Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya (68971 Views)

D.K. Olukoya's 2018 Prophecies And The Way Out / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by mickeymimi: 4:01pm On Dec 03, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KTnS3VxNUI

TB Joshua advice to use your tithes to help anybody around you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugeP9aF4DwU
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Harrynight(m): 4:02pm On Dec 03, 2017
Tecno66:
I watched the telecast live. You didnt complete what he said. He actually went on to say if you choose to pay then the windows of heaven will be open to bless you as God promised and that there are people who have gone beyond paying 10% as tithe. He said some pay 30%, 50% and even 90% of their income. The choice is yours. He subsequently called for the tithe of the day. His message is just the way things are and it is that nobody will bring police to arrest you for not paying your tithe and offering. It is freewill, Or you don see where them arrest members for not paying tithe?

i can bet that Dangote, Gate, Mark Zukerberck and 97 others making top 100 richest persons dont tithe
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Talkwell: 4:03pm On Dec 03, 2017
Michhy123:
We all know that God doesn't have bank account, but do u at some point ask yourself where money is taken to build the church, beautify the place of worship, some of us can't stay in church without air-conditioning.... How about the chairs... I think the tithing is the mentality........ Tithing works for me and I'm asking God for more to step up...

What you're saying is donation to specific church projects not tithe to build university way our children no fit attend

Instead of those so called men of god to openly tell the church were exactly the cash is going and why the money is required for that task,they're busy opening more branches and requesting for seeds to be sown.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Tecno66: 4:03pm On Dec 03, 2017
Harrynight:
Olukoya is speaking the truth but his fellow pastors wont like this truth, hence they will hate him for that....
He didnt say we shouldnt pay tithe, he only said it is freewill just the way things are. Abi you don see church where them take police arrest members because them no pay tithe?
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Neoteny(m): 4:04pm On Dec 03, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Nothing is compulsory in this life.

Even impregnating one's wife is not compulsory.

God has given us a free will or the power of choice. Yet, he admonishes us to choose rightly.

Deuteronomy 30:19 says; "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live".

Tithing is not compulsory but it works wonders for everyone who genuinely and faithfully engages in it.

The irony of this tithing drama is that, those who are paying tithes from millions and in millions will continue to give to God heartily and Joyfully, but the ones paying tithes of 10naira, 100naira and 1000 naira are the ones screaming tithing is a scam.

No pastor has ever placed a gun on anybody's head to demand tithe.

Happy Sunday folks!

I just don't understand how this doctrine works:

Your god is supposedly almighty, eternal, created everything, gives and takes as he wills.....and yet you have to give him 10% of your earnings?

And then he doubles it for you?

Sounds like a divine ponzi scheme.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by brightalo17: 4:04pm On Dec 03, 2017
ebenholer:
Even heaven is not compulsory. You have option to go to He'll or Heaven. Biblical principles are ways of life that are optional. Take tithing seriously or leave it.
You need special prayers , since you believe Tithe and heaven are not compulsory why then some Churches will make it compulsory to pay tithe if not when the person die he will not be buried by the church unless the tithe is paid in full? Yet even if the person is going to heaven or hell they don't care?

Will I make heaven if I don't pay tithe?
Will God look at my tithe booklet and forgive me my sins?
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 03, 2017
An2elect2:
Hehehehe Christians shouldn't tithe at all.

"Tithing isnt compulsory" is like saying "The law isn't compulsory" Law is law for a reason. If you are under a law you must abide by it and in some cases to the letter. There is no "if you like" with the law. You break it you face punishment. That's why Christ came to free us from not only the punishment but also from the demands of the law.

Before now. The truth was: CHRISTIANS ARE NOT TO TITHE BUT GIVE WHATEVER THEY ARE WILLING TO GIVE

Lying ministers shouted the exact opposite of the truth from their pulpits: TITHING IS COMPULSORY AND OFFENDERS ARE INCURRING GOD'S WRATH

Then a man came to challenge them with the bible. He won a lot of people over

Proud lying ministers couldnt take it and got worse in preaching the opposite of the truth. They were no longer convincing.

So shy lying ministers (the devil's second try to keep people enslaved) like this come forward for the first time ever(what have they been doing since?) to "challenge" the obvious lie with subtle lie or is it a levelling ground lie saying: TITHING IS NOT COMPULSORY.

Who is the devil trying to swindle with this lie? When did a law become not compulsory?

Christians shouldnt tithe we have been freed from the law.

hmm wonder why people think like this, anyway he said that it isn't compulsory but if u know u hv the FAITH and you know it will bless you, go ahead. After all it is the universal law of give and it shall be given to you, press down shaking together, it applies to all. He's not saying you shouldn't tithe oh, he said if u know wish then do so and watch God bless you. That is the meaning of what he said.
Abeg oh May God bless us all
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Referendum50(f): 4:06pm On Dec 03, 2017
chloride6:
The Tithing Movement just took a massive hit!
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Harrynight(m): 4:09pm On Dec 03, 2017
Tecno66:
He didnt say we shouldnt pay tithe, he only said it is freewill just the way things are. Abi you don see church where them take police arrest members because them no pay tithe?

then i might hav to correct him that Tithing has been scrapped.... we are not meant to pay at all.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Olayinkaji(m): 4:10pm On Dec 03, 2017
plessis:
Why is nobody talking about salvation again?....

Get the whole message, he talked about salvation. Infact it was mainly on salvation he built the message on

2 Likes

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by subcbouy: 4:12pm On Dec 03, 2017
hayotundeh:

The power of primitive faith....I see you sir
Present Sir grin
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Spuggie: 4:13pm On Dec 03, 2017
ShafebProperty:
For dose saying tithe isn't compulsory, you can go read
Malachi 3 V 8 to 12

Very well then, if you must tithe, are you tithing properly? Deut 14: 22 - 29 , tells us how to do it and anything short of this as ordered in the bible, is waste of time and falling prey to pastorpreneurs
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Talkwell: 4:15pm On Dec 03, 2017
nicemuyoo:
Pls stop calling it tithing then .It is simply donations. It is voluntary, it is not to tithe and don't ever appropriate bible passages on tithing to voluntary giving or donation. It is called false teachings.
It does not have to be 10% and it should be done discreetly with right motivation towards right course or else you give in vain!

exactly what I've been saying,its not tithe it's just donations to cover the Church expenses that should be clearly stated to church members

2 Likes

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Nowenuse: 4:16pm On Dec 03, 2017
profmiganigal:
I have told my igbo brothers to stop going to these yoruba controlled churches

They are the problems of Nigeria

We are okay with Anglican, Roman catholic and methodist.

And what about people of other tribes who attend Igbo controlled/owned churches? What should they do?
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by AkumahTalk(m): 4:16pm On Dec 03, 2017
I beg to differ with your "own words". God may not have a physical address but He has a bank and it's your hungry and sick brother's/neighbour's empty pocket.

felifeli:
" There is nowhere in the Bible where it is written that tithing and giving offering is compulsory .But if you want to trust God with your finances you should even strive to do more than the tithe "

This was a part of the message of the G.O of MFM Ministries this morning at the international headquarters .

My own words:
So, what do you say scoffers? If you like chop nkwobi and Isi ewu and gulder with your money, if you like give it to your church . The choice is your. God no get address and no bank account.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by steve6: 4:17pm On Dec 03, 2017
Observing...
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Coldfeets: 4:19pm On Dec 03, 2017
#FreeTheSheeple

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Xtopherprince(m): 4:19pm On Dec 03, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

No pastor has ever placed a gun on anybody's head to demand tithe.

But pastors have spoken all manner of absurdities like "Not tithing is same as robbing God, Multitude of curses await those who don't tithe " all in a bid to get members to pay tithes. Some even go as far as painting the most gruesome scenerios that will befall non tithers. That to me is tantamount to forcing one to pay tithe. Nobody wants to die in an accident or get robbed because of non payment of tithe.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by subcbouy: 4:19pm On Dec 03, 2017
brightalo17:
You need special prayers , since you believe Tithe and heaven are not compulsory why then some Churches will make it compulsory to pay tithe if not when the person die he will not be buried by the church unless the tithe is paid in full? Yet even if the person is going to heaven or hell they don't care?

Anything of whatsoever given as a law in the bible has become compulsory to making heaven. But, no man has the right to force it on anyone. The choice is yours.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by felifeli: 4:19pm On Dec 03, 2017
I am sorry if anyone feels aggrieved by this post, including the man of God Dr. DK Olukoya whom I have absolute respect for.
I only said this was "part of the message " and not that this was the entire message. Of course I do not have a link to the video because it is still a fresh event barely three hours after I posted it. And yes, I posted what I heard not in the preacher's exact words but paraphrased. Yes, he did not only say so??he said it "with emphasis" If anyone else heard the sermon and heard differently none of us is wrong until the video is posted online and the public form their own opinion. Unfortunately MFM is not a video-posting ministry and it is my thought that this controversial video will be buried and not made public. The church should do what they deem right. The purpose of my post is purely for information and not to cause anyone grief.
I apologize if I have done the latter. God bless you all.
For your information I give my tithe and I advise you to do the same.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 03, 2017
plessis:

exactly!! These days its about tithing, finances etc. Na wa o
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Sammiejokes(m): 4:21pm On Dec 03, 2017
felifeli:
" There is nowhere in the Bible where it is written that tithing and giving offering is compulsory .But if you want to trust God with your finances you should even strive to do more than the tithe "

This was a part of the message of the G.O of MFM Ministries this morning at the international headquarters .

My own words:
So, what do you say scoffers? If you like chop nkwobi and Isi ewu and gulder with your money, if you like give it to your church . The choice is your. God no get address and no bank account.
It is not compulsory yet redeem, winners ensure you have à tithe card provided you à worker, you cannot do anything without them not looking at the card. Funny you trust God with your finances by paying tithe and yet your members are getting poorer. oga show us a biblical proof not all this una dodging.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 03, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

No

Their is nothing like Tithing movement.

It the unbelievers that started poking at people who chooses to willingly give Tithes.

Who is an unbeliever?
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Talkwell: 4:23pm On Dec 03, 2017
brightalo17:

Because they're not of God,they're built on faksw doctrines.

if the pastor says anything you fill sounds awkward, please request for biblical backings/verses that support what the pastor says.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Dainikel(m): 4:23pm On Dec 03, 2017
I just knew I would see this on NL immediately Pastor Olukoya spoke briefly on Tithing to buttress his point on 'The Power of Primitive Faith' message today. Some fellas are just looking for more excuses to stop paying tithe...whose loss would that be? Just as it was explained further that its a personal decision.

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by seunmsg(m): 4:23pm On Dec 03, 2017
We are getting there gradually. Kudos to daddy freeze for leading the freethesheeple movement. The scam called tithe must be ended whether the pastors like it or not.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by brightalo17: 4:24pm On Dec 03, 2017
subcbouy:
Anything of whatsoever given as a law in the bible has become compulsory to making heaven. But, no man has the right to force it on anyone. The choice is yours.
Tell your pastors to stop forcing on people then.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by nicemajor(m): 4:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
nairavsdollars:
Who takes the 10 percent? God or the Pastor?

Pastor dk olukoya said if you know the address of God you can present your offering and tithe in person, don't say a man of God is stealing your tithe. The judgment is between God and the pastor..#
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Ucheamani(m): 4:28pm On Dec 03, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]
ichuka:
Any doctrine not Rooted in Christ will surely Fall!!
We are getting there gradually.
Thank you Sir.

...just like Christmas
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by dratine(m): 4:28pm On Dec 03, 2017
PaChukwudi44:
Thank you sir for saying the truth.
my 1st time of reading your comment over several months. Welcome back
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by An2elect2(f): 4:29pm On Dec 03, 2017
grossintel:
no vex oh, where is it written in the Bible that the Jesus Christ you follow his ways asked for tithes or offerings? Even after preaching to multitudes he still feed them instead of asking them for money. Please don't quote the old book for me as there are many practices there Christ specifically came to change.
Sorry reread my post again when you are chanced. I was saying christians should not tithe again because we are not bound to the law.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by entrepreneurmic: 4:29pm On Dec 03, 2017
plessis:

BECAUSE PASTORS KNOW THAT MOST PEOPLE LOVE THE TOPIC CALLED PROSPERITY. BUT TRUE CHRISTIANS PREACH GOD'S KINGDOM RULE BY JESUS AS THE BEST HOPE TO SOLVE MANKIND PROBLEMS. REMEMBER JESUS SAID: REPENT FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

RCCG Lady Renounces Membership Because Of VP Osinbajo. See Reactions / I'm Richer Than Bill Gates - Pastor Adeboye / What You Must Know About Arch-angels And Their Roles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.