Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1292757 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 11:51am On Dec 11, 2017
Freeman59:

If you are registering on your own no charges. But through an agent they could charge you 2k or more for processing. Making it 70k

You must be kidding! You just have to be kidding. Has it become so bad that people do not know how to register for an examination? Something as basic as this. Very soon, someone will come here to ask what the full meaning of IELTS is.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 11:53am On Dec 11, 2017
mcstan18:

You must be kidding! You just have to be kidding. Has it become so bad that people do not know how to register for an examination? Something as basic as this. Very soon, someone will come here to ask what the full meaning of IELTS is.

it's second nature for some people to rely on others. It's not like they can't register themselves, they just don't want to go through the hassle or they want the responsibility to be on someone else. Same way some people will still get an immigration consultant to process their application. smh

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 11:56am On Dec 11, 2017
Freeman59:

Bro some ppl don't have the strength and time to do certain things. yes this is a DIY forum and I'm not derailing it. I'm just giving him options. Yo don't have to go sarcastic cuz of a suggestion.

Thanks

Strength and time? Na wa o. I did not have to step out of my office to apply and successfully register for the test (including payment). So what does this person in question need strength and time for? Maybe they'll also not have any for the actual test too.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Bimsebony: 11:59am On Dec 11, 2017
fred900:
Please Gurus in the house help me clear this out.

At the point of my application to CIC we are a family of 3, but my wife is pregnant. Considering the settlement funds, will i have to provide POF to cover the unborn child?

You only have to get additional funds if your wife gives birth before PPR or before landing. If you get PPR and land in Canny before she gives birth. You are go to go.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 12:31pm On Dec 11, 2017
Exactly. After enough re-directing from one email address to the other, they ended up sending me an email that didn't say anything. I understand their position though.

Newmum0615:
Those addresses don't really do much. They only send you generic responses that don't help in any way. At least, that is what happened to me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by PefHouse: 12:49pm On Dec 11, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am inquiring on behalf of family member

Please you recently got PPR, where in Accra is one expected to send the his passport to what is the address, is it Ghana high commission or VSF Global office? The PPR letter has no clear information on where to actually send passport? She has 10days left

For anyone who just got PPR your urgent response will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 11, 2017
PefHouse:
Hi everyone,

I am inquiring on behalf of family member

Please you recently got PPR, where in Accra is one expected to send the his passport to what is the address, is it Ghana high commission or VSF Global office? The PPR letter has no clear information on where to actually send passport? She has 10days left

For anyone who just got PPR your urgent response will be appreciated. Thanks

High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box 1639
42 Independence Avenue, Accra, Ghana.
Phone | Tél.: +233 (030) 2211521

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekchic(f): 1:04pm On Dec 11, 2017
mcstan18:

Please what's the full meaning of IELTS

***runs to hide***

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by PefHouse: 1:06pm On Dec 11, 2017
GlitteringStar:

High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box 1639
42 Independence Avenue, Accra, Ghana.
Phone | Tél.: +233 (030) 2211521

Thanks did you pay any fees?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 11, 2017
PefHouse:

Thanks did you pay any fees?

No PPR yet. grin

You can use either VFS or DHL. Read the post below for more details.

XX01: VFS is 12,500 per person's passport but it's a one-off payment. DHL is about N19k to send and 21k to receive regardless of how many passports are to be sent. So, for a family of 5, DHL would be cheaper but VFS would be cheaper for a family of 2. VFS is also a little slower than DHL. Speed of processing depends on the Accra office. Mine took 5 weeks, some took 2 weeks. Delivery is about 2 to 5 days.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Talkingboy: 1:26pm On Dec 11, 2017
sleekchic:

***runs to hide***

Independent Electoral Learning and Training Service

grin grin grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 7stargeneralady: 1:27pm On Dec 11, 2017
babyoj:
hi, i dont think you will have a problem with this plan from what i have read from this thread, the only issue i see here is when you add your child. cos i remember someone was refused here because she added a child and also the post ITA marriage certificate. the refusal was because from the date of the certificate, the only dependent should have been the spouse, meaning she lied pre ITA about her dependents.
Good afternoon, thanks a lot. Please can I have the nairaland name of the woman so I can get more details. Also I already filled for a dependant which is my child since there's no place asking for children and I'm not legally married yet so I filled single. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 1:29pm On Dec 11, 2017
Babes,

I think this is fine. Does oyinbo marry everyone they have kids for ? Do they not have 3 kids together and still remain unmarried? You have not yet married the man legally, and you have a dependent, is marriage compulsory to get belle ni? I do not even see how this thing is an issue yet. If they ask you, you explain.....shikena! When you marry him, you add spouse, people have been adding spouse without issues.

Although, I agree it's a little different because the child bears his name, it should still not be a big deal.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Blackbuddy: 2:06pm On Dec 11, 2017
laitway:
@Blackbuddy,

hi bro.please check your PM.
or better still you can send me an email on laitway@gmail.com; would love to ask you a few questions.

Hi, tried to reply your PMs but my emails keep bouncing back. Perhaps you should reset your email in use with Nairaland?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Newmum0615: 2:21pm On Dec 11, 2017
The thing no tire you? Same reaction I gave, baba said I was being sarcastic. That's how they will come and ask what IELTS is all about when all the info they need is right there on the website.
mcstan18:

Strength and time? Na wa o. I did not have step out of my office to apply and successfully register for the test (including payment). So what does this person in question need strength and time for? Maybe they'll also not have any for the actual test too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 2:24pm On Dec 11, 2017
Hello everyone!

Please I need information on the fastest means to get a new passport if I lost mine.
I would also appreciate if someone can provide contact details of an immigration officer that can assist in a speedy process.

Also, does anyone know what the estimated duration for getting it?

Thanks all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by TEECANN: 2:25pm On Dec 11, 2017
sleekchic:

***runs to hide***

IELTS is the International English Language Testing System. It is the world's most popular English language test for higher education and global migration, with over 2 million IELTS tests taken in the last year. The British Council offers IELTS tests and preparation courses in their centres throughout the world. tongue tongue grin cheesy

It is well o!! grin

It will surely end in praise IJN!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Abbylee: 2:27pm On Dec 11, 2017
Hi guys,

What bank gives POF reference letter according to CIC's format among these banks? Access, Gtb, Stanbic or Zenith??

I heard some banks have strict format and its not compliant to CICs'.

Please help, its urgent!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by fred900(m): 2:37pm On Dec 11, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have a Msc., a PGD and obviously my first degree. I want to assess with my certificate(s) with WES, should I just assess only my Msc. or should I assess all the other certificates?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by QSola: 2:41pm On Dec 11, 2017
yokus:
No

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekchic(f): 3:15pm On Dec 11, 2017
Talkingboy:

Independence Electoral Learning and Training Service

grin grin grin

Thank you my brother. grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 3:16pm On Dec 11, 2017
You may need all of them when searching for work so it's advisable to do all since it's the same price. However, if the instituations take time to send transcripts and verify, then you can go ahead and do the Msc alone to save time.

fred900:
Hello everyone,

I have a Msc., a PGD and obviously my first degree. I want to assess with my certificate(s) with WES, should I just assess only my Msc. or should I assess all the other certificates?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by sleekchic(f): 3:19pm On Dec 11, 2017
TEECANN:

IELTS is the International English Language Testing System. It is the world's most popular English language test for higher education and global migration, with over 2 million IELTS tests taken in the last year. The British Council offers IELTS tests and preparation courses in their centres throughout the world. tongue tongue grin cheesy

It is well o!! grin

It will surely end in praise IJN!

Hehehehehe.Yes sir It will end in praise wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 3:22pm On Dec 11, 2017
sleekchic:

***runs to hide***

grin Better unhide yourself and come for your answer

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 3:30pm On Dec 11, 2017
Abbylee:
Hi guys,

What bank gives reference letter according to CIC's format among these banks? Access, Gtb, Stanbic or Zenith??

I heard some banks have strict format and its not compliant to CICs'.

Please help, its urgent!

shocked shocked Did you work with all these banks? Anyway, just pick the one(s) where your roles match the NOC you'd like to adopt
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by mcstan18(m): 3:33pm On Dec 11, 2017
Newmum0615:
The thing no tire you? Same reaction I gave, baba said I was being sarcastic. That's how they will come and ask what IELTS is all about when all the info they need is right there on the website.

My dear, such intellectual laziness can be so frustrating.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 11, 2017
Newmum0615:
Those addresses don't really do much. They only send you generic responses that don't help in any way. At least, that is what happened to me.
OK. The way they were harped on, I thought they had been tested and trusted...in Nigerian politicuans' voice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Abbylee: 3:40pm On Dec 11, 2017
For POF jo
mcstan18:

shocked shocked Did you work with all these banks? Anyway, just pick the one(s) where your roles match the NOC you'd like to adopt

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 11, 2017
Newmum0615:
OK. The way they were harped on, I thought they had been tested and trusted...in Nigerian politicuans' voice. It appears only NL does stuff for free!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 11, 2017
mcstan18:

My dear, such intellectual laziness can be so frustrating.
They would say jump and pass, no be by force to answer. When u ignore, they spam the thread. And the most annoying is those who support them, won't come in to deliver the lazy-ass answers. The cycle goes on and on. I have said it some people need representation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 11, 2017
Shey, d oyibo dey apply for Nigerian permanent residence? All the single wey don apply, how far? Any rejection or ADR? Any approvals?
happytbaby:
Babes,

I think this is fine. Does oyinbo marry everyone they have kids for ? Do they not have 3 kids together and still remain unmarried? You have not yet married the man legally, and you have a dependent, is marriage compulsory to get belle ni? I do not even see how this thing is an issue yet. If they ask you, you explain.....shikena! When you marry him, you add spouse, people have been adding spouse without issues.

Although, I agree it's a little different because the child bears his name, it should still not be a big deal.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 11, 2017
Another annoying thing is, they don't want to pay either.
mcstan18:

Strength and time? Na wa o. I did not have step out of my office to apply and successfully register for the test (including payment). So what does this person in question need strength and time for? Maybe they'll also not have any for the actual test too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.