Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1297955 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by keni: 12:14pm On Feb 02, 2018
Second attempt

CLB 9
Listening 8.0
Reading 7.0
Speaking 8.0
Writing 7.0

Needed CLB 10

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 12:16pm On Feb 02, 2018
Congrats.
Jolao:

My test result is finally out, I'm so excited right now.
This is my 2nd Attempt
L-8.0
R.7.0
W-7.0
S-7.5

First Attempt
L-6.5
R-7.0
W-7.0
S-7.5
Thank you Jesus
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekysilk: 12:27pm On Feb 02, 2018
keni:

Second attempt

CLB 9
Listening 8.0
Reading 7.0
Speaking 8.0
Writing 7.0

Needed CLB 10
Be grateful. At least appreciate God. Congratulations to you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekysilk: 12:30pm On Feb 02, 2018
Congrats to jelmulsboy, Guitarlife, Ronke1114, McNoelle, Litealpha, Jolao and all other 'silent readers' who scaled through BC. Wish you God's speed in the rest of this journey. To others who didn't get the desired scores, keep pushing and you will smile at the end

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tbaby2015: 12:32pm On Feb 02, 2018
Aig84:
Congratulations to all that got desired scores in IELTS, and to all those that didn't, please don't give up. I know it sounds cliche but this race is really not the swift and there is no need to rush.

Everybody with their own timeline....for example, I wrote and cleared IELTS sometime in September last year at first try, was already in the pool in October, but age and just Bsc as my qualifications have left my CRS to low 400s. Many people have written multiple times after that and some have PPR already.

No PNP opportunity was forthcoming that time so I have to wait for that, now see how Ontario is doing kalo kalo with EOIs, in addition to that I also lose 5 points this month as I become a year older.

So please my brothers and sisters, take your application serious, do what you have to do to get the highest possible scores and submit a clean application void of errors and one corner tactics, no matter how long it takes. Canada is not running away

It will end in praise. Cheers!!

I remember you. Still encouraging others even now. God will show up for you. Just hang in there!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sistaj: 12:43pm On Feb 02, 2018
;@mzjennypher by all means go for a remark.Congrats to all the acers.For those who fell short,do not despair,eyes on the prize,dust it up,prepare very well like your life depended on it and try again.Hubby fell my hand o.Did not prepare so tey d thing almost cause quarell.At least he has addeed 12 points to the 30 he took from me. Well I have something to hold over him.He said he might go for a remark and I laughed very hard ,abeg make em no delay me by that his remark ooo when he did not prepare.Sitting at 446 now and hoping next week does not pass me by.All my documents are almost ready.On the marks now

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by snoop1(m): 12:50pm On Feb 02, 2018
Hey everyone, i just started gathering information about the whole process this morning and i just got to the WES website. Please after requesting my school to send my transcript to WES, do i still need to forward a hard copy of my B.eng Certificate to them?

Thanks
Newbie Snoop
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Emmasonic4me: 12:51pm On Feb 02, 2018
keni:

Second attempt

CLB 9
Listening 8.0
Reading 7.0
Speaking 8.0
Writing 7.0

Needed CLB 10

Please I still can't find where you showed gratitude to God for making you get the desired score on a second trial. Am sure you're aware some people made more number of attempts.

Anyways, congratulations and glory be to God for your result.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekchic(f): 12:57pm On Feb 02, 2018
mrssam:

Congratulations.
Please,what scores do I need to get in IELTS to get the maximum points under language tests for my CRS? Someone please educate me.

To get maximum points under language test you need 8.5,8,7.5,7.5 in LRSW respectively. All the best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ArabianRose(f): 12:58pm On Feb 02, 2018
Just checked my test results, 6.5, 7.5, 7.5, 7.5 for LRWS respectively. Just messed up my whole day. took the academic test in FEB for masters pursuit, it was 8.5,8,7.5,7.5 for LSRW. sad

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by JESUSisable: 12:59pm On Feb 02, 2018
dupyshoo:
My younger sis timeline as it might be useful to some people :

AOR - Sept 27th
Medical Passed - Oct 14th
NA1 - Oct 14th
IP1 - Oct 14th
NA2 - Oct 16th
Received the "You are now a candidate for Canada" letter - Nov 22nd
Transferred to LVO - Nov 23rd
Request for GCMS - Jan 12th
GCMS note received - Jan 26th (GCMS note showed that nothing was done on her application from 23rd of Nov till 26th Jan, only criminality and medicals were passed, eligibility and security were yet to be done)
IP2 - Jan 26th
PPR - Feb 1st.

No ADR was asked.

For her POF, she included gift deed (for small percentage of the total amount), letter from work place cooperative and copy of cheque that she received from the cooperative, 6 months bank statements, FD certificate and she wrote a detailed letter of explanation and a table explaining her POF.

For employment reference, she included letter from her work place and 3 payslips.

She was working while she was doing her MSc. full time. The visa officer did not have any issue with that.

She was rejected a UK visitor visa once. She did not complete Schedule A. She just put details of the visa refusal.

These are the few things we were concerned about. All other things were pretty straightforward.

Congrats Dupyshoo and congrats to your sister...may the rain of PPR fall on us all in Jesus name.AMEN

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 02, 2018
My whole day just Messed
LRWS

I hear there now increasing it to 72k from 68k this April this people are really Awful

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by xtosync: 1:07pm On Feb 02, 2018
Please Sir, how much did you pay for your TCC? In my SIRS After all enquiries from different sources the range I was getting was between 100 - 130k
KayVann:
No I wasn't asked to pay a fine. It was a very cordial relationship, I opened up to the tax controller and my issues were addressed appropriately. I am resident in Abuja so I wentbto FIRS not SIRS. I am not sure if same applies in other states.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Canadianfly: 1:08pm On Feb 02, 2018
Emmasonic4me:

Please I still can't find where you showed gratitude to God for making you get the desired score on a second trial. Am sure you're aware some people made more number of attempts.

Anyways, congratulations and glory be to God for your result.

You're assuming he worships God. What if he's a Sango and Amadioha Chief priest? And has already slaughtered goat and ram for the gods?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 02, 2018
Canadianfly:

You're assuming he worships God. What if he's a Sango and Amadioha Chief priest? And has already slaughtered goat and ram for the gods?

LOL you're hilarious

I've been laughing at your comments
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekchic(f): 1:20pm On Feb 02, 2018
Ettolic:
I av been following dis thread for a while, tryin to gather information before applying. My question is that my hubby is in US presently , and I would like to apply now, can I still include him in d application , though I will be d PA. Pls I need a guide

Absolutely, Please go ahead. Your documents are more important sef, Although you will also need PCC and medicals for him too. All the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kmgb: 1:21pm On Feb 02, 2018
Phew i can finally get Jay and Liz's voice off my head.

1st attempt Dec 2nd

L 7.5
R 8
S 7
W 7.5

2nd attempt Jan 20
L 8.5
R 9
S 7.5
W 7.0

Thanking God seriously.. After my 1st attempt in which I really prepared for,I was sad and wanted to book the next date I.e Jan 6 just as @mcstan did,but it was closed and of course I couldn't go to Ibadan for that,so I settled for 20th grudgingly not knowing God was at work, cos i noticed d people who took JAn 6th also complained about section,which was same for my first attempt on Dec 2nd. For me,I would say Jan 20 tests was a tad bit easier, maybe not a tad sef, for instance recording broke down just after section 1 and we had to restart, and for the usual difficult section 3,we were to label an oiless compressor which I'm sure some people had prior knowledge of. @Mcstan,I just want to encourage you just like @Canadianfly said,to take a breather and ask for Gods direction amidst practice. Wish u and every other person waiting for this the best.

I currently stand at 440(lost 3 points in writing)
The little tips I have to add to what has been shared is that for speaking I used Jay's PPF method,however I started with the Present story so I don't sound out of line before moving to the Past and future.for writing i first write down vocabulary relating to the topic and weave my story around d words,,it made it easier,also wrote in pencil and was able to change my simple words and sentences to complex ones as I reviewed my writing. For reading and writing, followed Jay and Liz's tips.

Still awaiting ECA, Unilag has been tossing me around from PG school to result office to record office to department. Pls who knows Dr F and madam B of department of political science,Unilag. They are d ones holding me back since November,@naoghano can u pls share your contact,I PMed you,any other person that can help,they said my result wasn't sent to pg school. Bikozienu,ejoor help me, so I won't just be staring at this Ielts result.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ashiwajew: 1:24pm On Feb 02, 2018
Thanks for all of the updates. i have started thinking of how to apply for this Canada thingy not knowing there is enough information here. i have registered to write IELTS in March and about to pay then i found out that the confirmation mail that contains my reference number was mistakenly deleted. Please how can i retrieve it in order to make payment
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Freeman59: 1:25pm On Feb 02, 2018
Listening =8.5
Reading =8
Speaking =7
Writing=7

Thank God. Though I expected more from reading

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nat138: 1:29pm On Feb 02, 2018
snoop1:
Hey everyone, i just started gathering information about the whole process this morning and i just got to the WES website. Please after requesting my school to send my transcript to WES, do i still need to forward a hard copy of my B.eng Certificate to them?

Thanks
Newbie Snoop

Hi Snoop, Yes you still need to send a copy of your certificate to them.
Sign up for a free account on www.hellofax.com and fax the certificate to WES, their fax number is 1-416-972-9004.

Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by caseynewnn: 1:34pm On Feb 02, 2018
hey all.please anyone ever called CIC and got a response? pls I need their number.
thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 1:34pm On Feb 02, 2018
Check if you still have it in your trash folder.
ashiwajew:
Thanks for all of the updates. i have started thinking of how to apply for this Canada thingy not knowing there is enough information here. i have registered to write IELTS in March and about to pay then i found out that the confirmation mail that contains my reference number was mistakenly deleted. Please how can i retrieve it in order to make payment
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Saitamah: 1:35pm On Feb 02, 2018
mrssam:

Congratulations=
Could you please share tips?How long did you prepare for?

I used materials shared on this thread (page 0). It took about a week to prepare.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ashiwajew: 1:43pm On Feb 02, 2018
Thanks, its my gmail account. i just found it under importance
Newmum0615:
Check if you still have it in your trash folder.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 1:43pm On Feb 02, 2018
ashiwajew:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 02, 2018
When preparing for listening test, please start my increasing the speed of the recording a bit. I started preparing for my listening tests by setting the speed of the youtube videos to 1.25 .

I did this everyday for two weeks. Then I now reverted to normal speed about 2 weeks to the main exam.

Do not rush the tests, I practiced one listening test per day and I ensured I reviewed each of those practice tests well to enable me identify my weaknessess.

I wish all of us success and I am looking forward hosting every one especially newmum, glitteringstar, canadianfly etc in Canada in the nearest future.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by TEECANN: 2:01pm On Feb 02, 2018
Guitarlife:
When preparing for listening test, please start my increasing the speed of the recording a bit. I started preparing for my listening tests by setting the speed of the youtube videos to 1.25 .

I did this everyday for two weeks. Then I now reverted to normal speed about 2 weeks to the main exam.

Do not rush the tests, I practiced one listening test per day and I ensured I reviewed each of those practice tests well to enable me identify my weaknessess.

I wish all of us success and I am looking forward hosting every one especially newmum, glitteringstar, canadianfly etc in Canada in the nearest future.

@Guitarlife,

Congrats once again.

Pls can you explain the process you followed in setting the speed of the youtube listening practice vidoes to 1.25?

It will benefit alot of people here.

It will all end in praise IJN!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nuelnuel: 2:05pm On Feb 02, 2018
Please people, I have a question
I want to use my NYSC experience as a Mathematics teacher to apply but my issue is this; I did BSc Computer Science and MSC Software Engineering, Please does anyone know whether my work experience as a Mathematics teacher will be accepted for the occupation that I want to nominate which is Secondary School teacher even though I didn't study Education and I didn't teach ICT but rather Mathematics.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by koonlay5: 2:13pm On Feb 02, 2018
Jeez.... You are just hilarious. I kinda look forward to your comments each day.

Canadianfly:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 02, 2018
TEECANN:

@Guitarlife,

Congrats once again.

Pls can you explain the process you followed in setting the speed of the youtube listening practice vidoes to 1.25?

It will benefit alot of people here.

It will all end in praise IJN!

Find attached.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 2:16pm On Feb 02, 2018
I eat only swallow plix grin Congrats once again.
Guitarlife:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 2:17pm On Feb 02, 2018
Doesn't matter mehn. With your teaching experience and Msc, you are fine.
nuelnuel:
Please people, I have a question
I want to use my NYSC experience as a Mathematics teacher to apply but my issue is this; I did BSc Computer Science and MSC Software Engineering, Please does anyone know whether my work experience as a Mathematics teacher will be accepted for the occupation that I want to nominate which is Secondary School teacher even though I didn't study Education and I didn't teach ICT but rather Mathematics.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.