Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,342 members, 7,822,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Ladies, Protect Yourself From Rape - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Protect Yourself From Rape (451 Views)

How You Can Defend Yourself From Rape Attacks / Wife Get Pregnant From Rape After 10 Years Of Childlessness. Husband Respond. / How To Protect Yourself From Rape Accusations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ladies, Protect Yourself From Rape by theplanmaker: 9:32am On Dec 01, 2017
The issue of consent has been playing up for a while now. I just thought I should add a little to the debate here. As a lawyer, I know what constitutes rape, and what consent is. I have heard some ladies argue fiercely on this issue. One went as far as saying that she can decide to sleep naked on a guy's bed, and not give consent for sex. Even if she kisses and carresses the guy, it is still not consent. Well that is what the law says in theory. A lady can withdraw consent at any time she feels like. Anything after that is rape. Well only in theory. I have defended two people accused of rape in court, and won in both cases. So I believe I am in a good position to dish out this advice. Take it or leave it.
Our ladies should realise that we are in a morally decadent society, most men and women have no honour anymore. Sex is a frivolity. If you do not want to have penetrative sexual intercourse with a man, DO NOT go visiting him in his house at night, or even attempt to sleep over, avoid anything remotely suggestive while you are alone, such as kissing, smooching etc. In this situation, 80% of men will assume you are down for sex. Because truthfully, 80% of women in this situation are prepared to have sex before doing the above. If a guy rapes you under these circumstances, it ll be extremely difficult, if not impossible to prove a case of rape. Take him to court, it ll just be your word against his, with his word appearing more valid than yours. You will not be able to prove beyond reasonable doubt that he raped you he ll always have a stronger case than you. In theory, it would not matter to the court that you consented to other forms of intimacy, but in reality, that thought is just hanging on everyone's mind including the judge and that is what the defense lawyer ll harmer on. As long as the guy maintains that you both agreed to have sex, and you even agreed to visit him and spend the night, you cannot prove that you withdrew consebt at some point. The kind of rape that is easy to prove is the type that occurs with force, usually with no prior relationship or intimacy.

There are perverts everywhere. Social media campaigns and ranting won't change their behavior. Some cases of rape are difficult to prove, so the law nay not be effective in helping you. Please protect yourself from these predators. If you don't want to get raped, don't visit him in his house alone, or spend the night. Do not consent to any form of intimacy. A word is enough for the wise
Re: Ladies, Protect Yourself From Rape by GraGra247(m): 9:57am On Dec 01, 2017
I totally and perfectly agree with this. It brings a balance between the two extremes.

On the one extreme are ladies totally capitalizing on the sympathy of the law for them to claim rape even when everything else they did proves consent.

They claim rape when their non verbal consent propably didn't fetch them what they wanted.

Other times they clearly lead the man on with every seductive words, touch and move they make WHILE DELIBERATELY MUTTERING A WEAK "NO", so they can latch on the "A NO IS A NO" charade to claim rape when the man fails to meet his own side of the bargain or if they fall out after the act.

I think the law should cover men in this area cos it happens 60% of the time women claim rape or harassment.

I've read several news stories of different men that are spending half their entire lives in jail for these types of manipulations from women especially in the USA and UK.

(1) (Reply)

Unfaithful Husband Gets Stuck Inside His Sidechic In Uganda / Yes: Sex Doll Sellers Now Offer A ‘test Before You Buy’ Scheme / Just For Laffs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.