Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,525 members, 7,812,638 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1292534 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 24, 2018
DICKtator:

It is actually "advise" not "advice" . No wonder your W is 6.0

Please don't be offended, just joking with you oooooo , well, except for the advise/advice part

grin grin grin grin

No disrespect but this is a tasteless joke, low and quite insensitive. It’s wrong in all facets. Warm Regards.

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by justbazick: 9:38am On Feb 24, 2018
Kevmith:

No, and pls stick with British Council... I won’t recommend IDP

Just curious, why would you not recommend IDP? Is this based on the listening test only?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by loudlumi: 9:41am On Feb 24, 2018
Thanks @blessing for this. @nat137 calm down and read between the lines.
blessings2017:

Just to correct, medicals is required at the point of submission after ITA . Not after AOR. You're given AOR after submission of the required documents, your medical report inclusive.

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by justbazick: 9:49am On Feb 24, 2018
hayor2014:
I wrote the exam at MOD IDP and no earphones when I wrote my exam

How was the experience using speakers?. I am planning to use MOD IDP as the next available date for BC is too far.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Canadianfly: 10:27am On Feb 24, 2018
Godsaysyes:
Canadafly....I must say this is the first time that I’m impressed with your response(I dey my house, coman beat me). God bless you for this candid advice. It’ll end well IJN.

Sharrap dia grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by coolangel54(f): 10:35am On Feb 24, 2018
angry angry
CNNN:
I need a recommendation. A good IELTS Tutor class in BENIN CITY. Thanks
Please I intend registering in Benin since I live in Ughelli? Please guide me on what to do and the steps to follow after paying and getting my bank draft from the bank. Secondly house, is there MOD centres in the South South precisely Benin,Asaba or Port-Harcourt? Please I NEED DIRECTIONS.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Canadianfly: 10:39am On Feb 24, 2018
Guitarlife:

This leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
If it was a joke then it clearly is an epic fail, you can't make a joke of someones misery that's so wrong.

Y'all are some sensitive bunch. Abeg leave DICKtator alone. Dude spoke the truth. That was an epic post hahahaha cheesy

The truth is bitter, but most Nigerians write very poorly. Using the wrong spellings and words. Example of the common mistakes people make in their writing are:

Choose vs. chose - folks don't know which one is present or past.

I'm vs. Am - Nigerians love to write Am instead of I'm. That na epic fail

Advise vs. Advice - one is a verb the other na noun.

Asses vs. Access - well this one depends on your dialect and H factor-ness grin

The list goes on. Truth is, once you miss the correct spellings and use of words at primary school level, good luck tryna gain it back in life. Also for those of una wey dey plan go back to school when you reach Canada, just know that North American education is highly dependent on writing papers. Them no be like Naija and Britain wey dey give exam every time. You can be asked to submit a paper every week in Canada, and if you dey write all these yeye words, na serious F you go dey get. There's no sorting lecturer or sleeping with professor either grin

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kevmith: 10:47am On Feb 24, 2018
justbazick:

Just curious, why would you not recommend IDP? Is this based on the listening test only?

1.The listening is major, it’s hard to get 8 with IDP but easier with BC, but it’s easy to get 8 or even 9 with reading in IDP

2. Their EOR IS 46k which is notbtalistic in any way to much risk for no upgrade

3. They commit fraud on their EOR. Mine wasn’t sent I was issue a letter that my result was unchanged but when I contacted Australia they said they never received it.

Don’t be deceived by their quick response to mail and the water they give you in exam hall it’s just 2 cartons of water BC has thousands of candidates but they are managing just fine

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by hayor2014(m): 11:04am On Feb 24, 2018
justbazick:

How was the experience using speakers?. I am planning to use MOD IDP as the next available date for BC is too far.
. one has to increase his/her concentration level one notch,thank God I had 8.5 with IDP,though I understand that IDP will start using head phones by March,you could call them to confirm
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 24, 2018
Canadianfly:

Y'all are some sensitive bunch. Abeg leave DICKtator alone. Dude spoke the truth. That was an epic post hahahaha cheesy

The truth is bitter, but most Nigerians write very poorly. Using the wrong spellings and words. Example of the common mistakes people make in their writing are:

Choose vs. chose - folks don't know which one is present or past.

I'm vs. Am - Nigerians love to write Am instead of I'm. That na epic fail

Advise vs. Advice - one is a verb the other na noun.

Asses vs. Access - well this one depends on your dialect and H factor-ness grin

The list goes on. Truth is, once you miss the correct spellings and use of words at primary school level, good luck tryna gain it back in life. Also for those of una wey dey plan go back to school when you reach Canada, just know that North American education is highly dependent on writing papers. Them no be like Naija and Britain wey dey give exam every time. You can be asked to submit a paper every week in Canada, and if you dey write all these yeye words, na serious F you go dey get. There's no sorting lecturer or sleeping with professor either grin
I agree some people have to make others feel less for them to have some sense of worth.
Fingers are not same remember that. These much arrogance and subtle self aggradizement is rather disappointing.

If you have to pass a message learn to do same with some air of humility. If some people you think you are better than had half the opportunity you had they'd be CEOs of oil comopanies so why the noise ?

46 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by justbazick: 11:16am On Feb 24, 2018
hayor2014:
. one has to increase his/her concentration level one notch,thank God I had 8.5 with IDP,though I understand that IDP will start using head phones by March,you could call them to confirm

Thanks.. i called them and they mentioned they have both. How about the speaking test though?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by justbazick: 11:17am On Feb 24, 2018
Kevmith:

1.The listening is major, it’s hard to get 8 with IDP but easier with BC, but it’s easy to get 8 or even 9 with reading in IDP

2. Their EOR IS 46k which is notbtalistic in any way to much risk for no upgrade

3. They commit fraud on their EOR. Mine wasn’t sent I was issue a letter that my result was unchanged but when I contacted Australia they said they never received it.

Don’t be deceived by their quick response to mail and the water they give you in exam hall it’s just 2 cartons of water BC has thousands of candidates but they are managing just fine

Hmnnn... i guess i understand now...Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by CheekyGirl: 11:32am On Feb 24, 2018
You know, I would have really appreciated your ADVISE rather than the mockery you tried to make of me. You can also do better with the use of punctuation marks.

But then, what do I know? I scored a 6.0 in Writing after all.

DICKtator:

It is actually "advise" not "advice" . No wonder your W is 6.0

Please don't be offended, just joking with you oooooo , well, except for the advise/advice part

grin grin grin grin

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DadR: 11:45am On Feb 24, 2018
Hi Bro, congrats on the successful outcome of your remark. Please I need some clarification regarding writing IELTS at MOD IDP.

Like how many people were in your center?
Was their speaker(s) audible enough?
Is their way of conduct of exam same as BC's or different?
Any other useful info?

Thank you

hayor2014:
Thank God for me and join me in celebrating..
MOD IDP remark came after 10days and writing was increased,new Crs is 449,and I av got my money back....result now is LRSW 8.5, 7,7.5,7.....for people who think IDP is to be avoided.....I think I would rather pay 46K and know my fate than 15K and wait 12weeks...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by thekingskiddy(m): 12:45pm On Feb 24, 2018
Hello all, Please I have a couple of questions.
1) Regarding the proof of funds. If I have 2 accounts in the same bank and I have my POF in one of the accounts. I imagine that my bank will mention in their letter that I have 2 accounts with them and give the details and account balance etc. My question is this, for the Statement of account dating 6 months, am I required to also include statement of account for my other account (which does not contain POF money) in that bank?

2) Will I need to submit my birth certificate at some point in the PR application process? If so, must it be from the National population commission? The one I have is the one my parents got from the Local government when i was born in those days (haha).

3) I do not seem to see any space for document upload in the PR application form so far. Will it be after submitting the application that one gets the opportunity to attach documents?

Forgive my plenty question.

I hope gurus in the house can shed light on these.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 12:46pm On Feb 24, 2018
CheekyGirl:
You know, I would have really appreciated your ADVISE rather than the mockery you tried to make of me. You can also do better with the use of punctuation marks.

If you got spare cash, I would suggest you request EOR and do another IELTS while waiting. I can understand how you’re feeling presently but relax, it’ll end in praise.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Fanyeofori: 12:46pm On Feb 24, 2018
Swthrt, really sorry abt ur W grade. Don't give up, it will surely end in praise. D fact is dat there can neva be a perfect way to correct someone. So I'd advise u look @ d positive side of things and work on ur spellings.
Social media writing styles isn't helping matters @all! I'm equally a victim of wrong spellings dez days!

@Canadianfly, I ve mixed feelings towards u! Sometimes I feel like stoning u and other times, I just feel like blowing u kisses for being a blunt truthful Nigerian, sth/smone uncommon! U can get very very nasty dow!
CheekyGirl:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Canadianfly: 12:49pm On Feb 24, 2018
Guitarlife:

I agree some people have to make others feel less for them to have some sense of worth.
Fingers are not same remember that. These much arrogance and subtle self aggradizement is rather disappointing.

If you have to pass a message learn to do same with some air of humility. If some people you think you are better than had half the opportunity you had they'd be CEOs of oil comopanies so why the noise ?

And this your post right here is the reason why the Nigerian education system is appalling and begging for mercy. You correct someone's English, all of sudden you're branded ITK, arrogant and proud. I'm not even surprised, I didn't expect anything else. I've been called worse. Check history and get in line. It won't change who I am or how I post. Take your emotions out of it grin

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Dictakor correcting the poster. But y'all Nigerians would rather gang up and call someone English master than actually take the correction. Dictator is not the one with a 6.0 in Writing neither am I. So whether the poster takes correction or not, makes no difference to me. kiss

Oh an ps: talking about opportunities I had, y'all probably think I be wan butty private school bred woman. On the contrary, I actually attended public schools. But I had a keen interest in reading and improving my English, and I love research. Doesn't make me better than anyone, just makes me someone who likes to acquire knowledge. And you know what they say, knowledge is power. wink Also you need to widen your understanding of success. Being the CEO of an oil company doesn't mean you are successful, well except you have poverty mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Canadianfly: 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2018
Fanyeofori:

@Canadianfly, I ve mixed feelings towards u! Sometimes I feel like stoning u and other times, I just feel like blowing u kisses for being a blunt truthful Nigerian, sth/smone uncommon! U can get very very nasty dow!

Buhahaha! Y'all know you love me deep down your hearts. I love y'all too. grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2018
coolangel54:
angry angry
Please I intend registering in Benin since I live in Ughelli? Please guide me on what to do and the steps to follow after paying and getting my bank draft from the bank. Secondly house, is there MOD centres in the South South precisely Benin,Asaba or Port-Harcourt? Please I NEED DIRECTIONS.

Can’t you get someone to help you out in states where there’s BC offices? It’s more straightforward than this online thing.

Secondly, MOD centres are only in Lagos and Abuja presently.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 12:53pm On Feb 24, 2018
I couldn't agree more. While at it, check all sections when requesting for the AOR.....maybe we can get the money back even if you do not get the 7 in writing.

Godsaysyes:

If you got spare cash, I would suggest you request EOR and do another IELTS while waiting. I can understand how you’re feeling presently but relax, it’ll end in praise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 24, 2018
Congrats!! Please i sent you a PM. Would like to clarify a few things as per UNN and WES.
tozabes:
Abeg make una helep me thank God o...my IELTS result below

L. 9.0
R. 9.0
W. 7.5
S. 7.5

Feeling blessed...abeg WES and UNN be fast so i can dive into the pool

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by CheekyGirl: 1:18pm On Feb 24, 2018
Thank you! That's what I have decided to do.

Godsaysyes:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 24, 2018
thekingskiddy:
Hello all, Please I have a couple of questions.
1) Regarding the proof of funds. If I have 2 accounts in the same bank and I have my POF in one of the accounts. I imagine that my bank will mention in their letter that I have 2 accounts with them and give the details and account balance etc. My question is this, for the Statement of account dating 6 months, am I required to also include statement of account for my other account (which does not contain POF money) in that bank?

2) Will I need to submit my birth certificate at some point in the PR application process? If so, must it be from the National population commission? The one I have is the one my parents got from the Local government when i was born in those days (haha).

3) I do not seem to see any space for document upload in the PR application form so far. Will it be after submitting the application that one gets the opportunity to attach documents?

Forgive my plenty question.

I hope gurus in the house can shed light on these.

1. No. Submit the bank statement for the first account only. In fact, you don't need to submit bank statement if the letter is in CIC's format. People do add it to bolster their application when they are unable to collect the letter in CIC's format.

2. Birth certificate is required for dependent children and those people who claimed points for siblings only.

3. Have you finished filling out your forms? If not, just continue, the space will show up once you finish ( i.e before you submit your application).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by CheekyGirl: 1:23pm On Feb 24, 2018
Thanks a bunch!

happytbaby:
I couldn't agree more. While at it, check all sections when requesting for the AOR.....maybe we can get the money back even if you do not get the 7 in writing.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by coolangel54(f): 1:49pm On Feb 24, 2018
Godsaysyes:

Can’t you get someone to help you out in states where there’s BC offices? It’s more straightforward than this online thing.

Secondly, MOD centres are only in Lagos and Abuja presently.
Please lets talk more as regard the help you can offer. I never knew someone can actually help you register it and getting a reliable person is also an issue. Benin is not far though and I can go there after raising my bandraft. Please where exactly in Benin is BC located? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by hayor2014(m): 1:52pm On Feb 24, 2018
justbazick:

Thanks.. i called them and they mentioned they have both. How the speaking test though?

In my opinion,I prefer the speaking test at MOD IDP,the examiner was really friendly when I wrote the test,he was really friendly and amiable,my anxiety disappeared as soon as he started talking with me,he made the whole encounter as relaxed as possible.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by justbazick: 1:54pm On Feb 24, 2018
hayor2014:

In my opinion,I prefer the speaking test at MOD IDP,the examiner was really friendly when I wrote the test,he was really friendly and amiable,my anxiety disappeared as soon as he started talking with me,he made the whole encounter as relaxed as possible.

Thanks a lot. You have been very helpful.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 24, 2018
coolangel54:

Please lets talk more as regard the help you can offer. I never knew someone can actually help you register it and getting a reliable person is also an issue. Benin is not far though and I can go there after raising my bandraft. Please where exactly in Benin is BC located? Thanks.

You can PM me, I can help you out. No worry, if I want to chop money, I’ll change to a snake or monkey......na those ones sure pass. I don’t know about Benin, I stay in PHC and BC office is at Olu Obasanjo. Regards.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tozabes: 2:14pm On Feb 24, 2018
There's no BC in Benin, i believe Godsaysyes meant you should get someone in Lagos to help u register...on another note though, online payments are working...i paid online for mine and my hubby did his a few weeks ago...I noticed confirmation is faster if the account you paid from has the same name you registered with

coolangel54:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tozabes: 2:24pm On Feb 24, 2018
Congratulations...this is really inspiring...thank God for His grace

Ambidextrause:
Hello Good People,

I got PUM today!!! And I wish to share my story as a testimony to God's glory and in the hopes that someone might be encouraged, inspired, and motivated. (This post may be a bit long. Sorry)

AOR was July 25, 2017

At first, my application was refused. And as I read the refusal letter with shivers down my spine, I figured the VO based his/her decision singularly on insufficient funds. I was beyond crestfallen. I could not even wish that on my enemy. It came on an afternoon and I thanked God I did not drive to work that day cos I would't know how I would have fared behind the wheels. More painful was the fact that the rejection/refusal came after 134 days of agonizing wait! I had been so expectant since I felt I had satisfied every requirement. Meanwhile, a spike in FOREX rates around early August 2017 had relegated my POF below the LICO by 330CAD. Can you imagine that?! undecided undecided

I bottled it up. Never opened my mouth to tell a soul. I did not want to share the heartbreak with my family and close friends who knew I was on this train. So I reached out to my e-friends on this platform, chief of whom are Blackbuddy, 40manlappy, and GlitteringStar for solace and advice. I felt the reason for refusal was flimsy -- they thought so too. I was going to appeal!

Now, up until then, it's not been a common thing to see a refusal decision reversed. But my case was going to be different as I went to God in my unspeakable pain and disappointment. I cast all the burden on him with hope and faith. As advised, I sent the first email and raised a CSE showing that I indeed satisfied the POF requirement, with updated POF attached. After 3 days, my appeal was rejected. It was so devastating but I kept my cool. While me e-friends were following-up and asking for updates, I only told them IRCC were yet to respond. I kept praying. One week passed. Two weeks. Nothing. So, I sent another email, trying to make them see my point. I was begging for mercy, as advised. Failed again.

I had given up, turning my sights on PNP as my CRS had dropped to 427 and no chance of having the draws smile on me. This was January this year. Then on one Sunday evening, Tosin, who also experienced same, reached out to me again, saying I couldn't just be quiet and be waiting or just give up. Then I heard a little voice saying I should try again. I sent another email on Monday but instead got a refund of my RPRF. Damn! I caught a cold that night. Managed to get home. Struggled through the week. Then God provoked me himself - a colleague of mine, who applied after me, got PPR. We congratulated him but I was very sad deep inside. Mine was coming, I shrugged. That night, I drafted another email - this time stating my utter displeasure and showing the unfairness in the refusal decision - and I sent it directly to the minister! I remember I said a silent prayer before clicking the send button: Lord, don't let this one return the way others did.

The next day, I saw a notification, my application had been reopened. I was asked to pay the 490CAD RPRF. I returned the money they had earlier rejected back to them. 3 days later, I got PPR! Now happening so fast I could barely remember the pains I had felt a month ago. I was overjoyed and broke the news to my family and friends - they did not know the underlying story, did not need to. The devil is a liar!!! grin grin grin

AOR to PPR = 184 days

I want to appreciate the selfless efforts of everyone on this platform. And to those of us expecting one thing or the other on this Canadian journey, God will make it all end in praise. Thank you all! God bless!!!

And Wura27 should be ready to add me to that WhatsApp group. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tozabes: 2:28pm On Feb 24, 2018
I've not seen your pm...but it's better you ask your question here...so that even Baba mcstan can chook mouth for your matter

Sandydav:
Congrats!! Please i sent you a PM. Would like to clarify a few things as per UNN and WES.

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (628)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.