Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah (2881 Views)

Best Time To Pray And Allah Will Answer The Prayer / Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by Jroy(m): 9:20am On Apr 09, 2010
People always claim difference between the christian GOD and the muslim ALLAH. Is there no chance that they are thesame body?
Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by Zodiac61(m): 10:13am On Apr 09, 2010
There is no difference. They are both, most likely, fictional characters.
Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by Jroy(m): 10:45am On Apr 09, 2010
you think so?
Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by Fhemmmy: 2:29pm On Apr 09, 2010
What is the diference btw Dad and Baba?
Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:54pm On Apr 09, 2010
One has serious issues with women taking a leading role in society, the other is just as confused as a naked Arab with sand in the crack of his butt
Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by Fhemmmy: 3:38pm On Apr 09, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

One has serious issues with women taking a leading role in society, the other is just as confused as a unclothed Arab with sand in the crack of his butt

It is not about the religion but the word.
Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by Kay17: 4:07pm On Apr 09, 2010
Both objects of dogmatism
Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by jagunlabi(m): 4:24pm On Apr 09, 2010
No difference.One and the same entity with different terms of reference to divide people and set them against each other over trifles.
Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by seyenko(m): 4:38pm On Apr 09, 2010
None ! God - English language, Allah - Arabic language
Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by Fhemmmy: 4:49pm On Apr 09, 2010
^^^ Yes oh
Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by Nezan(m): 5:01pm On Apr 09, 2010
It depends on which 'god' you are referring to. The Biblical God, whose name is YHWH is the almighty God through the ages, whereas the god, whose generic name is ALLAH was an idol of the kuraish tribe in Arabia, who was rebranded and presented as a counterfeit of YHWH.
Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by misterh(m): 5:14pm On Apr 09, 2010
Nezan:

It depends on which 'god' you are referring to. The Biblical God, whose name is YHWH is the almighty God through the ages, whereas the god, whose generic name is ALLAH was an idol of the kuraish tribe in Arabia, who was rebranded and presented as a counterfeit of YHWH.
Allah (SWT) is not an idol. Allah is God and God is Allah.
Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by Nezan(m): 5:32pm On Apr 09, 2010
misterh:

Allah (SWT) is not an idol. Allah is God and God is Allah.

God is a general name, whereas the Christian/Jewish God is YHWH, the muslim god is ALLAH, other gods are SANGO, IFA, IJOUGH AONDO e.t.c., you can never hijack the name 'god' for allah only.
Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:19am On Apr 11, 2010
Jroy:

People always claim difference between the christian GOD and the muslim ALLAH. Is there no chance that they are thesame body?

The only "chance that they are the same body" is between slim and none, and slim had long checked out of town.

The difference between the real God and allah is that One is the uncreated Creator while the other is a devil in disguise. One has a Son while the other hasn't got a son. One is the triune God while the other was created by the former.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0042/0042_01.asp

1 Like

Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by mazaje(m): 5:53pm On Apr 11, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

The only "chance that they are the same body" is between slim and none, and slim had long checked out of town.

The difference between the real God and allah is that one is the uncreated Creator while the other is an devil in disguise. One has a Son while the other hasn't got a son. One is the triune God while the other was created by the former.

So yahweh created allah and allowed him to "deceive and lead astray" the over 1.2 billion muslims alive eh?. . . .Interesting. . . .
Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by Zodiac61(m): 9:59pm On Apr 11, 2010
mazaje:

So yahweh created allah and allowed him to "deceive and lead astray" the over 1.2 billion muslims alive eh?. . . .Interesting. . . .
I wonder why God must be a sadist to condemn not just 1.2 billion muslims to heel, but over 4 billion non christians. Their only sins appear to be accidents of birth.
Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 11, 2010
jagunlabi:

No difference.One and the same entity with different terms of reference to divide people and set them against each other over tifles.

Absolutely two different beings.

God is not Allah and Allah is not God.

God is not an author of confusion so stop parroting lies.

1. The same God who sent his Son Jesus Christ to die for us CANNOT be the same ALLAH who does not recognise Jesus Christ as GOD.

2. The same God who said bless your enemies and pray for those who persecute you cannot be the same ALLAH who says wipe out the infidels

3. The same God who says except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of GOD cannot be the same ALLAH that says if you kill and die in a Jihad you will inherit 72 virgins in 'paradise '

The list is endless.

God is not Allah.

God can be called Jehova, Yahweh and other highly elevated names but definitely not Allah

1 Like

Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 11, 2010
Zodiac61:

I wonder why God must be a sadist to condemn not just 1.2 billion muslims to heel, but over 4 billion non christians. Their only sins appear to be accidents of birth.

God is not sending 1.2 billion Muslims to Hell in the way that you mentioned.

God is actively saving mankind including nominal Christians, Muslims, etc. It is not and has never been God's desire to see humanity plunged into Hell. In fact Jesus Christ specifically mentioned that Hell was prepared for the Devil and his Angels and definitely not for man. So I do not agree with you by any means that 1.2 billion Muslims are going to hell.

But when man allies himself with Satan and despite multitudes of pleas from God through their conscience, warnings from Christians, warnings from others etc, he or she continues to go from bad to worse without repenting from their evil, if they die in that state, it is Hell instantly.

Now tell me do you as a person think God is unjust to send you to Hell if you:

1. Kill and shed innocent blood in the name of religion
2. Steal another person’s spouse?
3. Gossip and ruin another person's reputation?
4. Fornicate with someone that you most likely will not marry?

It’s so easy for sinful and wicked man to question God while they continue disobeying his laws with scorn and ridicule on a daily basis.

Sickening it really is.

We are all guilty before God and he has provided a way out of his judgement.

Accept the gift or reject it, but remember there is always a price to pay for aligning your goals and lifestyle after Satan’s kingdom.
there is a price to pay !
Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by Zodiac61(m): 12:05am On Apr 12, 2010
@ frosbel
frosbel:

Now tell me do you as a person think God is unjust to send you to Hell if you:

1. Kill and shed innocent blood in the name of religion
2. Steal another person’s spouse?
3. Gossip and ruin another person's reputation?
4. Fornicate with someone that you most likely will not marry?

It’s so easy for sinful and wicked man to question God while they continue disobeying his laws with scorn and ridicule on a daily basis.

Sickening it really is.

We are all guilty before God and he has provided a way out of his judgement.

Accept the gift or reject it, but remember there is always a price to pay for aligning your goals and lifestyle after Satan’s kingdom.
there is a price to pay !
Most people, religious or not, do not
1. Kill and shed innocent blood in the name of religion,
2. Steal another person's spouse (sounds to me that you think that my spouse is my property),
3. Gossip and ruin other people's reputations, and
4. Fornicate with persons they have no intention of marrying (although it takes two consenting adults to fornicate and I wonder why god seems to be fascinated with people's sexual habits).

You may consider yourself guilty before god, I certainly do not consider myself guilty of anything.
So I ask you, what do you say will happen to people like me who do not and will not accept jesus as our personal lord and saviour, people who refuse to believe in the existence of god in any way, shape or form?
Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 12, 2010
WARNING: Strictly for the inquiring minds and those who still think. 

Who, or what, is God? is Olorun=Chineke, is God=Allah? is God=Olorun? or is God=Chineke?
The questions are endless. What follows is a tentative hunt for some answers.

The English word (God) itself is derived from the Proto-Germanic * ǥuđan. The Germanic words for god were originally exclusive for use by indigenous Germanic pagans long before the Christianization of the Germanic peoples. Can we then simply infer that the pagan-rooted word "God" refers to the German Pagan gods/ pantheon?

In spite of significant differences between religions such as Christianity, Islam & Judaism, the term "God" remains an English translation common to all. The name may signify any related or similar monotheistic deities.
When used in English within a community with a common monotheistic background, "God" always refers to the deity they share. Those with a background in different Abrahamic religions will usually agree on the deity they share, while still differing on details of belief and doctrine—they will disagree about attributes of [the] God, rather than thinking in terms of "my God" and "your (different) God".

Curiously, the Yoruba have been referring their all-powerful god as Olorun ("the owner of the sky"wink or Olodumare (roughly translates as "the almighty"wink, before the advent of christianity or Islam. Same goes for Igbo, as in Chineke & Hausa, as in Ubangidi
Unlike Sango & the other Yoruba pantheons(Orisala, Obatala, Ogun and Esu.) who has dozens of shrines erected to him, Olorun has not a single shrine; the Yoruba never make sacrifices to him, and he has no priests. He plays much the same role as do the Judeo-Christian and Islamic gods-- he is "the creator of all things, the almighty and all-knowing, the giver of life and breath, and the final judge of mankind".

This is the Analogy of Arabia pre-islam. After being taught the concept of God by his father,  Abraham (Ibrahim), Ishmael(Ismail) established this concept to his descendants, the Arabs. they hallowed the concept of Allah as the supreme being but still proceed to get closer to him via the worship of lesser gods. This finds abutment in the argument that the Yoruba find the concept of an almighty God, Olorun so overwhelming and remote that they cannot relate Olorun to their day-to-day worship reality.
The usage of the words Ubangidi, Chineke, Olorun is never in ambiguity as to the fact that it refers to the Supreme/Creator even among christian or muslims from these areas.

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishmael
Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by ilosiwaju: 3:48pm On Apr 12, 2010
One promises 72 virgins on meeting him and the other promises an estate paved with gold where lions will play with lambs.
Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by ShyMallam(m): 4:45pm On Apr 12, 2010
@Jroy. What actually do you want to know, Do you want to compare the Christian God with the Muslim Allah? If not, then just as some have said To a Christian, his God is Jesus and to a Muslim, his God is Allah. And according to either beliefs, theirs is a more legitimate and true master. It will be mischievous of you to throw a general question to two divides of a faith and expect a straight-kind of an answer. To be a little helpful, your question should rightly have been directed to the Muslims thus: Is God the same as Allah in your faith? I am a Muslim and everyday whether in speech or thought I do pray and I often use the word God 'cos in actuality I am referring to Allah, now it all boils down to belief. I respect each and every faith and what their religious injunctions say but MY belief is in Allah, that my brothers and sisters does not mean yours is fake or bad. Ultimately, our prayers as good followers of our faiths (whatever they may be) is for that One True God to guide all humanity. This is a sensitive issue, be advised that is GOD you are talking about, would your God condone a follower of His to ridicule the faith of another? What kind of a God would He be then? Ask yourselves!!!
Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by jcross19: 4:49pm On Apr 12, 2010
i have being waiting for this topic come up but i think God for making it possible . my brothers and sister on here do not be deceived by any body who tell you that allah and almighty God are the same, please they are quite different entirely b,cos "AL" means "the" while "illah" means god . so, by joining al+illah =allah that means "the god" does the name make sense to you huh? okay from the name in the bible that appear in the koran which the word "GOD " is used as a suffix like IHS-MA-(EL) same as isma(IL) which means God will listen so please do we see allah not like this abdullah, okay let's continue Gabri(EL) same as jibr(IL) which means God is my mighty. so to tel you the word EL IN HEBREW IS THE SAME AS IL OF THE ARABIANS NOT ALLAH.
Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by donkarly(m): 5:52pm On Apr 12, 2010
allah is not the christian God,moslems dont believe in trinity so they cannot be and are not same.i am a xtian and our God is the creator of all,while allah is a sun god.
Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by aletheia(m): 6:04pm On Apr 12, 2010
Zodiac61:

You may consider yourself guilty before god, I certainly do not consider myself guilty of anything.
So I ask you, what do you say will happen to people like me who do not and will not accept jesus as our personal lord and saviour, people who refuse to believe in the existence of god in any way, shape or form?
Why ask? You have already made a choice to reject life and choose death, despite the truth having been presented to you. Here is the verdict:

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 12, 2010
AIRDIG:

The English word (God) itself is derived from the Proto-Germanic * ǥuđan. The Germanic words for god were originally exclusive for use by indigenous Germanic pagans long before the Christianization of the Germanic peoples. Can we then simply infer that the pagan-rooted word "God" refers to the German Pagan gods/ pantheon?
Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by chakula: 7:27pm On Apr 12, 2010
lol
Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by annyplenty(m): 8:50pm On Apr 12, 2010
what is d meaning of "LAILA ILLAH ALLAHU"?
Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 12, 2010
chakula:

lol

I hope you are not taking this as a joke. You need to sit down and read the bible side by side with the Quran just like many of us investigative christians do on a daily basis.

To equate Allah with Yahweh is an insult of eternal proportions !
Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by Zodiac61(m): 10:53pm On Apr 12, 2010
@ aletheia,

Rather selective in quoting me, weren't you?

frosbel:

I hope you are not taking this as a joke. You need to sit down and read the bible side by side with the Quran just like many of us investigative christians do on a daily basis.

To equate Allah with Yahweh is an insult of eternal proportions !
@frosbel,
I am sure that many muslims, Buddhists etc would say the same about christians. Ahh, the arrogance of the believer. every one is certain that his god is the one true god.
Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by Mudley313: 12:20am On Apr 13, 2010
Same thing as asking "What's the difference between Batman and Superman"

Both Fictional Characters

Different names and storylines/powers
Re: Watz The Difference Btw God And Allah by DAVE5(m): 12:49am On Apr 13, 2010
no diff whatsoever

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Jehovah A Former Pagan Deity? / A Thread On Apostle Joshua Selman Ministry (ENI) / How You Know Your Pastor Just Scammed You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.