Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Game Of Love (story) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Game Of Love (story) (891 Views)

Nigerian Couple Hold A Game Of Thrones Themed Wedding Unclesuru / "He Saw My Picture And Slid Into My DM” – Instagram User Shares Love Story / This Plus-Sized Lady Is Full Of Love For Herself (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Game Of Love (story) by blacid: 8:15am On Dec 01, 2017
Prologue

Drowning was not the best way to die but it was an option I considered in order to get away from the troubles of life. I could feel the water going through my lungs, distorting my breathing. I could feel the life draining out of me as I struggled with my breathing. My name is Jane and I have done things, very horrible things, things I never imagined I will do, all in the name of love. This is my end, but you need to know how it all started.

Part one

Dad, it's my birthday! Jane said while walking up to her father in the sitting room. Jane was a carefree child who cared less about the things around her. It was Jane's sixth birthday and she had been going around telling her friends of how big her birthday party would be.
Her dad who was engrossed in the newspaper he was reading did not take notice of her. Jane said again Dad! It's my birthday! But the father seemed not to care. She continued disturbing her father until he stood up and said "Honey, I know its your birthday, I've asked the maids to prepare you your favourite meal and your mum will get you a gift on her way back from work.

Jane's dad popularly known as Mr Adetutu was into real estate investing while is wife Mrs Adetutu was an accountant. Jane was an only child and was always given what she wanted. Mr Adetutu usually tells his wife to stop buying too much things for Jane, as this would spoil the child but she will say that Jane was the surviving child out of the twins she had and therefore needs to be taken care of since she can't afford to loose her.
She did not listen and Jane grew up to be a spoilt brat who always got what she wanted.

On the other hand, there was Theresa, the 18 years daughter of a mechanic. Theresa had lost her mother at the age of 9. She stayed with her father in a one room apartment. Theresa was the direct opposite of Jane, she could not afford all the things she wanted, she was kind, humble and hardworking. Theresa and Jane were age mates and they gained admission into the same university.

Continue reading......

Part 2 coming soon
Re: Game Of Love (story) by evansuhunoma: 9:23am On Dec 01, 2017
Please continue!
Re: Game Of Love (story) by blacid: 11:05am On Dec 01, 2017
I post 1 per day
Re: Game Of Love (story) by blacid: 7:22am On Dec 02, 2017
Part two

It was a sunny day and Theresa was all alone in her room. She stayed in the school hostel because she could not afford to rent a room off campus.

"It's best I get out of this hot and boring room" Theresa said while arranging her clothes and shoes. After 2 mins of pondering, she decided to visit Toyin, a secondary school friend she met during clearance.

Toyin was jovial and intelligent too. If you don't get to know Toyin, you will think she's not friendly due to the stern look she always put on.

While Theresa was making her way through the roads of Unilag, she decided to get a soft drink from a nearby store.

After purchasing the soft drink, a guy beside her mistakenly spilled zobo on her shirt. Theresa was furious and did not bother to listen to his pleas. "Do you know how hard it was for me to purchase this white top?, she said in a low tone. She ran curses on him and left in anger.

Toyin tomato! Toyin tomato! She exclaimed after siting Toyin at the entrance of her room. Toyin could not help but laugh at the manner in which Theresa called her.

Hope you came with the continuous assessment sheet? Toyin asked. Haba! how will I forget such a thing, Theresa said.

"You know this is our first year in the department of business administration, we can't afford to start poorly, I have asked my cousin to come help us with this CA since we are finding it difficult to do", Toyin said.

While they were talking, they heard a knock on the door. That must be my cousin! Toyin said happily to Theresa. Toyin stood up and opened the door. She welcomed her cousin in.

Theresa who was sitting in a position that backed the door decided to take a look at the visitor. Behold, it was the guy she had insulted at the shop.

Continue reading.....

Watch out for part 3
Re: Game Of Love (story) by blacid: 4:59pm On Dec 02, 2017
Please I need your comments on the story

Thanks
Re: Game Of Love (story) by blacid: 11:12am On Dec 06, 2017
Part three

Why is this girl not picking up? Mrs Adetutu asked herself while redialling her daughter's number. She had been trying Jane's number for a couple of times now without any response.
"I guess she is busy with school work, will try again later. Mrs Adetutu said while she continued watching her favourite TV program.

One hour later......
Phone rings..

Hello
Hello, is this Mrs Adetutu?
Yes
Your daughter Jane has gone missing,
Who is this?
Mr Nwankwo, the HOD of Business Administration,
How? When? Where?
I can't give you details now, but we will if you meet us at the Registrar's office.
Okay.
Mrs Adetutu ended the call...
Omo mi! What has happened to my daughter? My only child! God help me o!
She lamented on and on until she got to her vehicle and drove off to Unilag.

Toyin's Residence

Sunday, meet my friend Theresa, my one and only trouble maker, Toyin introduced.
Have you guys met before? Why the look? Toyin asked looking puzzled.
Well, I met him on my way here, Theresa replied
Sunday agreed by saying he met her at a shop he went to buy drinks.
I heard that some students were kidnapped on their way from a party, Sunday said.
So? Who asked them to attend a night party? Na dem cause their wahala na, abeg lets study this CA before it gets late Toyin said while looking at Sunday.

3 hours later
Theresa now on her way back to school, hears a voice.
Help! Help!
I'm stuck!
Help!
Theresa tried locating the voice.
She sees a girl struggling to take her leg off some branches but was finding it difficult to.
Theresa runs towards the girl and helps her.
The girl thanks her and introduced herself as Jane.
Theresa offers to take the girl back to Toyin's house since it was closer.

Toyin's house.
How did you get stuck in that branch? Toyin asked
I was on the run from kidnappers. I escaped from their camp, Jane replied.
Kidnappers? Who are you? Theresa asked.
I am Jane Adetutu, a student of Unilag, I attended a party last night, and on my way back, I was kidnapped. Jane replied

Toyin ponders
"Should I let this girl stay here for a while?
She seems tired, what if these kidnappers find her here?
What do I do?
Watch out for part three
Re: Game Of Love (story) by maryannasemota: 8:30am On Dec 21, 2017
Nice!

(1) (Reply)

Letter To Nairalander(airforce 1) / Virgins Should Not Marry Non-virgins Due To Sex Issue / Please I Need Your Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.