Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,191 members, 7,825,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1301108 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 6:48am On Dec 10, 2017
The POF hustle is real embarassed

Days are counting down
God help me get through it so I can submit my application.

Amen!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 6:52am On Dec 10, 2017
Hello all,

Please a quick question

If someone has travel history to Ghana from about 10 years ago ( almost a month less) but doesn’t have the details or Proof of Travel History.

Can they exempt that information to avoid not being able to provide additional information?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by rchilee: 7:05am On Dec 10, 2017
einsteino:
if you got your application for Permanent Residence closed due to insufficient POF(as a result of exchange rate spike), do not fret and do not start allover. Instead raise a CSE with an LOE appealing for your application to be re-opened.

it appears instead of receiving an ADR for POF, some people get their application rejected due to the shortfall in POF caused by the disparity in exchange rate at the time of submission versus the time their app was looked into. Rather than speak up here or solicit for help and advice, they keep mute, licking their wounds. as much as we like to hear goodnews of PPR, you shouldnt shy away from bringing up PR rejection to the house, so folks in here could advise you.

I would like you all to know that yesterday, someone whose App was rejected due to a shortfall of 300 cad in his POF, after being advised by "Adegirl" to raise a CSE accompanied by an LOE which he did, got his app reopened within 48hrs by IRCC. below are screenshots to attest.

scrrenshot 1: when his app was rejected due to POF
screenshot 2: when his app was reopened after lodging a CSE

Many thanks to "Adegirl"

thank God they can re-open it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 10, 2017
Congrats! I claim this type of processing speed in Jesus name.
emmasite05:
Hi People,
I got PPR a while ago. Timeline from AOR to PPR was 26 days.

AOR--8th Nov
MEP/IP1--24th Nov
NA 2--27th Nov
IP2--30th Nov
PPR-- 4th Dec

I give God all the praise for the expedited processing.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by einsteino(m): 7:36am On Dec 10, 2017
elfmann:
There must be.. ITA cut-off has nothing on these Vietnamese. Ielts madness no catch those philipinos, Iraqis, Eritreans.. Chai. Afghans too.. Na refugees?

abi? see syria na.. in 2014 they werent among top 20 countries sef, all of a sudden in 2015 their numbers rose from about 2000 to 34,000 securing them 3rd place. i think refugees, asylum seekers and other pathways make up a huge percentage of permanent residents.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by einsteino(m): 7:43am On Dec 10, 2017
Julie2018:
The POF hustle is real embarassed

Days are counting down
God help me get through it so I can submit my application.

Amen!

i understand your plight, I have been there. Dont lose hope, and dont relent. By God's grace you would pull through.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by emmasite05(m): 7:59am On Dec 10, 2017
Julie2018:
I need this timeline. Amen!!

Congratulations

Please can I send you a personal message

Thanks. Please do feel free to send the PM.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 8:08am On Dec 10, 2017
Amen o!!

Please what did you use as POF?
einsteino:

i understand your plight, I have been there. Dont lose hope, and dont relent. By God's grace you would pull through.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Oladainty(f): 8:08am On Dec 10, 2017
Hello Everyone, I'm a silent reader. Great job to everyone on this thread and I wish us all success in the race.
Please, I would like to know if medicals can be done during pregnancy?
@superdoll @wizean @nwandy218 kindly share your experience.
I would appreciate other people contribution too.
Thank you in anticipation.
Happy Sunday
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 8:09am On Dec 10, 2017
Thanks God bless you!

I am hopeful God will do it
einsteino:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by einsteino(m): 8:15am On Dec 10, 2017
Julie2018:
Amen o!!

Please what did you use as POF?
Gift deed. 100% of the funds was gifted to me, i had not one naira to add. so you see, I really have been in your shoes or worse. within the time it took me to sort out POF, my ITA date mates got PPR. but life na per head, we all would be fine in the end.. just keep your strength.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by victor83(m): 8:23am On Dec 10, 2017
victor83:
Good evening great people. Please inhale a question..on feeling the application form on line, there are 2 columns under statutory questions in the personal history column that asks similar questions on refusal of visa or refugee immigration. The 2 questions seems similar but I doubt if they mean the same thing. I was denied US and UK visas in 2002 and 2007 but after that I have been to those countries at least a dozen time after the denials. the question is this do I indicate the denials for the 2 questions or which of the questions should have a yes for denials.
sorry for the long epistle

Good morning people.. can someone assist with the question above? Gold bless and happy sunday
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 8:23am On Dec 10, 2017
Nice!

Did the funds stay there for 6 months or for a lesser period of time? And did you put it in a fixed deposit?
Sorry for the many questions
einsteino:

Gift deed. 100% of the funds was gifted to me, i had not one naira to add. so you see, I really have been in your shoes or worse. within the time it took me to sort out POF, my ITA date mates got PPR. but life na per head, we all would be fine in the end.. just keep your strength.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Via36: 8:36am On Dec 10, 2017
Thanks MurphzBee. I appreciate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by einsteino(m): 8:47am On Dec 10, 2017
Julie2018:
Nice!

Did the funds stay there for 6 months or for a lesser period of time? And did you put it in a fixed deposit?
Sorry for the many questions

for Gift deed, funds doesnt need to wait for 6months. your gift deed, affidavit and evidence of transfer from donor helps to explain the source of the lump sum. Your pof can be shown in SOA, Fixed deposit, TBills etc.

for sample of gift deed letter, and more details.. check page 0 of this thread or part 2.

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Smile4mee01: 8:52am On Dec 10, 2017
Hello everyone.

I am hoping to re locate to canada early 2018. Either as a student or PR. I am currently a banker in nigeria, 33 yrs , single , male, reasonably comfortable. I am not in a serious relationship but would love to be in one and hopefully get married soon. I am wondering if my decision to relocate would affect my prospects of being married soon. There is a female colleague of mine I have been thinking of, but don't want to commit to it then travel away. So i don't break anybody heart.

Please let me know your thought.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 9:04am On Dec 10, 2017
Please I sent you a personal message.

Kindly check your email.

God bless.
einsteino:

for Gift deed, funds doesnt need to wait for 6months. your gift deed, affidavit and evidence of transfer from donor helps to explain the source of the lump sum. Your pof can be shown in SOA, Fixed deposit, TBills etc.

for sample of gift deed letter, and more details.. check page 0 of this thread or part 2.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by rchilee: 9:34am On Dec 10, 2017
Smile4mee01:
Hello everyone.

I am hoping to re locate to canada early 2018. Either as a student or PR. I am currently a banker in nigeria, 33 yrs , single , male, reasonably comfortable. I am not in a serious relationship but would love to be in one and hopefully get married soon. I am wondering if my decision to relocate would affect my prospects of being married soon. There is a female colleague of mine I have been thinking of, but don't want to commit to it then travel away. So i don't break anybody heart.

Read page 0 of this thread for your relocation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by einsteino(m): 9:36am On Dec 10, 2017
Smile4mee01:
Hello everyone.

grin wink cheesy grin

no vex say i dey laugh o.. baba dey reason say e fit see chasis babes for canada wey e go like pass e colleague, wether e no go just chill to reach canada perhaps run oyibo or e fit easilyy catch single canadian based nigerian wey go dey phonerise. it sounds funny to me, that u r worried about it.

well if you like your colleague, you can approach her and marry her before your ppr, so she can come along with u. i believe there are single nigerian females in canada too but you would have to find ways to meet. if you are not an outgoing person in naija, it would likely be alot more difficult. mind you in canada, you would be busy trying to settle down, hustle job, and learn a new way of life.. adding the immediate need of getting married to it, may be another stress. but its up to you.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by laitway: 11:17am On Dec 10, 2017
@Blackbuddy,

hi bro.please check your PM.
or better still you can send me an email on laitway@gmail.com; would love to ask you a few questions.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 7stargeneralady: 11:25am On Dec 10, 2017
babyoj:
hi, i dont think you will have a problem with this plan from what i have read from this thread, the only issue i see here is when you add your child. cos i remember someone was refused here because she added a child and also the post ITA marriage certificate. the refusal was because from the date of the certificate, the only dependent should have been the spouse, meaning she lied pre ITA about her dependents.
Thanks a lot, I'm not really clear about what you wrote, i added a dependant already where they asked for dependents but since I'm not yet legally married I filled as single. I'm getting married legally next year so my marriage certificates date will be post ITA. So did the person omit her child as a dependent pre ITA because there's really no part of the form that asks for children, only dependent. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 7stargeneralady: 11:27am On Dec 10, 2017
babyoj:
hi, i dont think you will have a problem with this plan from what i have read from this thread, the only issue i see here is when you add your child. cos i remember someone was refused here because she added a child and also the post ITA marriage certificate. the refusal was because from the date of the certificate, the only dependent should have been the spouse, meaning she lied pre ITA about her dependents.
Thanks a lot, I'm not really clear about what you wrote, i added a dependant(my child) already where they asked for dependents but since I'm not yet legally married I filled as single. I'm getting married legally next year so my marriage certificates date will be post ITA. So did the person omit her child as a dependent pre ITA because there's really no part of the form that asks for children, only dependent. Thanks in anticipation Also please do you know the person nairaland name so I can clarify from her
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by liricaliblunt(f): 11:37am On Dec 10, 2017
Freeman59:
Guys I just applied for IELTS. yes it's a bit elementary but if anyone has links to study materials, videos etc that can help me get a good score, pls send here or to ifeanyichukwuabani@gmail.com

Thanks.

Please, can you help with the cost of IELTS?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Fanyeofori: 11:54am On Dec 10, 2017
bbaby84:

You should evaluate both degrees to get maximum points. It's usually those with master's or PHD that are advised to evaluate their masters or PHD alone..
tx so much for dis info. Didn't know about this. Tx
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 7stargeneralady: 12:38pm On Dec 10, 2017
liricaliblunt:

Please, can you help with the cost of IELTS?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by liricaliblunt(f): 1:49pm On Dec 10, 2017
7stargeneralady:

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Junnaid: 2:02pm On Dec 10, 2017
A. good day to our elders in the house. please i need some clarifications on my soon to begin PR journey. after calculating my score using crs tool i discovered that for me to have good chance i need to select spouse not accompany. now my queries are as follows:
1. will my spouse and children need to do medicals as the the time i will be filing my application if i receive ITA considering they are not accompanying yet?
2. will i add their passport details, her educational certificates and her police clearance to my application?

B. now to my credential evaluation, please i have the following queries?
1. which assessing body should i use considering that i have ND, HND and a two years professional graduate diploma (not a post graduate diploma) in urban and regional planning, all from Yaba college of technology?
2. will there be any difference in evaluating the PGD and HND in terms of point (will the PGD give me a professional diploma or masters point)? if there wont be then i should rather not waste money but evaluate mi ND and HND; if it will give me two or certificates point (it reduces cost of applying for PGD transcript).
3. again my PGD programme is a full time programme, hope it wont affect the years of experience i intend to claim as i was equally working full time during this period. hence will IRCC not remove the period of these programme from my years of experience?
4. how true is it that the visa fee is 1040 CAD and there is a landing fee of 460CAD?
5. finally, which of the assessing body recognises yaba college of technology as i didnt see it on WES site?
thanks for your mildness and perseverance in reading my long question. anticipating your kind responses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 10, 2017
You want us to read ur many questions but u don't want to read even d page 0 for their answers. I still believe u know d answers, just want them tagged on ur moniker.. Folks with strength for repetition over to u!
Junnaid:
A. good day to our elders in the house. please i need some clarifications on my soon to begin PR journey. after calculating my score using crs tool i discovered that for me to have good chance i need to select spouse not accompany. now my queries are as follows:
1. will my spouse and children need to do medicals as the the time i will be filing my application if i receive ITA considering they are not accompanying yet?
2. will i add their passport details, her educational certificates and her police clearance to my application?

1. which assessing body should i use considering that i have ND, HND and a two years professional graduate diploma (not a post graduate diploma) in urban and regional planning, all from Yaba college of technology?
2. will there be any difference in evaluating the PGD and HND in terms of point (will the PGD give me a professional diploma or masters point)? if there wont be then i should rather not waste money but evaluate mi ND and HND; if it will give me two or certificates point (it reduces cost of applying for PGD transcript).
3. again my PGD programme is a full time programme, hope it wont affect the years of experience i intend to claim as i was equally working full time during this period. hence will IRCC not remove the period of these programme from my years of experience?
4. how true is it that the visa fee is 1040 CAD and there is a landing fee of 460CAD?
5. finally, which of the assessing body recognises yaba college of technology as i didnt see it on WES site?
thanks for your mildness and perseverance in reading my long question. anticipating your kind responses.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by optionese: 2:39pm On Dec 10, 2017
Deebay:

Hi, thanks for your previous response. GS posted a comment she got from a forum that the your action is required thing is a technical glitch. I got no mail of ADR, no open link in the view submitted application both for express entry and permanent residence. The thing is that this 'your action is required is showing both for pr and express entry column. If I say I am not bothered eh na lie.
I sent them a mail, hoping to hear from them soon.
The only mail I got is update as regards the UCI I was given. BG is showing your application is in progress
Med has changed from you don't need to if you need. I pray it gets resolved soon.
Thanks

Am sure this has since changed to Meds Passed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekchic(f): 2:53pm On Dec 10, 2017
CannyMode:
It’s PPR people!
It’s been a long journey but still thankful to God.

Timeline
Family of 3
AOR 28 April
Med passed 7th August
NA2 8th August
ADR 15th August (Schedule A)
IP2 5th December
PPR 8th December
VO London
US Visa refusal

I pray it all ends in praise for everyone.
Congratulations. Please when did you get ITA and when did you submit
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by taif(f): 2:54pm On Dec 10, 2017
optionese:

The wisest way to do this would be to get a lawyer involved and go to family court to formally adopt the child. It should be a smooth process since the mother consents to this . Speak to @perks for guidance.

I don't advice you to just change the surname .people change their minds all the time. Have a formal document

I will do as u say.thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by optionese: 3:09pm On Dec 10, 2017
Junnaid:

Go to page 0 of the thread and click on the link (it will take you to part two) also use the search button to find relevant information. Narrow you search to travel section.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.