Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,456 members, 7,836,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. (7343 Views)

N13 Billion Fraud: Court Orders Immediate Arrest Of Niger Delta Militant Tompolo / Jimoh Ibrahim Plans To Assassinate Me For Exposing N35.5 Billion Fraud" - Sahara / General Ihejirika Sues Stephen Davies For N100 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by naso2(m): 1:45pm On Mar 28, 2010
@orin1981

Thank you my broda. Infact it beats me when people come with this senseless line that ND polticians can loot monies meant for the  good of the common man in the creeks. These posters are as criminal as sylva himself. A lot of us voiced our concerns when the man went looking for 100billion. Not knowing that it was meant for his pocket.OH GAWD. People like sylva should be roasted alive. It is as well extremely painful that behind the scenes he has an enlightened person as Edmond daukoru .

As a bayelsan I weep. WHERE ARE THE NARROW MINDS  THAT HAVE ALWAYS SAID DIVIDING THIS COUNTRY WILL SOLVE OUR PROBLEMS? Hope the north will adopt people like sylva?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by latepa(m): 2:41pm On Mar 28, 2010
I always love it when i hear news like this, 100 billion!! Ahhh! grin
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by Kobojunkie: 2:50pm On Mar 28, 2010
doyin13:

Bruv. . .It is the Niger Deltan's wealth to waste.

It is quite condescending for other states to come here
and start reproaching the ND's.

Which one is worse. . .wasting my own money or some thieving
outsiders stealing my money on the pretence of nationhood and
frittering it away in Ado Ekiti, Gombe and Abuja.

The Article was apparently written by By Elor Nkereuwem for 234Next and the Other by Sola Adebayo for Punch.

Are you telling us that, if found guilty, the man had the consent of the Bayelsa people to "WASTE" their money or are you just being sarcastic here?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by doyin13(m): 3:04pm On Mar 28, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Are you telling us that, if found guilty, the man had the consent of the Bayelsa people to "WASTE" their money or are you just being sarcastic here?

Neither. . .

My argument was directed at those who might use this to justify
the rest of the country pilfering Niger Delta resources because
according to them the result would be grand corruption like allegedly
displayed by Sylva.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by Kobojunkie: 3:12pm On Mar 28, 2010
doyin13:

Neither. . .

My argument was directed at those who might use this to justify
the rest of the country pilfering Niger Delta resources because
according to them the result would be grand corruption like allegedly
displayed by Sylva.

Well, From the report, and so many others priors, it does not seem the Niger Delta states all treasure the resources either, by the claimed actions of the State Governor in this case, and some others.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by doyin13(m): 3:17pm On Mar 28, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Well, From the report, and so many others priors, it does not seem the Niger Delta states all treasure the resources either, by the claimed actions of the State Governor in this case, and some others.

Well fair enough. .They are the ones most affected by the exploitation of the area.

They are better placed to decide judiciously the management of their resources.

As it is now . . . .they are wasting money from abuja as against money from resources
exploited from their land.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by ifele(m): 3:28pm On Mar 28, 2010
Nigeria is cursed period.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by orin1981(m): 3:30pm On Mar 28, 2010
@doyin13

Bayelsa state between 2007 and 2009 has issued over 800billion Naira in bonds and sold more than 96% of it. The same state gets more than most states from the federal purse. MEND gets several billions monthly, and now your militants are now been bankrolled by the federal govt.
Yet all we see are more greedy souled Ijaw elders with rimmed hats demanding for more more more
militancy/freedom fighters, Youth restiveness, kidnapping, poorest standard of living, a state thats yet to begin with no master plan besides crying that Abuja was built by its wealth. The same wealth you cant manage since your state has been created.
When Danjuma half a billion dollars oil well story made it to the headline, and the whole country was shrieking, and its confusing how the same crook was elected by an Ijaw man to his cabinet again, and now Silva is been given the "Carry Go" applaud. For once, I am very happy to be Ibo. Atleast, the ibo man loves money, yet he's honest enough to work hard tooth and nail for his wealth.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by chelseabmw(m): 3:43pm On Mar 28, 2010
This is the height, N100 Billion naira, what on hell is nigeria turning to? This man should be given death sentence by hanging
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by Crunkeddi: 3:50pm On Mar 28, 2010
stupid-ass governor, will die of appendix tongue
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by oderemo(m): 3:58pm On Mar 28, 2010
Bruv. . .It is the Niger Deltan's wealth to waste.

It is quite condescending for other states to come here
and start reproaching the ND's.

Which one is worse. . .wasting my own money or some thieving
outsiders stealing my money on the pretence of nationhood and
frittering it away in Ado Ekiti, Gombe and Abuja
i give up.what an excuse . cool cool
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by doyin13(m): 3:59pm On Mar 28, 2010
orin1981:

@doyin13

Bayelsa state between 2007 and 2009 has issued over 800billion Naira in bonds and sold more than 96% of it. The same state gets more than most states from the federal purse. MEND gets several billions monthly, and now your militants are now been bankrolled by the federal govt.
Y[b]et all we see are more greedy souled Ijaw elders with rimmed hats demanding for more more more [/b]
militancy/freedom fighters, Youth restiveness, kidnapping, poorest standard of living, a state thats yet to begin with no master plan besides crying that Abuja was built by its wealth. The same wealth you cant manage since your state has been created.
When Danjuma half a billion dollars oil well story made it to the headline, and the whole country was shrieking, and its confusing how the same crook was elected by an Ijaw man to his cabinet again, and now Silva is been given the "Carry Go" applaud. For once, I am very happy to be Ibo. Atleast, the ibo man loves money, yet he's honest enough to work hard tooth and nail for his wealth.

Don't you find it ridiculous that people should ask for the proceeds that result from the sale of resources taken from their land.

These are not little kids with little money boxes oo. . .
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by doyin13(m): 4:02pm On Mar 28, 2010
ode remo:

i give up.what an excuse . cool cool

lol. . .like i said earlier. I have no affiliation whatsoever with the Niger Delta
so no reason why I should provide excuse for them or anyone.

I am in no way condoning the corruption. Mba.

He should be remanded in jail if found guilty.

But the corruption of some top Niger Deltans should never
be an excuse for any delay in the practice of true fiscal federalism.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by Kobojunkie: 4:14pm On Mar 28, 2010
doyin13:

But the corruption of some top Niger Deltans should never
be an excuse for any delay in the practice of true fiscal federalism.

But can't you see how the first AIDS and allows/sort of stands as possible excuse for the second? If the Niger Deltan's who continue to cry foul over the continued sharing of allocations to other areas of the countries are themselves INCAPABLE of proving these same allocations willl amount to much more in their own hands, how do the same deltans EXPECT the rest of the country to take their cause SERIOUSLY?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by doyin13(m): 4:36pm On Mar 28, 2010
Kobojunkie:

But can't you see how the first AIDS and allows/sort of stands as possible excuse for the second? If the Niger Deltan's who continue to cry foul over the continued sharing of allocations to other areas of the countries are themselves INCAPABLE of proving these same allocations willl amount to much more in their own hands, how do the same deltans EXPECT the rest of the country to take their cause SERIOUSLY?

see. . the two issues: judicious use of funds and fiscal federalism are not linked.

It is to the benefit of the thieves from outside the Delta that they link the two issues
though.

A people should not have to plead with anyone to manage their own resources, their property.

As a matter of fact. . .if the two issues are linked, it is the lack of true federalism that aids the injudicious
use of funds. As long as people from outside the area can milk it like a dysfunctional ATM machine, the
more we continue to see a lack of innovation as well as the overwhelming waste and corruption at all
levels of government everywhere.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by insideview: 4:39pm On Mar 28, 2010
N100B is a lot of money in any currency, but as someone posted earlier on, its the Bayelsans' to fritter away as they choose. It doesnt make it right, but the rest of us cannot change who they choose to let rob them blind and how they choose to let it happen. Besides, one can hardly blame the people of Bayelsa for the present affliction in "Glory Land". Anyone who has witnessed elections in the ND know that 98% of the results are rigged. Lets call this the spoils of war. (Again, its not right, but its happening)

As for the ND people's problems, we do not know the half of it, lets just tend our own backyards. (Do you know how much was voted for security by your state Guv?)
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by AfroCynic: 4:41pm On Mar 28, 2010
doyin13:

see. . the two issues: judicious use of funds and fiscal federalism are not linked.

It is to the benefit of the thieves from outside the Delta that they link the two issues
though.

A people should not have to plead with anyone to manage their own resources, their property.

As a matter of fact. . .if the two issues are linked, it is the lack of true federalism that aids the injudicious
use of funds. As long as people from outside the area can milk it like a dysfunctional ATM machine, the
more we continue to see a lack of innovation as well as the overwhelming waste and corruption at all

Dude, I think you're on your on own with this argument. Whilst I agree with your point about federalism, as it is now, the fact that Silva is an ND mad does not justify the rate at which he is pilfering the accounts of his own state.  To respond to this allegation with 'oh it their money' is bordering on crazy.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by ziga: 4:43pm On Mar 28, 2010
The people who own the land also own the resources, but the Federal government has a stake in it because the land still lies within the boundary of the federation, so it is everybody's business what the leaders of the Niger delta do with the resources.

And that is where the problem of Nigeria lies, we are too selfish for ourselves!!!

BTW journalism in Nigeria stinks, so don't judge the man et until he is found guilty.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by oderemo(m): 4:46pm On Mar 28, 2010
this brings me back to the days alams was arrested in London and i see ppl campaigning outside police station saying he should be released  cos he stole not British moni but nija deltas. since then i know we are in trouble.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by arogbowei: 4:50pm On Mar 28, 2010
Governor Sylva should be thoroughly investigated and if found guilty, impeached and sentenced to jail. The Nger Delta people are not yet ready to develop, if they are by now the streets of Yenagoa, Amosuoma and the creeks of Ekeremor Sagbama and Patani should be boiling.

But this is no excuse for not practicing true federalism.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by Joe50(m): 4:52pm On Mar 28, 2010
some people are heartless.
Anyway, i don't blame them its because, they belong to one or more occultic society.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by marvix(m): 4:53pm On Mar 28, 2010
@doyin 13, d two issues are linked, because we wld not want a federalism where a regional or state gov will bcom stronger dan d man @ d centre and this is d crux of d issue dat has not allowed for an increase in d derivation fund for d ND. Can u imagine wat Federal Govt wld be lik when u have warriors like Ibori, Odilu, Alams,Igbinedion and now Sylva with all their stolen funds starting a war against d federation, I say God forbid, God forbid we practise true federalism with characters like dis people in our political space.

I hav always known dat sylva was a clueles stupid gov when d EFCC on handing back looted funds frm Alams back to d state, the only thing he was able to say was dat d funds wld be used to construct "A Transparency House" or what did he even call it?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by Kobojunkie: 4:58pm On Mar 28, 2010
doyin13:

though.

UUmmm. . . . I don't think you are working this one right @Doyin13. We are talking of Nigeria here, or are we not?
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by Joe50(m): 5:04pm On Mar 28, 2010
where are the ND militants? You people should go and bomb his house.
Abi una no get liver to do it. Na only government una they attack? nonesense!
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by doyin13(m): 5:06pm On Mar 28, 2010
You people shouldn't get me wrong.

I am not in anyway defending Sylva.

If he has stolen money, he should face the
full wrath of the laws of the federation.

@marvix

Federalism does not mean the federal government
would be totally powerless. The federal government
would still be primarily responsible for defence.

Even with true federalism, it is likely that the Niger Delta
would still be the main contributor to federal coffers but not
the ONLY contributor which can only benefit everybody.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 28, 2010
This narrow minded ND who use this social media 2 show how lame and corrupt they are by supportin looting,they are the ones that wil suffer cos when the north comes back to power,they wn't b as diplomatic as yar adua regime.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by EzeUche(m): 5:42pm On Mar 28, 2010
This whole country needs to be overhauled. Break up into smaller pieces, so we can deal with these crooks in our own sphere. It doesn't matter if you are Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo, Idoma or Ijaw. We must go after these corrupt officials.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by edoyad(m): 5:43pm On Mar 28, 2010
Must all good news regarding states always originate from lagos ? Aren't there sane human beings existing in other parts of this contraption of ours ? Do we have values in Nigeria ? If we do what are they anchored on- honesty, justice and respect for life ? Ex-governors committing overtly committing statutory rape and serving governors condemning the poor to hunger and poverty, that's becoming the norm these days. The same ND where militants are fighting for justice is where such a man is proceeding from.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by EzeUche(m): 5:43pm On Mar 28, 2010
And the governor cannot tell sarcasm from the oyibo lips. Foolish man.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by EzeUche(m): 5:44pm On Mar 28, 2010
But haven't MEND started targeting oil executives and politicians? Those car bombs in Warri are no joke.
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by donkarly(m): 5:55pm On Mar 28, 2010
D nigerian governors are really sharing d money,they are all thieves.it is very unfortunate that d niger delta governors who are suppose to be championing d cause of their people are d same persons milking them dry,chei!
Re: Bayelsa State Governor Involved In N100 Billion Fraud. by Orikinla(m): 6:12pm On Mar 28, 2010
I WANT CAPITAL PUNISHMENT FOR CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA.

THIS IS THE ONLY SOLUTION.

ONCE FOUND GUILTY, PLEASE HANG THE CRIMINAL UNTIL CONFIRMED DEAD.

Corruption has caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people in Nigeria for decades and these evil and wicked corrupt politicians, military officers and others are shamelessly UNREPENTANT, therefore they do not deserve mercy.

Imagine General Theophilus Yakubu Danjuma (Rtd) shamelessly boasting of his ill-gotten wealth from an ill-gotten oil block. And nobody is talking about the public robbery of Mrs. Patience Goodluck Jonathan.

[size=14pt]In September 2006, The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) named Mrs. Patience Jonathan, wife of Goodluck Jonathan, then Bayelsa State Governor, as an accomplice in the N104million-money laundering case involving Mrs. Nancy Ebere Nwosu.
The EFCC in suit number FHC/ABJ/M/340/06 filed on August 21, 2007 at the Federal High Court, Abuja alleged that the governor’s wife was the one that instructed her agent to launder the huge sum in a First Bank of Nigeria account number 3292010060711 held in the name of Nansolyvan Public Relations Limited.

http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2860:ap-goodluck-jonathan-and-the-war-against-corruption&catid=52:daniel-elombah&Itemid=73[/size]

Majority of Nigerians are corrupt from their cheating at home and school to stealing in public office and private office, that is why corruption is now their way of life.

"O generation of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks."
~ Matthew 12:34

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Denies Describing Anambra Election As Free & Fair / Dino Melaye Finally Speaks On His Divorce Saga / Unauthorized Withdrawal Of NLNG Dividends: NNPC Insists On Full Disclosure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.