Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1293975 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 1:31am On Jan 21, 2018
Thanks dear.

So you think I should use an LOE to explain the visa refusals individually and attach just the UK refusal letter? Considering I don’t have the US one?

How about the marital status? Is that a problem?

GlitteringStar:

I think they do request for Schedule A sometimes. Some people suggested submitting it upfront.

You can make use of your LOE to explain any other discrepancies.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:51am On Jan 21, 2018
Julie2018:
Thanks dear.

So you think I should use an LOE to explain the visa refusals individually and attach just the UK refusal letter? Considering I don’t have the US one?

How about the marital status? Is that a problem?

There is a section (statutory questions) where you will be asked questions/details about any visa denials. Answer the questions truthfully and provide necessary details. You can use the LOE to explain any other issue you want to explain about the visa denials.

With regard to the marital status issue, I don't think I have an idea. smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Madcow(m): 4:22am On Jan 21, 2018
Many thanks...

GlitteringStar:

Congratulations on the birth of your son. You can read @Tollu's posts for details on how to add your baby to your application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 5:42am On Jan 21, 2018
Your spouse does not need to write IELTS if the points you have with her/he not writing is enough to secure ITA. Even ECA is not complusory for spouse for the same reasons.
okonja:

Thank you very much for this info, so helpful...being thinking my spouse need not to write IELTS. But this POF mehn!, hope proceeds from cryptocurrency deals isn't gonna be a big issue cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 6:15am On Jan 21, 2018
Ok

Thank you dear
GlitteringStar:

There is a section (statutory questions) where you will be asked questions/details about any visa denials. Answer the questions truthfully and provide necessary details. You can use the LOE to explain any other issue you want to explain about the visa denials.

With regard to the marital status issue, I don't think I have an idea. smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by gaggle: 6:41am On Jan 21, 2018
please does anyone have idea of how i can get transcript from oau and uniport despite the strike. This delay is getting out of hand�
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 40manlappy: 7:31am On Jan 21, 2018
MsLane:
Hi 40manlappy. I can't tell you what an amazing or should i say how you have helped me and my hubby in this Canny land preparation.
Your posts have been so helpful especially the first page of thread 2 https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
I don't know how to thank you enough. My husband thinks i have excess time the way i read this thread. He has his test today. As per PA, fingers crossed.
I just really wanted to say thank you for being awesome.
Side note, anyone on this journey should read. READ, READ AND READ. You cannot be preparing to move to a foreign land and not have enough knowledge.
The step by step and payments and planning required.

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate the emphasis that you laid on reading-there is no viable alternative to it. That is why newbies are always encouraged to read. If they do so diligently, they will have fewer questions and challenges. Wish you the best in your application smiley

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 40manlappy: 7:46am On Jan 21, 2018
sleekchic:

Hello,

My husband is the principal applicant,and we are in the process of renewing his passport, can we dive into the pool with the old passport while we wait for the new passport?(it expires by June 2018) Will we be able to change it easily before ITA? Or we should just wait for the new passport then enter the pool?

You can dive into the pool with the current passport since it has not expired. Who says you cannot get ITA, PPR, COPR, or even land in Canada before June 2018? cheesy

In any case, there is opportunity to advise IRCC details of his new passport details if it becomes ready while your application is still being reviewed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 40manlappy: 7:58am On Jan 21, 2018
Greatlady234:

Hello I wrote my IELTS on 9th November 2018,all scores were okay (8.5,8,7.5)except for writing 6.5. I have been so angry when I found out about BC scam. Plan to go on Monday to request a remark of writing. What's your opinion?

To the best of my knowledge, remarking is possible within 6 weeks. If your results came out 3 weeks after that, I think the window might have closed. Please verify the dates.

cc: GlitteringStar
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 21, 2018
40manlappy:

To the best of my knowledge, remarking is possible within 6 weeks. If your results came out 3 weeks after that, I think the window might have closed. Please verify the dates.

cc: GlitteringStar

You are right, my brother.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Matanna: 8:22am On Jan 21, 2018
Hello all, I just did my pcc in Abuja at force headquarters and it says valid for 3 months. I was of the view that pcc is valid for 6 months. Also am I to upload the 2 pages (front and back) of the pcc to my cic account or just the first smaller page. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 21, 2018
Matanna:
Hello all, I just did my pcc in Abuja at force headquarters and it says valid for 3 months. I was of the view that pcc is valid for 6 months. Also am I to upload the 2 pages (front and back) of the pcc to my cic account or just the first smaller page. Thanks.

Pls, how much did you pay for PCC and what's their address in Abuja?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Dazzle86(f): 8:41am On Jan 21, 2018
Canadianfly:

This is wrong. One, she can't use what she has as it is not a PCC. It's a criminal record/background check that some jobs require in the UK. Those are CRBs not PCCs.
Two, she can't add someone she's not married to as a dependent. Her best bet is start the process as a singleton, get ITA and AOR, then marry the bros and add him on your application. You'll have to show POF for two, his Medicals and PCCs of countries where necessary.

Cc: Dame91

Hello everyone. I am new here. I have a question to ask. Is it better to apply as a single person even though one is married and then send for the person's spouse later? Is there any implication?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by rchilee: 8:45am On Jan 21, 2018
gaggle:
please does anyone have idea of how i can get transcript from oau and uniport despite the strike. This delay is getting out of hand�

use etx for oau...you can only process your transcript thru them

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekchic(f): 9:12am On Jan 21, 2018
40manlappy:

You can dive into the pool with the current passport since it has not expired. Who says you cannot get ITA, PPR, COPR, or even land in Canada before June 2018? cheesy

In any case, there is opportunity to advise IRCC details of his new passport details if it becomes ready while your application is still being reviewed.

Amen!!!!!!!!! @ bolded
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by okonja(m): 9:12am On Jan 21, 2018
Newmum0615:
Your spouse does not need to write IELTS if the points you have with her/he not writing is enough to secure ITA. Even ECA is not complusory for spouse for the same reasons.

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekchic(f): 9:18am On Jan 21, 2018
Dazzle86:

Hello everyone. I am new here. I have a question to ask. Is it better to apply as a single person even though one is married and then send for the person's spouse later? Is there any implication?

Hello, welcome to the thread.

To answer your question it is never advisable to lie about your marital status, if you are caught, you could be banned for 5 years for misrepresentation. Best thing is to apply as a couple. It's harder to 'send' for your spouse later. You can read the thread from page 0 to familiarize yourself with the whole process. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Fuzzyman(f): 9:23am On Jan 21, 2018
For Abuja folks results are out

L8.5 R9 W7.5 S 8.5

I was so worried about my writing because I didn't have up 250 words, found out last 2 minutes and was trying to add and it wasn't enough. I thank God o.

Thanks to everyone who shared links and all of us looking for better scores, I wish you success.

Now waiting for IQAS to finish .

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by rchilee: 9:31am On Jan 21, 2018
Fuzzyman:

L8.5 R9 W7.5 S 8.5

I was so worried about my writing because I didn't have up 250 words, found out last 2 minutes and was trying to add and it wasn't enough. I thank God o.

Thanks to everyone who shared links and all of us looking for better scores, I wish you success.

Now waiting for IQAS to finish .

congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caon: 9:35am On Jan 21, 2018
Matanna:
upload every page.both the smaller page n d front and back n it must be scanned in colour n not black n white
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 9:44am On Jan 21, 2018
@40manlappy please kindly check PM

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Savagebanker: 9:46am On Jan 21, 2018
Hello guys,

Wrote Ielts yday. Attached is my revised job description, kindly confirm if I can enter the pool under Noc 6235 Financial sales rep. I am currently a Customer relationship officer with a local bank with 3 years experience. I do customer service, funds trf & sales. Thanks

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Matanna: 9:58am On Jan 21, 2018
Slik07:

Pls, how much did you pay for PCC and what's their address in Abuja?

Force headquarters Louise Edet house.Garki. 8k

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Matanna: 10:02am On Jan 21, 2018
caon:
upload every page.both the smaller page n d front and back n it must be scanned in colour n not black n white

Thanks for ur input. Please any idea on validity.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 21, 2018
Fuzzyman:

L8.5 R9 W7.5 S 8.5

Congratulations!

@Bolded, I'm very sure your words were above 250. You cannot score "7.5" (maybe favour though cheesy) if your words were not up to 250. Small words such as "I", "the", "or", "a", "so" et al will be counted as "words"

@All prospective IELTS test takers, make sure you write above 250 words for task 2. Your score will be lower if otherwise. The instruction says: "Write at least 150 words for Task 1 and at least 250 words for Task 2".

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 21, 2018
Beautiful result. Congrats and speedy ECA report.
Fuzzyman:

L8.5 R9 W7.5 S 8.5

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:43am On Jan 21, 2018
Canadianfly:

Na wa. grin Any how, it's your lucky day....I'm in a Christian mood this night grin

cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caon: 10:45am On Jan 21, 2018
Matanna:

Thanks for ur input. Please any idea on validity.
it is valid for 3months as written on d PCC but once submitted via express entry it is locked upon receipt of AOR
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Fuzzyman(f): 10:59am On Jan 21, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Congratulations!

@Bolded, I'm very sure your words were above 250. You cannot score "7.5" (maybe favour though cheesy) if your words were not up to 250. Small words such as "I", "the", "or", "a", "so" et al will be counted as "words"

@All prospective IELTS test takers, make sure you write above 250 words for task 2. Your score will be lower if otherwise. The instruction says: "Write at least 150 words for Task 1 and at least 250 words for Task 2".

You are probably right.

Just to add Please, attempt the 250 word essay first , since it is double the marks and more time consuming

codebrew85:
Beautiful result. Congrats and speedy ECA report.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Dazzle86(f): 11:01am On Jan 21, 2018
sleekchic:

Hello, welcome to the thread.

To answer your question it is never advisable to lie about your marital status, if you are caught, you could be banned for 5 years for misrepresentation. Best thing is to apply as a couple. It's harder to 'send' for your spouse later. You can read the thread from page 0 to familiarize yourself with the whole process. All the best.
Thank you very much ma'am.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 4wearegreat: 11:07am On Jan 21, 2018
4wearegreat:

CONTINUATION

NEXT STEP- I will close early from work, take some bottles of beer in the evening, sleep well...........and will continue with the EE hustle from tomorrow because whether the devil likes it or not I am a Canadian Permanent Resident grin grin.
#Jahbless#

Thanks to my e-family for the words of advice and encouragement. Appreciate everyone: Aig84, sunvick, fanyeofori, Glitteringstar, sistaj, Newmum0615, 40manlappy (I created a profile using first IELTS result. CRS presently 415), Sleekchic (Congrat dear), Olha (EOR was submitted on Nov 13- Got feedback on Dec 29), Kontagious, Fuzzyman, follyzee, happytbaby, mcstan18 (Bro - we would ace IELTS on next attempt Monsha Allah, IJN i pray... Amen grin

Please i gat two questions:
1) My babe plan to write on March 24 but her passport will expire on March 13. Will this be an issue?
2) Any idea of how much it cost to re-new passport, and is there anyone with contact details of a reliable immigration officer at Ikoyi passport office?

I really wish response to Question 1 is positive.............coz na out of POF money (wey we still dey hustle) we won go use register for her IELTS

"Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about.” ―Winston Churchill..................

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by rchilee: 11:13am On Jan 21, 2018
4wearegreat:

Thanks to my e-family for the words of advice and encouragement. Appreciate everyone: Aig84, sunvick, fanyeofori, Glitteringstar, sistaj, Newmum0615, 40manlappy (I created a profile using first IELTS result. CRS presently 415), Sleekchic (Congrat dear), Olha (EOR was submitted on Nov 13- Got feedback on Dec 29), Kontagious, Fuzzyman, follyzee, happytbaby, mcstan18 (Bro - we would ace IELTS on next attempt Monsha Allah, IJN i pray... Amen grin

Please i gat two questions:
1) My babe plan to write on March 24 but her passport will expire on March 13. Will this be an issue?
2) Any idea of how much it cost to re-new passport, and is there anyone with contact details of a reliable immigration officer at Ikoyi passport office?

I really wish response to Question 1 is positive.............coz na out of POF money (wey we still dey hustle) we won go use register for her IELTS

"Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about.” ―Winston Churchill..................

it must be a valid international passport

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.