Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,856 members, 7,824,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1300231 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by wurdz: 11:44am On Mar 05, 2018
Responded.

Teepearls:
Thanks. Kindly check your inbox.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Inception12: 12:01pm On Mar 05, 2018
Hello people, another quick question. Am currently waiting for my WES evaluation and my predited score is 438. I've seen online that if you've passed ACCA papers F1 to F9, they award you with an Advanced Diploma in Accounting & Business. Am currently planning to sit for my last papers (P4 and P5) in June so i should be qualifiying for this award.

With a BSc only, my score is 438, but if i instead put 2 or more certificates, my score goes to 478. Am wondering if anyone has ever evaluated ACCA with WES for only the diploma part and gotten a good answer from them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 12:12pm On Mar 05, 2018
Don't quit before you even start. Both of you should write IELTS and aim for the highest possible score. Evaluate all degrees you have and then watch out for PNP programs that open from time to time if all fails. We do not give up in this thread. May the odds be in your favour.
shubraba:
Good morning my wonderful e family. Weldone all

I have invested my time in reading this thread
we have started this process by registering for our ielts exams

we have an issue
we calcuatated my Crs score with the highest Ielts score and I was at 405

This has made us sad
we are thinking of quitting

I have only Bsc with more than 10 years working experience I am 35 years old.

My husband is 38 he has PDG and also has more than 10 years working experience before he became self employed but his marks are also low

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 12:14pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ethelia:
hi everyone, I have a question.

So I'm at the final stage of the application where I'm cross checking documents to ensure all the details are correct...

Regarding NYSC, do I need reflect the 3 weeks camp period in the personal history section? Because currently I have listed it as unemployed (I am using my 1year NYSC work period as my work experience and my reference letter clearly mentions I was there under NYSC)

Any response is appreciated smiley

Still waiting... any help please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 05, 2018
cc @GlitteringStar
Ethelia:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nat138: 12:22pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ethelia:

Most NYSC reference letters I've seen usually cover the three weeks period so it will be effective eg Nov - Oct/Nov.
If the reference you've gotten covers the period, please you were not unemployed in those three weeks o. After all the govt's contract started with you once you stepped your feet in camp grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nat138: 12:27pm On Mar 05, 2018
Inception12:
Hello people, another quick question. Am currently waiting for my WES evaluation and my predited score is 438. I've seen online that if you've passed ACCA papers F1 to F9, they award you with an Advanced Diploma in Accounting & Business. Am currently planning to sit for my last papers (P4 and P5) in June so i should be qualifiying for this award.

With a BSc only, my score is 438, but if i instead put 2 or more certificates, my score goes to 478. Am wondering if anyone has ever evaluated ACCA with WES for only the diploma part and gotten a good answer from them.

Wow! See the massive changes in the scores (40points!). There have been discussions on this thread around ACCA evaluation, please use the search tab and search for ACCA under the travel section. Some useful information should come up.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 12:34pm On Mar 05, 2018
Aig84:

grin grin thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 12:37pm On Mar 05, 2018
nat138:

Most NYSC reference letters I've seen usually cover the three weeks period so it will be effective eg Nov - Oct/Nov.
If the reference you've gotten covers the period, please you were not unemployed in those three weeks o. After all the govt's contract started with you once you stepped your feet in camp grin

Lol, mine doesn't include the camp period which is why I'm bothered.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by coolangel54(f): 12:38pm On Mar 05, 2018
IELTS is now N75,000. GOD HELP US O

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nat138: 12:43pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ethelia:

Lol, mine doesn't include the camp period which is why I'm bothered.

Ah in that case, you might need to exclude the 3 weeks unless it is possible for you to contact the said employer to backdate. That is so annoying, this is something employers should be doing for NYSC even without being told. If a someone served in your organisation for their entire NYSC period, I don't think three weeks should matter.
If you can't get them to backdate then you might have to forgo the three weeks. But that won't be a full year, whew!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 12:47pm On Mar 05, 2018
nat138:

Ah in that case, you might need to exclude the 3 weeks unless it is possible for you to contact the said employer to backdate. That is so annoying, this is something employers should be doing for NYSC even without being told. If a someone served in your organisation for their entire NYSC period, I don't think three weeks should matter.
If you can't get them to backdate then you might have to forgo the three weeks. But that won't be a full year, whew!

I had a few months NYSC extension and the company also retained me. So in all I worked for almost 2 years. My issue is what to put for that 3 weeks camp period because getting the company to backdate the letter to cover that period is not feasible.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by coolangel54(f): 12:51pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ethelia:

I had a few months NYSC extension and the company also retained me. So in all I worked for almost 2 years. My issue is what to put for that 3 weeks camp period because getting the company to backdate the letter to cover that period is not feasible.
Did you go back to your PPA to get it? What if the current principal of the school wasn't the one there when you served? I served in a very rural area without light, water and network coverage, that is why I am asking for details of how to get my reference from there.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ethelia:
hi everyone, I have a question.

So I'm at the final stage of the application where I'm cross checking documents to ensure all the details are correct...

Regarding NYSC, do I need reflect the 3 weeks camp period in the personal history section? Because currently I have listed it as unemployed (I am using my 1year NYSC work period as my work experience and my reference letter clearly mentions I was there under NYSC)

Any response is appreciated smiley

How did you count the one year without including the 3 weeks camp period? I used my NYSC work experience too and I included the 3 weeks camp period because without including the camp period, the NYSC work period will be less than one year.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nat138: 12:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ethelia:

Where you employed prior to the 3weeks period in question? Are you claiming points for that employment? If yes then put unemployed for the three weeks but if you are not claiming points for it, you could lump it together with the prior employment. Three weeks is just such a negligible time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Canadianfly: 12:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
My candid advice to the newbies joining this thread and asking questions, please READ PAGE ZERO of this thread. Some come and say they've been reading, and yet ask questions that clearly shows the person just heard about Canada as a country. Page 370 to 373 is a bunch of newbies asking questions and fellow newbies responding incorrectly. A case of blind people leading each other. Please guys, you need to research this thing you want to get into well!!!! Asking question like how do I register and pay for IELTS is a sign that you don't even know what is ahead. Because you get instructions that are clear on how to pay, yet that task alone is still difficult.
Research research research! Don't rely on anyone to answer your question as they may be unconsciously giving you wrong information. Good luck to y'all

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 12:57pm On Mar 05, 2018
GlitteringStar:

How did you count the one year without including the 3 weeks camp period? I used my NYSC work experience too and I included the 3 weeks camp period because without including the camp period, the NYSC work period will be less than one year.

I had NYSC extension for a few months and they also retained me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nat138: 12:57pm On Mar 05, 2018
coolangel54:

Did you go back to your PPA to get it? What if the current principal of the school wasn't the one there when you served? I served in a very rural area without light, water and network coverage, that is why I am asking for details of how to get my reference from there.

You only know the best way to get your reference, if you need to go back then by all means do. If there is someone there you can call to do so for you, then by all means do so. But with what you have described, you might be better off going there in person to get it. Also I will advise you insist they include the 3weeks camp period as part of your time duration with the PPA. Otherwise the experience will be less than a year.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 12:59pm On Mar 05, 2018
nat138:

Where you employed prior to the 3weeks period in question? Are you claiming points for that employment? If yes then put unemployed for the three weeks but if you are not claiming points for it, you could lump it together with the prior employment. Three weeks is just such a negligible time.
My NYSC was my first job, before that it was law school. Currently what I have is Law school, unemployed for some months (including the NYSC camp 3 months) and then my NYSC job experience.

What I want to know is if I should separate the 3 weeks from the unemployed period and state that I was in camp for NYSC.....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Queenette111: 12:59pm On Mar 05, 2018
Such awesome thoughts! In recent times I have seen so much attacks and counterattacks on this forum that I can't help but think this post is really timely.you seem like a mediator to me.please keep up the good works.I would really appreciate more from where that came.

]A few etiquettes that could make for a great thread;

1. Always learn to appreciate other people's posts, even if they are not your "friend" - It makes them feel important and encouraged to come up with something more positive.

2. Try not to run people down on the platform - You will cause them to withdraw and will hardly come up with their objective views on issues.

3. Correct with love - When you see something you don't like from a member, you may send a pm or politely put them on the right track. Let's try to desist from public attack.

4. Try not to insult or use unpleasant languages on members - You expose yourself and other members of the thread to a barrage of foul languages and may turn the platform to a "combat ground".

5. Be quick to say sorry and apologize when you have erred - It helps to douse the tension which unsavory utterances might have created.

6. Minimize imposition of personal ideas or suggestions - Nobody has monopoly of knowledge. This one hardly happens here though.

7. Celebrate with those that celebrate and encourage those going through a rough patch in their pursuit - It's a subtle display of the spirit of brotherliness (and sisterliness wink).

8. Cultivate a culture of humor and comic relief to the best of your ability - This journey on its own is already serious enough a business. Let's leave something behind that would make others want to come back to have a good laugh after a tough IELTS study/exam day, PoF hustle, or document gathering. We're adults but who says we can't play too?

9. Some have the gift of talking/typing and others the gift of reading - Whichever one you're good at, learn to contribute to the thread, even if it's just using a little emoticon. It makes people know that you appreciate the thread and its contributors. Don't just jump out of anonymity to announce PPR grin

No be lecture be this o. Just sharing thoughts that might help everyone here[/color][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nat138: 1:01pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ethelia:

My NYSC was my first job, before that it was law school. Currently what I have is Law school, unemployed for some months (including the NYSC camp 3 months) and then my NYSC job experience.

What I want to know is if I should separate the 3 weeks from the unemployed period and state that I was in camp for NYSC.....

Personally I don't think that is necessary. My opinion though. Coming from the premise of; the most important info is your work experience not what you were doing prior to said work experience. IMO
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 1:01pm On Mar 05, 2018
coolangel54:

Going to my PPA wasn't an issue for me. It isn't a school and I was also retained after NYSC and had some rapport with some people still there.

I suggest you find time and go there to get the letter personally (if possible and if you need the experience for points)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ethelia:

I had NYSC extension for a few months and they also retained me.

Okay. Nice!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 1:04pm On Mar 05, 2018
nat138:

Personally I don't think that is necessary. My opinion though. Coming from the premise of; the most important info is your work experience not what you were doing prior to said work experience. IMO

Thanks a lot, you've been very helpful. I guess its just nerves and fear of misrepresentation. I also thought more people on the thread would have had similar experiences.

I'll just lump it in with the unemployed period since technically NYSC didn't employ me grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 1:04pm On Mar 05, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Okay. Nice!

grin at that time the extension wasn't nice o cheesy I cried my eyes out, now see how its helping me cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ethelia:

grin at that time the extension wasn't nice o cheesy I cried my eyes out, now see how its helping me cheesy

Lol. grin grin

I wasn't happy that I was posted to a school back then too but I appreciate it now because getting my reference letter from the school was so easy.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Inception12: 1:11pm On Mar 05, 2018
Thank you so much for this. From the research, I've discovered that it's possible. But WES has already received and accepted all the documentation for my BSc and given me a tentaive date for the ECA.

Is it still possible for them to do the ACCA evalution or i would have to pay for that separatley because i had not included the ACCA evlauation and i nolonger see that option under modify order.

nat138:

Wow! See the massive changes in the scores (40points!). There have been discussions on this thread around ACCA evaluation, please use the search tab and search for ACCA under the travel section. Some useful information should come up.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 1:15pm On Mar 05, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Lol. grin grin

I wasn't happy that I was posted to a school back then too but I appreciate it now because getting my reference letter from the school was so easy.

See how God works grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by smslive2: 1:15pm On Mar 05, 2018
If you can quickly email them or use the web form, they might hold on on the evaluation.

Inception12:
Thank you so much for this. From the research, I've discovered that it's possible. But WES has already received and accepted all the documentation for my BSc and given me a tentaive date for the ECA.

Is it still possible for them to do the ACCA evalution or i would have to pay for that separatley because i had not included the ACCA evlauation and i nolonger see that option under modify order.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Heimdall: 1:16pm On Mar 05, 2018
Hi everyone,

I would like to thank everyone that has filled the questionnaire, I really appreciate the effort. May God fulfil your heart desires.

As for the others that are yet to fill the questionnaire, I would like to implore you to please do so. It’s a 1-minute questionnaire about your experience on Canadian websites.

I need the data for a paper. It’s just 7 questions, to which you just have to tick your answers.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TVRC5B7

I promise that it’s short and quick.

I wish you all a lovely week ahead.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 1:17pm On Mar 05, 2018
demiiii:
Hello all, please how did you make payments to Wes. I picked western union online transfer. But I can't move from that point. I have been to the bank and was informed they can transfer from the account. But where and how do I get there account number.

No no no. Don't pay via bank transfer. It'll cost you dearly and there are other issues with that process when transferring from Nigeria, I tried it but failed. It's easier to pay with your debit card. Just select the "credit card" payment option and input your debit card details. I believe that was how most, if not all of us here paid. Just save yourself the stress.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ethelia:

See how God works grin grin grin

Yes ooo, my sister. It will surely end in praise for us all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.