Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,488 members, 7,812,519 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1292478 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by victor83(m): 4:19pm On Mar 06, 2018
A big congrats to you
Ljay17:
Good day great people of Nairaland.
Passport and COPR received this morning.
It’s been a hell of a journey. I give all glory to God Almighty for His mercies

Updated timeline:

OINP Applicant
AOR: 16 Sept
MEP/IP1/NA2: 13 Oct
IP2: 15 Dec
ADR-Height/Eye Color: 15 Jan
PPR: 24 Jan
Passport Sent: 31 Jan
COPR: 05 March
London Visa Office

Good luck to everyone on this journey.

Now ‘migrating’ to the Living in Canada �� Thread.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by chizilulu(f): 4:37pm On Mar 06, 2018
Ethelia:

How I want to submit my application this week so I can join others to ask what stage I'm in after AOR grin (is it IP1, IP 2, etc grin grin)

We are in the same boat! it will not pass this week abeg and it will end in praise. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 4:41pm On Mar 06, 2018
chizilulu:

We are in the same boat! it will not pass this week abeg and it will end in praise. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Amen o.Now doting all the i's and crossing the t's.... these little stuffs are more nerve wracking than others, deciding whether to submit upfront Schedule A or not......

It is well...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Uzoreen: 4:52pm On Mar 06, 2018
Congratulations!!! New blessings awaits.

Ljay17:

Good day great people of Nairaland.
Passport and COPR received this morning.
It’s been a hell of a journey. I give all glory to God Almighty for His mercies

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by chiwelaw: 4:56pm On Mar 06, 2018
Good day wonderful pple,

i have some clearification to make hoping that i will get a good advice from the gurus here.

i studied Accounting(Bsc) and i have worked as an accountant in a University Bursary for 10yrs. within this period i have worked as account reconciliation officer, payroll officer, store manager and student accountant. looking at the NOCs, am not too sure which will be more appropriate. i see the following in the NOCs:

1431 Accounting and related clerks. C

1432 Payroll clerks C

1434 Banking, insurance/other financial clerks C

1311 Accounting technicians/ bookkeepers B

1114 Other financial officers A

1111 Financial auditors/accountants A

pls which one do you think i should choose? is there any related NOC i didnt capture that may be more appropriate, pls let me know.
i will be waiting for your good advice.
thanks a bunch
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by chizilulu(f): 5:00pm On Mar 06, 2018
Ethelia:

Amen o.Now doting all the i's and crossing the t's.... these little stuffs are more nerve wracking than others, deciding whether to submit upfront Schedule A or not......

It is well...

Lol.. I have decided to submit mine and hubby's upfront for my peace of mind. smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 5:07pm On Mar 06, 2018
You can't even use these:

1432 Payroll clerks C

Look through the rest and choose the one that matches your job description up to at least 75-80%.

chiwelaw:
Good day wonderful pple,

i have some clearification to make hoping that i will get a good advice from the gurus here.

i studied Accounting(Bsc) and i have worked as an accountant in a University Bursary for 10yrs. within this period i have worked as account reconciliation officer, payroll officer, store manager and student accountant. looking at the NOCs, am not too sure which will be more appropriate. i see the following in the NOCs:

1432 Payroll clerks C

1311 Accounting technicians/ bookkeepers B

1114 Other financial officers A

1111 Financial auditors/accountants A

pls which one do you think i should choose? is there any related NOC i didnt capture that may be more appropriate, pls let me know.
i will be waiting for your good advice.
thanks a bunch
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 5:09pm On Mar 06, 2018
This one should be the least of your worries. Just fill it and add joor. Add travel history form too.
Ethelia:

It is well...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tozabes: 5:10pm On Mar 06, 2018
@ the bolded...are you for real...Which advice are you looking for again...please quickly forget about this your Biochemistry thingy...from your grades you don't have affinity for it (in my opinion o). I'd look into furthering my studies in Computer Science if I were you as you even have the work experience as well...I believe you can sell your equipment

xtosync:

Was hoping for a lecturing job before PR dream started floating and now almost a reality. 9ja is really frustrating person (Had to go for a BSc in Comp. Sc. (2.1) (finished last year along with the MPhil) just to widening my options for a better work opportunity.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by vickyehi: 5:16pm On Mar 06, 2018
xtosync:
Good morning dear e-fam. Please I need you guys to put in your 1 and 2's in something that has been troubling me recently. I just got admission to start my PhD here in 9ja and am currently sitting at IP2 with Nov AOR. MED taking on 30th Oct. So if I am issued PPR I should have till then to leave 9ja. Should I go ahead with the PhD studies or I should ignore the admission knowing fully well that I can't complete it without going and coming back to 9ja? I can't even predict what life in Canada will be like (As in can I do the PhD there with my 9ja degrees -Bsc-Msc-Mphil (Biochem.)). I know life in Canada will be job first, two or more years later school matter could follow and Only God knows. Please I need your candid advice
I think it's better to stay in canada and staring to arrange your life little by little. Going back for your phd will most likely not be of any relevance in canada.
You would be better off landing and trying to figure out the pathway to your career here in canada rather than accumulating more "most times irrelevant" degrees.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by vickyehi: 5:19pm On Mar 06, 2018
xtosync:
Thanks for the quick response I really appreciate you. PhD duration is minimum 3years and Maximum 5 years in my school. I finished the MPhil from same school so I kinda have everything in place - Supervisor, research topic and familiarity with the process from A-Z. So I believe I shouldn't be spending more than that 3 years on it, God willing. I just have this silent fear that having a PhD from 9ja MIGHT be useless in Canada.
It's not might be .....it is. My pastor has to do another MSC presently.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 06, 2018
xtosync:
Good morning dear e-fam. Please I need you guys to put in your 1 and 2's in something that has been troubling me recently. I just got admission to start my PhD here in 9ja and am currently sitting at IP2 with Nov AOR. MED taking on 30th Oct. So if I am issued PPR I should have till then to leave 9ja. Should I go ahead with the PhD studies or I should ignore the admission knowing fully well that I can't complete it without going and coming back to 9ja? I can't even predict what life in Canada will be like (As in can I do the PhD there with my 9ja degrees -Bsc-Msc-Mphil (Biochem.)). I know life in Canada will be job first, two or more years later school matter could follow and Only God knows. Please I need your candid advice

With ASUU/NASU strike, PhD in Nigeria will take you about 5 years or more to complete. You cant finish it in 3 years!

What you should do is to begin now to look for PhD admission in Canada. With your PR status you'll pay local tuition fee. And again, most PhD admissions in Canada, engineering especially comes with funding automatically. Schools like USASK, MUN etc., give each PhD student minimum of CAD$19K per year for 4 years, excluding Teaching Assistantship you can still get.

BTW, what are you going to do in Canada with Nigerian PhD? To effectively live the Canadian dream, you need Canadian work experience or Canadian education or both.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by vickyehi: 5:32pm On Mar 06, 2018
tozabes:
@ the bolded...are you for real...Which advice are you looking for again...please quickly forget about this your Biochemistry thingy...from your grades you don't have affinity for it (in my opinion o). I'd look into furthering my studies in Computer Science if I were you as you even have the work experience as well...I believe you can sell your equipment

I really do respect your zeal to make your life better in a country that doesn't help like ours.
But this is your chance to leave all that behind. Canada has a wonderful immigration system but professional integration is very poor. They dont play well with other educational backgrounds. In some cases even education from the US. So please don't let this be an issue to worry about. Just jejely come and start your life afresh and it's gonna get better day after day.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 5:33pm On Mar 06, 2018
Newmum0615:
This one should be the least of your worries. Just fill it and add joor. Add travel history form too.

grin grin okay I will, no submission this night be that cheesy, thanks. cheesy cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by thekingskiddy(m): 5:43pm On Mar 06, 2018
Ethelia:

grin grin okay I will, no submission this night be that cheesy, thanks. cheesy cheesy
I cannot help but ask. Aren't the questions asked in the IMM 5669 E schedule A Background/Declaration form exactly the same contained in the online PR application? Why then is it necessary to supply the same information in an attachment?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 5:49pm On Mar 06, 2018
thekingskiddy:
I cannot help but ask. Aren't the questions asked in the IMM 5669 E schedule A Background/Declaration form exactly the same contained in the online PR application? Why then is it necessary to supply the same information in an attachment?

This may be a question for your visa officer when the document is being requested.

Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 5:55pm On Mar 06, 2018
thekingskiddy:

Singing "if you ask meeeeeee, na who I go ask?"

grin They look like the same questions but because its very common for visa officers to send ADR requesting the form, its better to avoid the unnecessary delay and just send it.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by MamaKs: 5:56pm On Mar 06, 2018
Please does that mean that I will not be going through the express entry format ie the 1200 format. Will I be accessed based on only the 67/100 format

[Aquote author=Newmum0615 post=64477679]Express Entry candidates are scored using the Comprehensive Ranking System. If your skills and experience qualify you as a federal skilled worker, you will be accessed with six selection factors.
Language skills
Education
Experience
Adaptability

If you score 67 points or higher (out of 100), you may qualify to immigrate to Canada as a federal skilled worker.

If you score lower than the pass mark of 67 points, you won’t qualify to immigrate to Canada as a federal skilled worker. The score you get using the CRS tool is different from the aforementioned 67/100 score (used to assess eligibility for the FSW program)

Read here.

You really need to read up. Have you read through page 0? I advise that you take your time and read, it will make things easier to comprehend. If you still don't understand certain aspects or if there are circumstances peculiar to you, you can ask questions. Your blood has been "hotting" too much o. grin

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by chiwelaw: 5:58pm On Mar 06, 2018
Thanks for your response. Will look further
Newmum0615:
You can't even use these:

1432 Payroll clerks C

Look through the rest and choose the one that matches your job description up to at least 75-80%.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Vancouver4(f): 6:09pm On Mar 06, 2018
xtosync:

If I were you, I will simple explore all options available. I dont know the level you are in this canny dream. If you are still far away, just accept the admission at the same time search for admission offers in Canada and start ur EE process too. Who knows.....

I'm in a similar condition but done with second year. I will be writing IELTS soon and hope my graduation will come in about a year. In fact, as soon as my final defence is done and I have my PR ready I will run out of this country without even waiting for official convocation sef.

Summary : Don't throw away what you have at hand instead accept it and at the same time explore other options. If the better (PR or Canadian admission) one clicks abandon the other. With this it will be a win - win situation.
Peace!!!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by xtosync: 6:21pm On Mar 06, 2018
Vancouver4:

If I were you, I will simple explore all options available. I dont know the level you are in this canny dream. If you are still far away, just accept the admission at the same time search for admission offers in Canada and start ur EE process too. Who knows.....

I'm in a similar condition but done with second year. I will be writing IELTS soon and hope my graduation will come in about a year. In fact, as soon as my final defence is done and I have my PR ready I will run out of this country without even waiting for official convocation sef.

Summary : Don't throw away what you have at hand instead accept it and at the same time explore other options. If the better (PR or Canadian admission) one clicks abandon the other. With this it will be a win - win situation.
Peace!!!

Thank you for your valuable input. Also to all who gave their well thought opinion, I say thank you.
@Vancouver4, I am already at IP2(27th FEB) that's the stage next to PPR. As earlier stated, submitted my application and got AOR Nov, 2017. By God's grace hoping to get PPR at worst next month.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 6:24pm On Mar 06, 2018
Please I have a question about the travel history form.

Lets say I'm currently residing in the UK, and have made many trips to Nigeria, Australia, China and back to the UK. I only need to reflect the trips to China and Australia on the form right? (because it says to include trips made outside of country of residence and origin).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 6:25pm On Mar 06, 2018
Lol. Where did you dig out that my post from? Anyway, the 67/100 'format' is to determine that you can even participate in the FSW program. Calculating your CRS score which is 0/1200 comes after the eligibility thingy. So you may score relatively well in CRS calculation but not meet the requirement for the FSW program. Gerrit?
MamaKs:
Please does that mean that I will not be going through the express entry format ie the 1200 format. Will I be accessed based on only the 67/100 format

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Buwanadrian(f): 6:35pm On Mar 06, 2018
Newmum0615:
Lol. Where did you dig out that my post from? Anyway, the 67/100 'format' is to determine that you can even participate in the FSW program. Calculating your CRS score which is 0/1200 comes after the eligibility thingy. So you may score relatively well in CRS calculation but not meet the requirement for the FSW program. Gerrit?

No,I don't get the not meeting up for FSW Thing.Pls enlighten me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ysteph: 6:40pm On Mar 06, 2018
Today its going to be 67/100 matter...lol

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by thekingskiddy(m): 6:47pm On Mar 06, 2018
Ethelia:
Please I have a question about the travel history form.

Lets say I'm currently residing in the UK, and have made many trips to Nigeria, Australia, China and back to the UK. I only need to reflect the trips to China and Australia on the form right? (because it says to include trips made outside of country of residence and origin).

I am not sure what the answer to your question is but I was wondering if you would be so kind as to post the link to download the Travel history form. I used the search function on CIC website but the one i found is saying some Adobe acrobat error thingy.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 6:48pm On Mar 06, 2018
Ethelia:

grin They look like the same questions but because its very common for visa officers to send ADR requesting the form, its better to avoid the unnecessary delay and just send it.
Actually you shouldn't/don't submit it. There's a new form now which you "validate" online, this means you fill and sign online. There's a place on your form where you are told not to submit until it is asked for(can't find the quote now). I have been waiting for them to request in IP2 now Sha, so I haven't filled mine.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by thekingskiddy(m): 6:49pm On Mar 06, 2018
Ethelia:

Thanks for clarifying. I will add the forms too then. I sincerely was not aware of it. Thanks again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 6:51pm On Mar 06, 2018
sweetrie:
Actually you shouldn't/don't submit it. There's a new form now which you "validate" online, this means you fill and sign online. There's a place on your form where you are told not to submit until it is asked for(can't find the quote now). I have been waiting for them to request in IP2 now Sha, so I haven't filled mine.

Oh really? Haven't heard about the bolded before (are you referring to the Sch A or Trvale history forms?) . Let me go and do some research...... thanks grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 6:52pm On Mar 06, 2018
thekingskiddy:
I am not sure what the answer to your question is but I was wondering if you would be so kind as to post the link to download the Travel history form. I used the search function on CIC website but the one i found is saying some Adobe acrobat error thingy.
Thanks in anticipation.

Its the same one. Even after updating my Adobe it didn't work. I had to install firefox which allowed me save the form on the computer before opening in via the acrobat app
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 6:56pm On Mar 06, 2018
grin You are gradually becoming a problem on this thread. And na still page zero pikin be this o.
ysteph:
Today its going to be 67/100 matter...lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 6:57pm On Mar 06, 2018
thekingskiddy:
Thanks for clarifying. I will add the forms too then. I sincerely was not aware of it. Thanks again.

Wait oh! please see sweetrie 's post above informing me that its no longer advisable to submit the forms upfront

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) ... (628)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.