Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,644 members, 7,813,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

How You Can Defend Yourself From Rape Attacks - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How You Can Defend Yourself From Rape Attacks (927 Views)

Ukrainian Couple Join Fight To Defend Their Country Hours After Their Wedding / SMART GUYS! If You Were Caught In This Situation – How Will You Defend Yourself? / Wife Get Pregnant From Rape After 10 Years Of Childlessness. Husband Respond. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How You Can Defend Yourself From Rape Attacks by TMclovin: 4:39am On Jun 19, 2020
This one goes out to the females all over.

Recently, we have seen a rise in rape cases. If you could learn something/ do something to actually defend yourself, your loved ones, your children even, from ever getting raped, what would you learn?

I recently learned how to make homemade pepper spray to use to fight any attack

**Modified**

Few useful tips:

1. If you know well in advance that you will be out late night,use your own transport rather than depending on public service.Avoid shortcuts.

2.Technology has come to the rescue of women.There are apps in the market for women safety.Install it on your phone.
Best Apps for Women Concerned with Safety and Security

3. Do not tolerate eve teasing.I think the silence in these matters is considered as encouragement or seen as weakness.Humiliate the person by yelling and making it obvious to the people around.Trust me,he will back off.

4. Be aware and alert when you are travelling.Keep a check on the guys around and their behaviour. Any suspicious activity get into a nearby shop,mall or police station.

5.Worst Scenario:In case you are attacked,
Be calm.
Hit when you need to.If you cannot hit hard,use the handbags.
Aim for the eyes,stomach and the crotch.Use the nails to poke the eyes.Use your heels and kick him in the right place hard enough.

Share yours here so other women can take advantage and turn the tide against rapists.
Re: How You Can Defend Yourself From Rape Attacks by cjwalter(m): 5:02am On Jun 19, 2020
Ok
Re: How You Can Defend Yourself From Rape Attacks by callmeRichie(m): 7:07am On Jun 19, 2020
1. Probably shouldn't walk alone.

2. Dressing decently as possible(Please don't overdress)

3. Learn 1 or 2 physical defense hits

4. Carry small knife in your bag. (It's not only for makeup and mirror)

5. Have your most reachable and available person's number(s) in speed dial.

6. Trust nobody!, even your dad so don't go visiting alone!

1 Like

Re: How You Can Defend Yourself From Rape Attacks by illicit(m): 7:34am On Jun 19, 2020
prevention is better than cure....
Don't take money from guys u don't want to get down with for that same purpose
Re: How You Can Defend Yourself From Rape Attacks by Edopesin: 8:51am On Jun 19, 2020
callmeRichie:

2. [s]Dressing decently as possible(Please don't overdress)[/s]

3. Learn 1 or 2 physical defense hits ✓

4. Carry small knife in your bag. (It's not only for makeup and mirror) ✓

5. Have your most reachable and available person's number(s) in speed dial. ✓

6. [s]Trust nobody!, even your dad so don't go visiting alone![/s]

1. It's freaking 2020 why should anyone have to be afraid to walk alone

2. This lame rape excuse has to stop

6. ?!
Re: How You Can Defend Yourself From Rape Attacks by callmeRichie(m): 9:04am On Jun 19, 2020
Edopesin:

1. It's freaking 2020 why should anyone have to be afraid to walk alone
2. This lame rape excuse has to stop
6. ?!

You're not a woman, so I don't have to argue you don't in any way know what a Rape threat looks like...

Every points count nigger. Prevention is better than cure.
Re: How You Can Defend Yourself From Rape Attacks by Edopesin: 9:07am On Jun 19, 2020
callmeRichie:

[s]You're not a woman, so I don't have to argue you don't in any way know what a Rape threat looks like...

Every points count nigger. Prevention is better than cure.[/s]
Re: How You Can Defend Yourself From Rape Attacks by itzmarvyx(m): 9:36am On Jun 19, 2020
Hmmm... This has a lot of variables. But any lady that is wise, security conscious and can control the atmosphere around her to subdue the spirit that control guys that perform this dastardly act cannot be raped.
Re: How You Can Defend Yourself From Rape Attacks by TMclovin: 1:12pm On Jun 19, 2020
I agree with them all except knife though. Knives are dangerous and you can easily kill someone

callmeRichie:

Re: How You Can Defend Yourself From Rape Attacks by TMclovin: 1:15pm On Jun 19, 2020
I get what you are trying to say but giving money shouldnt always lead to sex

illicit:
prevention is better than cure....

Don't take money from guys u don't want to get down with for that same purpose
Re: How You Can Defend Yourself From Rape Attacks by Queenslander(f): 2:35pm On Jun 19, 2020
There is no excuse for rape, we can't live in a society where a trip, let's say to the market in the middle of the day or at night becomes a nightmare or where a ride on a bike to a lonely path could be your last.. Having a conscience is what separates man from beast.. Men who rape women are animals that should not be allowed to roam the streets.. There is simply no excuse for rape. Never has been.. Never will be.. Teach that to your sons.. And also remind yourself everyday..

2 Likes

Re: How You Can Defend Yourself From Rape Attacks by callmeRichie(m): 3:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
TMclovin:
I agree with them all except knife though. Knives are dangerous and you can easily kill someone

Lol I understand you view sha, buh is it not better to kill than be killed?? Give up or die while trying, which one is better? Lol

The painful part now is that these rapists are now killing their victims to erase evidences cry

1 Like

Re: How You Can Defend Yourself From Rape Attacks by illicit(m): 4:33pm On Jun 19, 2020
TMclovin:
I get what you are trying to say but giving money shouldnt always lead to sex

yes but some guys will ask a girl for sex and she will ask for money but on taking the money done girls start forming smart.

not my personal experience tho
Re: How You Can Defend Yourself From Rape Attacks by NaeChris: 5:45pm On Jun 19, 2020
TMclovin:
This one goes out to the females all over.

Recently, we have seen a rise in rape cases. If you could learn something/ do something to actually defend yourself, your loved ones, your children even, from ever getting raped, what would you learn?

I recently learned how to make homemade pepper spray to use to fight any attack

Share yours here so other women can take advantage and turn the tide against rapists.
Hmmm
Re: How You Can Defend Yourself From Rape Attacks by NaeChris: 5:46pm On Jun 19, 2020
Queenslander:
There is no excuse for rape, we can't live in a society where a trip, let's say to the market in the middle of the day or at night becomes a nightmare or where a ride on a bike to a lonely path could be your last.. Having a conscience is what separates man from beast.. Men who rape women are animals that should not be allowed to roam the streets.. There is simply no excuse for rape. Never has been.. Never will be.. Teach that to your sons.. And also remind yourself everyday..
Women nko?
Re: How You Can Defend Yourself From Rape Attacks by NaeChris: 5:50pm On Jun 19, 2020
callmeRichie:

They will always argue number 2
Re: How You Can Defend Yourself From Rape Attacks by NaeChris: 5:53pm On Jun 19, 2020
callmeRichie:

4. [s]Carry small knife in your bag. (It's not only for makeup and mirror)[/s]

They will always argue number 2.
No. 4 not advisable.
Re: How You Can Defend Yourself From Rape Attacks by TMclovin: 12:47am On Jun 20, 2020
Yeah, in extreme cases that could work but will the law back you up? I believe more non lethal ways should be explored. like maybe a stun gun or mace

**Another angle** what if the rapist gets a hold of the knife and uses it against the victim?

on the average, males are stronger than females. I think wisdom should be applied here, not just brute force.

callmeRichie:

Lol I understand you view sha, buh is it not better to kill than be killed?? Give up or die while trying, which one is better? Lol

The painful part now is that these rapists are now killing their victims to erase evidences cry

(1) (Reply)

Wretched Jobless Guy Madly In Love With A Lady With Extreme Bad Character / Nigerian Actress Juliet Ekeson Reveals Money Is One Thing That Turns Her On / How To Talk Dirty To Your Partner Or Spouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.