Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,459 members, 7,836,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. (7344 Views)

N13 Billion Fraud: Court Orders Immediate Arrest Of Niger Delta Militant Tompolo / Jimoh Ibrahim Plans To Assassinate Me For Exposing N35.5 Billion Fraud" - Sahara / General Ihejirika Sues Stephen Davies For N100 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by marvix(m): 6:15pm On Mar 28, 2010
Quote from Doyin 13
Federalism does not mean the federal government
would be totally powerless. The federal government
would still be primarily responsible for defence.

Even with true federalism, it is likely that the Niger Delta
would still be the main contributor to federal coffers but not
the ONLY contributor which can only benefit everybody.

I understand what u are saying, but I wasn't even talking of d regional govts but I was talking of d regional warlords. Once we start practising true federalism d ND govs can loot all the funds and bcom too powerful as individuals dat was wat I was trying to say, just imagine wit 13% derivation one man is stealing 100b dats is almost some other states full budget, can u imagine d magnitude of stealing that wld occur wen we have 100% derivation, a sylva may as well loot d national budget.

For true federalism to be practised we have to fight corruption to a standstill, enthrone due proces strengthen d anti corruption agencies and have credible people in our political space and people like Ibori, Odilu and recently Sylva should be cooling off in some prisons.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by boyt1: 6:16pm On Mar 28, 2010
ANNOUNCEMENT !!!  M.E.N.D   and all the so called Militant Groups in the ND, STOP Kidnapping and Terror circulation all over the Nation, NOW you know who is holding you people ransom. not the Federal government.  

MESSAGE:  start Kidnapping your  State Governors  & members of their families,  Senior state Civil Servants , Members of the State Assembly, High Chiefs , Local Leaders. L.G. Chairmen/Women  etc, Pls. make it only within your environment and you Guys will see  tremendous improvement in the N.D area.  End of the Announcement
FREE YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by Jollof(m): 6:48pm On Mar 28, 2010
As a fellow Bayelsian I am utterly disgusted with the spate of greed epitomized by Timipre Silva. N100bn? I know things will get better in the end. There's only so much the locals can take and probably anarchy wil reign supreme for a while.

@Octar6 - you are obviously not a Bayelsian. Thanks for the prayers tho smiley
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by Josephsmith: 6:51pm On Mar 28, 2010
It sounds funny. Where are our so-called leaders leading us to? Im jst so tired of hearin this.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by Orikinla(m): 6:54pm On Mar 28, 2010
boy t:

ANNOUNCEMENT !!!  M.E.N.D   and all the so called Militant Groups in the ND, STOP Kidnapping and Terror circulation all over the Nation, NOW you know who is holding you people ransom. not the Federal government.  

MESSAGE:  start Kidnapping your  State Governors  & members of their families,  Senior state Civil Servants , Members of the State Assembly, High Chiefs , Local Leaders. L.G. Chairmen/Women  etc, Pls. make it only within your environment and you Guys will see  tremendous improvement in the N.D area.  End of the Announcement
FREE YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

The governors have spent millions of dollars to sponsor some militants.

One of the most dreaded Niger Delta militants came into our joint in Surulere last week and the celebrated stars of Nollywood were standing up from their seats and going over to his table to bow and shake his hands.
But I sat down and was amused.
I did not spend four years on Bonny Island for fun and I do not compromise.
Many of the hypocrites will not waste time to dine and wine with these corrupt rulers once they see the slightest opportunity to do so. That why is corruption is walking taller above majority of Nigerians.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by ifele(m): 6:56pm On Mar 28, 2010
Do you guys have a feeling there is going to be a war in Nigeria? I have this overwhelming feeling something like a war is going to happen. Give me some feedback.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by monkeyleg: 6:58pm On Mar 28, 2010
Na so so Thief full that country
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by tlops(m): 7:09pm On Mar 28, 2010
Tchai this man is shameless, Roman Amphi theater in bayelsa, 18 hole golf course yet the villagers are using canoes to fish, and he was bold to show this reporter his crib (G crib). shocked

E ni ti aye n wo lawo sun ekun ti on wo ara e lawo rerin,
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by Orikinla(m): 7:31pm On Mar 28, 2010
He is not the only one.

All the governors in the Niger Delta, past and present are wicked robbers.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by Borat1: 8:42pm On Mar 28, 2010
OP.
surely you mean 100 million?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 28, 2010
The most annoying part of it is that he will go unpunish, This is Nigeria, everything can happen
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by mamagee3(f): 9:04pm On Mar 28, 2010
He was caught, good enough.
Now the Federal Government should lock him up just like they did to Iyabo Obasanjo.
Then torture him until he tells them the location in which he hid the rest of the money.
and then proceed in executing him by firing squad.
Then pour acid on his remains.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by soldee: 9:09pm On Mar 28, 2010
By By Sonala Olumhense. October 28, 2007
http://aderinola./2007/10/28/patience-jonathan-nigerias-most-powerful-woman/

ON September 11, 2006, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) seized $13.5 million dollars (US) from Mrs. Patience Jonathan, the wife of then Governor of Bayelsa State, Mr. Goodluck Jonathan.

The International Herald Tribune quoted the EFCC spokesman, Mr. Osita Nwajah, as saying that the seizure was made after Mrs. Jonathan had allegedly laundered the money through an associate.

It was the second time in one month Mrs. Jonathan was hitting the scandal headlines. In August, the EFCC had obtained a court order to temporarily freeze N104 million she had allegedly tried to launder through one Mrs. Nancy Ebere Nwosu. The EFCC said it had reason to believe the seized funds belonged to the public. In a sworn statement, Mrs. Nwosu implicated Patience Jonathan, the EFCC said.

By Sahara Reporters. November 21, 2009.
http://www.saharareporters.com/articles/external-contrib/4308-efcc-v-patience-jonathan-vice-presidents-wife-farida-waziri-a-efcc-please-provide-an-update.html

EFCC V. PATIENCE JONATHAN (vice president’s wife): Farida Waziri & EFCC please provide an update

Like a crack addict willing to do anything for a high, Patience Jonathan was not going to give up her addiction to treasury looting simply because Nuhu Ribadu’s EFCC was on her trail. Determined to prove that only mere mortals shivered at the sight of EFCC, she continued with her looting of Bayelsa’s treasury with the full cooperation and assistance of her husband, Goodluck Jonathan, who was the then governor of Bayelsa state. The duo was so successful that on September 11, 2006, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) again seized another $13.5 million dollars (US) from Mrs. Patience Jonathan. Criminal charges were brought against her and Nigerians were awaiting her prosecutionto the full extent of the law. Shortly thereafter and in the face of these serious allegations, the insensitive Olusegun Obasanjo and his PDP that had become a den of thieves, nominated Goodluck Jonathan to be the running mate of Yar'Adua.

ENTER THE GULLIBLE NIGERIAN PUBLIC  cool

Lucky Saviour my A.R.S.E.  grin grin grin
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by Danchukscd: 9:23pm On Mar 28, 2010
When will d matter of fraud and unfaithfulnes b totally eradicated from our nation's governance, ?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by orin1981(m): 9:36pm On Mar 28, 2010
@soldee

you harsh o grin
I think Bayelsans are too dangerous for their own good. I mean greed. tongue

@my ex-girlfriend was Bayelsan, this was a girl who works in a big new generation bank and was almost dead from cholera. Crazy wont go the hospital because she doesnt want to pay the bills. Not until her boyfriend shows. Bayelsans are appearing worse than the northerners to me. I pray Yaradua recovers. Atleast, he wasnt a complete loser like this Idiot called CheapLuck.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by marvix(m): 10:04pm On Mar 28, 2010
All of u shouting for Mrs Jonathans investigations and arrest, don't u think we shld leave her nd concentrate on d Ibori, Odili, Obj, former senators, former ministers and former govs nd their deputies and comisionas, or who will bell d presidents cat?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by soldee: 10:18pm On Mar 28, 2010
marvix:

All of u shouting for Mrs Jonathans investigations and arrest, don't u think we shld leave her nd concentrate on d Ibori, Odili, Obj, former senators, former ministers and former govs nd their deputies and comisionas, or who will bell d presidents cat?

What do you mean 'WE'? And which 'brand' of concentration? Siddon look?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by marvix(m): 11:06pm On Mar 28, 2010
@soldee what I'm sayin is instead of askin 4 d impossible y not ask 4 d possibles or if u were d president wld u surenda ur wife for trial most especially wen she may hav bin doing d act on ur behalf. We don't hav angels here but with time we can get there d formers nd their wives nd girlfriends can be tracked down 4 now nd wen GEJ leaves they can go afta his wife. Person wey don dey disolve cabinet, he no go just disolve d whole EFCC abi wat do u fink?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by soldee: 11:26pm On Mar 28, 2010
Ok, fair enough.

But what I'm even reading into this whole thing is that GJ is starting to use Farida the way OBJ used Nuhu Ribadu just before elections - to deal with perceived enemies. Only that OBJ was never indicted by the same EFCC. But what the heck, Senate just amended the Constitution to allow 'indicted' Nigerians to run for office. Eyes open people! Blink and you'll miss it!
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by eros(m): 11:48pm On Mar 28, 2010
Thieving prick angry angry angry
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by solokay(m): 12:12am On Mar 29, 2010
Nigeria need a revolution of some sort. We desperately need to rise up and put our leaders to order. Nigeria leaders just do whatever pleases them because they are not afraid of the citizens in anyway and we cant have any progress in that kind of environment. They continue to steal our money and destroy our children future. This suffering and smiling is enough, we should rise up and make the country inhabitable for these corrupt leaders and their families. They and their families must start to feel that their life is not safe if they not doing the right thing. This is the only way we can have any form of progress in that country
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by Alxmyr(m): 12:58am On Mar 29, 2010
This is one of the reasons why I love baba Iyabo, the general himself, Who born the governor?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by solokay(m): 1:47am On Mar 29, 2010
I believe baba iyabo is part of the problem if not for anything for giving us Yar adua who obviously is not fit to govern
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by UcheUwadi(m): 1:56am On Mar 29, 2010
This is completely outrageous. How can a man be proud of such wealth, while his people are starving? This does not make sense. I cannot comprehend how a man could be foolish enough to even flaunt his wealth for all to see it. Could he not see that the CNN reporter was being sarcastic and actually mocking him?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by solokay(m): 2:11am On Mar 29, 2010
This is completely outrageous. How can a man be proud of such wealth, while his people are starving? This does not make sense. I cannot comprehend how a man could be foolish enough to even flaunt his wealth for all to see it. Could he not see that the CNN reporter was being sarcastic and actually mocking him?

Its obviously a stupid man. The only he knows to make money is to steal states funds.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by trueword: 3:07am On Mar 29, 2010
This is crazy. Why do we have heartless people all over government in nigeria. How is this type of greed even possible? What in the world is he going to do with 100 billion naira? Since Jonathan is putting more fire under EFCC to get cracking, I hope this is what they need to go and arrest Syla and put him in prison for many years. This situation in nigeria is just too much.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by Rmc1(m): 3:54am On Mar 29, 2010
This is what usually happens in a country where the immunity clause imbeded in our constitution give these thieves full protection against prosecution. Yara dua fought hard to remove this useless immunity clause, for where?  NOBODY LISTENED TO HIM

There are 4 very easy ways to end these lootings

1)  REMOVE THE USELESS IMMUNITY CLAUSE WHICH GIVES THE CRIMINALS IN POWER CONFIDENCE TO LOOT

2) MAKE CORRUPTION FROM LOCAL GOVT LEVEL TO FEDERAL LEVEL A CRIME PUNISHABLE BY DEATH BY HANGING

3) JAIL ALL HIGH COURT JUDGES WHO TAKE BRIBES AND FREES AN  ACUUSED CRIMINAL WITH MORE THAN 140 COUNT CHARGES WITH FULL GLARING EXHIBITS AND EVIDENCES.

4) CHANGE THE  EFCC LEADERSHIP THAT FARIDA WOMAN IS A BIG JOKE COMPARED TO RIBADU .

A RUTLESS PROBLEM LIKE CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA NEEDS A RUTLESS SOLUTION IF NOT WE WILL STILL COME HERE IN 2020 AND STILL BE CRYING CORUPTION HERE LOOTING THERE.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by solokay(m): 4:14am On Mar 29, 2010
Amen!
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by oiseworld: 4:55am On Mar 29, 2010
we must understand that most Nigerian leaders are corrupt not just the southern governors.

i don't support corruption, but no matter how corrupt a southern governor is, his northern brother is 3x much corrupt. northerners have rejected civilization thats why they see corruption and keep quiet, after all they have nothing to offer. so let us fear and fight against the collective effort to loot (northern style).
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by solokay(m): 5:10am On Mar 29, 2010
corruption must be fought either coming from the south or north.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by AbuMaryam1(m): 5:42am On Mar 29, 2010
Governor Timipre Sylva of Bayelsa State said yesterday that the alleged N100 billion fraud in the state was designed by his enemies to tarnish his image.

Some media reports, weekend , quoting an Economic and Financial Crimes Commission ( EFCC) interim report, had alleged that there was N100 billion fraud in the finances of the state.

But the Chief press secretary to the governor, Mr Doife Ola in a statement, said the reports was "a well-structured campaign to undermine the Bayelsa State Government, truncate Governor Sylva's political career by preparing the ground for his illegal removal from office and, send him to jail after his governorship”.

According to him, a quick content analysis of the reports shows that the reporters had already adjudged the state government guilty even when the allegations had not been tested in court.

"We do not see it as a coincidence that on the same day, two other newspapers carried another story about the Bayelsa State governor, saying he was contesting power with the Acting President!, Mr. Ola said.

"This story about grand larceny in Bayelsa State is bogus, and carefully planned to achieve political ends, namely, to tarnish the image of Governor Sylva, the easier to remove him from Government House.

"This story is also meant to arouse people's emotions, and incite them against the Sylva administration. If the EFCC has established a PRIMA FACIE case against senior officials of the Government of Bayelsa State as it is claimed, then the road to travel is the law courts, not the pages of newspapers."

Pointing out that one report even accused the governor of involvement in "N101 billion fraud", and in the infamous Wilbros scam, Ola questioned: "is it the whole life of the governor that is being investigated by EFCC or his governorship?"

"Everyone knows that the Wilbros matter happened before Sylva became governor. Is the said EFCC report an investigation of corruption in Bayelsa State or an investigation into the Wilbros scandal? At best, this is confusion at work!"

The governor's spokesman explained that no government, since the inception of Bayelsa

State, had gone through the kind of financial challenge which the Sylva administration is contending with.

"Yet, the evidence of massive infrastructural development is there for all to see”, he said.

"If over N100 billion was removed from the Bayelsa State government accounts, how much has the state received from the Federation Account and from Internally Generated Revenue since 2007?

“How much has been spent on salaries and projects?".
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by Nobody: 6:13am On Mar 29, 2010
I laugh in Hispanic**

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The List Of Top 20 Most Corrupt Nigerians (dead/alive) / Federal Government Employs 350 Ex-militants / Court Dismisses Suit Against Rotimi Akeredolu, Says Case Is Statute Barred

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.