Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,549 members, 7,823,417 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1299279 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 1:21pm On Mar 05, 2018
demiiii:
Hello guys, I have applied for this before only to be disappointed in myself because I didn't get to enter pool fore low score. I am starting the process all over believing God for his mercies upon my life.

Will be writing my IELTS again for the last time on March 24.
I am so determined to pass it. Am ready to give it all it takes. I have been inspired by stories I have read here.

Questions are

1. I had completed my Wes application in 2014 and have been evaluated on 2014. We are currently in 2018 and I have just been informed that Wes Evaluation is for 5years. Does this mean the evaluation will expire. Did they not evaluate the same results _ masters and bsc?

2. Does it mean I have to upgrade my evaluation from documents to document evaluation -- course by course evaluation.

1. ECA reports generally expire after 5 years after which you have to do another evaluation. If When you eventually pass IELTS at this attempt, we'd hope that you get an ITA soon enough as not to need to do another evaluation. God's grace upon you.

2. No you don't

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 1:22pm On Mar 05, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Yes ooo, my sister. It will surely end in praise for us all.

Amen, Amen and Amen!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 1:33pm On Mar 05, 2018
Fruitfulmum:
weldone all. I have been a silent reader here.i want to start this process too... How else can we improve our crs ranking.

We are happy you broke the silence cheesy. I shall attempt to answer the bolded question.
- Get a diploma of at least 1 year duration
- Get a PGD
- Get a masters degree
- Learn French, write and pass the assessing exam wink
- Apply for a provincial nomination as a last resort (I expect the next question to be "what is provincial nomination?" )

Either of these would help improve your CRS score.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 1:38pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ethelia:
hi everyone, I have a question.

So I'm at the final stage of the application where I'm cross checking documents to ensure all the details are correct...

Regarding NYSC, do I need reflect the 3 weeks camp period in the personal history section? Because currently I have listed it as unemployed (I am using my 1year NYSC work period as my work experience and my reference letter clearly mentions I was there under NYSC)

Any response is appreciated smiley

Yes o. Please reflect it. In fact, you should show the full 1 year and you need to get your PPA to reflect same on the reference letter. Afterall, 'soja' was using the 3 weeks to train you for your PPA work grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Temas: 1:42pm On Mar 05, 2018
nat138:

Once you select NO another question asks if your degree has been evaluated and by whom and there is provision for a reference number. sSave what you have done so far and refresh your page or completely log out and then in again

Appreciation. Chrome did the magic..

@house

I still need a little clarification here.

Firstly....
Under work history, am i to include all previous employment apart from the one am claiming points for?

Let me be a bit clearer, i worked in company A for 3 years ( 2009-2012 ), then went for my Msc during which i worked with the school computer center 2 year ( 2013-2015). It was a par-time graduate assistant position. Although i work 9 hours a day monday to friday. finally came back and join company A in 2015 till date.

Work experience with company From 2015 till date gives the max point. Can i just fill this in my EE profile and leave the rest till i get ITA.

Secondly....

Under education, i am to fill all formal education acquired or just the one i have ECA for? i have ECA for just my Msc.

thank you.

kindly ignore my writing ooo na 6.5 i get for ielts grin grin grin grin grin grin

@mcstan18
@glitteringstar
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by attenmove: 1:43pm On Mar 05, 2018
Newmum0615:
Don't quit before you even start. Both of you should write IELTS and aim for the highest possible score. Evaluate all degrees you have and then watch out for PNP programs that open from time to time if all fails. We do not give up in this thread. May the odds be in your favour.
God bless you. It is like your response is for me.
I am about giving up, but you have just lifted up my spirit. I will register for IELTS by next week.
I have a PhD and I calculated my CRS with the highest score and I got 427. Age: 37, Work Experience: 12 years.
Wifey is 30 years with a BSc, but does not have time for IELTS.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 1:43pm On Mar 05, 2018
mcstan18:

Yes o. Please reflect it. In fact, you should show the full 1 year and you need to get your PPA to reflect same on the reference letter. Afterall, 'soja' was using the 3 weeks to train you for your PPA work grin

Lo, PPA will never back date but what I have from them already covers more than 1 year. My issue was wether to lump the 3 weeks under unemployed or separate it and put NYSC camp training.....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nnysmuse: 1:45pm On Mar 05, 2018
Newmum0615:
I actually responded to your PM the day you sent it. Been waiting for you to mail back.

Thank you very much! I will mail you shortly
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 1:48pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ethelia:

Lo, PPA will never back date but what I have from them already covers more than 1 year. My issue was wether to lump the 3 weeks under unemployed or separate it and put NYSC camp training.....

So long as you have your 3 years complete sha, we can give the 3 weeks to aunty charity
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 1:49pm On Mar 05, 2018
tosanede:

Yeah! They used headsets for the March 3rd exam...

This is good news. Respite has finally arrived. I believe the British council guys would've made definite plans to step up their game.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Teepearls(f): 1:51pm On Mar 05, 2018
Kindly put me through, is it must to provide reference letter from PPA during NYSC even when Im not claiming points for it? Thanks

GlitteringStar:

Lol. grin grin

I wasn't happy that I was posted to a school back then too but I appreciate it now because getting my reference letter from the school was so easy.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 1:51pm On Mar 05, 2018
jholarharde:
The thorough way in which you all answer questions and help is so touching. God bless you all and make all our dreams come to realisation. @newmum, happytbaby, mcstan, ethelia et al. God bless u

Amen to your prayers. God bless you too sir/ma.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 1:54pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ethelia:
I had NYSC extension for a few months and they also retained me.

Why na? Wetin you commit?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 1:55pm On Mar 05, 2018
mcstan18:

So long as you have your 3 years complete sha, we can give the 3 weeks to aunty charity

Lol, I'm not trying to claim points for the 3 weeks, I just don't want to be flagged for misrepresentation if I say I was unemployed for that period and other applications from Nigeria say they had 3 weeks in NYSC camp...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 1:56pm On Mar 05, 2018
mcstan18:

Why na? Wetin you commit?

grin that's confidential information between me and my camp commandant embarassed coolq grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 05, 2018
Teepearls:
Kindly put me through, is it must to provide reference letter from PPA during NYSC even when Im not claiming points for it? Thanks

No.

You will include it under your personal history details (Post-ITA) since you are not claiming points for it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 1:58pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ethelia:

grin at that time the extension wasn't nice o cheesy I cried my eyes out, now see how its helping me cheesy

Just look at God cheesy cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Teepearls(f): 1:58pm On Mar 05, 2018
Sent pls check your email. Thanks

bababode825:

Send me a private message.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 1:59pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ethelia:

grin that's confidential information between me and my camp commandant embarassed coolq grin grin

I will report you to CIC. You have something you're hiding abi?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 2:01pm On Mar 05, 2018
mcstan18:

I will report you to CIC. You have something you're hiding abi?

Lol, abeg na cry cry tongue
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by peddy001: 2:06pm On Mar 05, 2018
[quote author=hykin post=65568699]Send me a PM

I have sent you a message. Still waiting for your response.

Regards
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 2:07pm On Mar 05, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Yes ooo, my sister. It will surely end in praise for us all.

Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Doxbee(f): 2:11pm On Mar 05, 2018
bababode825:

If you have received your transcript before, I can help with a contact

Thanks for this infor @bababode825. I tried to pm you, please how can I get in touch?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 2:11pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ethelia:

Lol, abeg na cry cry tongue

I forgive you. Go and sin no more.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 2:16pm On Mar 05, 2018
Lol, @mcstan18

Please I have another question again grin grin

Which website is best for getting exchange rates? I read on the thread that we should also include a screenshot of the exchange rate of that day and include it in pof documents (or something like that)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 2:23pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ethelia:
Lol, @mcstan18

Please I have another question again grin grin

Which website is best for getting exchange rates? I read on the thread that we should also include a screenshot of the exchange rate of that day and include it in pof documents (or something like that)

You can use http://www.xe.com/ OR https://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/. They are reliable and well recognized. I believe CIC would recognize them too but I haven't verified that yet
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 2:25pm On Mar 05, 2018
I did not say 'pim' o

Newmum0615:
That's what we are seeing these days with our new family members. And we keep encouraging them. I miss Elfmann in times like these. No one is doing a bit of research anymore. It's just give me answer urgently we are getting. Let us continue. The days of pointing to page zero is now over. Not saying people shouldn't ask questions, but it's easier to guide someone who has a fair idea of what he/she is doing because of a little research. Guys, page zero works like magic. Some people here selflessly made generic info available there. The least we can do is appreciate the effort by reading through. We are happy to help with some sort of validation or guidance. I have had to stay up some nights and even during work hours to help people out with NOC issues because I have seen the effort they put into sorting out the issue themselves (happytbaby, if I hear pim ehn). Read a little and give the people you are asking questions something to work with. If we didn't do research, we wouldn't have answers. Mcstan18 had not even started his process fully, but he had started answering questions here like an 'elder'. Because he took the time to understand the process by himself.

With all that said, please remember that the CIC website remains the one stop shop for valid info for this journey
Nuff said. Over & out.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by browndoll: 2:25pm On Mar 05, 2018
I evaluated my acca advanced diploma with WES along with my BSc and it was evaluated as 2 or more

Inception12:
Hello people, another quick question. Am currently waiting for my WES evaluation and my predited score is 438. I've seen online that if you've passed ACCA papers F1 to F9, they award you with an Advanced Diploma in Accounting & Business. Am currently planning to sit for my last papers (P4 and P5) in June so i should be qualifiying for this award.

With a BSc only, my score is 438, but if i instead put 2 or more certificates, my score goes to 478. Am wondering if anyone has ever evaluated ACCA with WES for only the diploma part and gotten a good answer from them.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 2:26pm On Mar 05, 2018
mcstan18:

You can use http://www.xe.com/ or https://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/. They are reliable and well recognized.

Thanks darling kiss grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by duvocharrison: 2:27pm On Mar 05, 2018
Hello Guys,

i know majority will frown at this question, but please help a brother. i have B.sc and a graduate certificate in NIM. please can i claim points for Two or more certificates in the express entry platform. Am equally a secret reader of this platform.

Thanks in anticipation of kind and honest reply.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 2:31pm On Mar 05, 2018
Ethelia:

Thanks darling kiss grin grin

Who am I not to receive the first emoticon. I usually don't reject good gifts but see my modified response too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.