Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,036 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday (37896 Views)

SSANU, NASU To Begin 14-Day Nationwide Warning Strike On October 5 / Drama You Will See As Schools Will Resume On Monday (photos) / SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by michoim(m): 7:13am On Dec 04, 2017
Idle people
Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by einsteinclub: 7:13am On Dec 04, 2017
Its like this guys are cursed
Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by sinkhole: 7:18am On Dec 04, 2017
Sunkyphil:
Wats with ASUU and their incessant strike,i guess they want to go for xmas break
Please ASUU is not part of this. Haba, must everything be ASUU?
Paperwhite:
Is this ASUU under a curse? angry
Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by elhafeez(m): 7:20am On Dec 04, 2017
wrong title. its non academic staffs not ASSU guys lets try to read before commenting. Moderators correct the title.
Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by apholaryn: 7:20am On Dec 04, 2017
acme6:
ASUU please allow 2018 set to graduate before you embark on this money driven strike.
u dey selfish o
Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by Awoo88: 7:21am On Dec 04, 2017
jdluv:
its Nasu .Lectures may comtinue since the last week ui nasu strike didnot affect lectures
It will not until you have to write exams or use the workshop or lab

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by MielBaker(m): 7:25am On Dec 04, 2017
The one problem they are always having. Money!
Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by damilare442: 7:27am On Dec 04, 2017
An American Firm wants to ease Digital Promotion of Music in Nigeria. But they want to access how Nigerian artistes promote their Songs.

If you are an artist, manager, Label owner, promoter or stake holder in the Nigerian digital promotion niche, Kindly attend to this survey.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/H2KR89C
Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 04, 2017
apholaryn:
u dey selfish o
How?
Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by emperormossad(m): 7:28am On Dec 04, 2017
University unions and strike.
Before God and man, I do not understand what's happening there again. Our universities are being crippled. I'm a graduate of one but I must admit, things ought to be better.
We can be better. This is getting really ugly and no one seems genuinely bothered. See how privileged kids are flown abroad and we're left to suffer for mistakes some of us were born into.
This is so unfortunate. I'm sad, not just for nasu or ssanu or ASUU. This really hurts.
Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 04, 2017
Are u graduating as a teacher?
acme6:
ASUU please allow 2018 set to graduate before you embark on this money driven strike.
Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 04, 2017
Souljeezy:
NotASUU...its NASU, SSANU & NAAT..
Bt wil dix strike stop lectures frm holding?.

Any strike d@ affect any major union(ASUU,SSANU,NASU,NAAT,STUDENT UNION) in d University affect d students directly, no lectures
Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by nwimo22(m): 7:32am On Dec 04, 2017
ASUU pls wait lemme complete my clearance.
Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by DTaj: 7:32am On Dec 04, 2017
ASUU IS NOT ON STRIKE! What sort of daft headline is this? How is ASUU same as NASU and other non-academic unions

Moderator, change the headline; you are misleading your readers! ASUU IS NOT ON STRIKE!!!

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by Igboblog: 7:38am On Dec 04, 2017
E be like Mynd44 don smoke this morning. What kind of caption be this? Lalasticlala help am out

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by apholaryn: 7:40am On Dec 04, 2017
acme6:
How?
u care about no one but yourself... so they can resume there strike after 2018 ryt?
Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 04, 2017
apholaryn:
u care about no one but yourself... so they can resume there strike after 2018 ryt?
Well, ASUU strike is inevitable, so it doesn't really matter what I care about.
Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by mustafa006: 7:45am On Dec 04, 2017
ybalogs:
ASUU and strike sha. This is already boring jooor.make they just strike forever nah...mcheew
You must be a drppout
Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by ElsonMorali: 7:47am On Dec 04, 2017
NIGERIA!

I remember When I was in school (aeons ago) ASUU strike almost made our academic life absolute nonsense.

I used to have potential international employers ask me to explain the obvious abnormal length of time it took me to study.

And that was centuries ago.

Same sh1t is still happening centuries after.

Same thing with electricity. Year in, year out, there isn't stable power supply. And you'll think that over the years, things would improve.

...And then some fvcked up youths, whose destinies have been mortgaged by Nigerian politicians will still come up here to campaign for these same people.

Nigeria should be converted into an international dumping ground for toxic industrial waste. That.way at least we will be useful to the international community.
Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by danugochukwu96(m): 7:48am On Dec 04, 2017
honestly I find it difficult to sympathize with university lecturers because their apathy to their core mandate (teaching) has no comparism. In few years from now, very serious and competitive private tertiary institutions will completely displace public tertiary institutions.
Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by apholaryn: 7:48am On Dec 04, 2017
acme6:
Well, ASUU strike is inevitable, so it doesn't really matter what I care about.
only death is inevitable...I get your point tho
Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by HeyCorleone(m): 7:49am On Dec 04, 2017
Souljeezy:
NotASUU...its NASU, SSANU & NAAT.. Bt wil dix strike stop lectures frm holding?.

Because you're not aware that most lecturers are senior staff (SSANU)
Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by dingbang(m): 7:49am On Dec 04, 2017
They should just go on strike forever...
Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by bigpicture001: 7:59am On Dec 04, 2017
Souljeezy:
NotASUU...its NASU, SSANU & NAAT..
Bt wil dix strike stop lectures frm holding?.
..yes senior lecturers...nd in no time all lectuerers...ASUU need NASU to run d skl adequately..lecturs ar not d only things going on in a skl environment
Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by Akposkibo(m): 8:00am On Dec 04, 2017
Let them strike and do all because I must remain in my work place to collect my December bonus, #ISTANDWITHASUUSTRIKE
Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by Harrynight(m): 8:01am On Dec 04, 2017
dis guyz shud jus b zerious abt dia strike... strike for gud indefinitely untll they are fully and 100% settled not jus reaching nonesense agreement!

or strike for life mek we rest!
Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by mikaelword(m): 8:02am On Dec 04, 2017
acme6:
Selfish human being. Instead of you to pray make holy spirit use government make them respond to those involved. Remember say one of your brothers or extended family go get admission soon o..
Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by bigpicture001: 8:03am On Dec 04, 2017
federal govt should simply bar all associations in the country..the disturb the free market system which nigeria is practising...including labour unions
Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by Sylverly(m): 8:10am On Dec 04, 2017
The mod. Should change the headline
Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by Section7: 8:13am On Dec 04, 2017
Its ASUU,SSANU,NASU,NAAT... Wot is wrong with these people self,
Re: ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday by Rhea(f): 8:24am On Dec 04, 2017
bravoluv83:
The Joint Action Committee has directed the Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities, Non-Academic Staff Union of Universities and Associated Institutions and National Association of Academic Technologists to resume strike on Monday.
A letter to all the branch chairmen titled, ‘Directives to immediately resume the suspended strike,’ was signed by Samson Ugwoke, SSANU, Chris Ani, NASU and Sani Suleiman, NAAT.
The JAC had claimed that only a ‘pittance’ was given to the three unions out of the N23bn ‘earned allowance’ released by the Federal Government to the Academic Staff Union of Universities.
The union complained that the government failed to explain how the money was shared between ASUU and the non-academic teaching staff unions.
The strike notice read, “Please, recall our last correspondence to you in which we informed you of the letter written to the Minister of Education rejecting the allocation made by the office of the Permanent Secretary and signed by the PS himself.
“In the said letter, the Federal Government was given seven days to explain the criteria for the said allocation and do the needful. The deadline has elapsed without any response from the Federal Government of Nigeria.
“In view of the above therefore, you are hereby directed to resume the suspended indefinite strike action as from 12 midnight, Sunday, 3rd December, 2017.
“During this period, the strike shall be total and comprehensive.”
When contacted for reaction to the claims by the union that they were cheated in the disbursement of the allocation, the ASUU President, Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi, said he was on the road and requested our correspondent to call back later.

This is the boss of the Nigerian University Commission Prof Adamu Abubakar Rasheed celebrating with his son who just bagged a PhD from the University of Aberdeen in the UK.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abducted Lagos SchoolGirls Back In School [PHOTO] / Result Controversy: ‘It’s Unfair, Not My Fault’, Mmesoma Says On JAMB 3-Year Ban / Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.