Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. (7327 Views)

N13 Billion Fraud: Court Orders Immediate Arrest Of Niger Delta Militant Tompolo / Jimoh Ibrahim Plans To Assassinate Me For Exposing N35.5 Billion Fraud" - Sahara / General Ihejirika Sues Stephen Davies For N100 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by upchair(m): 8:15am On Mar 28, 2010
Bayelsa State Governor Involved in N100 Billion Fraud.  Greed must be a terrible thing Oh. He collected N75 Billion loan facility from a consortium of banks. The money was not used for anything in the state. In fact this has gone beyond greed. This is wickedness. He is heartless. It shows how insensitive he is to the level of poverty in Nigeria. He seems to be another James Ibori in the making.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5546698-146/bayelsa_state_governor_in_a_n100.csp

Nairalanders as if that is not bad enough. He (Bayelsa State Governor) prevented the Acting President from meeting with the Niger Delta militants on Friday 26th of March,2010. Jonathan was to meet with them to re-assure them that the Amnesty program was still on course and that they should be patient. That meeting was very crucial because it was supposed to help to appease the militants to stop blowing up pipelines meant to supply gas to the power stations to generate power.

He Jonathan knows the importance of generating power  for the nation as soon as possible as this will help to kick start the Nigerian economy in terms of bringing in new investments into Nigeria as well as bringing down the cost of production for existing companies so as to discourage such companies from pulling out of Nigeria to other African countries where power is stable.

Can you imagine the Bayelsa State governor trying to stop this from happening whether directly or indirectly thereby slowing down the progress and development of this country. This is an epitome of putting self before country. We do not need this type of people in government.

Please see link below for details:

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20100328523087
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by llade(m): 10:54am On Mar 28, 2010
[color=#006600]My message to MEND and other freedom fighters as they call themselves is that charity begins at home. If they really want good governance for their people as they continuously claim, they should hold their local leaders accountable first. But most freedom fighters are colluding with their governors to suck their states dry and one begins to wonder if they are just been used as tools for instability in the niger delta to create incitement against the federal government. Imagine what 100 billion can do for a state like Bayelsa with less than 2 million people (even this census figure is very debatable as we all know that the 2006 census was a sham like the 2007 elections). How can a governor who calls himself sane cud have the audacity to borrow 75 billion naira, a loan for that matter and not carry out any meaningful project with it. As I repeatedly say, am from Bayelsa and with all the news awash in the media and realities on ground in the state about how the Bayelsa State Governor is raping the state treasury one cud only just pray that God will come to the rescue of Bayelsans and Niger Deltans one day[/color].
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by deliverus: 11:25am On Mar 28, 2010
upchair:

N100 Billion? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5546698-146/bayelsa_state_governor_in_a_n100.csp

This are no humans, they are demons in human body. All beware angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by e36991: 11:32am On Mar 28, 2010
Timpriye Sylva?

I remember this shameless display of living in opulence in midst of poverty

Glory Land Castle my foot . . .

[flash=480,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DslTiMDZcOA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by Remii(m): 11:39am On Mar 28, 2010
Yet, na Northerners be the problem of Niger Delta, grin grin grin
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by manmustwac(m): 11:49am On Mar 28, 2010
And some people believe that nigeria dividing is the solution to the southerners problems.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by doyin13(m): 12:06pm On Mar 28, 2010
Remii:

Yet, na Northerners be the problem of Niger Delta, grin grin grin

Bruv. . .It is the Niger Deltan's wealth to waste.

It is quite condescending for other states to come here
and start reproaching the ND's.

Which one is worse. . .wasting my own money or some thieving
outsiders stealing my money on the pretence of nationhood and
frittering it away in Ado Ekiti, Gombe and Abuja.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 28, 2010
doyin13:

Would you hold the same view if the nation's oil was located in a different region? Would you support leaders of such region claiming the wealth as solely theirs and frittering it on wanton jamborees?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by AfroCynic: 12:12pm On Mar 28, 2010
doyin13:

Would it not be great if it was the actual 'Niger Deltans' that were wasting the money, Four guys do not a whole region make. 99% of Niger Deltans still live way below the poverty line.  The perpetrator might be familiar but the crime has the same debilitating effect.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by Shoot2Kill: 12:17pm On Mar 28, 2010
If you allow the NDs to break away from Nigeria and become nd independent country. The republic of ND will become a wasteland with 5 years and the citizen be living in worse conditions than they are now. No be curse na fact.The same greed will be carried over by remnants of the PDP ,the AC and the political cabal. The president of ND will make corrupt deals with the leaders of neighbouring countries to smuggle oil out and sell it on the black market. Oil fields will be allocated to relatives and friends as well former colleagues in the old Nigeria.

Besides MEND is clearly a chop make i chop organization.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by doyin13(m): 12:23pm On Mar 28, 2010
MrPrsdent:

Would you hold the same view if the nation's oil was located in a different region? Would you support leaders of such region claiming the wealth as solely theirs and frittering it on wanton jamborees?

My post was meant as a defence of Federalism not some ''frittering on wanton jamborees''.
I have no Niger Delta connections whatsoever so my argument was not based on some
parochial attachment. It was strictly based on principle.

So yes. . . .my view would still stand if the oil was located in Lafia, Onitsha or Modakeke.
AfroCynic:

Would it not be great if it was the actual 'Niger Deltans' that were wasting the money,  Four guys do not a whole region make. 99% of Niger Deltans still live way below the poverty line.  The perpetrator might be familiar but the crime has the same debilitating effect.

Well good. . . . The fight should be against corrupt Niger Deltans and not the right of
the Deltans to their resources.

I am wary of opportunists who might use cases such as this to deny resource control.

They go.  . . . .''what have they done with the one they are getting now? aren't their
governors carting them away to foreign banks?''

Of course. . . .they forget the rest of the nation is complicit in this orgy of thievery and corruption.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by doyin13(m): 12:27pm On Mar 28, 2010
Shoot2Kill:

If you allow the NDs to break away from Nigeria and become nd independent country. The republic of ND will become a wasteland with 5 years and the citizen be living in worse conditions than they are now. No be curse na fact.The same greed will be carried over by remnants of the PDP ,the AC and the political cabal. The president of ND will make corrupt deals with the leaders of neighbouring countries to smuggle oil out and sell it on the black market. Oil fields will be allocated to relatives and friends as well former colleagues in the old Nigeria.

Besides MEND is clearly a chop make i chop organization.

Guy. . . .why are you worried about what happens in the Delta afterwards.

I doubt they can fare any worse than they do up to now.

Perhaps we from other regions should tend to our own gardens before choosing
to play school father and mother for someone else.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by Freestyl(m): 12:31pm On Mar 28, 2010
This is beyond greed! Our leaders are so corrupt that they don't even care for the masses anymore!!! Too bad, 1 man N100 billion? It is only in Nigeria that you hear such things and that is why the rich remains richer and the poor remain poorer!!!
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by SapeleGuy: 12:33pm On Mar 28, 2010
Before you all start getting excited remember that judgement will be based on facts and not sentiments based on trial by media.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by saemoenl(f): 12:41pm On Mar 28, 2010
So interesting!! Can someone shout Amen to that?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by Geeq: 12:45pm On Mar 28, 2010
Those guys are blooody thieves and they deserve to be duly Punished and disquilified from contesting 4 anything in the future cool
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by olafolarin(m): 12:48pm On Mar 28, 2010
Geeq:

Those guys are blooody thieves and they deserve to be duly Punished and disquilified from contesting 4 anything in the future cool

For N100B they should be castrated, That amount is just too much,
And the same Sylva instigated the Governor's Forum against GEJ.
He should be sent to Bode George in KiriKiri,
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by octar6: 12:56pm On Mar 28, 2010
grin na watin concern una with d money en chop?even if na loan.d money no b una own,it belongs 2 d niger deltans.Abeg timi continue d slam d cash jare,make it pain them well well. No longthin! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by RecentPost: 12:57pm On Mar 28, 2010
Hmmm! 100 billion,God pls rain fire on this greedy Nigerians
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by emisun(m): 12:57pm On Mar 28, 2010
Is this true or just another media battle between the camp of jonathan and that of his oppossers.well until evidence is shown on how the said governor got the loan and how he practically did nothing with but until then, am not taking side.he must have passed through the state assembly before getting that loan or don't u think so Poster?.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by lannre(m): 12:59pm On Mar 28, 2010
octar6:

grin na watin concern una with d money en chop?even if na loan.d money no b una own,it belongs 2 d niger deltans.Abeg timi continue d slam d cash jare,make it pain them well well. No longthin! tongue tongue tongue

truly its paining them, because its their region that will suffer it. Give the Governor an award for that
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by agabaI23(m): 1:01pm On Mar 28, 2010
Jonathan is gagging this one. He will soon begin to support GD. One by one the governors will each have some corruption charges levelled against and each will be fighting for his survival. By then governors forum said this, governors forum said that will be history.

Good one for Goodluck.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by kaaycee(m): 1:09pm On Mar 28, 2010
This looting and corruption is getting out of hand in 9ja. its not a matter of dis loot being an alleged but generally its eating dis country up. N100b can change lives and make a community in Bayelsa look like london.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by naso2(m): 1:16pm On Mar 28, 2010
agabaI23:

Jonathan is gagging this one. He will soon begin to support GD. One by one the governors will each have some corruption charges levelled against and each will be fighting for his survival. By then governors forum said this, governors forum said that will be history.

Good one for Goodluck.

God forbid. What does jonathan need his support for? I swear Jonathan would have fully stamped his weakling brand if he can not take out this useless Sylva. I shed tears for my dear state
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by agabaI23(m): 1:19pm On Mar 28, 2010
na_so:

God forbid. What does jonathan need his support for? I swear Jonathan would have fully stamped his weakling brand if he can not take out this useless Sylva. I shed tears for my dear state

At least sylva will stop opposing him as he has been doing
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by naso2(m): 1:27pm On Mar 28, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^
Forget this useless gragra sylva is making. Alams did much more than this. Alams was the self-acclaimed governor general of ijaw nation, where did he end?

Sylva is about the most unpopular governor in the country. To impeach him will be far easier than what a lot of people expect. GD SHOULD TAKE HIM OUT ASAP.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by orin1981(m): 1:28pm On Mar 28, 2010
@octar6  
Its a shame to see educate men reduced to the level of pure and complete stupidity simply because they can't free their mind from religion, ethnicity and prejudice when it comes to making sound decision and judgment. So, Silvia can be keep looting Bayelsans dry, and keep making their lives miserable? It doesnt matter as long as he is from the Niger Delta? No wonder you people are far behind every states in Nigeria, and you will never get started if everyone down in Bayelsa have the same pathetic opinion like yours. Any nation that doesnt progress has a high population of wicked and useless people. I hope he continues looting you, and pray Bayelsa keep having leaders who are totally useless like him. Dont get mad, I am only praying with you. We all know Bayelsa gets more money than Lagos and all your precious and insane yet wonderful governor who the same greedy MEND support has to show is nothing but Castles and Palaces.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by agabaI23(m): 1:29pm On Mar 28, 2010
agabaI23:

At least sylva will stop opposing him as he has been doing

All of them are the same. It depends on how they are able to buy the House.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by 9ijaprince(m): 1:33pm On Mar 28, 2010
Heard this man is building a 5 star hotel in south africa,and it is almost completed. How true is this?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by agabaI23(m): 1:34pm On Mar 28, 2010
^ I heard it was Ohakim of Imo state.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by sojjy: 1:39pm On Mar 28, 2010
What will he profit a man that gained d world but miss heaven.Vanity upon vanity.This man deserve to be forced to drink or eat deadly substance.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by AfroCynic: 1:42pm On Mar 28, 2010
agabaI23:

^ I heard it was Ohakim of Imo state.
9ijaprince:

Heard this man is building a 5 star hotel in south africa,and it is almost completed. How true is this?

Abeg, provide some evidence for these very serious claims,

orin1981:

@octar6  
Its a shame to see educate men reduced to the level of pure and complete stupidity simply because they can't free their mind from religion, ethnicity and prejudice when it comes to making sound decision and judgment. So, Silvia can be keep looting Bayelsans dry, and keep making their lives miserable? It doesnt matter as long as he is from the Niger Delta? No wonder you people are far behind every states in Nigeria, and you will never get started if everyone down in Bayelsa have the same pathetic opinion like yours. Any nation that doesnt progress has a high population of wicked and useless people. I hope he continues looting you, and pray Bayelsa keep having leaders who are totally useless like him. Dont get mad, I am only praying with you. We all know Bayelsa gets more money than Lagos and all your precious and insane yet wonderful governor who the same greedy MEND support has to show is nothing but Castles and Palaces.

Brother, please chop knuckle,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Imo West: INEC Challenges Jurisdiction Of Court On Okorocha's Suit - Daily Trust / Why Edo Assembly Was Not Inaugurated On Monday – APC / We Warned The East!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.