Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya (68982 Views)

D.K. Olukoya's 2018 Prophecies And The Way Out / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Goshen360(m): 5:10pm On Dec 03, 2017
An2elect2:
Hehehehe Christians shouldn't tithe at all.

"Tithing isnt compulsory" is like saying "The law isn't compulsory" Law is law for a reason. If you are under a law you must abide by it and in some cases to the letter. There is no "if you like" with the law. You break it you face punishment. That's why Christ came to free us from not only the punishment but also from the demands of the law.

Before now. The truth was: CHRISTIANS ARE NOT TO TITHE BUT GIVE WHATEVER THEY ARE WILLING TO GIVE

Lying ministers shouted the exact opposite of the truth from their pulpits: TITHING IS COMPULSORY AND OFFENDERS ARE INCURRING GOD'S WRATH

Then a man came to challenge them with the bible. He won a lot of people over

Proud lying ministers couldnt take it and got worse in preaching the opposite of the truth. They were no longer convincing.

So shy lying ministers (the devil's second try to keep people enslaved) like this come forward for the first time ever(what have they been doing since?) to "challenge" the obvious lie with subtle lie or is it a levelling ground lie saying: TITHING IS NOT COMPULSORY.

Who is the devil trying to swindle with this lie? When did a law become not compulsory?

Christians shouldn't tithe we have been freed from the law.

You're one of my favorites, speaking the truth in all seasons. Thank you beloved

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by felifeli: 5:10pm On Dec 03, 2017
lokoventurex1:

If you actually knew the consequences of your post, then the earlier for you to ask God for forgiveness.

We don't have to rush to social media to post. MFM, I know sells the General Overseer preachings. Why not then wait for it to be sold? You need to know the controversies this might cost the ministry. You need to know the shadings and bad mouthing the ministry might get.

If you actually meant well, why didn't you post everything the man of God said in his preachings? You even went ahead to say you have paid your tithe, but your post doesn't support tithing. That's hypocrity to me.. A good follower of Christ would not act in such a way. I ask for God's mercy for you....

You sir, appear to be a MONUMENTAL DUNCE. Don't attempt to intimidate me. I owe you no apologies. Shalom.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by sircrabo: 5:12pm On Dec 03, 2017
This is where I stand. Tithing isn't compulsory but necessary. it's better you fund the Gospel than spend it elsewhere.

It's OK to give to charity but most people that claim to prefer giving to orphanages than paying tithes don't actually give to orphanages. They just say it to rubbish tithers.

I pay my tithe anytime I have enough to pay. I don't think any Christian is under any obligation to pay his/her tithe.

Paying tithes is not compulsory but has its advantage

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Lihyunpark(m): 5:12pm On Dec 03, 2017
"God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right" - Pastor Adeboye

D K. Olukoya tihte is not compulsory.
Someone is lying btw both of them and they are being reffered to as men of God is it Olukoya or Adeboye?
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by cstr1000: 5:12pm On Dec 03, 2017
His words are being misconstrued here. I was there na.

He said tithing is not compulsory. But if you want God to open the windows of heaven for you, then nobody will need to tell you to tithe.

He also said at the inception of MFM, offering were not being collected, but he found out that people needed to be blessed, and so offering collection began.

He said to be blessed you need to give. And that mature Christians don't even give 10% anymore. They have graduated to 20, 30 or 50% e.t.c.

D.K olukoya is pro-tithe as a matter of conviction and a condition for uncommon heavenly blessing on your life. He said it is not compulsory though.

Good things are not compulsory.

2 Likes

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by kenoyad: 5:12pm On Dec 03, 2017
I attended the service at my local church, all MFM country wide was connected to the headquarter in Lagos, Dr. Olukoya said if you don't trust your pastor with it, you can give it directly to God................but God didn't have bank account and God didn't need our money or anything from us except our praises. If you trust your church and your pastor, the church is the best to drop tithe. When I was young over a decade ago, I don't believe in paying it cause I had conflict of what the money is being used for so I don't pay tithes, I don't pay tithes based on my own knowledge, I prefer to give to the less privileged and the poor.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by colossus91(m): 5:13pm On Dec 03, 2017
Rozaytee:
boo boo
my love sop n.a.!
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:15pm On Dec 03, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Jehovah knows that some Pastors are thieves, and will deal with them the way he dealt with Eli and his children.

I have always Tithing and I am not stopping.

The same Jehovah will punish non-tithers like me if really, non payment of tithes is a sin.

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by cstr1000: 5:16pm On Dec 03, 2017
The G.0 also said irrespective of the fact that many pastors are stealing which is very bad, but that shouldn't be our business.

He also said any pastor that steals God's money cannot expect to lay hands on the sick and the sick will recover.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Mintayo(m): 5:18pm On Dec 03, 2017
virus05:

I'm a Christian but I don't tithe. I think I have to start tithing from now. God help me
I think you should, even though your doing otherwise doesn't change the fact that you are a Christian, but tithing wont remove a dime from you, i am sure it wont affect you (i may be wrong).
The message of Jesus is not about tithing, it is not even about giving to the poor ( so many anti-tithers don't even do this). It is about salvation, it is about the kingdom of God, it is about bringing people from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of light.
So whether you tithe or not, it does't even matter, but personally, i believe paying your tithe is just a form of trusting God with your finances, telling Him that He is the source of your finances and also entrusting Him with it.

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by deedondavi(m): 5:21pm On Dec 03, 2017
Malachi 3:8-18 King James Version (KJV)
Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.
And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the
LORD of hosts.
Your words have been stout against me, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, What have we spoken so much against thee?
Ye have said, It is vain to serve God: and what profit is it that we have kept his ordinance, and that we have walked mournfully before the LORD of hosts?
And now we call the proud happy; yea, they that work wickedness are set up; yea, they that tempt God are even delivered.
Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.
And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.
Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by brightalo17: 5:22pm On Dec 03, 2017
subcbouy:
We are against it. Do they have jet, too? Don't confuse yourself by using force.
I asked so orthodox Churches are not Christians?

I asked again when the person has been refused to be buried by the church for not clearing it's tithe until his living members clears it what do you call it ?
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by NoToPile: 5:25pm On Dec 03, 2017
I knew it that they would mis-interprete what the man said this morning.

I just knew I would see it on NL front page.

You just pick a sentence out of a whole lot of sentences and make a whole new meaning out of it.

The topic today was about primitive Faith, a while lot of things about the early christains was said, even attitude to giving, prayer etc that's where the issue of offering or tithe came in.

The OP did not hear when he said even offering, first fruit too is not compulsory and its baby christains that argue about paying tithe or not when people are already moving on to paying up to 50% of their income as tithe.

He also said if you don't want the windows of your heavens to be opened you can hold your money and if you feel some pastors will steal your money (he admitted that there are pastors who steal in reality) you should find the address of God put it in an envelope and give it to God directly.

Basically he is saying nobody is being forced to pay tithe, you pay or dont pay its to your own benefit or detriment. Shikena.

That's how they will go to church and not listen to message well.

I was there so I know.

2 Likes

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by mickeymimi: 5:27pm On Dec 03, 2017
Jewish rabbi on tithing. Tithing is not for today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIN0Gj9cLO0

The truth about tithing - UNLEARN the lies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGQsL9HE90o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIeZcqtQvO4
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by subcbouy: 5:29pm On Dec 03, 2017
brightalo17:
I asked so orthodox Churches are not Christians?

I asked again when the person has been refused to be buried by the church for not clearing it's tithe until his living members clears it what do you call it ?
Do anyone tells you they are not.? Seems you are generalising all Christians making clearance to bury their members. If you want to go by that, not all Christians do that. That's why I said Orthodox and Pentecostal Churches. No Pentecostal will do so
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by felifeli: 5:31pm On Dec 03, 2017
NoToPile:
I knew it that they would mis-interprete what the man said this morning.

I just knew I would see it on NL front page.

You just pick a sentence out of a whole lot of sentences and make a whole new meaning out of it.

Congratulations you saw it!! Show us the "new meaning "
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Mquadrant: 5:34pm On Dec 03, 2017
An2elect2:

"Tithing isnt compulsory" is like saying "The law isn't compulsory" Law is law for a reason. If you are under a law you must abide by it and in some cases to the letter. There is no "if you like" with the law. You break it you face punishment. That's why Christ came to free us from not only the punishment but also from the demands of the law.

Before now. The truth was: CHRISTIANS ARE NOT TO TITHE BUT GIVE WHATEVER THEY ARE WILLING TO GIVE

Lying ministers shouted the exact opposite of the truth from their pulpits: TITHING IS COMPULSORY AND OFFENDERS ARE INCURRING GOD'S WRATH

Proud lying ministers couldnt take it and got worse in preaching the opposite of the truth. They were no longer convincing.

So shy lying ministers (the devil's second try to keep people enslaved) like this come forward for the first time ever(what have they been doing since?) to "challenge" the obvious lie with subtle lie or is it a levelling ground lie saying: TITHING IS NOT COMPULSORY.

Who is the devil trying to swindle with this lie? When did a law become not compulsory?

Because Christians are freed from the law of death and sin, does that mean you can't make decisions. When you say Christians shouldn't tithe, that in itself is law. Abolishing of law mean you are not oblique to do things. Which means it is not compulsory. If you do it or you don't do it, if you are save you go heaven. Simple!
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by NoToPile: 5:35pm On Dec 03, 2017
felifeli:

Congratulations you saw it!! Show us the "new meaning "

I have modified my original post, check it.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Jagz16(m): 5:36pm On Dec 03, 2017
Finally my G.O have spoken ..it’s not a do or die affair
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by brightalo17: 5:38pm On Dec 03, 2017
subcbouy:
Do anyone tells you they are not.? Seems you are generalising all Christians making clearance to bury their members. If you want to go by that, not all Christians do that. That's why I said Orthodox and Pentecostal Churches. No Pentecostal will do so
If I said earlier that SOME Churches What do you understand by SOME? So where is the Generalization when someone said SOME? I'm still asking you Do Christians have different heaven ? You started teaching me about force, when I then threw a question about what some Churches does to there late members what it should be called, You then start telling me About Orthodox and Pentecostal as if they're all not Churches and Christians. smh
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by felifeli: 5:39pm On Dec 03, 2017
NoToPile:

I have modified my original post, check it.

Was that EXACTLY how he said it ,or in your own words? Have you quoted the entire sermon ? Pot calling kettle black.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by Observer225: 5:40pm On Dec 03, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:
Giving and tithing has never been compulsory in Christianity.

But what people are giving should never be debated by people who don't give.

Churches don't live on Tithes alone, infact Tithers are always fewer in numbers compared to other offerings.
Church can survive without Tithes.
But can survive with offerings and donations ryt??
Ur problem is simply grammatical contextualisation...
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by subcbouy: 5:43pm On Dec 03, 2017
brightalo17:
If I said earlier that SOME Churches What do you understand by SOME? So where is the Generalization when someone said SOME? I'm still asking you Do Christians have different heaven ? You started teaching me about force, when I then threw a question about what some Churches does to there late members what it should be called, You then start telling me About Orthodox and Pentecostal as if they're all not Churches and Christians. smh

Some is not all. So, I will want to know the churches because no Pentecostals do that.Force is not appropriate word. I stand on it.

is all Imams BokoHaram?
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by NoToPile: 5:46pm On Dec 03, 2017
felifeli:

Was that EXACTLY how he said it ,or in your own words? Have you quoted the entire sermon ? Pot calling kettle black.

Did he not use the exact words I said.

Answer yes or no or refute my points .

Did he not sat tithe offering or first fruit is not compulsory but if only you want the windows of heavens opened.

Did he not say its baby christains that argue about paying tithe or not while others have moved to other levels of Christianity.

Did he not say if you feel a pastor will steal your money go and give it to God directly but you should pay.

Diprove my points her with points I was there live.

You will go to service and not listen.

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by redcurry(f): 5:46pm On Dec 03, 2017
Mintayo:
The devil is using this tithe thing to distract people, and it is unfortunate that so many people especially Christians are falling for it. The more important thing , which is the salvation of our soul is being neglected.
Most people saying they do not tithe are not even born again, yet they claim they give to the poor - which will not also save anybody.
You can tithe all you want, you can also decide not to tithe - but if you are not born again, if you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal saviour, then you are just wasting your time - you are condemned already. So all this buhahaa about tithe is just a distraction.
This is the message of Jesus Christ.
this is just it.ur statement put a final end to all ds debates.either u pay tithe or not,the salvation of our souls is d main thing. afterall its cos of ds Jesus came in d first place.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by NoToPile: 5:47pm On Dec 03, 2017
cstr1000:
His words are being misconstrued here. I was there na.

He said tithing is not compulsory. But if you want God to open the windows of heaven for you, then nobody will need to tell you to tithe.

He also said at the inception of MFM, offering were not being collected, but he found out that people needed to be blessed, and so offering collection began.

He said to be blessed you need to give. And that mature Christians don't even give 10% anymore. They have graduated to 20, 30 or 50% e.t.c.

D.K olukoya is pro-tithe as a matter of conviction and a condition for uncommon heavenly blessing on your life. He said it is not compulsory though.

Good things are not compulsory.

God bless you bro, you were at that service.
I wish we could get a video honestly.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by ehissi(m): 5:48pm On Dec 03, 2017
An2elect2:

Bros, stop it there....... sad

Is going to heaven compulsory? After all there is hell......... undecided

The bible lets, us under stand in Gal 3:24-25

Galatians 3: 24. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. - Bible Offline

The law which most people gladly discard was meant to teach God's people how to approach God and to understand God better; but now that we are under faith, we are no longer tied to the law.

Most folks make reference to giving to the poor or to widows based on what is taught in the new testament and how giving to others in need is more importantly than the tithe but forget that the only scriptural basis for giving to the poor, widows or others rest in the old testament.

Never ever will you find in the bible where Abraham gave to the poor or Isaac gave to widows.

Did your bible tell you that Joseph gave to the poor in the midst of famine?
No, he used them to do business and made slaves and servants out of them....

The first time ever, giving to the poor was ever discussed was in the law, in the old testament from which paul preached even in the new testament.

Deuteronomy 24: 18. But thou shalt remember that thou wast a bondman in Egypt, and the LORD thy God redeemed thee thence: therefore I command thee to do this thing. 19. When thou cuttest down thine harvest in thy field, and hast forgot a sheaf in the field, thou shalt not go again to fetch it: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow: that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hands. 20. When thou beatest thine olive tree, thou shalt not go over the boughs again: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow. 21. When thou gatherest the grapes of thy vineyard, thou shalt not glean it afterward: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow. 22. And thou shalt remember that thou wast a bondman in the land of Egypt: therefore I command thee to do this thing. - Bible Offline

Leviticus 19: 9. And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not wholly reap the corners of thy field, neither shalt thou gather the gleanings of thy harvest. 10. And thou shalt not glean thy vineyard, neither shalt thou gather every grape of thy vineyard; thou shalt leave them for the poor and stranger: I am the LORD your God. - Bible Offline

So if we say tithing should be discarded because it was stated in the old testament then the scriptural basis for other givings in the new testament collapses.

Meanwhile, Abraham tithed before the law not according to the law but by faith, to Melchizedek, honouring God in the process, and those who tithe as Abraham did - by faith - are as faithful Abraham

Galatians 3: 7. Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. 8. And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. 9. So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham. - Bible Offline

But please, if you believe strongly, based on personal study and conviction within your spirit that you ought not to tithe, please dont for "........whatsoever is not of faith is Sin" - Rom 14:23

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by NoToPile: 5:49pm On Dec 03, 2017
cstr1000:
The G.0 also said irrespective of the fact that many pastors are stealing which is very bad, but that shouldn't be our business.

He also said any pastor that steals God's money cannot expect to lay hands on the sick and the sick will recover.

You were there truly

Cc : Felifeli

1 Like

Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by felifeli: 5:55pm On Dec 03, 2017
NoToPile:

Did he not use the exact words I said.

Answer yes or no or refute my points .

Did he not sat tithe offering or first fruit is not compulsory but if only you want the windows of heavens opened.

Did he not say its baby christains that argue about paying tithe or not while others have moved to other levels of Christianity.

Did he not say if you feel a pastor will steal your money go and give it to God directly but you should pay.

Diprove my points her with points I was there live.

You will go to service and not listen.

You are a laughing stock. Go and ask God to forgive you your lack of intelligence. I will continue to pray for you.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by felifeli: 5:58pm On Dec 03, 2017
NoToPile:

You were there truly

Cc : Felifeli

Very true. He said these. Was this the entire sermon? Go and buy the cd when it comes out so that you can use your own common sense. It can't be more than N250.
Full stop.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by NoToPile: 6:00pm On Dec 03, 2017
felifeli:

You are a laughing stock. Go and ask God to forgive you your lack of intelligence. I will continue to pray for you.

You are a christain you don't need to use subtle insults.

I am telling you what he said , disprove what I said since you were also there, except that was the only sentence you remembered in the whole of that powerful sermon about primitive faith.

I didn't quote you originally, you decided to quote me and say what I said is wrong, few other posters on this thread have told you the same thing.

I will never be a laughing stock, understand that.
Re: Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya by felifeli: 6:10pm On Dec 03, 2017
NoToPile:

You are a christain you don't need to use subtle insults.

I am telling you what he said , disprove what I said since you were also there, except that was the only sentence you remembered in the whole of that powerful sermon about primitive faith.

I didn't quote you originally, you decided to quote me and say what I said is wrong, few other posters on this thread have told you the same thing.

I will never be a laughing stock, understand that.

Because you are a Christian does not mean tat you should permit nonsense people walk all over you and to intimidate you. I learnt well from MFM. Regarding the sermon, two people sitting side by side can never report anything in the same words. So where is the sense in this your useless harassment?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

I'm Richer Than Bill Gates - Pastor Adeboye / What You Must Know About Arch-angels And Their Roles / Remember "Shade" From The Mount Zion Film Just A Little Sin? Then And Now

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.