Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,514 members, 7,812,600 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1292518 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 9:26am On Mar 06, 2018
Actually most PFAs will give the letter in the required format. I wasn't going to use hubby's own, but we requested for his and mine anyway, got the letters same day and hard copy same week from two different PFAs. It was a wawu something, the way they kept following up and effecting the amendments we wanted like say we pay money.
happytbaby:
Are we talking pension or gratuity as POF? Please clarify.

Seems StanbicIBTC is the most prominent PFA and they will give you the letter you require. You just send an email and specify which of their branches you want to pick the letter from. Is your gratuity the one run by your employer or you are still referring to the Pension Contribution scheme?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 9:27am On Mar 06, 2018
Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you.
Kontagious:
My Dear Brethren,

Getting PPR or having your Passport stamped and CoPR at hand is not the end of this Journey.

Frankly, It might just jolly well be the beginning.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 9:28am On Mar 06, 2018
It is the beginning Oga Konta

Kontagious:
My Dear Brethren,

Getting PPR or having your Passport stamped and CoPR at hand is not the end of this Journey.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 06, 2018
Kontagious:

I agree.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 9:30am On Mar 06, 2018
Do not mind me, its a bias...availabilty of information about StanbicIBTC.....I always hear about them, yet others do the same or maybe better. It is the science on which advertisements and PR are based on.

Newmum0615:
Actually most PFAs will give the letter in the required format. I wasn't going to use hubby's own, but we requested for his and mine anyway, got the letters same day and hard copy same week from two different PFAs. It was a wawu something, the way they kept following up and effecting the amendments we wanted like say we pay money.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by moyin1(f): 9:32am On Mar 06, 2018
Hello Everyone.I am a silent reader here for quite a while but had to break my silence after doing the CRS calculation.

I scored 415 even after proposing 8777 in IELTS for hubby and i (PA).Am 37years.we are yet to sit for IELTS and also do the WES evaluation.Kindly assist me in all ways possible to see this dream come true.

We need assistance with PNP.

Thanks E-family.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 9:35am On Mar 06, 2018
Kontagious:
My Dear Brethren,

Hmm, true. But atleast its a beautiful beginning to the journey smiley

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by pepe1: 9:40am On Mar 06, 2018
happytbaby:

Seems StanbicIBTC is the most prominent PFA and they will give you the letter you require. You just send an email and specify which of their branches you want to pick the letter from. Is your gratuity the one run by your employer or you are still referring to the Pension Contribution scheme?

Thanks for your comments.

You know, the Pension act 2004 made pension contributions mandatory but did not scrap gratuity even though it is silent on its administration.

So some employers including mine still maintain gratuity payment alongside the RSA.

Presently, I have a RSA account and a gratuity account.

The gratuity is paid almost immediately after resignation and it's based on our collective bargaining.

My question is that there is no part of the Pension act that I can extract to proof to IRCC that I can get access to my gratuity after resignation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 4Barr: 9:50am On Mar 06, 2018
pepe1:

Good day to you.

Kindly suggest a PFA for me. I am confused about the one to choose, but all I want is

A PFA that can issue letters in IRCC format without any ambiguity,

A PFA that will be fast in paying my 25% of RSA in 4 months.

My employer runs a CPFA and I want to transfer my RSA to a PFA within this week.

Secondly, I intend to use my gratuity as well for POF but the issue is that the pension act is silent on gratuity administration. So there's no part of the act that I can extract to prove that my gratuity will be readily available to be used as POF.

Pls what's your advice on this.

Thanks.

On suggestion of a PFA to you (of course i'll suggest the one I use and work with, please send me a mail for this. I also got a letter in the right format for my application.)

On the Second point, all PFAs will pay you your 25% (if you qualify) and the payment has been approved by PenCom - Typically takes about 1-2 weeks from application.

I am aware of the administration of Closed Pension Fund Administrators (CPFA)while some manage theirs as Approved Existing Schemes (AES) in line with the PRA 2014. If you have gratuity payments to collect it is not subject to the Act, get a letter for your trustees in the proper format and get them to state that you are entitled to the full amount and that you are not owing the company any debt as at the date of the letter.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 9:52am On Mar 06, 2018
Okay, I just wanted to be sure.

In that case what people have used is a letter from your employer stating the amount you are entitled to and that you can have it immediately after resignation. You may not want to go that route though....depending on the nature and body language of your employer...make you no come sack yourself....you are the best judge of the situation. Some employers will not take kindly to such a request.

People also use staff co-operative....they get a letter from the Co-operative....

pepe1:

Thanks for your comments.

You know, the Pension act 2004 made pension contributions mandatory but did not scrap gratuity even though it is silent on its administration.

So some employers including mine still maintain gratuity payment alongside the RSA.

Presently, I have a RSA account and a gratuity account.

The gratuity is paid almost immediately after resignation and it's based on our collective bargaining.

My question is that there is no part of the Pension act that I can extract to proof to IRCC that I can get access to my gratuity after resignation.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by DereI(f): 10:06am On Mar 06, 2018
Ethelia:

How I want to submit my application this week so I can join others to ask what stage I'm in after AOR grin (is it IP1, IP 2, etc grin grin)

grin Are you sure you are ready for the anxiety?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by pepe1: 10:13am On Mar 06, 2018
4Barr:

On suggestion of a PFA to you (of course i'll suggest the one I use and work with, please send me a mail for this. I also got a letter in the right format for my application.)

On the Second point, all PFAs will pay you your 25% (if you qualify) and the payment has been approved by PenCom - Typically takes about 1-2 weeks from application.

Thank you very much.

I learned that some PFAs are very slow in processing the 25%.

Pls just to be sure of how to go about the switching.

"I will register with the PFA and then send my details to my CPFA".

I just sent you a PM.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 10:15am On Mar 06, 2018
DereI:

grin Are you sure you are ready for the anxiety?

cool cool I'm ready grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by pepe1: 10:20am On Mar 06, 2018
happytbaby:
Okay, I just wanted to be sure.

In that case what people have used is a letter from your employer stating the amount you are entitled to and that you can have it immediately after resignation. You may not want to go that route though....depending on the nature and body language of your employer...make you no come sack yourself....you are the best judge of the situation. Some employers will not take kindly to such a request.

People also use staff co-operative....they get a letter from the Co-operative....

Thanks so much.

I am not sure those guys will want to go through the stress of writing any letter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by adesbaba: 10:23am On Mar 06, 2018
Newmum0615:
Future answer.

Do you have any work experience? If no, you are not eligible till you have at least one full year work experience. You can use your NYSC work experience if you have. Please visit page zero of this thread, you will learn a lot and also use your personal circumstances e.g age, education, IELTS scores etc. to calculate your eligibility. Good luck with your studies.

Thanks a lot ...I have one year nysc experience as a teacher and some months experience as a bank teller..am 23 yrs now..I avnt written IELTS cos I want to b sure of tins bfore doing that
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 40manlappy: 10:29am On Mar 06, 2018
Kontagious:
My Dear Brethren,

Valid point! Which is why landed people usually recommend that one should start planning before PPR shows up smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by pepe1: 10:29am On Mar 06, 2018
Newmum0615:
Pls can I send you a PM to get the names of the PFAs?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 40manlappy: 10:32am On Mar 06, 2018
happytbaby:

I was about to recommend Stanbic IBTC too cheesy

NB: I am not an employee of the firm and I use a different PFA (not by choice anyway) but I can attest to Stanbic IBTC's efficiency....

Looping: pepe1
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 10:33am On Mar 06, 2018
If you have teaching experience, then you can use that if you are sure you can get reference letter for a full year of work from your past employer.
Your bank teller role won't work as it falls under NOC C which you cannot use for this program. Evaluate your degrees, register, study and write your IELTS test, and when you have done all these, you can begin. Calculate your eligibility here and also use the CRS calculator here to determine what your score will be.

If it becomes overwhelming along the way, come back here and ask your questions. We will be glad to help. Don't forget to visit the Government of Canada website and page zero of this thread for all info you need to guide you.

Good luck.
adesbaba:

Thanks a lot ...I have one year nysc experience as a teacher and some months experience as a bank teller..am 23 yrs now..I avnt written IELTS cos I want to b sure of tins bfore doing that

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 10:35am On Mar 06, 2018
You can. Just know that there a host of them out there, can't say which is the best. I don't know their internal processes but I got excellent service when I needed it from mine.
pepe1:

Pls can I send you a PM to get the names of the PFAs?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by beautyfoch: 10:38am On Mar 06, 2018
Ethelia:

LMAO, abeg I'm married oh and my husband follows this thread grin grin before my oga at the topest top will vex and say we are not going to Canada again grin grin grin

Chai!! Biko Oga at the topest no vex oo grin
I rest my case. Make i kukuma return back the dancing shoes i bought. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Mzstephh(f): 10:54am On Mar 06, 2018
Hey Guys, Please has anyone who submitted their FSW express entry application in December received PPR? Just really curious that's all. Any pharmacist in the building too who applied via that route abeg how long did it take for CIC to process your application?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by olajide21: 11:17am On Mar 06, 2018
Mzstephh:
Hey Guys, Please has anyone who submitted their FSW express entry application in December received PPR? Just really curious that's all. Any pharmacist in the building too who applied via that route abeg how long did it take for CIC to process your application?

Countless December AoR have gotten PPR. Some Nigerians and some non Nigerians. IRCC does not issue PPR chronologically (I wish they do). Even some February have received PPR. Are December AoR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ljay17: 11:28am On Mar 06, 2018
Good day great people of Nairaland.
Passport and COPR received this morning.
It’s been a hell of a journey. I give all glory to God Almighty for His mercies

Updated timeline:

OINP Applicant
AOR: 16 Sept
MEP/IP1/NA2: 13 Oct
IP2: 15 Dec
ADR-Height/Eye Color: 15 Jan
PPR: 24 Jan
Passport Sent: 31 Jan
COPR: 05 March
London Visa Office

Good luck to everyone on this journey.

Now ‘migrating’ to the Living in Canada �� Thread.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 4Barr: 11:32am On Mar 06, 2018
Ljay17:
PPR: 24 Jan
Passport Sent: 31 Jan
COPR: 05 March
London Visa Office

Good luck to everyone on this journey.

Congrats

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 11:34am On Mar 06, 2018
Ljay17:

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 11:37am On Mar 06, 2018
Congratulations.
Ljay17:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by QSola: 11:47am On Mar 06, 2018
Congrats @ljay

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by pepe1: 11:54am On Mar 06, 2018
40manlappy:

I was about to recommend Stanbic IBTC too cheesy

NB: I am not an employee of the firm and I use a different PFA (not by choice anyway) but I can attest to Stanbic IBTC's efficiency....

Looping: pepe1

Ok, thank you sir.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by pepe1: 11:57am On Mar 06, 2018
Newmum0615:
You can. Just know that there a host of them out there, can't say which is the best. I don't know their internal processes but I got excellent service when I needed it from mine.
Ok, thanks

Sent you a message.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by thekingskiddy(m): 11:57am On Mar 06, 2018
happytbaby:
Seriously, I will come to your house with pankere and beat you.....there is nothing like too much info, scan everything before I close and open my eyes.

Everything is required please...whole 3 pages

I have complied sharply..I no wan chop pankere this morning or later from IRCC for that matter grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 11:58am On Mar 06, 2018
You no get liver. grin grin. Wish you speedy PPR

thekingskiddy:
I have complied sharply..I no wan chop pankere this morning or later from IRCC for that matter grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (628)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.