Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,703 members, 7,955,653 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:02 PM

Stages Of Social Deception - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stages Of Social Deception (2944 Views)

Beware Of Social Media Because It Makes You Commit The Sin Of Coveteousness / The Biggest Deception Of All Time??? All Christians Should Be Awake / Church And The Deception Of The Media - By Leke Beecroft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stages Of Social Deception by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 15, 2017
Okay.....
Re: Stages Of Social Deception by Daeylar(f): 8:25am On Dec 15, 2017
Re: Stages Of Social Deception by Daeylar(f): 8:26am On Dec 15, 2017

1 Like

Re: Stages Of Social Deception by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:22pm On Dec 18, 2017
Daeylar:

Don't worry I got it now.

They've still not answered me on why their God would create homosexuals (since he doesn't like them and he is the creator of everything) who he knows (since he is ominieverything and can see the future) would struggle through life and would eventually end up in hell.

Seems like god is just using us for his pleasure. Like a sick twisted game

God did not create a robot, that is why you have a mind.
Re: Stages Of Social Deception by bennyann: 6:25am On Dec 24, 2017
I don't know what happened, I couldn't comment on my own thread but could on others.

A lot I wanted to say but was tired of retyping.
Re: Stages Of Social Deception by bennyann: 6:35am On Dec 24, 2017
Daeylar:
I take it back, this article is bs

What is wrong and what is right?

Just because you don't agree with homosexuality does not make it wrong,
Just because my mum has her views on sexuality and marriage does not make my views wrong though it may be different.

As far as I'm concerned anything that doesn't directly or indirectly affect another person negatively isn't wrong

We need to stop this attitude of trying to control other human beings like us under the disguise of what's right and what's wrong.

It's good that Atheism and homosexuality which were previously unthinkable is now being accepted

It shows that we are growing and can now think for ourselves and can question what is actually right or wrong, and decided what's wrong based on how it actually affects others not because some people don't like it.

This article isn't saving anyone from social deception, it's deception itself,

You sure you aren't also guilty of the bolded?
Re: Stages Of Social Deception by bennyann: 6:43am On Dec 24, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I mean those are the stages used for "good" things too, OP just used examples of things he doesn't like but let's switch the example to something else, like slavery or (to avoid arguments) Killing of twins; I visit a society where they kill twins and see it as good and I want them to stop it......

The SHOCKER- I tell them "It is totally wrong to kill twins! They're humans like us!!"

The OUTRAGE stage - HopefulLandlord would be demonized and abused by the bewildered public for going against what their "Oracle" laid out for them as instructions on what to do with twins

The DISCUSSION stage - People start slamming non killing of twins and giving their good (albeit weak) arguments for killing twins while having most (read:all) their points debunked by me, I would always visit the shrines where these children are killed to argue and encourage people to do the same, This is the stage at which science kicks in to ‘prove’ that Twins are just like everyone else

The TOLERANCE stage - people will start saying “I am not going to let any twin grow up in my own family but if anyone else chooses to do the opposite, shauri yake (that’s his problem). Others will say: “Who cares what people do with their own life?”

The ACCEPTANCE stage - This is the part where letting twins live like everyone else becomes an alternative way of life, I've gathered enough following and we've coined the term "TWINOPHOBIA" to describe those that are still following the Oracle's instructions on killing of twins; I try to get lawmakers into making a law against killing of twins without the consent of their parents

The VENERATION stage - This is the stage at which the people who do not practice killing of twins are praised. The liberalist media (which includes almost all international channels) subtly promotes them as ‘cool’, intelligent, exposed. That’s the stage at which celebrities ‘come out’ to reveal that they are ‘proud not to be killing twins’.

Good one there.

But the intensity at which it is forced on the public is vast compared to the 'good'.
Re: Stages Of Social Deception by bennyann: 6:49am On Dec 24, 2017
Tozara:
Replace homosexuality/bestiality with FEMINISM or some other human rights movement and the house of cards comes collapsing in on itself!

There's no RIGHT or WRONG in NATURE. So, that being the case, how do we determine what is right and what is wrong? By consulting the "word of God", or deciding among ourselves using criteria that favour EVERYONE?

Which shall it be?

Why do atheists keep saying there's no right or wrong? OK, what about generally speaking?

Putting our Godly views aside, are you insinuating nothing is either right or wrong? Absolutely nothing?

Please I need more explanation on it.
Re: Stages Of Social Deception by hopefulLandlord: 7:25am On Dec 24, 2017
bennyann:

Good one there.

But the intensity at which it is forced on the public is vast compared to the 'good'.

agreed, the game itself isn't bad, its what the game is used for that either makes it bad or good like the popular saying "Guns don't kill people, people kill people"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stages Of Social Deception by Saverin: 7:42am On Dec 24, 2017
bennyann

Social deception is real. They have through advertisements convinced the world that sugared water drink like coke is good for the body.

2 Likes

Re: Stages Of Social Deception by bennyann: 5:49pm On Dec 24, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

agreed, the game itself isn't bad, its what the game is used for that either makes it bad or good like the popular saying "Guns don't kill people, people kill people"

Ok. I get it. Christians still need to be very careful then so we don't take everything as the norm.

Bro hope, can you help me with some lists of things that can be said to be good or bad to atheists?

I met one who is an atheist but he doesn't want to get close because I have my own definition of good and bad. And I've seen similar comments here from your people.

The definition I gave for good was, anything that pleases Christ is what I want to always do and I don't want to go against it. I sensed he gave up on me at that instant.

So can you give me an idea of what's good and bad to you? Any other atheists can help. I don't know if I should create another thread for it.
Re: Stages Of Social Deception by bennyann: 5:54pm On Dec 24, 2017
Saverin:
bennyann

Social deception is real. They have through advertisements convinced the world that sugared water drink like coke is good for the body.

True grin

So it becomes Deception when it is dangerous to humans.

That takes us back to what's good and bad? What's right and wrong?
Re: Stages Of Social Deception by hopefulLandlord: 6:41pm On Dec 24, 2017
bennyann:

Ok. I get it. Christians still need to be very careful then so we don't take everything as the norm.

Bro hope, can you help me with some lists of things that can be said to be good or bad to atheists?

I met one who is an atheist but he doesn't want to get close because I have my own definition of good and bad. And I've seen similar comments here from your people.

The definition I gave for good was, anything that pleases Christ is what I want to always do and I don't want to go against it. I sensed he gave up on me at that instant.

So can you give me an idea of what's good and bad to you? Any other atheists can help. I don't know if I should create another thread for it.

this would be rushed so I won't be as well constructed but I hope you're charitable with it for my sake

atheism has nothing to do with morals

most atheists and all atheists I know actually assert that good and bad are human constructs and so are subjective just like beauty
theists disagree with this, they say that good and bad are codes handed down by whoever created the universe which happens to be the god of their religion (whichever one they belong to)

so while a Christian (theist) thinks gay marriage is wrong because the god of their religion said so, the atheist might think its also wrong for their own personal reasons

the kicker here is that the theist starts with the assumption that his god's existence is a forgone conclusion and follows it up that his god determines good and bad, an atheist disagrees that this god exists and then asserts that since good and bad is determined by that being which doesn't exist, then good and bad doesn't exist at all

1 Like

Re: Stages Of Social Deception by Saverin: 7:06pm On Dec 24, 2017
bennyann:

True grin

So it becomes Deception when it is dangerous to humans.

That takes us back to what's good and bad? What's right and wrong?

What is right is what we (majority) have accepted to be right. what is wrong is the same definition.

For example, it is wrong to marry four wives in Eastern part of Nigeria while it is acceptable in the North.

Do you get?
Re: Stages Of Social Deception by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 26, 2017
bennyann:

Why do atheists keep saying there's no right or wrong? OK, what about generally speaking?

Putting our Godly views aside, are you insinuating nothing is either right or wrong? Absolutely nothing?

Please I need more explanation on it.
There's no right or wrong in nature. HUMANITY INVENTED MORALITY. There are no objective, immutable moral facts.

Many things that were "right" centuries ago are now WRONG, the same way things that were "wrong" centuries ago are now RIGHT. So, what is right, and what is wrong? Who decides? "God", or MAN? Even your God does not subscribe to any form of objective morality. Your Holy Book has an Old Testament and a New Testament. And now, modern Christians seem to have created an unofficial "Modern Testament".

So, what in my view is right and what is wrong? I believe NOTHING is wrong unless it causes harm to others or poses a threat to the existence or collective well-being of the HUMAN RACE.
Tozara
Re: Stages Of Social Deception by bennyann: 3:36pm On Feb 04, 2018
There's no right or wrong in nature. HUMANITY INVENTED MORALITY. There are no objective, immutable moral facts.

Many things that were "right" centuries ago are now WRONG, the same way things that were "wrong" centuries ago are now RIGHT. So, what is right, and what is wrong? Who decides? "God", or MAN? Even your God does not subscribe to any form of objective morality. Your Holy Book has an Old Testament and a New Testament. And now, modern Christians seem to have created an unofficial "Modern Testament".

So, what in my view is right and what is wrong? I believe NOTHING is wrong unless it causes harm to others or poses a threat to the existence or collective well-being of the HUMAN RACE.
Tozara

Joey, is that you?
Re: Stages Of Social Deception by bennyann: 3:40pm On Feb 04, 2018
Saverin:

What is right is what we (majority) have accepted to be right. what is wrong is the same definition.

For example, it is wrong to marry four wives in Eastern part of Nigeria while it is acceptable in the North.

Do you get?

Majority? Isn't that a dangerous mindset?
Re: Stages Of Social Deception by Tozara(m): 3:48pm On Feb 04, 2018
bennyann:

Joey, is that you?
shocked shocked shocked
NOT!...... surprised. I knew you would figure that out. I was expecting it.
It's me. embarassed
Re: Stages Of Social Deception by bennyann: 3:50pm On Feb 04, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

this would be rushed so I won't be as well constructed but I hope you're charitable with it for my sake

atheism has nothing to do with morals

most atheists and all atheists I know actually assert that good and bad are human constructs and so are subjective just like beauty
theists disagree with this, they say that good and bad are codes handed down by whoever created the universe which happens to be the god of their religion (whichever one they belong to)

so while a Christian (theist) thinks gay marriage is wrong because the god of their religion said so, the atheist might think its also wrong for their own personal reasons

the kicker here is that the theist starts with the assumption that his god's existence is a forgone conclusion and follows it up that his god determines good and bad, an atheist disagrees that this god exists and then asserts that since good and bad is determined by that being which doesn't exist, then good and bad doesn't exist at all

Hmmmm.

After all said, I think since the God the Christians believe in doesn't take bad for good and good for bad, in other words, what he takes to be good is beneficial to the human race and what he termed to be bad is harmful to the human race, it is good to stick to His good.

I know you wouldn't feel so but don't you feel so to à greater extent ?
Re: Stages Of Social Deception by bennyann: 4:02pm On Feb 04, 2018
Tozara:
shocked shocked shocked

NOT!...... surprised. I knew you would figure that out. I was expecting it.

It's me. embarassed

cheesy grin cheesy

May God keep us alive till I'm ready to search for you. I will search for you and I can't wait for that time to come.

You don't need to reply OK..

Love you
Re: Stages Of Social Deception by Saverin: 4:38pm On Feb 04, 2018
bennyann:

Majority? Isn't that a dangerous mindset?

It is. That's why the world is a dangerous place
Re: Stages Of Social Deception by Tozara(m): 4:46pm On Feb 04, 2018
bennyann:

cheesy grin cheesy

May God keep us alive till I'm ready to search for you. I will search for you and I can't wait for that time to come.

You don't need to reply OK..

Love you
Amen. smiley kiss

I know you've been good.

I just had to reply, you know. smiley

Love you too.
Re: Stages Of Social Deception by bennyann: 6:35pm On Feb 04, 2018
Saverin:

It is. That's why the world is a dangerous place

Hmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Saw Angel Michael Descend From Heaven Saying "I'm Here To Protect You" / Jesus: Man Of Peace Or Man Of War / Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.