Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,748 members, 7,820,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1298109 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 12:53pm On Jan 25, 2018
True. My husband's best friend lives in Australia. I heard they are quite racist over there. Not the same in Canada. At least, not that our landed brothers have told us.
OJaySeenson:
Process is straightforward, yes. But it has gotten very long. At least from am engineers perspective. CDR takes engineers Australia like 4 months to assess, then PR that used to be like 3 months has turned to 7+ months sontin.
And things will likely change by the next financial year. Govt becoming increasingly anti immigrant. Country people can't seem to separate legal residents making money and paying good taxes from refugees...it's a first world country, yes...but the ignorance here is not it at all...

Don't get me wrong, life is good. I have light 24/7 (almost), by God's grace, I am not washing toilet to eat, and if everything works out, I plan to be here at least another year...but I need my pikin to grow up in a place where people are used to black people abeg...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 12:55pm On Jan 25, 2018
She is a parasite feeding off my NL knowledge. I need to start billing her sef. grin
She dey here dey laugh. She dey hail una.
ysteph:
Newmum0615....you and that your supervisor.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by salford1: 1:05pm On Jan 25, 2018
40manlappy:

Thanks for sharing.

It would be interesting to know more about the bolded. I know someone that has both Canadian and Aussie PR but is finding it difficult to decide on one. Thought of sending you a PM so as not to derail the thread but felt that others may benefit from your experience.

Newmum0615:
True. My husband's best friend lives in Australia. I heard they are quite racist over there. Not the same in Canada. At least, not that our landed brothers have told us.
If you are leaving Australia because of racism, then Canada won't be any different. As multicultural and diverse the US, UK and France are, these countries are racists too.

My friends husband is a doctor in Canada and has experience racism even in urban cities. I have had my own share as well like many others. Just have it at the back of your mind that anywhere races mix, there is bound to be racism just like tribalism. My believe is that if you can survive tribalism in Nigeria, then racism shouldn't deter you from migrating to a western country. I know alot of Nigerian professionals doing extremely well in Australia despite the pointers listed by OJseenson.

I also have a friend in Calgary that wishes she can return to OZ cos she had a better life there.

Bottomline: To each his own.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 1:05pm On Jan 25, 2018
For each qualification you fill in the form, you will have to pick if it is assessed or not from a drop down, immediately you pick 'assessed' , you will get space to fill details of the assessing body and ECA number.

This is pre-ITA, post-ITA, the info will be carried over from your express entry profile, you will not need to re-fill.

I do not have an opinion on whether to add to WES evaluation or not but I do know you can use more than one educational assessment bodies.

Kontagious:
Hi ma, been a while, hope all is going well. I thought there's just one space for ECA number and date (pre and post ITA). Are you sure about the option of using two different ECAs?

I'd rather advice he adds the BSc to the WES evaluation, but this strike of a thing.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekysilk: 1:09pm On Jan 25, 2018
Kontagious:
Hi ma, been a while, hope all is going well. I thought there's just one space for ECA number and date (pre and post ITA). Are you sure about the option of using two different ECAs?

I'd rather advice he adds the BSc to the WES evaluation, but this strike of a thing.
Yes boss. I evaluated 2 degrees though with same body WES. The thing is, details of each degree is filled out separately one by one. E.g,

Degree 1
NCE or AAT (for our PM) 1998-2000,
ECA body- WES
ECA Canadian equivalency- 3 abi 2 years diploma
ECA date- 2nd January 2018
ECA number 12345678MM

Degree 2
Bsc- 2000-2005
ECA body- WES (for our PM it will be IQAS)
ECA Canadian equivalency- 4 years degree/diploma
ECA date- 2nd January 2018 (for PM a different date because obviously IQAS report date will differ from WES)
ECA number 12345678MM (for PM a different number because obviously IQAS report number will be different from WES)

Those of us who used 2 degrees/certificate kindly confirm that you filled each degree one by one separately. because that was how mine was.

And I'm fine. Thank you for asking. Trust you're good as well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by JustinTrudeau: 1:10pm On Jan 25, 2018
You're blessed Sleekysilk

sleekysilk:

Hi there! My honorable PM, of course YES, you can evaluate just ur AAT/ATS with WES. It's okay.
When entering the pool, you state your 2 different certificates separately and select the different assessment body that applies to each of them. You're good to go and grab your 468 with 2 or more certificates.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekysilk: 1:15pm On Jan 25, 2018
JustinTrudeau:
You're blessed Sleekysilk

And you too boss. Anything for my PM
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bolabae: 1:30pm On Jan 25, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Angelicstar(f): 1:31pm On Jan 25, 2018
sleekysilk:

Yes, you qualify if you evaluate both credentials. Do well to go through page zero and all the links therein
I was considering using lQAS instead of wes cos of the confirmation letter, now I am reading about lQAS evaluating both as one. Do u know of anyone who has used lQAS and had it evaluated as two certificates?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by coolangel54(f): 1:45pm On Jan 25, 2018
Kontagious:

THE STRIKE WEAK ME O.. PRAY THEY CALL IT OFF SOONER THAN EXPECTED. I WANNA BEGIN MY OWN EE JOURNEY O
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by melarose: 1:54pm On Jan 25, 2018
Please can someone help me with this question? I re ally need to know what next to do. Thanks cc:glitteringStar 40manlappy
melarose:
Please I need help urgently on this..I started my evaluation with WES last year with just my BSc but not yet concluded as my transcript hasn't been sent by school due to Nasu strike. I have ATS but I did not include it as part of what WES should evaluate, is there a way for me to edit my application and include it for evaluation since my application has not been concluded yet?
Also, if possible how can I edit it and will it be evaluated as 2 or more certificates with one being 3years plus? Please help a concerned lady.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bolabae: 1:55pm On Jan 25, 2018
Good afternoon everyone,
We got ADR yesterday on (a)Bank history for a year (b)provide details on the provenance of funds.
We have the bank history from the principals applicants account already but 80% of the fund was transferred from my account to his account without authorization letter because I got to know about the authorization letter from here after we submitted. Do I need to show my bank history too or just for the principals applicant alone. I also have a copy of the transfer transaction to his account can we include that?
What do they expect for the second question.
Please house assist me because we need to respond to the ADR as soon as possible. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by jholarharde(f): 1:58pm On Jan 25, 2018
good afternoon e-family, kudos to everyone
pls help with this
salary was not paid to my account when I was teaching and neither do we pay tax bt salary is paid to my husband's account and he pays tax. the issue now is if my husband is d PA we lose 30points. pls advise me on how to go about this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ysteph: 2:02pm On Jan 25, 2018
Hail her for me. grin grin grin grin grin

Newmum0615:
She is a parasite feeding off my NL knowledge. I need to start billing her sef. grin
She dey here dey laugh. She dey hail una.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by jholarharde(f): 2:05pm On Jan 25, 2018
good afternoon e- family, pls I need your help with this.
salary was not paid into my account when I was teaching neither do we pay tax but salary is paid to my husband's account and he pays tax, now the issue is if hubby is d PA we lose 30points. what is your advise on who should be the PA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mosbiod(m): 2:05pm On Jan 25, 2018
Hi Seniors, I got to a section to upload my documents and it's asking for 3 Employment proof of employment. I have had 3 jobs but I am only using 1 to claim points and I have received the reference letter from the employer for this job.

Can I remove the other 2 jobs from the "Work History" section and leave the only one I'm using to claim points so I won't be needing references from employers which is not necessary?
The "Personal History" section already contains all the jobs with an indication that it was an employment.

Please, kindly advise accordingly, I just don't want to make any silly mistakes ooo.. angry smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by JESUSisable: 2:26pm On Jan 25, 2018
Hi Good People,

Please a quick question.do I have to include the exchange rate from xe.com website as at the day am submitting my eAPR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 40manlappy: 2:28pm On Jan 25, 2018
JustinTrudeau:
Good evening everyone,PM is back again, this time i need your advise

I initially evaluated my results with IQAS and as some of you might know that BC wasted a lot of my time. I didn't know WES evaluates ATS as a diploma not until i got stuck with IQAS I'm presently on 435 Crs score. If i get my ATS evaluated i will have 468 which will guarantee ITA.

Now the question is, can i evaluate just my ATS only with WES and add to my IQAS Bsc evaluation then update my profile as 2 or more certificate or i have to start a whole new evaluation process with WES for my Bsc and ATS.
Reason being that i want to avoid the back and forth on Bsc transcript collection and the cost.

Looking at these recent draws ITA is not coming anytime soon and i dont have that luxury of time anymore,just wanna take a radical approach.

Gurus and able citizens kindly advise.

Your PM
grin grin

On selecting "2 or more certificates...", it seems there is only one slot to enter the ECA number. This may not be possible since you have separate ECAs for the ATS and BSc. You may consider a new evaluation with WES for both qualifications but please confirm from those who submitted recently.

cc: GlitteringStar, Kontagious
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 2:29pm On Jan 25, 2018
JESUSisable:
Hi Good People,

Please a quick question.do I have to include the exchange rate from xe.com website as at the day am submitting my eAPR?
Yes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by JESUSisable: 2:34pm On Jan 25, 2018
sweetrie:
Yes

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kontagious(m): 2:39pm On Jan 25, 2018
sleekysilk:
Yes boss. I evaluated 2 degrees though with same body WES. The thing is, details of each degree is filled out separately one by one.

Those of us who used 2 degrees/certificate kindly confirm that you filled each degree one by one separately. because that was how mine was.

And I'm fine. Thank you for asking. Trust you're good as well.
Thanks for this, I evaluated two degrees too, BSc and MSc. I no just remember how the sections be again. Guess he's good to go with two ECAs then. Them for just allow same with IELTS grin

I'm good too wink.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by talltosyne: 2:49pm On Jan 25, 2018
jholarharde:
salary was not paid into my account when I was teaching neither do we pay tax but salary is paid to my husband's account and he pays tax, now the issue is if hubby is d PA we lose 30points. what is your advise on who should be the PA

Newmum0615,mcstan18, glitteringstar, 40manlappy. Dis applies to me also.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kontagious(m): 2:52pm On Jan 25, 2018
40manlappy:
On selecting "2 or more certificates...", it seems there is only one slot to enter the ECA number. This may not be possible since you have separate ECAs for the ATS and BSc. You may consider a new evaluation with WES for both qualifications but please confirm from those who submitted recently.
Sleekysilk and Happytbaby confirmed there's slot for inputting ECA number and date for every degree evaluated. Hope the VO is clever enough to know the two ECAs translates to two or more certificates.

Precedence in making.

JustinTrudeau, GliterringStar, Cochtrane
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekchic(f): 2:53pm On Jan 25, 2018
bolabae:
Good afternoon everyone,
We got ADR yesterday on (a)Bank history for a year (b)provide details on the provenance of funds.
We have the bank history from the principals applicants account already but 80% of the fund was transferred from my account to his account without authorization letter because I got to know about the authorization letter from here after we submitted. Do I need to show my bank history too or just for the principals applicant alone. I also have a copy of the transfer transaction to his account can we include that?
What do they expect for the second question.
Please house assist me because we need to respond to the ADR as soon as possible. Thanks in anticipation

WOW!!! Your post made my heart skip a beat. 1 year bank history ke? WHY?

I looked up the word 'provenance' (it means origin or earliest known history of something) so i guess they want you to show them the earliest record of the money. maybe where it came from (your bank account statement in this case) or how you got it.
Out of curiosity why do you think they asked for 1 year bank history? how many months bank statement did you submit upfront or what did you submit as POF?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 2:54pm On Jan 25, 2018
Kontagious:
Thanks for this, I evaluated two degrees too, BSc and MSc. I no just remember how the sections be again. Guess he's good to go with two ECAs then. Them for just allow same with IELTS grin

I'm good too wink.

My brother, dem for reason am with us laidat o. Like WAEC+GCE levels grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kontagious(m): 2:56pm On Jan 25, 2018
jholarharde:
Ordinarily, reference letter in CIC format should do. You may however add employment letter, complimentary card of reference letter signatory and any other corroborating document(s)

cc: talltosyne

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mosbiod(m): 2:57pm On Jan 25, 2018
mosbiod:
Hi Seniors, I got to a section to upload my documents and it's asking for 3 Employment proof of employment. I have had 3 jobs but I am only using 1 to claim points and I have received the reference letter from the employer for this job.

Can I remove the other 2 jobs from the "Work History" section and leave the only one I'm using to claim points so I won't be needing references from employers which is not necessary?
The "Personal History" section already contains all the jobs with an indication that it was an employment.

Please, kindly advise accordingly, I just don't want to make any silly mistakes ooo.. angry smiley

somborri have mercy.... cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 40manlappy: 2:59pm On Jan 25, 2018
Kontagious:

Sleekysilk and Happytbaby confirmed there's slot for inputting ECA number and date for every degree evaluated. Hope the VO is clever enough to know the two ECAs translates to two or more certificates.

Precedence in making.

If that is the case, good for him then. That's why I asked him to also confirm from those that submitted recently. By the way, thought I was the only one that is beginning to forget some details cheesy

cc: JustinTrudeau

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 3:00pm On Jan 25, 2018
There you have it.

salford1:

If you are leaving Australia because of racism, then Canada won't be any different. As multicultural and diverse the US, UK and France are, these countries are racists too.

My friends husband is a doctor in Canada and has experience racism even in urban cities. I have had my own share as well like many others. Just have it at the back of your mind that anywhere races mix, there is bound to be racism just like tribalism. My believe is that if you can survive tribalism in Nigeria, then racism shouldn't deter you from migrating to a western country. I know alot of Nigerian professionals doing extremely well in Australia despite the pointers listed by OJseenson.

I also have a friend in Calgary that wishes she can return to OZ cos she had a better life there.

Bottomline: To each his own.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kontagious(m): 3:00pm On Jan 25, 2018
mcstan18:
My brother, dem for reason am with us laidat o. Like WAEC+GCE levels grin
Some schools have joined bahdgang naw, where combination is not allowed again, and your overall score will suffer when you have too many C's (the 6.5s and below). God de.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by intercedertee(f): 3:00pm On Jan 25, 2018
please help
intercedertee:
Goodmorning NL family
Please I have a question. My husband is the pa and he is an insurance agent of NOC 6231 (level B) but was promoted early this month to a manager. My question is which NOC will he use, it is that of agent or manager. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 40manlappy: 3:03pm On Jan 25, 2018
OJaySeenson:
My chairperson, see full reply above. But really though,
my most pressing concerns are the ignorance of most of the people, and the changing political landscape.

Thank you, seen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.