Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1293807 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Uzoreen: 5:20pm On Jan 21, 2018
Naira Master Card. The limit on First Bank is $1000 USD. So this shld go. I'm a bit confused.

sweetrie:
Is it naira or dollar card?
Yes to 1220
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 5:25pm On Jan 21, 2018
daniella04:
Please I want to ask a question as regards medical reports. Will someone with a disk inside the knee be rejected

My friend's brother has a metallic plate in his left thigh to help his femur heal from a fracture which occurred in a car accident that happened in 2014. He will be landing in Calgary as a PR in March. From his story, I think the answer to your question is No, the someone won't be rejected

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 5:34pm On Jan 21, 2018
Uzoreen:
Naira Master Card. The limit on First Bank is $1000 USD. So this shld go. I'm a bit confused.

Ok, probably a technical issue. Are you sure you have up to #400k? Because you can't be certain how much the exact exchange rate would be. You can also call the number on the back of your card or walk in and complain tomorrow morning. It would be sorted out usually within 24hrs
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 5:56pm On Jan 21, 2018
Dazzle86:

Hello everyone. I am new here. I have a question to ask. Is it better to apply as a single person even though one is married and then send for the person's spouse later? Is there any implication?

That's misrepresentation. Your marriage documents will show that you've been married before you commenced application for PR. Your PR status may be withdrawn and you may also be slammed a lengthy ban.

So, it's not even an option to do that. Wait until you two are ready to make the move. The other option (if it applies) is to file for and get a divorce before applying
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 21, 2018
vickyehi:
Good day everyone
Has any RN/RM (diploma)gotten a positive feedback from WES?
I think IQAS is better for a RN (found out about this from a different forum). Read through the previous parts to find the answers you're looking for
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Obyroli: 6:00pm On Jan 21, 2018
Sugaro:
How many years of experience do u have and ur ages( urs and spouse)
Thanks for the reply.
I have 3years plus experience and he also has same experience.
Nysc : taught history(can i also apply for NOC4169 for diplomatic historian since I have one year experience)
Ages 36 and 35 .
I have a sibling there too
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Shay27(f): 6:00pm On Jan 21, 2018
If you’re concerned about to POF for both of you, all you need to do is indicate that your spouse won’t be accompanying you.

Dazzle86:

Hello everyone. I am new here. I have a question to ask. Is it better to apply as a single person even though one is married and then send for the person's spouse later? Is there any implication?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 6:04pm On Jan 21, 2018
Fuzzyman:
For Abuja folks results are out

L8.5 R9 W7.5 S 8.5

Congrats man. Nice scores
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Uzoreen: 6:04pm On Jan 21, 2018
Yes i do dear. Thank you.

sweetrie:
Ok, probably a technical issue. Are you sure you have up to #400k? Because you can't be certain how much the exact exchange rate would be. You can also call the number on the back of your card or walk in and complain tomorrow morning. It would be sorted out usually within 24hrs
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Savagebanker: 6:06pm On Jan 21, 2018
Ljay17:

Hi. The attached image is not a job description. At best it could be described as your Key Performance Indices - KPI. Kindly provide a list of your daily duties.

Kindly find attached. It’s a mixture of customer service, funds trf and sales. Wondering if I classify it under Noc 6235 financial sales rep seing as it’s under Noc B.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 6:14pm On Jan 21, 2018
4wearegreat:

Thanks to my e-family for the words of advice and encouragement. Appreciate everyone:... mcstan18 (Bro - we would ace IELTS on next attempt Monsha Allah, IJN i pray... Amen

Please i gat two questions:
1) My babe plan to write on March 24 but her passport will expire on March 13. Will this be an issue?
2) Any idea of how much it cost to re-new passport, and is there anyone with contact details of a reliable immigration officer at Ikoyi passport office?

"Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about.” ―Winston Churchill..................

Amen bro.
1) You'll need to get her another passport
2) I have a contact at the immigrations office in Festac. She can help make things easier for you if you guys decide to process it there. Just send a PM if you're interested
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caon: 6:19pm On Jan 21, 2018
Shay27:
If you’re concerned about to POF for both of you, all you need to do is indicate that your spouse won’t be accompanying you.

same POF applies whether accompanying or not

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 21, 2018
Shay27:

This is not true. He/she will show proof of funds for all family members (even if they are not accompanying).

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caon: 6:27pm On Jan 21, 2018
Obyroli:

Thanks for the reply.
I have 3years plus experience and he also has same experience.
Nysc : taught history(can i also apply for NOC4169 for diplomatic historian since I have one year experience)
Ages 36 and 35 .
I have a sibling there too
since u taught history u can apply under noc4031
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 21, 2018
Matanna:
Hello all, I just did my pcc in Abuja at force headquarters and it says valid for 3 months. I was of the view that pcc is valid for 6 months. Also am I to upload the 2 pages (front and back) of the pcc to my cic account or just the first smaller page. Thanks.

1. The expiry date on the PCC does not matter. Police certificates are valid for one year (See attached). However, according to CIC, for an applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before submission of the e-APR.

2. Upload all the pages.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 6:47pm On Jan 21, 2018
Obyroli:
Good day people.
please I need your advice.My profile
I have a law degree and also a BA in ISD.I am currently an external lawyer for a bank ,I get wpaid through a law firm(not in form of salary,but like a contract.based on how many jobs I do),the amount vary and not monthly.
Nysc taught history
secondly, My husband is a software engineer with 3years plus experience in a company.He has a B.Tech and OND from a polythecnic.
I don't have pay slips and employment letter but he does.
thirdly, do I need to write an exam or need a license
Who should be the primary applicant.
Thanks

Let your husband be the PA since he'll claim points for 2 or more degrees and the troubles of obtaining proof of employment would be reduced or even non-existent. You should also evaluate your degree (with IQAS) and write IELTS too. Your CRS score should be decent enough to get an ITA soon, all things (IELTS, age) being equal
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Sugaro: 7:22pm On Jan 21, 2018
mcstan18:

Let your husband be the PA since he'll claim points for 2 or more degrees and the troubles of obtaining proof of employment would be reduced or even non-existent. You should also evaluate your degree (with IQAS) and write IELTS too. Your CRS score should be decent enough to get an ITA soon, all things (IELTS, age) being equal
seconded
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ehimen100: 7:26pm On Jan 21, 2018
Dannyko:
@Ehimen100 @Elle78 ,how far?Any headway with WES verification in spite of the (Unilag NASU) strike?Hoping to hear from u guys.

Nothing oh, WES still awaits verification, meaning Unilag hasn't reply. What about you?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 21, 2018

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by stonecoldcafe: 7:44pm On Jan 21, 2018
tozabes:

Abeg they should wait for me to enter the pool first o! I'm writing IELTs in Feb...lol
Lol

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by vickyehi: 8:02pm On Jan 21, 2018
Flaj:

I think IQAS is better for a RN (found out about this from a different forum). Read through the previous parts to find the answers you're looking for

Pls if you have a link to the part or the reason for that conclusion ...pls share with me.... it's after paying for WES I read a post of a lady whose own wasn't comparable. But her own was registered nursing and paediatric nursing.
Pls anyone with any info pls help me biko....before I loose my shit
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by vickyehi: 8:04pm On Jan 21, 2018
mcstan18:

That's misrepresentation. Your marriage documents will show that you've been married before you commenced application for PR. Your PR status may be withdrawn and you may also be slammed a lengthy ban.

So, it's not even an option to do that. Wait until you two are ready to make the move. The other option (if it applies) is to file for and get a divorce before applying

Another way you can claim points as a single person is to apply as married and state that your partner isnt accompanying you to canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ottawaboi: 8:23pm On Jan 21, 2018
Happy Sunday guys, please how do I present previous rejection. I had been rejected a study Canadian visa before, do I attach the rejection letter in my application or just mention it in the LOE, I don't want any form of misrepresentation to occur.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nazor83: 8:33pm On Jan 21, 2018
Hello Gurus,

Please I need support on something.

I applied to Wes for evaluation of my bachelors cert and a PGDE I got from NTI (affiliated to Usman Dan Fodio University). However, am foreseeing there may be problems evaluating the PGDE cert as the Certificate is bearing Usman Dan Fodio and the transcript will bear NTI. I want to ask WES to cancel the PGDE evaluation request and go ahead with the bachelors. My IELTS is out (LRWS - 8.5, 7, 7, 7.5) and I will get CSR score of 439 with just the bachelors.

Please I need guidelines on how to send request to WES to cancel the PGDE evaluation request and proceed with the bachelors which they have got all needed information.

Thanks a lot in anticipation.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Lhimeet(m): 8:46pm On Jan 21, 2018
Good Evening Here,please I want to know if Canada visa lottery is out? ...Anyone with any idea?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by MaSisi: 8:54pm On Jan 21, 2018
Hello house good evening. Please I wrote ielts on 6th Jan and just saw my result this evening but am not happy with it because I expected to do better than what I saw especially on reading and listening.
Please how do I go about applying for remark. I wrote it in Benin. Help me out pls.
L6. 5
R6.5
W7.5
S7. 5
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 9:05pm On Jan 21, 2018
I am not sure requesting for a remark is a good idea. Listening and Reading and objective components of the test and you are marked based on the correct answers you ticked for each question. But if you have spare cash,
you can give it a shot but it'd be best you practice more and prepare to write another test so that you don't lose out on time.
MaSisi:
Hello house good evening. Please I wrote ielts on 6th Jan and just saw my result this evening but am not happy with it because I expected to do better than what I saw especially on reading and listening.
Please how do I go about applying for remark. I wrote it in Benin. Help me out pls.
L6. 5
R6.5
W7.5
S7. 5

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 21, 2018
Pls I want to Live and work in Canada? Where do I Starr from? Enlighten me pls. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by MaSisi: 9:24pm On Jan 21, 2018
Newmum0615:
I am not sure requesting for a remark is a good idea. Listening and Reading and objective components of the test and you are marked based on the correct answers you ticked for each question. But if you have spare cash,
you can give it a shot but it'd be best you practice more and prepare to write another test so that you don't lose out on time.

I understand you but I'm quite surprised at the outcome of the result. This is not my first test but it's about the most straightforward I've written. I was even more concerned about the speaking part cos I was nervous but surprisingly I did well. I'm just sad.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by femo86(m): 9:43pm On Jan 21, 2018
V
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by policy12: 10:00pm On Jan 21, 2018
Spygadgets19:
Pls I want to Live and work in Canada? Where do I Starr from? Enlighten me pls. Thanks

Look for the chapter one of this thread by reading from 0 page of this thread...to start u can start with d following steps.

. Get ur Intl passport if u don't av any, cos u will need it for all other steps.

. Ielts this is d exam u need, to write which are listening, Writing, Reading and Speaking. Try and register for the exam wt British council 68k.

.Then u will need to do verification of ur result depending on ur highest qualification either with Wes or IQAS

. After this then u enter the express entry pool.

When you need more clarification then u come here and ask the elders I believe u will get answer to ur request.

You can also mention me, you will need reference letter from ur place of work at least u will need working experience.

Your age also count...just start issue will arise then come here elders will provide an answer.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 21, 2018
policy12:

Look for the chapter one of this thread by reading from 0 page of this thread
OK thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.