haram) and the mixing of genders (in which grievous sins are committed). Though I know some people do not celebrate moulud in a party like manner. The party riders are the majority and the ones carrying across the message by manning the streets. And the dariqas have gone extra mile to celebrate their sheikhs in what they call moulud again.

1 Like

Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by blacq2009(m): 7:16am On Dec 02, 2017
mammanbawa:

I'm a muslim belonging to no sect. Like I said it's just common sense. I live in the north and I'm Hausa, I've gone places and I don't think there's any other ethnic group in Nigeria that celebrates moulud more than the Hausas. I haven't come across any celebration without music and dance (which is basically haram) and the mixing of genders (in which grievous sins are committed). Though I know some people do not celebrate moulud in a party like manner. The party riders are the majority and the ones carrying across the message by manning the streets. And the dariqas have gone extra mile to celebrate their sheikhs in what they call moulud again.
You should have say some people celebrate it amidst music and dance and mixing of genders. Are you using the actions of some people to judge a whole? You got it wrong, bro. So is it right for a non Muslim to brand all Muslims boko haram, ISIS or Al shabab? Let's practice moderate Islam, at least.
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by blacq2009(m): 7:24am On Dec 02, 2017
mammanbawa:

And the hypocrites among them were fished out while the pious ones remained pious even after his death. They threaded in his path and lead the people the right way.
They were still there in the lifetime and even after the prophet. I'm not getting stubborn with you. But I just see this debate as an opportunity for us all learn. But you were quick to boo me with the gerrahia whereas non Muslims are reading and learning here. Be a bit tolerant next time. Allah says 'Call unto the way of your Lord with wisdom and a goodly exhortation. And reason with them in the best of ways'. Sorry I annoyed you, bro. Peace to you, your family and all around you. Salam.
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by mammanbawa: 8:34am On Dec 02, 2017
blacq2009:

They were still there in the lifetime and even after the prophet. I'm not getting stubborn with you. But I just see this debate as an opportunity for us all learn. But you were quick to boo me with the gerrahia whereas non Muslims are reading and learning here. Be a bit tolerant next time. Allah says 'Call unto the way of your Lord with wisdom and a goodly exhortation. And reason with them in the best of ways'. Sorry I annoyed you, bro. Peace to you, your family and all around you. Salam.

Ya akhee I was a bit pissed off when you said "the khaliphs love the prophet more than anyone else is laughable". The khaliphs are Abubakr, Umarudeen, Uthman and Aliyu. They were the most senior Sahabas and they never were hypocrites that's what I want you to understand. More so, it don't think any memorabilia in the Prophet's name to show love and respect for him could have gone past them cos they were the closest to him and loved him the most. Sorry I had to use vague words. Peace

Btw: can you name any of the hypocrite sahabas that outlived the prophet and continued as Muslims?
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by blacq2009(m): 9:19am On Dec 02, 2017
mammanbawa:

Ya akhee I was a bit pissed off when you said "the khaliphs love the prophet more than anyone else is laughable". The khaliphs are Abubakr, Umarudeen, Uthman and Aliyu. They were the most senior Sahabas and they never were hypocrites that's what I want you to understand. More so, it don't think any memorabilia in the Prophet's name to show love and respect for him could have gone past them cos they were the closest to him and loved him the most. Sorry I had to use vague words. Peace

Btw: can you name any of the hypocrite sahabas that outlived the prophet and continued as Muslims?
I can't name any, honestly. And I think, some of them, even the Prophet couldn't either have. Refer to Sura Tauba 101.
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by AlBaqir(m): 9:47am On Dec 02, 2017
Ahmadabd:

this is where you dont get it, the jihad by sheikh uthman bn fodio in hausaland was because the people as of that time have abandonned many practices of the khulafa'ur rasheedun and they have also innovate many practices into the religion. This a perfect example of what the hadith is explaining.

# Obviously you are the one that do not get it, not me. You have failed to understand the difference between:

* Revival of a lost Sunnah, and

* Introducing good deeds in to Islam.

# The verse of the Qur'an and Hadith I have posted, both talk about " introducing good acts/deeds", but you are talking about "reviving lost Sunnah". Absolutely the two are different things.

* Using of microphone and speaker in Adhan, Iqamat

* Qur'an in application, book form, etc

* Harakat (vowel sounds) on the huruf of the Qur'an etc

All these were never part of Sunnah, they are introduced into Islam, and we tagged them "good deeds". Or are they Bid'ah in the definition of misguidance?

Therefore, in the definition of good deeds/acts is what those who used to celebrate Mawlud Nabiy, also placed it. How do you celebrate it, is another thing entirely.
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by mammanbawa: 10:00am On Dec 02, 2017
blacq2009:

I can't name any, honestly. And I think, some of them, even the Prophet couldn't either have. Refer to Sura Tauba 101.

Those who claimed to be companions of the prophet were not really Muslims cos Allah cursed them, I don't need to tell you that there's no Sahaba that's not a muslim. One of the conditions that make one a sahaba (must be a muslim and have been around the prophet and also a good ambassador of Islam)
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by blacq2009(m): 11:11am On Dec 02, 2017
mammanbawa:

Those who claimed to be companions of the prophet were not really Muslims cos Allah cursed them, I don't need to tell you that there's no Sahaba that's not a muslim. One of the conditions that make one a sahaba (must be a muslim and have been around the prophet and also a good ambassador of Islam)
It's not one of the conditions. It is all it took for one to be a sahaba. If you lived in the prophet's era and say 'there's no God but Allah and Mohammed is his messenger' you're an automatic sahaba. Whether or not your declaration is true or false. But Allah says it is He who knows the hypocrites amongst them. Let's look at this analogy, you're a Muslim and Islam forbids backbiting, lies, fornication etc. Do you not catch yourself engrossed a particular sin or the other, sometimes? It was so with the sahaba too. They had their shortcomings too as humans.
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by AlBaqir(m): 12:05pm On Dec 02, 2017
mammanbawa

and

blacq2009:

It's not one of the conditions. It is all it took for one to be a sahaba. If you lived in the prophet's era and say 'there's no God but Allah and Mohammed is his messenger' you're an automatic sahaba. Whether or not your declaration is true or false. But Allah says it is He who knows the hypocrites amongst them. Let's look at this analogy, you're a Muslim and Islam forbids backbiting, lies, fornication etc. Do you not catch yourself engrossed a particular sin or the other, sometimes? It was so with the sahaba too. They had their shortcomings too as humans.

# Respected brothers, I have been following your discussion, and I felt like shedding more light on it.

# I must submit that blacq2009 is very correct. For a fact, the Prophet counted even the Munafiqun (those who were outwardly Muslims but were indeed disbelievers) and the apostates among his sahabah. The point however is:

1. Not all the sahabah were righteous, among them were Munafiqun and apostates

2. Righteous companions are praised (and respected) and promised Jannah. For example see surah Tawbah: 100

3. Fake companions are rebuked, cursed and promised hell fire. For example see Tawbah: 101

Imam Muslim documents in his sahih

Chapter: Characteristics of The Hypocrites And Rulings Concerning Them

HADITH ONE

Qais reported:

I said to 'Ammar: What is your opinion about that which you have done in case (of your siding with Hadrat 'Ali)? Is it your personal opinion or something you got from Allah's Messenger (s )? 'Ammar said: We have got nothing from Allah's Messenger (s) which people at large did not get, but Hudhaifa told me that Allah's Apostle (s) had especially told him amongst his Companion, that there would be twelve hypocrites out of whom eight would not get into Paradise, until a camel would be able to pass through the needle hole. The ulcer would be itself sufficient (to kill) eight. So far as four are concerned, I do not remember what Shu'ba said about them.

Reference : Sahih Muslim 2779 a
In-book reference : Book 51, Hadith 12
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 38, Hadith 6688

HADITH TWO

Abu Tufail reported that there was a dispute between Hudhaifa and one from the people of Aqaba as it happens amongst people. He said: I adjure you by Allah to tell me as to how many people from Aqaba were. The people said to him (Hudhaifa) to inform him as he had asked. We have been informed that they were fourteen and If you are to be counted amongst them, then they would be fifteen and I state by Allah that twelve amongst them were the enemies of Allah and of His Messenger (s) in this world. The rest of the three put forward this excuse: We did not hear the announcement of Allah's Messenger (s) and we were not aware of the intention of the people as he (the Holy Prophet) had been in the hot atmosphere. He (the Holy Prophet) then said: The water is small in quantity (at the next station). So nobody should go ahead of me, but he found people who had gone ahead of him and he cursed them on that day.

Reference : Sahih Muslim 2779 c
In-book reference : Book 51, Hadith 14
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 38, Hadith 6690
https://sunnah.com/muslim/51

# ON APOSTATES AMONG THE SAHABAH

HADITH THREE

Imām al-Bukhārī in his Ṣaḥīḥ (Beirut: Dār Ibn Kathīr; 3rd edition, 1407 H) [annotator: Dr. Muṣṭafā Dīb al-Baghā], vol. 5, p. 2407, # 6214:

"Aḥmad b. Ṣāliḥ – Ibn Wahb – Yūnus – Ibn Shihāb – Ibn
al-Musayyab, who used to narrate from the Ṣaḥābah of
the Prophet, peace be upon him, that the Prophet, peace be
upon him, said:

Some men from my Ṣaḥābah will come to my Lake-Fount and they will be driven away from it. So, I will say, “O my Lord, my Ṣaḥābah!” It will be said, “ You have no knowledge of what they INNOVATED after you: they turned APOSTATES
.”

HADITH FOUR

Imām Muslim also records in his Ṣaḥīḥ, (Beirut: Dār Iḥyā
al-Turāth al-‘Arabī) [annotator: Muḥammad Fuād ‘Abd al-
Bāqī], vol. 4, p. 1800, # 2304 (40):

"Muḥammad b. Ḥātim – ‘Affān b. Muslim al-Ṣaffār –
Wuhayb – ‘Abd al-‘Azīz b. Ṣuhayb – Anas b. Mālik:

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said, “Some persons
from among those who kept me company will meet me at
the Lake-Fount. I will see them, and they will be presented
to me. Then, they will be forced away from me. I will say:
O my Lord, my Ṣaḥābah! My Ṣaḥābah’. It will be said
to me: ‘You do not know what they INNOVATED after you
.’”

https://sunnah.com/bukhari/81

So, it is not necessary that all Sahabah must die upon the truth.
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by mammanbawa: 12:18pm On Dec 02, 2017
AlBaqir and Blacq2009 I see where y'all coming from. Remember in my first post I mentioned khaliphs (khulapha'urrashidun) not the sahabas in general. But do you think the great khaliphs wouldn't have celebrated the prophet's post humous birthday had it been a "good deed" with good intention cos I don't think they're not aware of the prophet's real birthday?
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by blacq2009(m): 12:38pm On Dec 02, 2017
AlBaqir:
mammanbawa

and

# Respected brothers, I have been following your discussion, and I felt like shedding more light on it.

# I must submit that blacq2009 is very correct. For a fact, the Prophet counted even the Munafiqun (those who were outwardly Muslims but were indeed disbelievers) and the apostates among his sahabah. The point however is:

1. Not all the sahabah were righteous, among them were Munafiqun and apostates

2. Righteous companions are praised (and respected) and promised Jannah. For example see surah Tawbah: 100

3. Fake companions are rebuked, cursed and promised hell fire. For example see Tawbah: 101

Imam Muslim documents in his sahih

Chapter: Characteristics of The Hypocrites And Rulings Concerning Them

HADITH ONE

Qais reported:

I said to 'Ammar: What is your opinion about that which you have done in case (of your siding with Hadrat 'Ali)? Is it your personal opinion or something you got from Allah's Messenger (s )? 'Ammar said: We have got nothing from Allah's Messenger (s) which people at large did not get, but Hudhaifa told me that Allah's Apostle (s) had especially told him amongst his Companion, that there would be twelve hypocrites out of whom eight would not get into Paradise, until a camel would be able to pass through the needle hole. The ulcer would be itself sufficient (to kill) eight. So far as four are concerned, I do not remember what Shu'ba said about them.

Reference : Sahih Muslim 2779 a
In-book reference : Book 51, Hadith 12
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 38, Hadith 6688

HADITH TWO

Abu Tufail reported that there was a dispute between Hudhaifa and one from the people of Aqaba as it happens amongst people. He said: I adjure you by Allah to tell me as to how many people from Aqaba were. The people said to him (Hudhaifa) to inform him as he had asked. We have been informed that they were fourteen and If you are to be counted amongst them, then they would be fifteen and I state by Allah that twelve amongst them were the enemies of Allah and of His Messenger (s) in this world. The rest of the three put forward this excuse: We did not hear the announcement of Allah's Messenger (s) and we were not aware of the intention of the people as he (the Holy Prophet) had been in the hot atmosphere. He (the Holy Prophet) then said: The water is small in quantity (at the next station). So nobody should go ahead of me, but he found people who had gone ahead of him and he cursed them on that day.

Reference : Sahih Muslim 2779 c
In-book reference : Book 51, Hadith 14
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 38, Hadith 6690
https://sunnah.com/muslim/51

# ON APOSTATES AMONG THE SAHABAH

HADITH THREE

Imām al-Bukhārī in his Ṣaḥīḥ (Beirut: Dār Ibn Kathīr; 3rd edition, 1407 H) [annotator: Dr. Muṣṭafā Dīb al-Baghā], vol. 5, p. 2407, # 6214:

"Aḥmad b. Ṣāliḥ – Ibn Wahb – Yūnus – Ibn Shihāb – Ibn
al-Musayyab, who used to narrate from the Ṣaḥābah of
the Prophet, peace be upon him, that the Prophet, peace be
upon him, said:

Some men from my Ṣaḥābah will come to my Lake-Fount and they will be driven away from it. So, I will say, “O my Lord, my Ṣaḥābah!” It will be said, “ You have no knowledge of what they INNOVATED after you: they turned APOSTATES
.”

HADITH FOUR

Imām Muslim also records in his Ṣaḥīḥ, (Beirut: Dār Iḥyā
al-Turāth al-‘Arabī) [annotator: Muḥammad Fuād ‘Abd al-
Bāqī], vol. 4, p. 1800, # 2304 (40):

"Muḥammad b. Ḥātim – ‘Affān b. Muslim al-Ṣaffār –
Wuhayb – ‘Abd al-‘Azīz b. Ṣuhayb – Anas b. Mālik:

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said, “Some persons
from among those who kept me company will meet me at
the Lake-Fount. I will see them, and they will be presented
to me. Then, they will be forced away from me. I will say:
O my Lord, my Ṣaḥābah! My Ṣaḥābah’. It will be said
to me: ‘You do not know what they INNOVATED after you
.’”

https://sunnah.com/bukhari/81

So, it is not necessary that all Sahabah must die upon the truth.

Simple!
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by blacq2009(m): 12:42pm On Dec 02, 2017
mammanbawa:
AlBaqir and Blacq2009 I see where y'all coming from. Remember in my first post I mentioned khaliphs (khulapha'urrashidun) not the sahabas in general. But do you think the great khaliphs wouldn't have celebrated the prophet's post humous birthday had it been a "good deed" with good intention cos I don't think they're not aware of the prophet's real birthday?
And you subsequently made it seem all sahabas were pious. Celebrating the prophet could take any form. And definitely can't be a crime either.
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by AlBaqir(m): 12:46pm On Dec 02, 2017
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by AlBaqir(m): 12:46pm On Dec 02, 2017
mammanbawa:

# Am sorry to disappoint you that three of those you mentioned earlier as "Khulafah Rashidun - Rightly guided Caliphs" were not. In fact, they were people of Bid'ah. That's the cruel and cold truth which you might hate to hear/admit.

You can read our exposition here:
www.nairaland.com/3038732/identifying-khulafau-rashidun-rightly-guided

# As per Mawlud Nabiy, am afraid enough have been said. Its not healthy going in circles. The summary however is that Qur'an and authentic Hadith made mention of great reward for whosoever introduce a good deeds in Islam. This, I have commented on by providing references, at the beginning of this thread.

And I wrote this above (on this page) for someone:

"* Using of microphone and speaker in Adhan, Iqamat

* Harakat (vowel sounds) on the huruf (signs) of the Qur'an etc

None of these were ever part of Sunnah, they are introduced into Islam, and we tagged them "good deeds" . Or are they Bid'ah in the definition of misguidance?

Therefore, in the definition of "good deeds/acts" is what those who used to celebrate Mawlud Nabiy, had placed it. How do you celebrate it, is another thing entirely
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by blacq2009(m): 12:58pm On Dec 02, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Am sorry to disappoint you that three of those you mentioned earlier as "Khulafah Rashidun - Rightly guided Caliphs" were not. In fact, they were people of Bid'ah. That's the cruel and cold truth which you might hate to hear/admit.

# As per Mawlud Nabiy, am afraid enough have been said. Its not healthy going in circles. The summary however is that Qur'an and authentic Hadith made mention of great reward for whosoever introduce a good deeds in Islam. This, I have commented on by providing references, at the beginning of this thread.

None of these were ever part of Sunnah, they are introduced into Islam, and we tagged them "good deeds" . Or are they Bid'ah in the definition of misguidance?

Therefore, in the definition of "good deeds/acts" is what those who used to celebrate Mawlud Nabiy, had placed it. How do you celebrate it, is another thing entirely
Truth is bitter. But you served it whilst it's still hot. Three of the 'revered' sahabas were rubbing shoulders with the prophet. Then hadiths concocted to bring them at same par with the rasul. If only the ignorant majority knew they are following the sahabas at the expense of the rasul. The innovations are innumerable. Come to talk of starting Fatihat without Bismillahi..., holding hands in prayer, aamin after Fatihat and performing ablution. May Allah guide us all to the truth. Aamin summa aamin.
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by Empiree: 12:59pm On Dec 02, 2017
mammanbawa:
But do you think the great khaliphs wouldn't have celebrated the prophet's post humous birthday had it been a "good deed" with good intention cos I don't think they're not aware of the prophet's real birthday?
Oga, many things were invented post Nabi(saw) post sahab(ra). Today, we know a lot more than Sahaba in terms of studies. We read books of fiqh and shari'a. Sahaba knew nothing of fiqh. Figh started with tabi'n and tabi'n tabi'n. Despite this, Ta'bin didnt meet levels of sahaba. Why bcus, the presence of nabi(saw) amongst them was magnificent and sufficient. If you wake up sahaba from their graves today and show them books of fiqh, they would have no idea what it is, yet, fiqh is very useful and a good deed. In fiqh today, you can hardly read mentions of sahaba or even nabi(saw). What you hear are the Imams. So i don't get the idea of "if sahaba didnt do it it is bid'a". Do you then consider figh which detail our worship an act of bid'ah?.

mammanbawa:
I'm a muslim belonging to no sect. Like I said it's just common sense. I live in the north and I'm Hausa, I've gone places and I don't think there's any other ethnic group in Nigeria that celebrates moulud more than the Hausas. I haven't come across any celebration without music and dance (which is basically haram)
You really have no valid excuse. Eld which are even legislated, don't we see music and dancing going on there in every culture?. Does that make Eld invalid or bidia?. And says who that dancing and music are haraam?. where is your evidence that dancing is haram?. Here are saudi muftis dancing in this 30 seconds video, it is haram?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO2zmKIUJ2g

And there are bunch of Arab music and dance like this. Where did you get the idea that these are forbidden acts?. Are you putting yourself forward before Allah and His messenger(saw). Making haram and halal is only Allah and His messenger's decision. No one else has the right and there is no new haram and halal after nabi(saw). Free mixing is what shari'a frown upon and that still not excuse that invalidate mawlud. You said yourself it is not even all places of mawlud do free mixing. So what exactly is the problem?. There are some free mixing in legislated Eld as well.

Watch 10 minutes video i posted up there in this page. When are you gonna start reviving that sunnah narrated in sunan Nasai?. Watch and read the hadith up there.
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by mammanbawa: 1:50pm On Dec 02, 2017
Empiree:
Oga, many things were invented post Nabi(saw) post sahab(ra). Today, we know a lot more than Sahaba in terms of studies. We read books of fiqh and shari'a. Sahaba knew nothing of fiqh. Figh started with tabi'n and tabi'n tabi'n. Despite this, Ta'bin didnt meet levels of sahaba. Why bcus, the presence of nabi(saw) amongst them was magnificent and sufficient. If you wake up sahaba from their graves today and show them books of fiqh, they would have no idea what it is, yet, fiqh is very useful and a good deed. In fiqh today, you can hardly read mentions of sahaba or even nabi(saw). What you hear are the Imams. So i don't get the idea of "if sahaba didnt do it it is bid'a". Do you then consider figh which detail our worship an act of bid'ah?.

You really have no valid excuse. Eld which are even legislated, don't we see music and dancing going on there in every culture?. Does that make Eld invalid or bidia?. And says who that dancing and music are haraam?. where is your evidence that dancing is haram?. Here are saudi muftis dancing in this 30 seconds video, it is haram?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO2zmKIUJ2g

And there are bunch of Arab music and dance like this. Where did you get the idea that these are forbidden acts?. Are you putting yourself forward before Allah and His messenger(saw). Making haram and halal is only Allah and His messenger's decision. No one else has the right and there is no new haram and halal after nabi(saw). Free mixing is what shari'a frown upon and that still not excuse that invalidate mawlud. You said yourself it is not even all places of mawlud do free mixing. So what exactly is the problem?. There are some free mixing in legislated Eld as well.

Watch 10 minutes video i posted up there in this page. When are you gonna start reviving that sunnah narrated in sunan Nasai?. Watch and read the hadith up there.
Saudi muftis dancing does not make dancing halal. To the best of my knowledge, only women are allowed to sing and dance in the absence of men.
Re: Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy by mammanbawa: 1:53pm On Dec 02, 2017
AlBaqir:

Quite alright there are good deeds that were never known to the prophet and the sahaba and they're really good deeds like you mentioned earlier and those deeds never led to a bad deed. You're one of the many who celebrate moulud in the appropriate order, what about the thousands that see it as a party or whatsoever. It's a good deed gone bad in their case which should be frowned at and preached against. Sheikhs and scholars must preach moulud as a good deed and also explain the need for morality and decency and also address the mixing of genders including the eid celebrations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Islamic Council Tells Muslims When To Expect New Moon / Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 / Fatwa On Muslims Congratulating Non-muslims On Their Holidays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.