Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,844 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1295564 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 7:00pm On Mar 06, 2018
Ethelia:

Oh really? Haven't heard about the bolded before (are you referring to the Sch A or Trvale history forms?) . Let me go and do some research...... thanks grin
Actually I am not very certain which form. But I didn't submit though I have some visa refusals. I am VERY Sure I saw the instruction, because I had already filled the schedule A form, but didn't submit.

Any way, just submit(since I can't prove it now Sha) but make a copy so if they request again, you just copy it again

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 7:04pm On Mar 06, 2018
sweetrie:
Actually I am not very certain which form. But I didn't submit though I have some visa refusals. I am VERY Sure I saw the instruction, because I had already filled the schedule A form, but didn't submit.

Any way, just submit(since I can't prove it now Sha) but make a copy so if they request again, you just copy it again

The reason I delayed so much is that the information on the form is identical to what we have already submitted. Lets see how it goes, might include it or not. Thanks for the help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sweetrie(f): 7:06pm On Mar 06, 2018
Ethelia:

The reason I delayed so much is that the information on the form is identical to what we have already submitted. Lets see how it goes, might include it or not. Thanks for the help.
no prob. I will keep trying if I can get the reference

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by hiscules: 7:33pm On Mar 06, 2018
Hello House, please who has completed the schedule A form before. i am not sure how to sign the schedule A form o.

Do i print out the form and hand-sign it then scan for upload? or just input my names (using adobe on the system), which of the above validates the document.

cc : mcstan18 , newmum0615 ,canadianfly et all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by MamaKs: 7:39pm On Mar 06, 2018
We decided late last year to migrate to Canada so ive been going through all the post relating to migration to canada. I am the PA. I scored 7.5,6.5,6.5,8.5 SRWL in ielts which adds up to 401 in CRS while on the 67/100 scale, it's 75/100. Does it mean that when I apply, my 75 will boost my score from 401 to 476 or can I get ITA with the 75.

Newmum0615:
Lol. Where did you dig out that my post from? Anyway, the 67/100 'format' is to determine that you can even participate in the FSW program. Calculating your CRS score which is 0/1200 comes after the eligibility thingy. So you may score relatively well in CRS calculation but not meet the requirement for the FSW program. Gerrit?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Medal007: 7:51pm On Mar 06, 2018
Take a bus from delta to Sokoto ask for Direction to Boki LGA then explain to them to get you a ref letter.
You people sef when are you gonna stop all this
coolangel54:
I intend claiming work experience points to make my total work experience three years. My problem is getting the reference letter from my NYSC PPA. I served in Boki LGA in Cross River state and I am currently working at Delta State. How do I get the reference letter from my PPA? Please assist me, learned colleagues/elders. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Bimsebony: 8:07pm On Mar 06, 2018
Good evening my e-family,

Please i need your help. Does anyone have a contact in UNILAG DLI admin office that can help with WES verification? I called all the contacts I got here for Unilag records office but they said DLI transcript and verification is processed directly by DLI and they can't help.

My verification has been sent since November 2017 and the strike has been on since about that time.

Please i will truly appreciate it if anyone here can assist.

Regards...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tojued: 8:12pm On Mar 06, 2018
xtosync:
Should I go ahead with the PhD studies or I should ignore the admission. I know life in Canada will be job first, two or more years later school matter could follow and Only God knows. Please I need your candid advice

For info, Phds are basically free abroad (even with Nigerian passport) because the society is benefiting from your research. Just that admission is highly competitive.

Secondly, your PhD coursework in Nigeria is maximum one year. Every other thing is research you don't need do much physical presence. You can be communicating with you advisor electronically.

I don't have energy to type please draw conclusions based on the facts I've stated above in combination with advice others have given you.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by walexsignature: 8:25pm On Mar 06, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by adesbaba: 8:30pm On Mar 06, 2018
Newmum0615:
If you have teaching experience, then you can use that if you are sure you can get reference letter for a full year of work from your past employer.
Your bank teller role won't work as it falls under NOC C which you cannot use for this program. Evaluate your degrees, register, study and write your IELTS test, and when you have done all these, you can begin. Calculate your eligibility here and also use the CRS calculator here to determine what your score will be.

If it becomes overwhelming along the way, come back here and ask your questions. We will be glad to help. Don't forget to visit the Government of Canada website and page zero of this thread for all info you need to guide you.

Good luck.

Thanks aloat mama.....but I don't have payslip for the period of my teaching there...we were paid cash in hand....all dis govt skul ppl.....

1..I can go back and get reference letter from them and pls what will the reference letter contain

2..i will start asap for ielts preparation cos it must be 8888

3..For the nysc teaching job,what will be my NOC...

4..I know one can handle the whole process himself/herself ,but combining the stress with school coursework here is somehow to me..as am on the verge of finishing with distinction and don't wanna miss that...pls can I work hand in hand with an Agent there in Nigeria,My dads friend is a Canadian citizen and a ICRC certified onsultalnt in Naija,thinking of him handling it or must I be in Naija physically.....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by vickyehi: 8:43pm On Mar 06, 2018
dokxavi:
Gurus and Chairmen in the house,you've been so helpful.
Please I have a few questions.

1. Can I be enlightened on how nurses with RN,RM qualifications from Nigerian schools of nursing do ECA for Canadian express entry.

2. Which is the easiest ECA agency for RN,RM in terms of most favourable assessment? WES or IQAS?

3. Do RN,RM meet educational criteria for Canadian express entry?

4. Is there any Nigerian nurse here with RN,RM who has successfully got ITA or PR?

there is one on the express entry thread and he used IqAs
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by neni83: 8:52pm On Mar 06, 2018
hi people...pls just want to clarify that BC ielts n MOD ielts are the same?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Vancouver4(f): 8:52pm On Mar 06, 2018
xtosync:

Thank you for your valuable input. Also to all who gave their well thought opinion, I say thank you.
@Vancouver4, I am already at IP2(27th FEB) that's the stage next to PPR. As earlier stated, submitted my application and got AOR Nov, 2017. By God's grace hoping to get PPR at worst next month.

Why would you even think of accepting that admission. Guy, you de fall my hand o. Abeg, ur PR na wait and get stage e dey na. Your golden mail is already set and you are there still planning of a 3-5 year Nigerian project.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by walexsignature: 8:54pm On Mar 06, 2018
Good evening house. I have been following queitly for almost 2years now, since the time of our dear Dupyshoo (how i love you ma'am),vcole,justwise,40manlappy,mummyjaygirls,Bigsamfido,canadian fly. Zandora! you will forever be favoured. God bless everyone on this platform for your selfless service.

Straight to my questions.

I am having issues with sorting my POF, Please i need your candid opinion especially anyone that has done same successfully.I have 2.5million naira in my savings account (gtbank)and my sister is going to send 2million naira gift to me. which is the best option?

1. transfer both the 2.5mil and the 2mil into my current account(gtbank) and buy treasury bilsl for 3months (NB, THE CURRENT ACCT HAS NOT BEEN FUNDED FOR A WHILE) in the case of the bank ref letter which shows 6months average

2. my sister should send the money to my savings and draft a gift deed OR
3. my sister should send the money to my hubby. Hubby then sends to me and writes LOE explaining the transfer. The only issue with this option is that, we have changed our surname. This is presently not reflecting on our passport, Hubby's bank name is in the new name(there are legal docs to back this up)....i think this might raise a red flag .

Better options by you would be highly appreciated.

Apologies for my epistle.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by xtosync: 8:55pm On Mar 06, 2018
Tojued:

For info, Phds are basically free abroad (even with Nigerian passport) because the society is benefiting from your research. Just that admission is highly competitive.

Secondly, your PhD coursework in Nigeria is maximum one year. Every other thing is research you don't need do much physical presence. You can be communicating with you advisor electronically.

I don't have energy to type please draw conclusions based on the facts I've stated above in combination with advice others have given you.

Thank you very much Sir, I appreciate your effort to share your thoughts. I guess the system varies from school to school. I my school, no coursework is done for PhD in Biochemistry. Just your research.
Steps are actually
1. Get a researchable topic and have your supervisor agree with the topic (he can choose to modify it to suit standards and his taste)
2. Prepare for project proposal seminar to the department. Where you are meant to do a power point presentation on your chosen topic to lecturers and students and invited guests
3. They will grade you and content of your presentation and ask you to go ahead with the research work or not (most unlikely if you have laised well with your supervisor)
4. Start lab work on your research and get results.
5. Interpret the results and have your supervisors approval on the results interpretation
6. Prepare a department presentation on results obtained from the lab work. Take questions, comments and some grills in your field.
7. If the profs are satisfied with your work, you will be well graded accordingly or asked to repeat the presentation (if poor) although very unlikely.
8. Submit synopsis to PG school and get a date for external defense on your thesis.
9. Finally defend your work in front of a Senate committee of the school and get graded accordingly. Then you are awarded your degree after some time - Senate results sitting and clearance.

Lol...looking at the processes now I just dey mop with fear.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by tosanede: 8:59pm On Mar 06, 2018
neni83:
Yes they are
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by neni83: 9:01pm On Mar 06, 2018
tosanede:
Yes they are
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by xtosync: 9:04pm On Mar 06, 2018
Digressing a little...

Just got a mail for refund from WES. Can't remember who posted the info earlier. I(We) owe you a big e-hug smiley.

Dear Mr. XXXXXX

This is to inform you that you have been issued a refund in the amount of $37.05.
This refund is for the following item(s):
Reason for refund: [HST]
The refund should appear on your account in 2-3 days if issued to a credit card. Refunds by check can take up to 3 weeks for processing.
If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please contact us. All communications with WES should include your reference number XXXXX .

We thank you for choosing World Education Services for your credential evaluation.

Sincerely,
Accounts & Records
World Education Services

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ysteph: 9:11pm On Mar 06, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin

By the grace of God I Don graduate from page zero.
Newmum0615:
grin You are gradually becoming a problem on this thread. And na still page zero pikin be this o.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by vickyehi: 9:20pm On Mar 06, 2018
Ethelia:
Please I have a question about the travel history form.

Lets say I'm currently residing in the UK, and have made many trips to Nigeria, Australia, China and back to the UK. I only need to reflect the trips to China and Australia on the form right? (because it says to include trips made outside of country of residence and origin).

do you mind me asking why you want to leave the uk?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by ddu: 9:23pm On Mar 06, 2018
Bimsebony:
Good evening my e-family,

Please i need your help. Does anyone have a contact in UNILAG DLI admin office that can help with WES verification? I called all the contacts I got here for Unilag records office but they said DLI transcript and verification is processed directly by DLI and they can't help.

My verification has been sent since November 2017 and the strike has been on since about that time.

Please i will truly appreciate it if anyone here can assist.

Regards...

PM me or drop your email address here.
Peace!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by vickyehi: 9:33pm On Mar 06, 2018
I have been following this thread for a while now and so far i haven't seen any refusals for express entry.
Please elders in the house that have been following the thread before part 3 have there been any case of refusal in previous parts?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by adespecial: 9:41pm On Mar 06, 2018
[color=#770077][/color]please how did you go about getting a refund. Thanks

xtosync:
Digressing a little...

Just got a mail for refund from WES. Can't remember who posted the info earlier. I(We) owe you a big e-hug smiley.

Dear Mr. XXXXXX

This is to inform you that you have been issued a refund in the amount of $37.05.
This refund is for the following item(s):
Reason for refund: [HST]
The refund should appear on your account in 2-3 days if issued to a credit card. Refunds by check can take up to 3 weeks for processing.
If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please contact us. All communications with WES should include your reference number XXXXX .

We thank you for choosing World Education Services for your credential evaluation.

Sincerely,
Accounts & Records
World Education Services
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by nat138: 10:15pm On Mar 06, 2018
vickyehi:
I have been following this thread for a while now and so far i haven't seen any refusals for express entry.
Please elders in the house that have been following the thread before part 3 have there been any case of refusal in previous parts?

I am not an elder here by any chance grin, I haven't seen as well, just one case where there was a refusal but the decision was appealed or so and it was reversed.
I think this process is really straight forward, like few people have said it is one of the most straight forward immigration processes I have seen. A process where more than 80% of prospects go through on their own without the need for agents or representatives is easy I will say. As long as all the procedures and guidelines are followed to the latter, you should be fine.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by xtosync: 10:22pm On Mar 06, 2018
adespecial:
[color=#770077][/color]please how did you go about getting a refund. Thanks

Can't claim credit. Search for the moniker Emmasonic4me. He brought us the information on Feb 28.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Emmasonic4me: 10:34pm On Mar 06, 2018
xtosync:
Digressing a little...

Good to know someone here tried it and it worked

Please how long was your evaluation completed? How long did they take to respond to your request for a refund?

P. S: I just hope you're a female so that the e-hug will be beneficial, otherwise na firm handshake sure pass. tongue grin

Oya, come and pay your tithe sharp sharp

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Vancouver4(f): 10:42pm On Mar 06, 2018
Emmasonic4me:

Please how long was your evaluation completed? How long did they take to respond to your request for a refund?

P. S: I just hope you're a female so that the e-hug will be beneficial, otherwise na firm handshake sure pass. tongue grin

Sheege ke na .......Lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 10:44pm On Mar 06, 2018
hiscules:
Hello House, please who has completed the schedule A form before. i am not sure how to sign the schedule A form o.

Do i print out the form and hand-sign it then scan for upload? or just input my names (using adobe on the system), which of the above validates the document.

cc : mcstan18 , newmum0615 ,canadianfly et all

For all such editable pdf forms, you can do the following to append your signature:
- Sign on a plain sheet/piece of paper
- Scan and save the paper containing your signature as a .jpg image
- Open the form and find the "place signature" function from the "Fill & Sign" tab at the top right pane
- On the displayed dialogue box, check the "use an image" option
- Select the saved signature image from your computer drive
- Position and resize appropriately in the space provided. Note that the form picks ONLY the signature without the white paper background if you do this correctly
- Save and enjoy

Updated

11 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by MamaKs: 10:45pm On Mar 06, 2018
Thanks smiley kiss

MamaKs:
Please does that mean that I will not be going through the express entry format ie the 1200 format. Will I be accessed based on only the 67/100 format

[Aquote author=Newmum0615 post=64477679]Express Entry candidates are scored using the Comprehensive Ranking System. If your skills and experience qualify you as a federal skilled worker, you will be accessed with six selection factors.
Language skills
Education
Experience
Adaptability

If you score 67 points or higher (out of 100), you may qualify to immigrate to Canada as a federal skilled worker.

If you score lower than the pass mark of 67 points, you won’t qualify to immigrate to Canada as a federal skilled worker. The score you get using the CRS tool is different from the aforementioned 67/100 score (used to assess eligibility for the FSW program)

Read here.

You really need to read up. Have you read through page 0? I advise that you take your time and read, it will make things easier to comprehend. If you still don't understand certain aspects or if there are circumstances peculiar to you, you can ask questions. Your blood has been "hotting" too much o. grin

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 10:54pm On Mar 06, 2018
neni83:

No they aren't but either result is recognized for Express Entry purpose
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by xtosync: 10:57pm On Mar 06, 2018
Emmasonic4me:

It took 6 days. Sent the mail same day you dropped the info. Completed my ECA June last year.
You no need my hug, but if Na bobriscky, shebi that one hug go suffice? wink
Tithe go enter Church

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.