Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1295777 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Muslimity(m): 11:10am On Dec 28, 2017
elfmann:

Pay application fee after AOR.. What an elucidation!
Canadianfly, come and see oh. Kikikikiki.

@Elfmann, @Canadianfly and other well- experienced members: Please, I need some guidance on Work Experience issue.

1) I have about 10 years work experience but stopped working in May this year (2017) to start a business. However, this business is yet to see the light of the day due to change of plan and goal-setting (I.e. Immigration). In June 2017, I made Canada visit visa application to no avail. In that visa application, because I didn't want to appear jobless, I claimed to be a current worker with an employer who I did a 4-month contract work under in 2012 and obtained a Vacation Approval letter from the company for the visit visa application. In view of this, I listed the company as my current work experience history on the visit visa application but I diid not list the 4-month contract work. My question now is: In my Express Entry profile (pre-ITA or post-ITA) should I declare the 4-month contract work in the Personal History or leave it out so as to maintain consistency between my old visiting visa record and the proposed EE profile record?

2) I am feeling that since I already have a 10-year work experience that is verifiable which I have got valid supporting documents as prove to back it up, should I just leave out that employer name used for the visit visa application in June or I should list it among my work experience in EE profile so as not to appear us been currently jobless and to maintain consistency?

I am asking this question because to prove that I work with this employer means I will have to doctor so many things that I am afraid may be tedious and not as water-tight as the Truth.

3) Any implications if I declare I am currently jobless in the EE profile? Your sincere advice, please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 28, 2017
Jeez madam, it's OK.

We Nigerians sting a lot!

I have said we will go and sin no more, why are you still making a ridicle of it!

I have accepted we are wrong and I am trying to make it right. I pointed out the reasoning behind our initial decision.

Can't we argue, advice or reprimand like dupyshoo without piercing one's heart!

If I didn't ask my question, many won't have learnt and seen the wrong in entering the pool without an ECA or precalculated TRF number.

This our Nigerian attitude of stinging, responding harshly, indirectly insulting and making a ridicle, is why many will rather die in silence than seek counsel.

I belong to an Indian forum and no matter how ridiculous the question is, they answer and refer them back to the pinned post.

Back to my silent mode.

Canadianfly:

Lol I think we should let this rest. She even went ahead to confess her report number had no IMM. Na post ITA she edit am. This is just beyond hilarious. We thought it was just the date alone, but incomplete report number too to be editied after ITA?

Let's leave the matter though, all the best to them.

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mosbiod(m): 11:14am On Dec 28, 2017
Thanks for the correction, i mixed up the abbreviations tongue tongue I have corrected the post jare..
einsteino:

I guess you meant ITA not AOR.. AOR is post ITA, when you have submitted your eAPR and paid the application fees.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by wizean(m): 11:20am On Dec 28, 2017
Good Samaritans who are done with WES, please how long did it take WES to update your account account after the delivery of your transcript?

wizean:
Please, how long does it take WES to update one's account on the receipt of transcript? I was asked to give 24-48hrs for the update after the package tracker acknowledged delivery to WES (21/12/17). But that is long overdue and Iam still yet to have my account updated as regards the receipt of my transcript. Can it take as long as a week?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 11:26am On Dec 28, 2017
wizean:
Please, how long does it take WES to update one's account on the receipt of transcript? I was asked to give 24-48hrs for the update after the package tracker acknowledged delivery to WES (21/12/17). But that is long overdue and Iam still yet to have my account updated as regards the receipt of my transcript. Can it take as long as a week?

Well, from experience, WES doesn't take up to the maximum time they communicate to update profiles. In my case, my school uses DHL so I tracked using both DHL and the WES document tracker. DHL delivery time coincided with WES receipt time and my profile was updated in less than 6 hours even though they said 24-48hours.
It is also possible they're on Christmas holiday (not so sure though). I think you should contact them here https://www.wes.org/contact-us/, call their direct line on +12129666311 if you are in haste or wait until January in case my suspicion is true.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Canadianfly: 11:41am On Dec 28, 2017
fantababy:
Jeez madam, it's OK.

I have said we will go and sin no more, why are you still making a ridicle of it!

I have accepted we are wrong and I am trying to make it right. I pointed out the reasoning behind our initial decision.

If I didn't ask my question, many won't have learnt and seen the wrong in entering the pool without an ECA or precalculated TRF number.

This our Nigerian attitude of stinging, responding harshly, indirectly insulting and making a ridicle, is why many will rather die in silence than seek counsel.

I belong to an Indian forum and no matter how ridiculous the question is, they answer and refer them back to the pinned post.

Back to my silent mode.

If this was the old Canadianfly she would actually show you what stinging, responding harshly and the likes are. Trust you won't even miss it. In all my posts, I advised you not to fight with your husband and move on....your ass came back tryna defend your fraud. And I say let's let the damn thing rest, I don turn to stinger?

Believe it or not, this new Canadianfly has made a new year resolution grin so I won't give you a piece of my mind.

Funny how in all your Indian thread and wonderful politeness you received from there, you still didn't get the RIGHT info on what to do before entering the pool. You still sought out the stupid arrogant Nigerians that sting. Ain't that some BS?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Favoredme: 11:48am On Dec 28, 2017
In response to the bold part, WES resumed on the 27th; my spouse's ECA was completed and sent this morning.

mcstan18:

It is also possible they're on Christmas holiday (not so sure though). I think you should contact them here https://www.wes.org/contact-us/, call their direct line on +12129666311 if you are in haste or wait until January in case my suspicion is true.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by wizean(m): 11:50am On Dec 28, 2017
Thank you very much

mcstan18:

Well, from experience, WES doesn't take up to the maximum time they communicate to update profiles. In my case, my school uses DHL so I tracked using both DHL and the WES document tracker. DHL delivery time coincided with WES receipt time and my profile was updated in less than 6 hours even though they said 24-48hours.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by CheekyGirl: 12:05pm On Dec 28, 2017
Hello, I sent you a message. Kindly check. Thank you.
meekandholy:

When did you girls finish? And I hope it's not from the faculty of education..
I was on my transcript for close to a year 6 months.. I had to sue Unilag to court in 2015 and even with that they still could not find my transcript even though I was the second best graduating student in my dept. The legal resolve was that they had to make use of the grades I wrote to them that I got before they were able to process my transcript to WES for my US admission.
Send me a pm I will send someone's number to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 12:07pm On Dec 28, 2017
Canadianfly:

Madam, please stop this...

My advice is to be at peace and oneness with your husband...

Don't make war, make love grin

kiss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 28, 2017
PM Sent.

meekandholy:

When did you girls finish? And I hope it's not from the faculty of education..
I was on my transcript for close to a year 6 months.. I had to sue Unilag to court in 2015 and even with that they still could not find my transcript even though I was the second best graduating student in my dept. The legal resolve was that they had to make use of the grades I wrote to them that I got before they were able to process my transcript to WES for my US admission.
Send me a pm I will send someone's number to you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Inception12: 12:43pm On Dec 28, 2017
Hello Elders,

Am currently waiting for my Uni to come back from xmas leave in jan for them to send my docs. I assume there's no way wes can finish evaluation before receiving transcript from school.

I uploaded my certificate to WES and my status changed to 'Your evaluation is in progress. You are not required to do anything at this time'
and it hasn't changed since for a full month now. Is this normal
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ferfer(m): 1:03pm On Dec 28, 2017
einsteino:
Please who has applied for GCMS notes as/via a canadian resident?

i need to know if the requester is required to upload documents showing status such as PR card/Visa.

Ermmmm.,, not sure , but if it’s on your behalf the resident/PR/Citizen will need a signed consent form from you, the person will also input info like address and I want to believe this will probably have some similarities with the billing addy on the card to be used for payment.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tozabes: 1:10pm On Dec 28, 2017
Thanks to @mosbiod, @kingspaco and everyone else for the responses. I'm currently going through the initial pages. Will let y'all know if i get stuck anywhere.

What I actually meant when I said I want to apply separately was me entering the pool with him as a dependent, and him entering the pool too with me as a dependent. Is this against the rules?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 1:13pm On Dec 28, 2017
tozabes:
Thanks to @mosbiod, @kingspaco and everyone else for the responses. I'm currently going through the initial pages. Will let y'all know if i get stuck anywhere.

What I actually meant when I said I want to apply separately was me entering the pool with him as a dependent, and him entering the pool too with me as a dependent. Is this against the rules?

I think mummyjaygirls did this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tozabes: 1:28pm On Dec 28, 2017
bbaby84:

I think mummyjaygirls did this.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by kareemHunt: 1:46pm On Dec 28, 2017
Please ignore dear. I personally learnt a lot from your mistake. I might not have if u did not share. Wish you success
fantababy:
Jeez madam, it's OK.

Back to my silent mode.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 1:58pm On Dec 28, 2017
Inception12:
Hello Elders,

Am currently waiting for my Uni to come back from xmas leave in jan for them to send my docs. I assume there's no way wes can finish evaluation before receiving transcript from school.

I uploaded my certificate to WES and my status changed to 'Your evaluation is in progress. You are not required to do anything at this time'
and it hasn't changed since for a full month now. Is this normal

Yes it is. The status only changes upon receipt of any applicable document referenced to your WES ref number. However, you might receive another e-mail from WES reminding you of the other required documents that have not been received on your behalf (e.g. Transcript). Which school is it? Someone here might have a contact in the school that can help out.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by optionese: 2:09pm On Dec 28, 2017
einsteino:
Please who has applied for GCMS notes as/via a canadian resident?

i need to know if the requester is required to upload documents showing status such as PR card/Visa.

No. Just ensure the person uses his email address as the recipient (as in where the notes will be forwarded to).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by HighBK: 3:07pm On Dec 28, 2017
Good afternoon house. I've searched with no luck.

Can a candidate retake the medical test few days before submitting the application?

==>Since COPR validity is usually when medical expires (1 year)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 28, 2017
wizean:
Good Samaritans who are done with WES, please how long did it take WES to update your account account after the delivery of your transcript?

This is end of d year, holidays dey nao. Abi?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 28, 2017
Don't involve what never existed.
Muslimity:

@Elfmann, @Canadianfly and other well- experienced members: Please, I need some guidance on Work Experience issue.

1) I have about 10 years work experience but stopped working in May this year (2017) to start a business. However, this business is yet to see the light of the day due to change of plan and goal-setting (I.e. Immigration). In June 2017, I made Canada visit visa application to no avail. In that visa application, because I didn't want to appear jobless, I claimed to be a current worker with an employer who I did a 4-month contract work under in 2012 and obtained a Vacation Approval letter from the company for the visit visa application. In view of this, I listed the company as my current work experience history on the visit visa application but I diid not list the 4-month contract work. My question now is: In my Express Entry profile (pre-ITA or post-ITA) should I declare the 4-month contract work in the Personal History or leave it out so as to maintain consistency between my old visiting visa record and the proposed EE profile record?

2) I am feeling that since I already have a 10-year work experience that is verifiable which I have got valid supporting documents as prove to back it up, should I just leave out that employer name used for the visit visa application in June or I should list it among my work experience in EE profile so as not to appear us been currently jobless and to maintain consistency?

I am asking this question because to prove that I work with this employer means I will have to doctor so many things that I am afraid may be tedious and not as water-tight as the Truth.

3) Any implications if I declare I am currently jobless in the EE profile? Your sincere advice, please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Soglite(m): 3:32pm On Dec 28, 2017
Hello my people.

I have requested for my transcript in oou for close to two months now and all they keep telling me is that it is not ready after paying 51k. That my school Ehn... I tire...

Please kindly help if you know anyone in the school whom I can contact to fast track the whole thing.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 3:33pm On Dec 28, 2017
Ok. Will search for it and send it.
caon:
pls can I get DAT instance for me.I v always been hearing it but haven't gotten d full gist abt DAT incident.can u pls tel me where I can get DAT info.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by einsteino(m): 3:35pm On Dec 28, 2017
ferfer:

Ermmmm.,, not sure , but if it’s on your behalf the resident/PR/Citizen will need a signed consent form from you, the person will also input info like address and I want to believe this will probably have some similarities with the billing addy on the card to be used for payment.

thnks for your reply. i hope they dont mind the billing address of the card, i intend to pay with a nigerian atm card
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by einsteino(m): 3:36pm On Dec 28, 2017
optionese:

No. Just ensure the person uses his email address as the recipient (as in where the notes will be forwarded to).

Thanks. Does it matter what card one pays with? i intend to pay with a nigerian atm card.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 3:43pm On Dec 28, 2017
Nope. We don't. We are working towards doing things the Canadian way. kiss
tozabes:
Hello house,
Please I am new to this forum but I have a question. Do we need to pay the application fee before we enter the EE pool or when we receive an ITA? I know it's a JJC question but I'm confused. I'm trying to decide if I and my husband should both apply separately to increase our chances...una know na...naija things. Any advice will be highly appreciated. I really commend what y'all are doing here

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by wizean(m): 3:43pm On Dec 28, 2017
I bin dey reason say international organisation like WES no suppose dey go endless holidays as we have it here na..... Abi !

elfmann:

This is end of d year, holidays dey nao. Abi?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 28, 2017
Dear Family, bless God with me, it’s PPR!!! (LVO is working today grin)

I will be back shortly with full details but please can someone urgently confirm if this is IMM008? Seeing different forms online. I need to catch DHL people today I beg.

26 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 28, 2017
smileyHappy Holidays everyone. Is it okay to create a job in the sense that my cousin has an SME and is willing to give me a job offer and pay my monthly salary for the next 6 months with Ref letter and pay slip? Can that work for me when creating my profile?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sunvick(m): 4:00pm On Dec 28, 2017
How Words are combined together infers its meaning. She could still have passed across her message without those belittling remarks. I keep wondering what you mean by sentiments, when its obvious that about 5 persons here (Primary contributors of this thread) has vetted same procedure for obtaining TRF numbers and no one has found it offensive apart from her.

Canadianfly:

How in the world did you get derogatory and insulting from that post?

Nigerians sha. We attach sentiments to every damn thing. All I she is she explaining how she believes one can formulate TRF number. You now brought his history into the mix and twisted it to mean that she's insulting him? Lol very special

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by gracelevel: 4:00pm On Dec 28, 2017
Bsbabe:
Dear Family, bless God with me, it’s PPR!!! (LVO is working today grin)

I will be back shortly with full details but please can someone urgently confirm if this is IMM008? Seeing different forms online. I need to catch DHL people today I beg.

congratulations smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.