Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1303381 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by hayor2014(m): 12:50pm On Feb 25, 2018
Favoredme:
Yes at the emboldened statement. The deed, family receipt and a sale agreement with the buyer's name reflected in the transfer to your account is sufficient.

. thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by hayor2014(m): 12:59pm On Feb 25, 2018
Kevmith:

1.The listening is major, it’s hard to get 8 with IDP but easier with BC, but it’s easy to get 8 or even 9 with reading in IDP

2. Their EOR IS 46k which is notbtalistic in any way to much risk for no upgrade

3. They commit fraud on their EOR. Mine wasn’t sent I was issue a letter that my result was unchanged but when I contacted Australia they said they never received it.

Don’t be deceived by their quick response to mail and the water they give you in exam hall it’s just 2 cartons of water BC has thousands of candidates but they are managing just fine

what is major about it, I had 8.5 with MOD IDP, I had my writing remarked and increased, coz you probably failed the exam when your wrote with MOD IDP does not make them terrible,...I failed listening and writing with BC,but I did not come out to cry foul..and I honestly would prefer to pay 46K for remark and get it in 10days than pay 15K and get it in 10 weeks......we all know how expensive this Canada venture will/could get....if you're so good and you wrote the exam well, why do you even need remark.....

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 25, 2018
Duchbol:
Hello everyone please I want to ask about canada student visa, I have applied for a gradute studies in a university there and am still waiting for their reply. Please what's next can I apply for student visa now or am to wait for the school to give me admission first.
The session starts September please help am a novice

You will need an unconditional Letter of Acceptance from the university before you apply for study visa. You are actually in the wrong thread, kindly go to the Canada Study visa thread and get more information. Regards.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 25, 2018
NikyO:
Haapy suunday House

Good morning , pls I want some clarification on this mata
I did news paper publication For change of name yet to do affidavit , I want to register for ielts , should I put my new name or old name?

Tnx in advance

For IELTS, please endeavor to register with the name on your valid International Passport. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by hayor2014(m): 1:18pm On Feb 25, 2018
pepe1:

Pls what time are students expected to be there for the speaking test and LRW tests.

Just trying to factor in traffic to my movement.
. all these will be sent to you via mail...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Jadel03: 1:47pm On Feb 25, 2018
[quote author=GlitteringStar post=65350988]
Good Afternoon Glittering star,
I need you suggestion/input. Do you advise one to apply for EE while working on getting admission in canada? Or should one get admission first.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 25, 2018
Jadel03:

Good Afternoon Glittering star,
I need you suggestion/input. Do you advise one to apply for EE while working on getting admission in canada? Or should one get admission first.

There is no correlation between EE and school admission. You can do both at the same time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ysteph: 2:31pm On Feb 25, 2018
@TwentySeven:

If you have a legal document to evidence the separation. Then you fill separated.

If you don't have such documents, then you fill married but with spouse unaccompanying. In this case, you'll need his medicals, PCC and proof of funds to include him.
You will also need a letter of authorisation if kids are invloved.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bonnie1: 2:51pm On Feb 25, 2018
Ambidextrause:
Hello Good People,

I got PUM today!!! And I wish to share my story as a testimony to God's glory and in the hopes that someone might be encouraged, inspired, and motivated. (This post may be a bit long. Sorry)

AOR was July 25, 2017

At first, my application was refused. And as I read the refusal letter with shivers down my spine, I figured the VO based his/her decision singularly on insufficient funds. I was beyond crestfallen. I could not even wish that on my enemy. It came on an afternoon and I thanked God I did not drive to work that day cos I would't know how I would have fared behind the wheels. More painful was the fact that the rejection/refusal came after 134 days of agonizing wait! I had been so expectant since I felt I had satisfied every requirement. Meanwhile, a spike in FOREX rates around early August 2017 had relegated my POF below the LICO by 330CAD. Can you imagine that?! undecided undecided

I bottled it up. Never opened my mouth to tell a soul. I did not want to share the heartbreak with my family and close friends who knew I was on this train. So I reached out to my e-friends on this platform, chief of whom are Blackbuddy, 40manlappy, and GlitteringStar for solace and advice. I felt the reason for refusal was flimsy -- they thought so too. I was going to appeal!

Now, up until then, it's not been a common thing to see a refusal decision reversed. But my case was going to be different as I went to God in my unspeakable pain and disappointment. I cast all the burden on him with hope and faith. As advised, I sent the first email and raised a CSE showing that I indeed satisfied the POF requirement, with updated POF attached. After 3 days, my appeal was rejected. It was so devastating but I kept my cool. While me e-friends were following-up and asking for updates, I only told them IRCC were yet to respond. I kept praying. One week passed. Two weeks. Nothing. So, I sent another email, trying to make them see my point. I was begging for mercy, as advised. Failed again.

I had given up, turning my sights on PNP as my CRS had dropped to 427 and no chance of having the draws smile on me. This was January this year. Then on one Sunday evening, Tosin, who also experienced same, reached out to me again, saying I couldn't just be quiet and be waiting or just give up. Then I heard a little voice saying I should try again. I sent another email on Monday but instead got a refund of my RPRF. Damn! I caught a cold that night. Managed to get home. Struggled through the week. Then God provoked me himself - a colleague of mine, who applied after me, got PPR. We congratulated him but I was very sad deep inside. Mine was coming, I shrugged. That night, I drafted another email - this time stating my utter displeasure and showing the unfairness in the refusal decision - and I sent it directly to the minister! I remember I said a silent prayer before clicking the send button: Lord, don't let this one return the way others did.

The next day, I saw a notification, my application had been reopened. I was asked to pay the 490CAD RPRF. I returned the money they had earlier rejected back to them. 3 days later, I got PPR! Now happening so fast I could barely remember the pains I had felt a month ago. I was overjoyed and broke the news to my family and friends - they did not know the underlying story, did not need to. The devil is a liar!!! grin grin grin

AOR to PPR = 184 days

I want to appreciate the selfless efforts of everyone on this platform. And to those of us expecting one thing or the other on this Canadian journey, God will make it all end in praise. Thank you all! God bless!!!

And Wura27 should be ready to add me to that WhatsApp group. grin grin grin grin

Your case is different. Congrats. Delay isn’t denial. God is good!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Jadel03: 3:01pm On Feb 25, 2018
Thank you for your response.I appreciate.
GlitteringStar:

There is no correlation between EE and school admission. You can do both at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ysteph: 4:17pm On Feb 25, 2018
@TwentySeven
It's possible but i am not sure of the procedure.
Maybe you should find out from lawyers who handle Family Law cases.

You can send me a PM

[quote author=TwentySeven post=65359284][/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 4:54pm On Feb 25, 2018
There is a number on their website it’s reachabke try at about 8am tomorrow or alternatively message them on Facebook. I got a timely response when I sent a complaint to their Facebook messenger on Facebook last year.
Newbeecey:
Please that number never goes through o, or is there any other number I can reach them on?.
Im even considering cancelling totally and getting a refund and using the MOD IDP since they have closer test dates

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 4:55pm On Feb 25, 2018
About the refund, I strongly doubt.

But maybe a reschedule might be possible but in very rare cases
Newbeecey:
Please that number never goes through o, or is there any other number I can reach them on?.
Im even considering cancelling totally and getting a refund and using the MOD IDP since they have closer test dates

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by clock89: 5:41pm On Feb 25, 2018
Hello All,

Please I have a question about POF, Mutual Funds and Gift of deeds. From my research on this thread I’ve picked up a few things, please highlight any inconsistencies.
1. Most of my savings is in Mutual funds, my salary account is mostly empty save for monthly living costs. I believe I can submit just a reference letter from my Fund managers (ARM) as POF, they can also provide a Statement of Account (without submitting my salary account SOA?)

2. My savings would make up for about 50% of POF, I plan to use a gift of deed letter from my blood sister to complete the rest. I will get the deed notarized and also submit a bank statement/email alert showing the inflow.

Will that be sufficient or will I need to show that she is capable of gifting me said funds, maybe by attaching her statement of Account.?

Many thanks for your responses
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by TwentySeven: 5:57pm On Feb 25, 2018
ysteph:
@TwentySeven
It's possible but i am not sure of the procedure.
Maybe you should find out from lawyers who handle Family Law cases.

You can send me a PM

Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by arbiee: 6:05pm On Feb 25, 2018
Use the name on your international passport because that would be your means of Identification.
NikyO:
Haapy suunday House

Good morning , pls I want some clarification on this mata
I did news paper publication For change of name yet to do affidavit , I want to register for ielts , should I put my new name or old name?

Tnx in advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Opotuniti(m): 6:32pm On Feb 25, 2018
Dear friends,

Can someone kindly send the link or explain the normal order of timeline for application processing. Am surprised.

AOR - Feb.16, 2018
Medical Passed - Feb25, 2018 (Got the mail today to check for update, on checking, i saw this with all the UCI updated.
Every other thing is still under reviewing/ processing/you do not need interview/fingerprint.

What is expected or order from this onward?
I see various abbreviations in timelines? IP etc

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by edithokoye0096: 6:37pm On Feb 25, 2018
ysteph:
@TwentySeven:

If you have a legal document to evidence the separation. Then you fill separated.

If you don't have such documents, then you fill married but with spouse unaccompanying. In this case, you'll need his medicals, PCC and proof of funds to include him.
You will also need a letter of authorisation if kids are invloved.

How about if the spouse is no longer in their picture. Eg, non payment of fees/bills and no form of communication between them. What will one do in that regard. Pls note that she most likely wants to travel with the children but the divorce could take time and the spouse is no where to be found.
Is there any alternative to travel with the kids other than letter of consent from spouse who neither communicates nor provide for the home.
Please advise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Favoredme: 7:45pm On Feb 25, 2018
1. Yes, IRCC requirement is a reference letter from your financial institution.
2b. You do not need to submit her statement of account.

You can write an LOE and do a table of your total POF as the 1st page in your POF PDF file for easy understanding by the VO (that was exactly what I did).

I did not submit my salary account statement. I submitted only a joint account statement of account and FD certificate with the bank's reference letter.

clock89:
Hello All,

Please I have a question about POF, Mutual Funds and Gift of deeds. From my research on this thread I’ve picked up a few things, please highlight any inconsistencies.
1. Most of my savings is in Mutual funds, my salary account is mostly empty save for monthly living costs. I believe I can submit just a reference letter from my Fund managers (ARM) as POF, they can also provide a Statement of Account (without submitting my salary account SOA?)

2. My savings would make up for about 50% of POF, I plan to use a gift of deed letter from my blood sister to complete the rest. I will get the deed notarized and also submit a bank statement/email alert showing the inflow.

Will that be sufficient or will I need to show that she is capable of gifting me said funds, maybe by attaching her statement of Account.?

Many thanks for your responses

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by pepe1: 7:55pm On Feb 25, 2018
hayor2014:
. all these will be sent to you via mail...

Ok thanks.

Just wanted to know whether the tests are held in the morning or noon.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by clock89: 8:38pm On Feb 25, 2018
Favoredme:
1. Yes, IRCC requirement is a reference letter from your financial institution.
2b. You do not need to submit her statement of account.

You can write an LOE and do a table of your total POF as the 1st page in your POF PDF file for easy understanding by the VO (that was exactly what I did).

I did not submit my salary account statement. I submitted only a joint account statement of account and FD certificate with the bank's reference letter.

Oh great! Thanks for the tip

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by adewumz: 9:06pm On Feb 25, 2018
I used the Cambridge materials downloaded from links on this forum. I also used ieltsliz. Two major things I learnt from ieltsliz are 1.) For the listening test, if you practice very well with past questions, you will be able to predict most answers. Even if you don't hear the answer as soon as it's played, you should be able to summarize the information in your head in order to answer the questions. At least, that worked for me. Also, one major area that makes a lot of people flop is the map labelling, which is about 5 questions. It's very hard for most Nigerians because maps are not exactly common in Nigeria. 2.) For speaking, you don't have to follow the cue card to the letter. You are not marked on task completion for the speaking test. Worry more about being able to speak fluently at length than any other thing. To conclude, practice a lot.
dokxavi:
Hi. Congratulations on getting your ielts aced at the first attempt.I want to emulate you.Please can you tell me the materials you used and how you prepared for the exam.Thanks.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by adewumz: 9:08pm On Feb 25, 2018
You can pm me here.
bestdiddy:
Hey please can you send me your email or whatsapp number. Need to clarify some things from you as a Babcock graduate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by LausDeo(m): 12:02am On Feb 26, 2018
Hi all,

I started following this thread early this year and I have been preparing to get in the pool. I just want to know WES ASSESSMENT for me and my spouse have to be done separately or it can be done together?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newbeecey: 12:29am On Feb 26, 2018
Omo, I just got cancellation mail from them today o; retards!!! even after I made same day payment after registering and sent them the required mail with all my details immediately. Things just cant work seemlessly in this country sha.

Tojued:

Please go to their office with your details and proof of payment or have someone go for you. Don't let them cancel your test date.

As for refund, you can try sha but long thing. It takes 40 days and there are terms and conditions attached.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newbeecey: 12:31am On Feb 26, 2018
Thanks. Will do that first thing 8am

tozabes:
You can call their Kano office...check the BC website for the number

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by xtosync: 1:03am On Feb 26, 2018
Separately. Please read the thread from page 0. Questions like this looks queer if you have actually been following this thread since early this year. All the best.
LausDeo:
Hi all,

I started following this thread early this year and I have been preparing to get in the pool. I just want to know WES ASSESSMENT for me and my spouse have to be done separately or it can be done together?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by edithokoye0096: 2:29am On Feb 26, 2018
edithokoye0096:

How about if the spouse is no longer in their picture. Eg, non payment of fees/bills and no form of communication between them. What will one do in that regard. Pls note that she most likely wants to travel with the children but the divorce could take time and the spouse is no where to be found.
Is there any alternative to travel with the kids other than letter of consent from spouse who neither communicates nor provide for the home.

Lawyers and seniors in the house, could you pls assist with this question. It concerns travelling with the children without your spouse and no divorce. Any other alternative?

Pls note that the man walked out on his family and is nowhere to be found thereby, stalling the divorce process.

Many thanks in anticipation.
Please advise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ysteph: 5:52am On Feb 26, 2018
@LausDeo

Please go to WES website. The answer is there.
An information as vital as what you're seeking should be gotten from the WEBSITE.

Asking this question shows you're not aware of the process. This forum is to clear ambiguity you may encounter after reading from the source.

No staff of WES is here. Take Note also that no staff of IRCC is here too. So you know.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tojued: 7:32am On Feb 26, 2018
Newbeecey:
Omo, I just got cancellation mail from them today o; retards!!! even after I made same day payment after registering and sent them the required mail with all my details immediately. Things just cant work seemlessly in this country sha.

It's not too late, go to their office this morning or have someone go for you. Hopefully you still get your original date.

Things can work seamlessly in this country, BC are just basically inefficient and insensitive. I'd advice anyone who doesn't have time for manual processing to go for MOD.

Exactly the same thing happened to me I was forming busy and almost lost my date. Meanwhile refund is technically impossible.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.