Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,644 members, 7,813,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (1292837 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (628) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by cochtrane(m): 11:06pm On Dec 11, 2017
mrstender:
Good Morning everyone,
I would like to congratulate all ITA and PPR recipients, I am a newbie on the thread and I believe that I am going to be a recipient of the above soon, Please I need assistance as regards my NOCs, I worked with a Pension Fund Administrator for 2.5 years as a Customer Relationship manager( NOC 1133 helep mi confirm). My duties goes thus:
 Drive continuous sales of Additional Voluntary Contribution as a tool to increase the funds under management and investment strategy for customers.
 Generate and present monthly fund report to the departmental stakeholders and management executive.
 Ensure prompt on-field resolution of customer complaints with the aid of dedicated software or liaising with the operations department in-house.
 Ensure at least a customer complaint resolution forum in every account managed once every quarter and to enlighten them on any new update in the industry.
 To ensure that customers subscribe to the Additional voluntary Contribution Platform by providing Comprehensive Financial Simulations that would aid proper understanding of the product.
 To ensure that customers are trained comprehensively on the EPCCOS(Electronic Pensions Contributions Collection System) Platform and standard UAT is achieved with these customers after their training to ensure that they can run confidently before they commence the use of the application software on their own .

Senior Business Development Officer (can’t find NOC) for 7 months in a Management Consulting Firm
• Premium attention is expended into accelerating business development ventures and attainment of set revenue targets.
• Constant exploitation of windows of opportunities and rectification of lapses must be achieved through a meticulous monitoring of industry growth via regular participation in conferences.
• Ensure an efficient project acquisition roadmap through well thought out plan and feasible implementation that encompasses the core essence of the company ie revenue realisation via sales, clients development, loyalty and retention.
• Initiating and actualizing formally arranged gathering and interactive forum with prospective and newly adopted clients to examine and shed light to prospective contract reappraise existing ones, update where necessary and expunge those deemed obsolete.
• To ensure proper plan approaches and pitches whilst working with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs concerns and objectives.
• To ensure proper follow ups on agreement by clarifying and mediating through difference to a positive conclusion.
• Ensure adequate weekly reports on all activity and team members inclusive which is to be submitted to the CEO of the organization.

Pls forgive my epistle I need NOCs for both.(make una helep mi aaaaabegggg)

I can't be too sure, but it looks to me both fall under 4163. You can check it out here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by cochtrane(m): 11:15pm On Dec 11, 2017
policy12:

Good morn and sorry for quoting u this early, and pls house anyone else can answer, my HR is asking what is the purpose of the reference as in what am i using it for?

Will I just say travelling or what? Pls its urgent help.
If you wanna avoid stating the true facts, you could say you need it for "travel purposes". I'm sure you can draft an ambiguous email full of unclear details about the nature of the "travel". Put it at "foreign travel". If it comes down to it however and you are asked point blank if it's for immigration, it's better to not deny. Who knows, CIC may be sending out an inquiry regarding your job reference letter. It rarely comes to that though.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Emmasonic4me: 12:59am On Dec 12, 2017
cochtrane:

If you wanna avoid stating the true facts, you could say you need it for "travel purposes". I'm sure you can draft an ambiguous email full of unclear details about the nature of the "travel". Put it at "foreign travel". If it comes down to it however and you are asked point blank if it's for immigration, it's better to not deny. Who knows, CIC may be sending out an inquiry regarding your job reference letter. It rarely comes to that though.

grin grin grin You be bad sharp nigga... @ the bolded.

It's just being subtle with the response to the purpose of request. Nice one there.

It reminds me how I once responded to a query from my line manager for coming to work late... Kindly explain why disciplinary measures will not be meted against you....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Threemg: 1:55am On Dec 12, 2017
Guitarlife:

What you have on your reference letter will determine the best NOC.
How then do you relate it when you have 3 reference letters from the various companies you've worked, bearing in mind they're all different roles entirely
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Threemg: 2:08am On Dec 12, 2017
Great people, only GOD can bless you all for all these wonderful notes, advice, updates et al. We shall all have cox to celebrate and get GOD taking all d Glory. Please while my IELTS is underway I want to ask few questions so that after entering d pool I won't be caught unprepared like d 5 unwise virgins.
1. Do I need to get all reference letters from all the companies I have worked after NYSC?
2. What do I do in d Choice of NOC? I am an Electrical (Power systems) graduate and I hav e worked in 3 different companies with different roles : Please what should be d yardstick for my NOC , is it any of the previous experience or the current one?
3. My ND n HND ECA is currently handled by WES, I have a B.Eng too but NOR is not yet out and that's y I proceeded with d aHnd, do u think I should evaluate dt of the BEng too for more points? Thanks fam

GOD bless u all.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by cochtrane(m): 2:41am On Dec 12, 2017
Emmasonic4me:

grin grin grin You be bad sharp nigga... @ the bolded.

It's just being subtle with the response to the purpose of request. Nice one there.

It reminds me how I once responded to a query from my line manager for coming to work late... Kindly explain why disciplinary measures will not be meted against you....
Lol. Being deliberately ambiguous in the corporate world comes in handy from time to time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by cochtrane(m): 2:49am On Dec 12, 2017
Threemg:

1. Do I need to get all reference letters from all the companies I have worked after NYSC?
You really don't need to. You only need reference letters enough to justify up to 3 years work experience in order to claim max points under express entry. If it doesn't pose problems, then collect as many of the reference letters as you can. 6 years experience will enable you score max points under eligibility for FSW. You can read more about that here.

2. What do I do in d Choice of NOC? I am an Electrical (Power systems) graduate and I hav e worked in 3 different companies with different roles : Please what should be d yardstick for my NOC , is it any of the previous experience or the current one?
You can easily derive your NOC from what's stated in your job reference letter when you get it. That's sometimes the best yardstick.

3. My ND n HND ECA is currently handled by WES, I have a B.Eng too but NOR is not yet out and that's y I proceeded with d aHnd, do u think I should evaluate dt of the BEng too for more points? Thanks fam
ND/HND will give you the same points as BEng + ND/HND. So, you might as well just stick with evaluating your ND/HND.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Fanyeofori: 4:44am On Dec 12, 2017
QSola:

Well WES is cheaper cos one fee covers both but I used ICES cos of verification wahala n Asup strike. Its still in process anyways. But most people here used WES
let me understand u beta plz? Are saying if I need to verify TWO certificates from two different universities, that once I pay 68k, it will cover for d two certs?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by calalili2018: 5:12am On Dec 12, 2017
Hello house,

Can we start to include Passport Submission (PS) and Passport collected (PC)in our timeline to help others? including VFS or DHL??

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by HighBK: 5:28am On Dec 12, 2017
policy12:

Good morn and sorry for quoting u this early, and pls house anyone else can answer, my HR is asking what is the purpose of the reference as in what am i using it for?

Will I just say travelling or what? Pls its urgent help.

Immigration. Don't be surprised your boss just received ITA. I met some senior colleagues and bosses during IELTS test and medicals.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Rexphobia(m): 6:51am On Dec 12, 2017
calalili2018:
Hello house,

Can we start to include Passport Submission (PS) and Passport collected (PC)in our timeline to help others? including VFS or DHL??

Word!... Just wondering why there is no support group for this class of people (whatsapp, Immitracker, etc). This process can take as long as 5 weeks, sometimes even longer than the time it took from AOR to get the PPR mail.
The fact that this set of applicants are in the dark is scary... Yes, I know rejection at this point is almost impossible but it will still help to track progress.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Julie2018: 7:05am On Dec 12, 2017
Sent you a message. Thanks
cochtrane:

Send me a PM. I may have someone for you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Loffloff: 7:14am On Dec 12, 2017
Good morning all.. I am new in this forum.. I have been finding it difficult to contribute or ask questions. Please how do I do that?? Meaning am done with my ECA and waiting for my IELTS results.. I know by the grace of God I will sing a song of victory over it in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Ethelia(f): 7:25am On Dec 12, 2017
Loffloff:
Good morning all.. I am new in this forum.. I have been finding it difficult to contribute or ask questions. Please how do I do that?? Meaning am done with my ECA and waiting for my IELTS results.. I know by the grace of God I will sing a song of victory over it in Jesus name. Amen

how do you contribute? by giving answers to questions from others when they pertain to areas you have passed through. E. g some people don't even know what ECA is so when then come and start asking you can answer them grin

What other question do you have?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Deebay: 7:42am On Dec 12, 2017
Good morning house. Passed medical just yesterday. I raised abi sent a CSE and got a reply that all is well with my application. Few days after I passed medical and everything went back to the way it was, details now is showing submitted for pr and invited for express entry. I had this 'your action is required' for a week. Currently at IP1 like I was before MEP.

Thanks to everyone who helped ease my worry.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 12, 2017
Deebay:
Good morning house. Passed medical just yesterday. I raised abi sent a CSE and got a reply that all is well with my application. Few days after I passed medical and everything went back to the way it was, details now is showing submitted for pr and invited for express entry. I had this 'your action is required' for a week. Currently at IP1 like I was before MEP.

Congrats sis. I think @Cochtrane got "IP1" before getting "Medical passed" too. It will surely end in praise. smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Dominic147(m): 8:03am On Dec 12, 2017
Thanks so much sir.. i really appreciate
optionese:

Don't send to anyone
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by shikshark: 8:03am On Dec 12, 2017
elfmann:
Evaluate ur masters only.. U can involve d others if u like.
thanks for the swift reply, i appreciate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 8:45am On Dec 12, 2017
Thanks, I am just a perfectionist, will decide shortly.

By the way, which part of you is 'kontagious', should we be 'scared?

Kontagious:
You can change your NOC post ITA. Some elders did. Just ensure your new NOC is in sync with duties in your reference letter(s).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Kevinoh: 8:58am On Dec 12, 2017
Good morning everyone,

I was sent a mail requesting for more documents like payslip, tax clearance and staff ID to back up my working experience. I was also asked to make payment of $490 CAD for RPRF and upload the payment receipt as I only made payment for my application fees when I submitted in August.

Please I'd like to know how I can go about this payment with my debit card. No payment details were given in the mail I received and I can't seem to find any link in my CIC account as to how I can go about it.

Thanks guys for your anticipated responses.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 9:01am On Dec 12, 2017
Welcome to my predicament!

I suggest you choose 6235 once the reference will align with the roles properly. There is no point going through the hassles of wondering if they will think that you did not 'plan, co-ordinate, organize blah blah blah' the activities of a credit department. The lead statement for NOC 0122 is the crux of the issue, check the lead statement, if you cannot proof that, 'jejely' go for 6235.

Lead Statement is below.

Banking, credit and other investment managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of financial establishments or operational departments within such establishments, or credit departments in industrial and commercial establishments. They oversee business development and manage overall performance in accordance with established strategic directions and policies. Banking managers are employed by banks, trust companies and credit unions. Credit managers are employed by credit departments in department stores, utility companies, car dealerships, insurance companies or other industrial or commercial organizations. Other investment managers are employed by credit card companies, consumer loan companies, mutual fund investment firms, mortgage investment companies or other financial establishments concerned with extending loans and financing and investments

chiobich:
Hello, my people I am back again after a while. So I was in the Nov 11th IELTS test batch and I got LRWS 8, 7.5, 7, 7.5. Been away on training outside Lagos, so no time to check NL or follow up with this application thing.
I now want to enter the pool and I have decided to use my 1 year experience with one of the consumer finance companies in town that provides consumer credit to individuals, instead of the FT experience I was worrying over the last time. I will still have a CRS 435 with my 1 year experience.
So my issue is now deciding on which NOC is the best. My duties included analyzing and in turn approving/rejecting applications for soft loans among other accompanying duties. Although I was approving and rejecting, I was not a senior staff of the company. So my question is should I choose NOC 6235 which looks like a job for sales and marketing guys or 0122 which shows the duties of a credit person but which states that it is a managerial role.
Biko my people I want to enter the pool this week, help me. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by optionese: 9:02am On Dec 12, 2017
Deebay:

Congratulations. Check this on your progressions

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Hope15: 9:03am On Dec 12, 2017
Don't know if this has been discussed....

You may need to check the dates of the 2 reviews first; could be an assistant initially pegging it for review while an agent later cleared you. Then there won't be any reason for concern. The dates should point that out though.

Should the reviews be reversed however, i.e. cleared before, then pegged for review later, and that you did not have a pof summary with the conversion date on it ab-initio, you may then need to raise the CSE with the updated pof.

Else, continue sipping your favorite juice with popcorn

MRSDA:
House, please I need advice....

I ordered GCMS notes and i noticed that at a point, there's was Funds met written, then another page said Funds to be reviewed.

We claimed 23,000 CAD as POF for a family of 4. On the day we submitted, Oanda gave us figure as 6,646,290 while balance on account was about N50,000 higher than this.

I am now wondering if this isn't a problem because of the 'to be reviewed' comment.

The account balance is a little higher than that now. Should we raise CSE and resubmit POF or wait to see if they ask for proof again?

With the current exchange rate though, we definitely have more than.

What rate do they use? Please help.

Thank you all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 12, 2017
happytbaby:
Welcome to my predicament!

I suggest you choose 6235 once the reference will align with the roles properly. There is no point going through the hassles of wondering if they will think that you did not 'plan, co-ordinate, organize blah blah blah' the activities of a credit department. The lead statement for NOC 0122 is the crux of the issue, check the lead statement, if you cannot proof that, 'jejely' go for 6235.

Lead Statement is below.

Banking, credit and other investment managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of financial establishments or operational departments within such establishments, or credit departments in industrial and commercial establishments. They oversee business development and manage overall performance in accordance with established strategic directions and policies. Banking managers are employed by banks, trust companies and credit unions. Credit managers are employed by credit departments in department stores, utility companies, car dealerships, insurance companies or other industrial or commercial organizations. Other investment managers are employed by credit card companies, consumer loan companies, mutual fund investment firms, mortgage investment companies or other financial establishments concerned with extending loans and financing and investments

l tow the same line of thought with Happytbaby NOC 6235
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Threemg: 9:22am On Dec 12, 2017
cochtrane:

You really don't need to. You only need reference letters enough to justify up to 3 years work experience in order to claim max points under express entry. If it doesn't pose problems, then collect as many of the reference letters as you can. 6 years experience will enable you score max points under eligibility for FSW. You can read more about that here.

You can easily derive your NOC from what's stated in your job reference letter when you get it. That's sometimes the best yardstick.

ND/HND will give you the same points as BEng + ND/HND. So, you might as well just stick with evaluating your ND/HND.
cochtrane:

cochtrane:

So I can go with any of the reference letter's JD in the choice of NOC
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by loudlumi: 9:29am On Dec 12, 2017
Hello house,

Kindly help a brother, UNILAG is yet to respond to my M.sc verification going on 3 weeks now, I need help with a "sure" contact in the records office as I am aware the non-academic staff are on strike.

Urgent help needed as the swathe of people swarming towards the cic Website makes the need to get an ITA as quickly as possible necessary.

My birthday is in a few weeks and I do not want my points to drop. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by EngrKen8(m): 9:30am On Dec 12, 2017
Morning House. You guys have been really helpful all through my canny process. However I have another question. So I woke up this morning to a CPCO-Final Request mail saying ready for visa and that I should submit my passport. Now I’m really happy but I just logged in to my application and it still says ‘in progress’. Guys please before I continue dancing here, is it normal?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 12, 2017
EngrKen8:
Morning House. You guys have been really helpful all through my canny process. However I have another question. So I woke up this morning to a CPCO-Final Request mail saying ready for visa and that I should submit my passport. Now I’m really happy but I just logged in to my application and it still says ‘in progress’. Guys please before I continue dancing here, is it normal?

Please dance like David...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Tesilim1988: 9:42am On Dec 12, 2017
GOOD MORNING
PLS I NEED SOMEONE THAT CAN HLP ME OUT STARTING FRM D BEGINING
BOTH OF US HAS TO NEGOTIATE
THANKS
U CAN CHAT ME UP MON WHATSAPP- 08099691257
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by pampem: 10:26am On Dec 12, 2017
EngrKen8:

congratulations! dance wella, you are good

your timeline please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by happytbaby: 10:26am On Dec 12, 2017
18days PPR.....congratulations!

EngrKen8:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by Deebay: 10:32am On Dec 12, 2017
EngrKen8:
Thank you ladies :GS and optionese.
See eh nothing on this journey is normal, just continue dancing on your way to DHL. Congratulations

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (628)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.